Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Has anybody in here been robbed? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359418)

Indiana 10-17-2005 01:20 PM

Has anybody in here been robbed?

So my house was broken into Saturday night while I was out. No idea who it could have been. Interesting thing is that the only thing they stole was a few pieces of jewerly and my Colts tickts for the game tonight. I forgot to set the alarm but I'm scared chitless about it. Anybody experience this type of thing? Dam, now I will have to watch the game on TV. I could go to the game and try to find who is sitting in my seat but they prolly won't be the actual thief.

Indy

swede123 10-17-2005 01:22 PM

Re: Has anybody in here been robbed?

It's only some jewelery and some football tickets, probably something I could replace playing .25/.50 for a few hours. Don't sweat it man.

Swede

boedeker 10-17-2005 01:22 PM

i got robbed last december. i was out of town but my girlfriend was around and it really freaked her out for a while after. i was alright about it, we added more locks.

sorry.

Indiana 10-17-2005 01:24 PM

Dude, do you know how expensive a Monday night Colts game is? I had 4 tickets man. Our stadium is really small too so that ups the price.

Indy

lorinda 10-17-2005 01:26 PM

When I played MTG seriously, someone broke into our house and emptied about $2-3k worth of my magic cards onto the floor out of a bag - so they could use the bag to carry out a 5 year old VCR which they might have got $50 for if they were lucky.

Lori

pokerdirty 10-17-2005 01:26 PM

since it is Colts tix and jewelry, do you think it is someone you know?

Voltron87 10-17-2005 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, do you know how expensive a Monday night Colts game is? I had 4 tickets man. Our stadium is really small too so that ups the price.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

dude you explicitly said you play Texas No-Limit Hold'em, no biggie at all.

kyro 10-17-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's only some jewelery and some football tickets, probably something I could replace playing .25/.50 for a few hours. Don't sweat it man.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope [censored] doesn't think I'm contributing nothing here, but this post was absolute gold. Thank you.

Indiana 10-17-2005 01:31 PM

I have no idea who it was, that's what scares me man. They couldn't have come in just for my tickets, I was just stupid enough to have them sitting in my jewerly box on the bathroom sink. I'm getting a Rotweiler.

Indy

kyro 10-17-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea who it was, that's what scares me man. They couldn't have come in just for my tickets, I was just stupid enough to have them sitting in my jewerly box on the bathroom sink. I'm getting a Rotweiler.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to make it known that I would willingly offer myself up as Indy's opponent in the next Survivor matchup if that is OK with [censored].

DrSavage 10-17-2005 01:35 PM

Noone has ever broke into my house, I have been robbed at gunpoint two times however.

astroglide 10-17-2005 01:37 PM

i would contact the cops. get proof of your ticket purchase and have whoever is sitting in the seats arrested.

Notorious G.O.B. 10-17-2005 01:37 PM

Geez you hold a grudge.

kyro 10-17-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would contact the cops. get proof of your ticket purchase and have whoever is sitting in the seats arrested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those people could easily claim they bought them on the street before the game. I like your thinking though.

TheBlueMonster 10-17-2005 01:38 PM

Myabe someone saw the pics of your house on this site...
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Blarg 10-17-2005 01:38 PM

A lot of robberies and crimes are very situational; a drunk guy will just go around trying doors or looking for a dark house. There could easily be no particular logic to why it happened to you on any particular night.

Of course, there's no better security device than a big, territorial dog. Might want to consider it. His alarm is always on.

trying2learn 10-17-2005 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone who steals tickets - then goes and uses the seats is first class moron. odds are the people in those seats will have bought those tickets scalped.

swede123 10-17-2005 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Of course, there's no better security device than a big, territorial dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about sharks with freakin' lasers on their heads? My sharks would own your Rottweiler.

Swede

SL__72 10-17-2005 01:41 PM

Do you have season tickets? If so just go find the person scalping your tickets. If they are actually using them (doesn't seem likely) you know where they are going to be at 8pm tonight. You might be able to convince the stadium/team that you were in fact robbed and to let you have your seats/help find out who used the tickets or something.

Indiana 10-17-2005 01:42 PM

Yah, kyro or Clarkmeister prolly looked me up from my last brag post and decided to rob my ass. Im quitting this forum now:)

Indy

Shajen 10-17-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im quitting this forum now:)

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't you already say that once before?

Indiana 10-17-2005 01:44 PM

Hence the humor.

Indy

astroglide 10-17-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who steals tickets - then goes and uses the seats is first class moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who break into places for low hundreds worth of goods are pretty much first-class morons too. it's not likely, but i wouldn't be amazingly surprised if the ticket users were infact the robbers. perhaps the OP will recognize them whoever they are (friend of a "friend" and that sort of thing). perhaps they will identify the people who did it. who knows? it's not a terrific amount of effort and i'd be happy to do it if there's a non-zero chance of somebody actually getting nailed as a result of it.

dcasper70 10-17-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone who steals tickets - then goes and uses the seats is first class moron. odds are the people in those seats will have bought those tickets scalped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but too friggin bad for them. It's called receiving stolen property!
Even if they didn't know, scalping is still illegal in most states.

Contact the Colts, drop the hammer! Give 'em the boot, I say!

manpower 10-17-2005 01:48 PM

Someone took all the change and my bag out of my car while i was at college (i had forgotten to lock it). Monetarily it wasn't so bad, but it sucked losing all my notes and textbooks for the semester.

SL__72 10-17-2005 01:49 PM

As long as they are season tickets you should at least be able to go to the game still.

swede123 10-17-2005 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone took all the change and my bag out of my car while i was at college (i had forgotten to lock it). Monetarily it wasn't so bad, but it sucked losing all my notes and textbooks for the semester.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually stole the loose change out of your car? Unless you happened to have a gigantic vat full of quarters in the back seat I must nominate this robbery as the most pitiful one in the thread so far.

Swede

B Dids 10-17-2005 01:54 PM

I've had my cars broken into 4 times. Lost two windows, one deck+changer+speakers, a coat, a backpack, some softball equipment, various CDs (including a a Mobb Deep CD when the cops actually got the guys in the act, but let them keep the CD since they decided that it likely belong to the thieves because it was unlikely the owner of a lowered 91 Civic SI listened to "gangster rap"), and the cost of repairing a damaged stearing column from a failed attempt to actually take the care.

I've had a bike stolen from under my apartment, but that's because I was lazy and locked it through the front wheel and then ignored it for 3 weeks.

offTopic 10-17-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I played MTG seriously, someone broke into our house and emptied about $2-3k worth of my magic cards onto the floor out of a bag - so they could use the bag to carry out a 5 year old VCR which they might have got $50 for if they were lucky.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here - my house was broken into in 12/01, and the guy grabbed everything he could fit into my backpack, which was lying in my room. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Digcam, PDA, watch, some cash...and left behind the MTG binders. One had a complete set of Unlimited in it, and another had an Arabian Nights and an Antiquities set in it.

Wes ManTooth 10-17-2005 01:56 PM

Once my car was stolen, about a weak later a friend of mine saw it in someone's driveway as he happen to be driving by in a town that was about 15 minutes from were I lived. He called me and I quickly went over to check it out. My friend and I checked my car and it looked fine with the exception of the alarm being messed with, I went to the house (ready to beat the $^%& out of whoever answered the door) only to find an old lady home and she claimed that she thought it was her grandsons friends car. I told her that I was there to pick it up. I had my keys got in and took off. Later on that night I called the police that I had filled the report with and told them the story. They researched it and the next day it turned out that the person that stole my car was arrested a few days earlier for drug related charges and they could not on additional theft charges because they have no proof that he actually took the car because I had already taken it back.

HopeydaFish 10-17-2005 02:06 PM

You'll be able to go to the game. Just call the stadium and tell them your tickets were stolen. They'll print you some new ones. If they have the system where they have barcode readers for the tickets on the way in, they'll de-activate the stolen tickets so that they can't be used.

A friend of mine lost her ticket to an NHL playoff game a couple of years ago. She was upset because she figured she was out of luck, but called the box office just in case. They didn't even hesitate on printing her a new ticket.

jaydub 10-17-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here - my house was broken into in 12/01, and the guy grabbed everything he could fit into my backpack, which was lying in my room. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Digcam, PDA, watch, some cash...and left behind the MTG binders. One had a complete set of Unlimited in it, and another had an Arabian Nights and an Antiquities set in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shockingly burglars are generally not fantasy card playing nerds.

Randy_Refeld 10-17-2005 02:11 PM

I worked in some convenience stores for a while and was robbed at gunpoint multiple times. Isn't very fun.

SCfuji 10-17-2005 02:13 PM

is this a common thing in your neighborhood? did anybody around see anything suspicious? (yes i know it was at night but you never know).

RacersEdge 10-17-2005 02:19 PM

I would definitely call the cops on this one and have them see who takes those seats. Probably not the thief, but who knows - maybe the people would have the thief's cell number or something. You hear about stupid crimes all the time.

offTopic 10-17-2005 02:20 PM

http://www.ednacampbell.com/media/pa..._190_proud.jpg

TripleH68 10-17-2005 02:30 PM

Someone tried to break into my home once. I work the evening shift and was home around 10:30am when I heard someone knock on the front door. I ignored it like usual, but then heard someone a couple minutes later at the back door fidgeting with the lock. I appeared in a blaze of anger and this guy took off quickly and ran through the neighbor's yard to get away. I then called the police and they did next to nothing of course. Not sure if I should have taken a different course of action, but I freaked quickly.

By the way, when someone breaks into your home when you are not there it is a burglary. Robbery is when someone takes something from you in person.

tonypaladino 10-17-2005 02:35 PM

I was mugged at knifepoint twice outside my highschool, by the same guy, two weeks apart. The second time I told him to F Off and when I went back into the building he was still hangling around outside, so I got the school cop and she arrested him. Dumbass.

As for home invasions-- There is a funeral home two doors up from me, and one night in March some kid apparently was trying to break in through the roof. The owner was in there and called the cops, but he had no roof access through his building, so I had to let the hops in my apartment, and 15 of them ran up to my roof, got the kid, and he was arrested in my kitchen. Fun times.

BoogerFace 10-17-2005 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im quitting this forum now:)

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't you already say that once before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't such a statement (Indy's) grounds for banning?

mmbt0ne 10-17-2005 02:44 PM

About 2 weeks ago my friends house got broken in to. They took the TV, DVD player, Nintendo, and SNES, but no DVDs or games except for Mortal Kombat, which was in the SNES.

Also, my roommates car got broken into a little bit ago. They took his video camera (he's a film major, pwned) and his backpack. The shitty part is that the cop said that a lot on pre-99 Pontiacs had been broken into lately because somehow a copy of a master key got out, that would open most cars. I thought that was pretty shitty that Pontiac not only has a master key, but that they somehow allowed it to get out.