Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Week 6 FFB Discussion/Bragging/Bitching (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358848)

CD56 10-16-2005 01:57 PM

Week 6 FFB Discussion/Bragging/Bitching

I have Steve Smith in both my leagues. I am very happy.

Russ McGinley 10-16-2005 04:27 PM

Re: Week 6 FFB Discussion/Bragging/Bitching

Brag: Steve Smith rules. I win unless Peyton Manning throws 5 TDs to Reggie Wayne
Bitch: Chicago's D keeps villain from being obliterated before the late games even start.

CD56 10-16-2005 04:44 PM

i bothers me that they have steve returning punts, why would you risk losing him to injury, seems stupid to me

Cancer Merchant 10-16-2005 04:50 PM

Somebody get Eddie Kennison's face on a milk carton, stat.

bugstud 10-16-2005 04:50 PM

thomas jones on bench because the word was benson starting last time I checked the lineup.

mmbt0ne 10-16-2005 04:51 PM

Deuce McAllister
Hines Ward
Najeh Davenport
TJ Duckett
Alge Crumpler

Those are 5 names who were on my football team last week. 2 of the played this week. One of them went down on his first play with an ankle injury.

Russ McGinley 10-16-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thomas jones on bench because the word was benson starting last time I checked the lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, I didn't even see that. Is Lovie Smith just toying with fantasy owners who have Jones? I like the Yahoo line:

[ QUOTE ]
Expect Cedric Benson to see some carries as well to keep Jones' workload down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Benson: 3 carries, 2 yards

10-16-2005 05:29 PM

brag: santana moss
picked up chris brown and antowain smith for some trade bait and both should look tempting in the coming week

bitch: vs. LT in both leagues...i do have brees/gates in both leagues though so that should neutralize his threat.
edit: just noticed dillon is not playing, crap

mblax10 10-16-2005 05:45 PM

I put Jones in on 2 teams at the last minute. NFL Gameday announced Jones would start this morning. I think it's time to cut your losses on Benson in non-keeper leagues. The few times he's carried, he's been very tenative. He can't pass protect at all the coaching staff has no confedience in him.

Today the Bears had the ball up 21-3 with 8 minutes left. Perfect chance for Benson to get some carries right? No, a less than 100% Jones carried the load and drove down for his 2nd score. If something was to happen to Jones, I can see Adrian Peterson seing the majority of the playing time.

Back to bragging, thank goodness for LT.

pudley4 10-16-2005 05:53 PM

Stupid ref

Bullshit call in the Denver game. There's no way you can overturn Anderson's TD - there's no clear angle that shows the ball wasn't in the endzone when his elbow hit.

lastchance 10-16-2005 05:54 PM

My recievers suck. Damn you Joe Horn, and Antonio Bryant.

Ah well, at least my opponents suck, and I have Chicago defense. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tworooks 10-16-2005 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bitch: vs. LT in both leagues...i do have brees/gates in both leagues though so that should neutralize his threat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, LT is taking Brees's passing touchdowns too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10-16-2005 05:56 PM

bitch: s. davis got nothing
brag: priest was priestly, and chicago D

eggzz 10-16-2005 06:09 PM

Re: Stupid ref

[ QUOTE ]
Bullshit call in the Denver game. There's no way you can overturn Anderson's TD - there's no clear angle that shows the ball wasn't in the endzone when his elbow hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

And BS too on Shanahan's next play call. First and goal from the half yard line, and you don't at least give Anderson the first shot to push it in after getting jobbed? You go play action roll out to some no name? What a jerkoff.

Oh and thanks for those four yards Bettis, I can really use em.

DonButtons 10-16-2005 07:30 PM

Damn
-Starting Ben Troupe over Jeremy Shockey
-Eli manning losing his mojo.

Oh yea
-Michael Pittman baby
-Atlanta Defense

Punker 10-16-2005 08:57 PM

Brag: I had read that it was gametime for Thomas Jones, and got up early and had to choose between Mewelde Moore and Jones. I watched all the pregame shows, saw him running, and went with Jones. Also laughing hard because a couple of weeks ago I traded Randy Moss for Marvin Harrison and others, and Moss is injured today. I've got my match this week wrapped up thanks to Palmer, Jones, Martin.

Bitch: Not much to complain about...Vinny scoring a 1 yd TD run instead of showing C-Mart more love I suppose. If I was the Jets, I wouldn't be running my 4th QB of the year in QB sneaks at the goal line, but whatever.

wonderwes 10-16-2005 09:43 PM

Time for a math problem. J Bettis + R. Moss + K. McCardell + Tony G = Point totals(.4 + 0 + 2 + 1.3) = 3.7 pts. My opponent's Larry Johnson = 5.5 pts. In conclusion. L. Johnson > 4 my starters.

I picked Tony Gonzales over Antonio Gates at the time. Now that, was a true bust.

lastchance 10-16-2005 11:50 PM

I need Edge to score 3+ TD's. That's not going to happen, is it?

Jack of Arcades 10-16-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Somebody get Eddie Kennison's face on a milk carton, stat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades 10-16-2005 11:57 PM

Brag: Curtis Martin, Rod Smith
Bitch: Eddie Kennison, opponent started Kelly Holcomb

MarkL444 10-17-2005 12:30 AM

[censored] shaun alexander

Jules22 10-17-2005 02:46 AM

good: steve smith, shockey
bad: corey dillon, randy moss

Black Aces 518 10-17-2005 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. My replacement was Kevin Jones. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Black Aces 518 10-17-2005 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh, agree. Anderson's elbow hits like 6 inches from the goal line, and the ball is clearly ahead of the elbow. I don't think you could have given him the TD if they ruled it short, but taking it away sucks. Obviously the announcer has to say "you'd think they'd give him his TD" for the next play, and I say (ff makes me talk to my TV a lot) "I think they're gonna run some stupid playaction crap for a TD" and they do.

AdamBragar 10-17-2005 02:13 PM

Players currently on my roster:

Moss, Ward, Bruce, A. Johnson

I dropped McCallister and Walker already due to season ending injuries.

Here's my predictions for players getting injured this season:

McNair, Collins, L. Coles, C. Martin, C. Portis, P. Holmes, A. Gates (that's the rest of my roster).

danvh 10-17-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] shaun alexander

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree

ucfryan 10-17-2005 02:34 PM

Bitch: Mostly my entire [censored] team. Jamal Lewis, Plaxico Burress, Kerry Collins, and Alge Crumpler, all of whom I expected to have good days didn't score. What a bunch of losers.

pryor15 10-17-2005 02:40 PM

i have 29 points heading into monday night and i'm probably gonna win. wtf?

oh, and 18 of them are from Steve Smith

CD56 10-17-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Players currently on my roster:

Moss, Ward, Bruce, A. Johnson

I dropped McCallister and Walker already due to season ending injuries.

Here's my predictions for players getting injured this season:

McNair, Collins, L. Coles, C. Martin, C. Portis, P. Holmes, A. Gates (that's the rest of my roster).

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you in a 4 team league?

AdamBragar 10-17-2005 06:04 PM

I'm in an 8 team league, and I'm 3-3. This team is really all smoke and mirrors. They all suck.