Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Go another bet? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358566)

Josh W 10-15-2005 11:10 PM

Go another bet?

30-60 on party....no notes, reads, stats, nothing.

I open raise in the hijack w/ KT. BUtton threebets, heads up.

Flop J93, two clubs. I got zero clubs in my hand. I check/call.

Turn Qc, giving me nutstraight, but putting flush on board.

I checkraise, he threebets, I cap, he calls.

River is offsuit Ace.

I bet, he raises. Threebet or call? I don't consider folding.

Thanks,

Josh

daryn 10-15-2005 11:11 PM

Re: Go another bet?

call if you like money

jayheaps 10-15-2005 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call if you like money

[/ QUOTE ]

10-16-2005 12:31 AM

You should not of capped the turn, and I dont like the turn checkraise on this board either, since you run the risk of being 3 bet by a better hand or inducing someone to fold a hand drawing close to dead. I would lead out the turn on this board instead of going for the checkraise.

Josh W 10-16-2005 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should not of capped the turn, and I dont like the turn checkraise on this board either, since you run the risk of being 3 bet by a better hand or inducing someone to fold a hand drawing close to dead. I would lead out the turn on this board instead of going for the checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

By leading out on the turn, I still face the prospect of making a hand that's drawing dead (or near-dead) fold. But by check raising, I at least get a big bet out of that situation. Leading out, I don't.

Josh

daryn 10-16-2005 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should not of capped the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly how can you type this out?

baronzeus 10-16-2005 12:57 AM

no idea. still thinking because im befuddled. after he raises the river all i can think about is AKcc.

10-16-2005 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me what Im missing? cuz this is how i see it. The hero checkraises the turn with his straight on this 3 flush board which shows alot of power, and then the villain 3 bets it, I do not see how capping here against an unknown can be a good idea, I think the hero will be shown AcKc or AcTc or Acxc too many times in this situation. What is your take on this, or for that matter anyone else, would everyone cap the turn here? if so then why?

10-16-2005 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By leading out on the turn, I still face the prospect of making a hand that's drawing dead (or near-dead) fold. But by check raising, I at least get a big bet out of that situation. Leading out, I don't.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point, but checking raising may cost you money if the villain folds when he wouldve called down if you bet out, but I see your point too.

daryn 10-16-2005 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me what Im missing? cuz this is how i see it. The hero checkraises the turn with his straight on this 3 flush board which shows alot of power, and then the villain 3 bets it, I do not see how capping here against an unknown can be a good idea, I think the hero will be shown AcKc or AcTc or Acxc too many times in this situation. What is your take on this, or for that matter anyone else, would everyone cap the turn here? if so then why?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, i was just talking about how you typed out "should not of "

10-16-2005 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha! hilarious! Yeah I dont think I'll be writting a poker book anytime soon. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mc1023 10-16-2005 03:32 AM

uh..

call

ike 10-16-2005 05:39 AM

of is a really good verb

ike 10-16-2005 05:43 AM

I consider folding. He's not bluffing you after you cap the turn and lead the river. And if he can't beat a straight, he knows he's not winning. Ya, I think I fold.

TaintedRogue 10-16-2005 05:58 AM

Your river play was awfully strong against a flush board. Are you sure you would get this much action from this player when he doesn't have the flush?

When I have the 2nd or 3rd nut hand, I want to extract as much as I can from my opponents, however, I do not want to be gambling with more of my money than they would, when they are in the same situation as I.
In other words, would your opponent cap it on the turn with any set, when the board makes a str8 & flush possible? If not, you definitely overplayed your hand.

TaintedRogue 10-16-2005 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know what type of person can insult someone so easily, without giving an explaination supporting their opinion.

TaintedRogue 10-16-2005 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2nd time I've laughed out loud since joining this group. Disregard my first response.

TaintedRogue 10-16-2005 06:08 AM

My above post refers to his turn play, not the river.

bugstud 10-16-2005 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I consider folding. He's not bluffing you after you cap the turn and lead the river. And if he can't beat a straight, he knows he's not winning. Ya, I think I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA/QQ/JJ aren't possible?

AceHigh 10-16-2005 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, I think I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is terrible. You don't have to be good very often to make calling correct.

AceHigh 10-16-2005 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet, he raises. Threebet or call? I don't consider folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call. If you raised in early position and he 3-bet you then I would 3-bet the river against most opponents, because you would only be worried about 1 hand - AcKc. Since you raised in steal position, he can 3-bet with a lot of Axs/Kxs hands here, and since you will always get 4-bet when he has the flush, you have to be good more often than 50% to 3-bet.

daryn 10-16-2005 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know what type of person can insult someone so easily, without giving an explaination supporting their opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean my opinion on this hand? i think it's so incredibly obvious that it's not worth elaborating upon.

veganmav 10-16-2005 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean my opinion on this hand? i think it's so incredibly obvious that it's not worth elaborating upon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he just mis-understood your grammar correction.

andyfox 10-16-2005 01:05 PM

Well, he might have pocket aces, queens, or jacks, but he might fold those if you 3-bet. Since you opened in last position, he might have Ac-xc or Kc-Tc or even another K-T. I think I just call.

BTW, I assume you meant you considered folding but rejected the idea.

Josh W 10-16-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and since you will always get 4-bet when he has the flush, you have to be good more often than 50% to 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to be good over 33.3% of the time with this logic.

Interestingly enough, if for some odd reason my (potential) river 3-bet was a cap (i.e. 3 bets = cap), then I would probably have 3bet.

But I just called. I guess that means I thought I was ahead less than 33% of the time, but more than 7%)

Josh

AffleckKGB 10-16-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
and since you will always get 4-bet when he has the flush, you have to be good more often than 50% to 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe using Bizarro logic.

AceHigh 10-16-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you have to be good > 66% of the time?

TStoneMBD 10-16-2005 08:06 PM

so you would have preferred he removed the word "of" from "You should not of capped the turn" to form the sentence "You should not capped the turn"?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

daryn 10-16-2005 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you would have preferred he removed the word "of" from "You should not of capped the turn" to form the sentence "You should not capped the turn"?

[/ QUOTE ]

baronzeus 10-16-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

anyhow, "should not of" is improper english. "should not have" is the proper english, which is abbreviated in speech sometimes as "should not've", causing the confusing.

TStoneMBD 10-16-2005 08:35 PM

of is easier to type tho, so fack have.