Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I believe I am the best poker player on 2+2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356852)

10-13-2005 01:27 PM

I believe I am the best poker player on 2+2

Im dead serious, and ready to prove it. What I would like to do, is set up a match between me and whoever challenges me, a one on one tourney at stars. It has to be at least the $100 one and I will go up to the $5,000.00 one. Im very serious, MicroBob, Sublime, Al Capone, whoever. I respect all of those guys and by me mentioning there name should prove so. But im ready to play ANYONE, serious replys only. I know I will get flamed, but lets do this. I will PM you my handle for stars. Anyone and everyone is welcome to watch. Side bets optional [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

pshabi 10-13-2005 01:33 PM

Re: I believe I am the best poker player on 2+2

Damn.

I like this guy. If it goes down, I'll take him in a sidebet.

Isura 10-13-2005 01:39 PM

If you want to prove you're the best, make it a freezeout cash game instead of tournament.

BIGRED 10-13-2005 01:40 PM

Let's get it on! How will we know if and when this happens.

kevstreet 10-13-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this guy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who doesn't?

"Ya know, I spend a long time on my hair and he hit it, he hit my hair.

- Tony Manaro

DaveKForty7 10-13-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to prove you're the best, make it a freezeout cash game instead of tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a stupid question but I don't care. What's the difference between a heads-up tournament/freeze-out cash game?

NiR 10-13-2005 01:43 PM

ill do it. 5k.

timprov 10-13-2005 01:43 PM

My choice of games? Are you willing to go elsewhere for games Stars doesn't spread?

10-13-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Probably a stupid question but I don't care. What's the difference between a heads-up tournament/freeze-out cash game?

[/ QUOTE ]

In tournaments the blinds escalate making the luck factor larger.

10-13-2005 01:44 PM

Cant have a freezout heads up on stars above .02-.04 And I only play on Stars. I think a tourney is better for this anyway. I will notify everyone a few days ahead of time and let them know the exact time of this match, so the sidebets can begin.

krimson 10-13-2005 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinds don't increase in a cash game.

jman220 10-13-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a series of tournaments rather than 1, like best 3 out of 5, actually you should do this with freezeouts too, short term variance rules any marginal skill advantages.

jman220 10-13-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im dead serious, and ready to prove it. What I would like to do, is set up a match between me and whoever challenges me, a one on one tourney at stars. It has to be at least the $100 one and I will go up to the $5,000.00 one. Im very serious, MicroBob, Sublime, Al Capone, whoever. I respect all of those guys and by me mentioning there name should prove so. But im ready to play ANYONE, serious replys only. I know I will get flamed, but lets do this. I will PM you my handle for stars. Anyone and everyone is welcome to watch. Side bets optional [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, the posters you've mentioned I believe are extremely good players on the 2+2 forum, but I'm pretty sure they aren't the top winners.

10-13-2005 01:51 PM

PEOPLE LISTEN TO ME... Seriously. I said I will go up to $5,000 heads up tourney. Thats some serious money. Take it or leave it. The min I will go is $100.00

Nicholasp27 10-13-2005 01:51 PM

obviously u are gonna have your daughter bet against you and then throw the match

AJo Go All In 10-13-2005 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MicroBob, Sublime, Al Capone, whoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

10-13-2005 01:53 PM

NL Texas Holdem only

timprov 10-13-2005 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NL Texas Holdem only

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're not even close to the best poker player on 2+2.

10-13-2005 01:56 PM

I have bookmarked this thread.

10-13-2005 01:57 PM

Tim why dont you put your damn money where your damn mouth is and we'll find out, or are you YELLOW?

kevstreet 10-13-2005 01:58 PM

Jordan B., is that you?

10-13-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NL Texas Holdem only

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're not even close to the best poker player on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally legit for him to limit the games he is willing to play. I want to see if any of the bigger NL players like Strassa will take this up.

cassette 10-13-2005 02:00 PM

This thread is hilarious.

timprov 10-13-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tim why dont you put your damn money where your damn mouth is and we'll find out, or are you YELLOW?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just suck at NLHE. I will quite happily kick the [censored] out of you at triple draw or razz if you like.

timprov 10-13-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Totally legit for him to limit the games he is willing to play. I want to see if any of the bigger NL players like Strassa will take this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't get to claim anything more than best NLHE player if he's unwilling to play anything else.

jman220 10-13-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't get to claim anything more than best NLHE player if he's unwilling to play anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually all he gets to claim is that he is the best no limit, heads up, sit and go tournament player, and thats of course assuming that he can beat one of our real pros in a long series of matches. One Sit and go tournament means nothing, Heads up is the highest variance of any form of poker.

10-13-2005 02:09 PM

Strassa? You serious? I said I want some competition. Great person and all, but im for real about this.

10-13-2005 02:12 PM

Again, make all the damn excuses you guys want to make your selves feel better. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH'S ARE

Paluka 10-13-2005 02:13 PM

Why don't you post this challenge in the NL forum.

10-13-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel Negreanu? Is your bankroll hurting that bad from those challenge matches?

10-13-2005 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to post the same thing. The best players aren't monitoring this forum looking for challenges.

jman220 10-13-2005 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to post the same thing. The best players aren't monitoring this forum looking for challenges.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cross-posted this to the no limit forum.

Homer 10-13-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MicroBob, Sublime, Al Capone, whoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

dick

BobboFitos 10-13-2005 02:25 PM

just got linked here, i'll play you 500 or 1k.

edit: I suggest a private tournament, too, that way no one else can enter the HU sng before I get a chance to. It can be password protected.

Plus, blinds go up 15mins rather then 10 mins, which works for me. Unfortunately the private tourney would have to be 500, but thats fine with me.

jman220 10-13-2005 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just got linked here, i'll play you 500 or 1k.

edit: I suggest a private tournament, too, that way no one else can enter the HU sng before I get a chance to. It can be password protected.

Plus, blinds go up 15mins rather then 10 mins, which works for me. Unfortunately the private tourney would have to be 500, but thats fine with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you let us know when you are doing this, I'm sure a bunch of us will want to watch (I'm home with the flu and have nothing better to do).

snowbank 10-13-2005 02:41 PM

I\'ll play you

Just caught this thread. I won't be able to play for $5K or anywhere near that. But I'll be glad to play you on the lower end of the range you said you'd be willing to play. I'll be out of town until probably Tuesday. How's Tuesday night?

BottlesOf 10-13-2005 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe I am the best poker player on 2+2

[/ QUOTE ]

How much money have you made playing poker? How much money would you have made if it weren't for all the fish sucking out on you?

silencio 10-13-2005 02:46 PM

I really don't have a clue who are the best NL players here, but after reading his blog I want to see you play ZeeJustin.

2+2 wannabe 10-13-2005 02:46 PM

hey! a thread without Dikshit!

PokerBob 10-13-2005 02:47 PM

Schneids get in here!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]