Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Who here has coached/been coached and describe your experience (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356292)

Adam22 10-12-2005 05:53 PM

Who here has coached/been coached and describe your experience

whenever i hear people mention being coached in online play i think it's odd just because i've moved up from .25/.50 to 10/20 over the past year and although i've studied dozens of books and spent many hours discussing poker on here i've never watched anyone else play online.

so basically i'm wondering which ones of you have been coached, how you went about it, what you offered as reimbursement etc etc. thanks.

sublime 10-12-2005 05:57 PM

Re: Who here has coached/been coached and describe your experience

my coach touched me in my secret spot.

Adam22 10-12-2005 06:06 PM

you should report that to the proper authorities.

SackUp 10-12-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should report that to the proper authorities.

[/ QUOTE ]

what sublime forgot to mention was that it was an under the table coach

lighterjobs 10-12-2005 08:27 PM

it took you a year?

my coach would kick your coach's ass in a cage fight.

Nicholasp27 10-12-2005 08:32 PM

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/ima...1092099760.jpg

we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter

Adam22 10-12-2005 09:43 PM

why can't i get some real answers instead of this pseudo-homosexual jargon fest.

10-12-2005 09:45 PM

cuz its the zoo?

Redd 10-12-2005 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why can't i get some real answers instead of this pseudo-homosexual jargon fest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, your avatar isn't helping.

AA suited 10-12-2005 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, your avatar isn't helping.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao ... hahahah

Templeton 10-12-2005 10:29 PM

FWIW, I'm pretty sure jasonHoldEm had a coach a couple of years ago or so.

Mike Haven 10-12-2005 10:57 PM

often when there are questions such as these posed in the forum there is an ulterior motive

perhaps if you told us honestly why you are asking such questions you will receive honest answers?

ewile 10-12-2005 11:04 PM

I'll chime in that I often think about getting a few hours of coaching but I've never followed through. I'm really curious to know that other peoples experiences have been like and is it worth it for a low limit (2/4, 3/6) player like myself.

10-12-2005 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll chime in that I often think about getting a few hours of coaching but I've never followed through. I'm really curious to know that other peoples experiences have been like and is it worth it for a low limit player like myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1, but add SnG after the word "limit"

The Don 10-12-2005 11:12 PM

NOBODY can respond seriously when you have that avatar.

scotty34 10-12-2005 11:15 PM

I am amused by some of the answers, but I'll offer a serious response. I never actually had a "coach", but one thing I have tried is myself and one other player at or close to my current limit exchanged 200 hand histories. We each took a while and reviewed the HH's, and made our comments on each other's play. I found it to be very beneficial both observing/commenting on his play, and listening to what he had to say about mine. It may not be as good as having a coach who is significantly above your skill level, but it was definetely informative nonetheless (and much cheaper [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

ewile 10-12-2005 11:36 PM

I'd add, that though I havn't done it in a long time, responding to hands in the SS forum was very instructional for me and I'd call it a different kind of coaching experience.

I really should try to get motivated to go back to doing that.

MrEngenic 10-13-2005 02:28 AM

Me and 2-3 other guys exchange hand histories for entire sessions every week. Typically 500 hands for each sessions which we review in PT playback filtered for seen flop, copy and paste the hands we find interesting and email the others. If we are unsure of some of the hands we send them to two 100/200 players who coach us. We also send them 2-3 hands for every session for feedback.
It takes a while to do all this, but it sure finds leaks faster than anything else I believe.
Downside, they get our rakeback.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pokeraddict 10-13-2005 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NOBODY can respond seriously when you have that avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam22 10-13-2005 03:44 AM

i don't have any weird motives, i'm not good enough to coach anyone but i'm probably too good to bother getting a coach ( i'd consider it but i'm busy as is ).

also i'm curious as to what you guys think is going on in my avatar and which one i am.... the actual story of what was going on is way weirder than what you probably think it was.

somapopper 10-13-2005 06:05 AM

um, since you're a poker player you're not the one who's clearly in awesome shape?

Way weirder? I think there is an upper boundry of wierdness that your avatar clearly indicates.

Adam22 10-13-2005 06:11 AM

hahaha yeah i'm the guy on the right, the "awesome shape" one is my room mate dietrech who you can learn more about here www.myspace.com/grandmaster_of_funk ... basically we had some black chicks over from harlem and they said we were boring so we stripped down.. he put a dress on pretty soon after that. they were touching our dicks and [censored] and taking pictures with their camera phones. this only happened because they were with our other room mate, this asian kid mike.. he was having sex with their friend in his room. so then the two black chicks who were not having sex left and me and dietrech managed to get a full on gangbang going with the girl that our asian room mate banged earlier in the night. she was gross, she said "i dunno, i forgot to shave" but she had like 3 months worth of nappy gross hair down there.

that's about it.

true story: i once gangbanged a girl with my room mates while playing 3 hands of 5/10 ( i kept walking away from her and folding or whatever ) and we met the girl off of craigs list. she easily weighed 280 pounds.

night!!

Adam22 10-13-2005 06:14 AM

oh and... you'll see a link to what looks like my profile on his myspace but that one doesn't work anymore, this is my current one which he refuses to add out of some weird protest www.myspace.com/xadam22

Gorgonian 10-13-2005 09:50 AM

That's it. I'm out.

MaxPowerPoker 10-13-2005 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my coach touched me in my secret spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's doing it right.

winchips 10-13-2005 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't have any weird motives, i'm not good enough to coach anyone but i'm probably too good to bother getting a coach ( i'd consider it but i'm busy as is ).

also i'm curious as to what you guys think is going on in my avatar and which one i am.... the actual story of what was going on is way weirder than what you probably think it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt it

bookie socks 10-13-2005 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha yeah i'm the guy on the right, the "awesome shape" one is my room mate dietrech who you can learn more about here www.myspace.com/grandmaster_of_funk ... basically we had some black chicks over from harlem and they said we were boring so we stripped down.. he put a dress on pretty soon after that. they were touching our dicks and [censored] and taking pictures with their camera phones. this only happened because they were with our other room mate, this asian kid mike.. he was having sex with their friend in his room. so then the two black chicks who were not having sex left and me and dietrech managed to get a full on gangbang going with the girl that our asian room mate banged earlier in the night. she was gross, she said "i dunno, i forgot to shave" but she had like 3 months worth of nappy gross hair down there.

that's about it.

true story: i once gangbanged a girl with my room mates while playing 3 hands of 5/10 ( i kept walking away from her and folding or whatever ) and we met the girl off of craigs list. she easily weighed 280 pounds.

night!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. So why not have a picture of the chicks in their underwear?

10-13-2005 11:13 AM

After reading this thread, I had an image of sucking mayonnaise through a brillo pad and I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Adam22 10-13-2005 01:14 PM

they weren't in their underwear. consider yourself lucky that there's no picture of the chick we gangbanged.

joeski19 10-13-2005 01:41 PM

I feel gay just from reading this thread.

10-13-2005 01:48 PM

I think someone in this thread needs to move up in limits in order to fund what will certainly become a life-long penicillin habit! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]