Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Whatd the dude say to piss off Jennifer Harmon? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355630)

krazyace5 10-11-2005 08:19 PM

Whatd the dude say to piss off Jennifer Harmon?

I missed it.

Russ McGinley 10-11-2005 08:21 PM

Re: Whatd the dude say to piss off Jennifer Harmon?

I believe she bet enough to put him all-in and he sat there and said "I guess I get to go see blah blah blah" and then he called and turned his hand over.

Dynasty 10-11-2005 08:21 PM

He tried to entice a Harman call on the river by saying something like "Well, I guess if I lose this hand, I can go home early". Then, he pushed all-in.

Harman's overreacting.

10-11-2005 08:21 PM

He laughed and said very proudly that "It really takes a strong hand to beat you".

what a dick. I think I would be apologizing profusely if I ever did that.

or on second thought, I would fold the turn.

ClaytonN 10-11-2005 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He tried to entice a Harman call on the river by saying something like "Well, I guess if I lose this hand, I can go home early". Then, he pushed all-in.

Harman's overreacting.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC he called all-in. I dont think Harman put any more chips in the pot after the guy said all in.

krazyace5 10-11-2005 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He laughed and said very proudly that "It really takes a strong hand to beat you".

what a dick. I think I would be apologizing profusely if I ever did that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was a compliment. But then again I am not paying very much attention.

10-11-2005 08:23 PM

She bet enough to put him all in so he was just slow rolling his straight flush.

Exitonly 10-11-2005 08:23 PM

she put him all in, he had the nuts, and he acted for like 3 secconds as if he had a tough deccision.

It was dick of him, but she definitely over-reacted.

Dynasty 10-11-2005 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She bet enough to put him all in so he was just slow rolling his straight flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Harman did indeed bet enough to put him all-in, then I'd usually think the slow roll (which it would be) is a dick move.

But, in high stakes games and $10,000 buy-in tournaments, I think the rules are different. Using the occassional tactic to tilt your opponents is okay with me.

Exitonly 10-11-2005 08:27 PM

No one ever said that being a dick wasn't +EV.

10-11-2005 08:29 PM

I dont think its overreacting, no matter how slight a beat I receive to knock me out of my first WSOP, Im gonna be pissed.

I officially vote Harmon as a total hottie, specially when she's pouting.

but god, if looks could kill.

KowCiller 10-11-2005 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta check behind on that turn, absolutely gotta do it. His bet was really bad there IMO.

KoW

Russ McGinley 10-11-2005 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be careful though, you may end up creating a bunch of fake internet poker message board accounts in the desperate hopes of defending yourself against an onslaught of negative reactions.

http://mc.clintock.com/first_floor/b..._Shoulders.jpg

KowCiller 10-11-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be careful though, you may end up creating a bunch of fake internet poker message board accounts in the desperate hopes of defending yourself against an onslaught of negative reactions.

http://mc.clintock.com/first_floor/b..._Shoulders.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

MicroBob 10-11-2005 08:31 PM

On top of that...you're a bit nervous to be at the featured table...you want to perhaps MAKE SURE that you have the nuts before you call (you don't want to pull a Joe Seebok and remember incorrectly which cards you have).

(I didn't see the hand though....was on the phone telling my GF that I was just on national TV looking like a total dork).

Bigdaddytvo was in the bleachers when that hand happened (and called me at my table during the break to tell me about it) and Harman was Big-Time steaming over having just lost most of her chips.
Whether that guy was a dick or not...I think Harman was determined to be REALLY pissed-off about an awful beat at almost the very beginning of the biggest poker tournament ever.

Exitonly 10-11-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I officially vote Harmon as a total hottie, specially when she's pouting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just telling my friend the exact opposite, she looked really bad, , wrinkly and sun damaged. Plus her attitude was a turn off.

Dynasty 10-11-2005 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta check behind on that turn, absolutely gotta do it. His bet was really bad there IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had the bottom end of the straight. You really want to give free cards to AQ, KQ, and othe Ace and King hands?

MicroBob 10-11-2005 08:33 PM

I have to be with exitonly on this one.

Harman at whichever WPT final-table where she was a bit dolled-up and showing some cleavage = Hot

Harman at the 2005 WSOP featured table = Not

Exitonly 10-11-2005 08:34 PM

yea he's gotta bet, butit was such a tiny bet (1k into like 5k) and then her raise was small too... it was wierd turn action...
but, his hand wasn't nearly as good as he was acting... so manyn hands have him killed there.

KowCiller 10-11-2005 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had the bottom end of the straight. You really want to give free cards to AQ, KQ, and othe Ace and King hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, especially since the diamonds are dead for harman, assuming you're the one that's ahead.

If you're going to bet then I think you need to muck to the CR.

AK, QQ, JJ, TT has you behind, KQ unlikely given EP raise early in the event, AQ possible yes, but at least the diamonds are dead for her draw.

Better to control the size of the pot in this situation IMO.

Edit: didn't address AA or KK, which are drawing to 7 outs, which are all pretty easily recognizable so not much in the way of reverse implied odds there)

KoW

ActionBob 10-11-2005 08:38 PM

Well it was pretty stupid of her to lose all those chips with top full when she said she "Knew he had that hand".

-ActionBob

10-11-2005 08:40 PM

She just looked really bad, even at the circuit event she was at, it looks like she has a lot of extra skin on her face that just drups down. I don't know maybe just me?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Kevmath 10-11-2005 08:41 PM

It's unfair to compare the two looks. At the WPT final table, she knew she would be on TV for an extended period of time. On the first day of the WSOP ME, she's maybe dressing more for comfort and not expecting to be at a featured table.

Sponger15SB 10-11-2005 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She just looked really bad, even at the circuit event she was at, it looks like she has a lot of extra skin on her face that just drups down. I don't know maybe just me?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

She aged about 10 years after that hand happened.

MicroBob 10-11-2005 08:47 PM

As ActionBob pointed out...she didn't look that great at the WSOP circuit event final-table either.
And she certainly knew she was going to be on TV for that one.

There's that whole bit about her having surgery and all that.

I worked for a guy who had only one kidney (and had to have it replaced every 7-8 years) and he was ALWAYS tired and that's kind of how Harman looks too.
Droopy faced and tired.

Obviously the comparison isn't terribly fair.
Just pointing out the obvious...she can look REALLY good with make-up...and looks pretty lousy without.

10-11-2005 08:52 PM

Yes true about the surgery, still like you said bob she knew she would be on tv...but oh well, how about her hanging up on her BF.

The old guy getting the penalty.

BOB congrats on your National TV appearence.

10-11-2005 08:58 PM

Did he think four of a kind beat a straight flush? I don't think he knew he had the nuts.

G

Exitonly 10-11-2005 09:00 PM

he's a pro, he knows the hand ranks

TimTimSalabim 10-11-2005 09:08 PM

Soliciting applause after the hand was over was what really sealed his dick-itude.

I don't think Jen reacted badly at all. Imagine if it had happened to Hellmuth.

Exitonly 10-11-2005 09:08 PM

No way, there should be applause for a top boat vs striaght flush, thats a crazy hand.

TimTimSalabim 10-11-2005 09:41 PM

Soliciting applause isn't bad by itself, but doing it after you hit your one-outer, then give a speech about how you might lose if you call, then slow-roll it, is pretty crappy behavior in my book.

Ghazban 10-11-2005 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Soliciting applause isn't bad by itself, but doing it after you hit your one-outer, then give a speech about how you might lose if you call, then slow-roll it, is pretty crappy behavior in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. She was already all-in, there's no reason at all to be an ass talking about how you might lose when you're holding the stone freaking nuts. If there was still money to be bet, that'd be a different story.

TheMainEvent 10-11-2005 10:01 PM

I love the Jennifer Harmon threads.

"He definately should have checked his straight on the turn."

"Yeah, totally...and she needs to wear a lot less mascara."

Some things never change.

MicroBob 10-11-2005 10:21 PM

If it helps any...I've made comments before about Ivey's basketball jerseys, Marcel's upside-down shades, how tired Greenstein looks, Sexton's hair, VVP's hair, Freguson's hair and hat and beard, etc etc.

TheMainEvent 10-11-2005 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it helps any...I've made comments before about Ivey's basketball jerseys, Marcel's upside-down shades, how tired Greenstein looks, Sexton's hair, VVP's hair, Freguson's hair and hat and beard, etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough...but the threads about male players don't turn into that as quickly or as inevitably as these do.

lighterjobs 10-11-2005 10:35 PM

I think paul phillips wrote in his blog about this when it happened and he made it sound a lot worse than it actually was. I'll see if I can find the journal entry.

UATrewqaz 10-11-2005 11:14 PM

If a "big time cash player" like Jen Harmen can't take a mild slow roll comment then boo f'ing hoo.

This guy is a donk, he has no chance of winning the tourney, and he just caught a miracle card to all but bust a big name pro, it was his one moment of glory and he handled fine.

If she's gonna get all huffy about it she isn't as big time as she thinks she is, maybe she was just on her period.

I love the fact she got greased early, she has way too many fan boys simply because she's a she.

* Disclaimer: I am well aware Jen Harmen is an excellent player and would empty my pockets, this does not change the fact she has alot of mindless fan boys.

10-11-2005 11:16 PM

The guy that made the hand made a final table last year, I'll have to go back and check the DVR and see which one it was, but he made a final last year and finished high in it I think. But I know he made a final table

Kevmath 10-11-2005 11:19 PM

Cory Zeidman's stats.

10-11-2005 11:21 PM

Thank you Kev