Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hmmmm...I wonder why I'm in a 70k hand breakeven stretch (NC)... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355476)

___1___ 10-11-2005 04:56 PM

Hmmmm...I wonder why I\'m in a 70k hand breakeven stretch (NC)...

This is today's session. Actually it's the same session I have every other day. Over and over and over. And, hey, I was playing pretty well. I'm not sure I believe this ridiculousness will ever end. Ok, no more self-loathing. Time to get ready for my next session [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]...

http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/5269/joke4uh.png

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6180/joke33bk.png

http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/8979/joke17gt.png

billyjex 10-11-2005 04:58 PM

Re: Hmmmm...I wonder why I\'m in a 70k hand breakeven stretch (NC)...

i just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

losing 4 out of 7 showdowns with full houses is not fun.

___1___ 10-11-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
losing 4 out of 7 showdowns with full houses is not fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Three of the showdowns I lost with full houses were within 5 hands...

___1___

stigmata 10-11-2005 05:17 PM

I can totally empathise, if that's any consilation. I'm at 40k breakeven hands, I think I should be out of it this month, with any luck....

Apart from the massive downswing every other day, it's the complete drought of upswings which is equally depressing [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

cartman 10-11-2005 05:22 PM

Variance is truly amazing and unfortunately we are never "due" to snap out of a downswing. Although it is very unlikely, there is no rule that says we can't continue to run bad as your experience indicates. After you had about a 35K hand breakeven stretch, who could ever have imagined that you would follow it immediately with another one. I hope you run at about 10BB/100 for the next 70K.

Cartman

MAxx 10-11-2005 05:31 PM

just imagine if this was your first 70k hands... would you have continued?

___1___ 10-11-2005 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a chance...

rory 10-11-2005 05:34 PM

You Won$@SD is too low-- you should try to win more at the showdown.

___1___ 10-11-2005 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You Won$@SD is too low-- you should try to win more at the showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic advice! I can't believe I didn't think of that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

___1___

rory 10-11-2005 05:38 PM

Weren't ou the guy arguing that it is impossible to win more than XBB/100 if you don't play >25% of your hands or something like that?

MrBig30 10-11-2005 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, no more self-loathing. Time to get ready for my next session [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is time to take a couple of days off doing something completely different?
I know that when I had my worst breakeven period (40K) I thought I was playing fine, but looking back I dont think I was playing my best game at all times...

___1___ 10-11-2005 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weren't ou the guy arguing that it is impossible to win more than XBB/100 if you don't play >25% of your hands or something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

4 tabling, yes I believe I said something to that affect...

___1___

___1___ 10-11-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it is time to take a couple of days off doing something completely different?
I know that when I had my worst breakeven period (40K) I thought I was playing fine, but looking back I dont think I was playing my best game at all times...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, done that a couple times during this stretch...

sweetjazz 10-11-2005 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

During my best 40K hand stretch, I wasn't playing my best game at all times. While it's important to always be on guard for suboptimal play that has worked its way into our games, sometimes variance is just variance. It is painful to go through, but it doesn't necessarily mean that we are playing worse than we usually do.

rory 10-11-2005 05:47 PM

Just wondering-- is the 23 VPIP just cause you were getting crappy cards as well? Have you tightened up since running bad? Maybe your postflop and preflop game have sort of fallen out of sync? Obviously you ran bad for these 1.5k hands, but what about the last 65k or so, you know what I mean?

D.H. 10-11-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Variance is truly amazing and unfortunately we are never "due" to snap out of a downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's just pessimistic. The way I see it we are always due to snap out of a downswing.

___1___ 10-11-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering-- is the 23 VPIP just cause you were getting crappy cards as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm usually about 25.5

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe your postflop and preflop game have sort of fallen out of sync? Obviously you ran bad for these 1.5k hands, but what about the last 65k or so, you know what I mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't think so. If someone else had a stretch like this I would immediatly think they are just tilting a ton, but I can assure you thats not the case.

waffle 10-11-2005 05:54 PM

At least there will always be rakeb- oh.

Surfbullet 10-11-2005 05:54 PM

C'mon ___1___, you can get through this. Stop letting L/TAGs suck out on you with 77 vs KK, and you'll be fine [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I know how you feel bro. The long run is loooooong. Gotta keep at it.

Maxx...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my first 70k. Except it was a 400BB straight down, then slow crawl back up.

Surf

stigmata 10-11-2005 05:55 PM

Total and utter respect for hanging in there.

rory 10-11-2005 06:04 PM

k-- you know your game best obviously. just checking up.

MrBig30 10-11-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

During my best 40K hand stretch, I wasn't playing my best game at all times. While it's important to always be on guard for suboptimal play that has worked its way into our games, sometimes variance is just variance. It is painful to go through, but it doesn't necessarily mean that we are playing worse than we usually do.

[/ QUOTE ]

True of course. I just meant that a long bad run can really mess with your head in different ways, even if you think you are playing the same as always. And 70K is really long to be JUST variance. Not saying it isnt, but still...

___1___ 10-11-2005 06:25 PM

Well, regardless of whether I think I'm playing well or not, another opinion is probably a good idea.

Can anyone PM me with recommendations for a coach?

Thanks,
___1___

10-11-2005 06:32 PM

i just recently hit a downswing of (10)BB/100 in the past 1.5k hands i know its nothing compared to you but i was wondering losing at 10bb/100 is that a downswing or am i just 95% retarded and if some1 can PM me a good coach for 3-6 or 5-10 id love it.

ps: sorry to semi hi jack your thread

arkady 10-11-2005 07:02 PM

I'll do it Jay. But you have to stop this 4 tabling BS.

___1___ 10-11-2005 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll do it Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool.

[ QUOTE ]
But you have to stop this 4 tabling BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding...right?

___1___

ArturiusX 10-11-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just recently hit a downswing of (10)BB/100 in the past 1.5k hands i know its nothing compared to you but i was wondering losing at 10bb/100 is that a downswing or am i just 95% retarded and if some1 can PM me a good coach for 3-6 or 5-10 id love it.

ps: sorry to semi hi jack your thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Full stops and commas are your friend.

10-11-2005 08:17 PM

pshh commas suck

Subfallen 10-11-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you have to stop this 4 tabling BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you think.

arkady 10-11-2005 08:35 PM

I really would not mind to break my own rule and coach a good buddy, but you will definitely have to suspend 4 tabling for the moment.

Given the lack of rakeback at the moment, shouldnt be too much to ask! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gila 10-11-2005 08:52 PM

I am pushing 50,000 hand break even streak. I played today for the first time in over two weeks. Same old. I went about an hour w/o winning a hand (4 tables) and lost to numerous two-outers, and could not hit a flush to save me, and blah blah blah. Jesus, when does it end. Here's to a turn-around for you, me, and anyone else suffering through a long extended streak treading water.

bugstud 10-11-2005 08:52 PM

if by quit this 4 tabling business, you mean 6 tabling, I would agree.