Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ****THE Official ALCS CHISOX vs. LAA Thread**** (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354947)

johnnybeef 10-10-2005 11:46 PM

****THE Official ALCS CHISOX vs. LAA Thread****

Chisox in 5 is my prediction.

2+2 wannabe 10-10-2005 11:47 PM

Re: ****THE Official ALCS CHISOX vs. LAA Thread****

I say ChiSox in 6

lastchance 10-10-2005 11:48 PM

LAA's tired, Chicago has everything set up, Chicago at 50-60%?

10-10-2005 11:49 PM

It's gonna go 6 or 7 games. This is the Angels, with an actual big-league manager, not Terry Francona and that AA-ball team.

johnnybeef 10-10-2005 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LAA's tired, Chicago has everything set up, Chicago at 50-60%?

[/ QUOTE ]

not only are they tired, but their best pitcher is hurt. plus chicago is just too damn good this year. they should give st. louis a real run for their money in the ws this year.

lastchance 10-10-2005 11:50 PM

Oh yeah, forgot Colon got hurt today. Ok, CWS at 60-65%.

pokerdirty 10-10-2005 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this prediction, but i wouldn't be surprised if chicago got the sweep. Their offense manhandled the bosox, and their pitching was clutch. The Angels have no starting pitching left, and the pen has got to be tired.

JayLear 10-10-2005 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this prediction, but i wouldn't be surprised if chicago got the sweep. Their offense manhandled the bosox, and their pitching was clutch. The Angels have no starting pitching left, and the pen has got to be tired.

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, I hope you're right. I've been a Sox fan all my life. I'd give anything to get to see them in the Series.

johnnybeef 10-11-2005 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, I hope you're right. I've been a Sox fan all my life. I'd give anything to get to see them in the Series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the second to last series, I have seen them man handle the tribe (a team who man handled just about everyone else) all year long. They're legit. I think I give the edge in the series to the cardinals though. Experience is huge.

lastchance 10-11-2005 12:08 AM

The Angels need to reach back in their bag of tricks and find something special, or else CWS wins this series. It's possible, but CWS is a clear favorite considering the Angels need to use a weakened 4th pitcher, instead of their very good top 4 of Washburn, Byrd, Colon, and Lackey, plus the CWS can really hammer a weakened Angels bullpen.

Matt Williams 10-11-2005 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, Chicago has a good team. Enjoy your week win or lose. I am a Yankee fan, so I know what it's like. Just be prepared for sleepless nights and double guessing managers!

Dominic 10-11-2005 12:54 AM

Season series:

Angels 6
White Sox 4

No starting pitching? We don't know if Colon will pitch again this year,true...but Washburn will more than likely be ready for his next start...Escobar was the Angels #2 starter before getting hurt - but now he's healthy,and in the bullpen...but he's naturally available to start. Santana has been filling in for Escobar ever since Escobar was hurt and he has been putting up more-than respectable numbers. Both Shields and Gregg have have started games in the past, and the Angels will no doubt add 2 morepitchers to their playoff roster tomorrow. I think reports of the Angeles starting pitchers' demise are unwarranted.

As for the bullpen, Donnelly and Gregg haven't pitched much, Shields has a well-known rubber arm, and K-Rod excels in the post-season. Why would they be tired?

JayLear 10-11-2005 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Escobar was the Angels #2 starter before getting hurt - but now he's healthy,and in the bullpen...but he's naturally available to start.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this coming from the Angels, or speculation on your part? Escobar has been pitching strictly out of the pen since coming off the DL. I'd be surprised if they felt his arm was stretched out enough to start.

Dominic 10-11-2005 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Escobar was the Angels #2 starter before getting hurt - but now he's healthy,and in the bullpen...but he's naturally available to start.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this coming from the Angels, or speculation on your part? Escobar has been pitching strictly out of the pen since coming off the DL. I'd be surprised if they felt his arm was stretched out enough to start.

[/ QUOTE ]

With Colon's status unknown,it would not be surprising to see Escobarstart a game, if needed.

B00T 10-11-2005 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
plus the CWS can really hammer a weakened Angels bullpen

[/ QUOTE ]

A weakend Angels bullpen will give them just an average bullpen as their bullpen is usually leaps and bounds above most other teams'.

You heard this here first:::

<font color="red">The Angels will steal one game in this series by Scioscia just flat out owning Guillen in the manager's chess match.

Another bold prediction possibly coinciding with the above is Guillen will pull a Grady Little in this series and cost them a trip to the WS. </font>

scott8 10-11-2005 02:14 AM

Lackey owns the Sox and will pitch 2 games.

Jorge10 10-11-2005 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another bold prediction possibly coinciding with the above is Guillen will pull a Grady Little in this series and cost them a trip to the WS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except his press conference wont be him trying to make excuses, it will go something like this.

Press: Why didnt you take out (insert pitcher)?
Guillien: [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] (insert pitcher) [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored].

That will be it, and it will be one hell of a sound bite.

LoaferGee12 10-11-2005 02:45 AM

I'm still confused why people think the Angels bullpen is superior to the WSox.
Just going by our top 4 guys

Cotts: 1.94
Politte: 2.00
Hermanson: 2.04
Jenks: 2.75

We also have added El Duque who looks to be superior comin out of the pen.

Angels bullpen as far as i know it:

Rodriguez: 2.67
Shields: 2.75
Escobar: 3.00
Donnelly: 3.72

Am I missing something here?

lastsamurai 10-11-2005 03:12 AM

BEFORE YOU PUT IN YOUR BETS.

I heard on the angels radio that colon might not even be on the roster tomorrow. They will post the roster 10 AM PST

LoaferGee12 10-11-2005 03:16 AM

Re: BEFORE YOU PUT IN YOUR BETS.

[ QUOTE ]
I heard on the angels radio that colon might not even be on the roster tomorrow. They will post the roster 10 AM PST

[/ QUOTE ]

And my day gets better.

B00T 10-11-2005 03:38 AM

I wasnt comparing the Angels bullpen to the Sox bullpen. I simply stated a weakened Angels bullpen is better than most teams bullpen when in 100% tip top shape. If you want to say the same for the ChiSox feel free. I honestly dont know enough about Chicago to make any accurate statements regarding them.

LoaferGee12 10-11-2005 03:57 AM

Ah, that post wasn't actually directed at you. Just to people in general. I hear a lot of "The Angels have best bullpen in AL if not MLB" and i get confused [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

10-11-2005 11:03 AM

The White Sox will win because my friend plays for them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

johnnybeef 10-11-2005 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt comparing the Angels bullpen to the Sox bullpen. I simply stated a weakened Angels bullpen is better than most teams bullpen when in 100% tip top shape. If you want to say the same for the ChiSox feel free. I honestly dont know enough about Chicago to make any accurate statements regarding them.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have the second best bullpen in the AL (besides the tribes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])

Dominic 10-11-2005 12:03 PM

ERA is all well and good, but that stat in the bullpen is comparable to yards gained in the NFL...nice stat, but what really matters is points scored, right?

With baseball and bullpens, it's saves and holds.

JayLear 10-11-2005 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ERA is all well and good, but that stat in the bullpen is comparable to yards gained in the NFL...nice stat, but what really matters is points scored, right?

With baseball and bullpens, it's saves and holds.

[/ QUOTE ]
In baseball ERA = points scored.

10-11-2005 08:16 PM

Wow, FOX is going out of their way to try to embarass this historic organization.

I hate this crap. Why do they have to embarass organizations for their past actions?

mrbaseball 10-11-2005 08:35 PM

Pinella is brutal!

Jorge10 10-11-2005 08:49 PM

If the white sox lose the first game, they should be extremely depressed. I mean the angels are tired and the white sox are at home and rested, if they dont beat them now, its over, they should just give it up.

sublime 10-11-2005 08:53 PM

this announcing trio has to be the worst EVER.

Jorge10 10-11-2005 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pinnella rarely talks and when he does, he states stuff so obvious it makes Joe Buck seem like the smartest man alive.

sublime 10-11-2005 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pinnella rarely talks and when he does, he states stuff so obvious it makes Joe Buck seem like the smartest man alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

he likes AJ P because he has caught winners.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOL

[censored] 10-11-2005 09:19 PM

It has to be some what sickening for you Redsox fans to watch Cabrera do his thing. That guy can play.

sublime 10-11-2005 09:19 PM

and now ozzie chimes in to add to the cuckoo nest.

imported_CaseClosed326 10-11-2005 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about baseball, but this is very hard to listen to.

Dynasty 10-11-2005 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has to be some what sickening for you Redsox fans to watch Cabrera do his thing. That guy can play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprisingly okay with the Red Sox season. The 2004 World Series win has created a shield which protects me, as a Red Sox fan, from dissapointment. I expect this shield to last many, many years. The shield has been reinforced by the Yankees loss.

I suggest others not try to introduce Yankees/Red Sox topics into the ALCS thread.

10-11-2005 09:48 PM

Well it appears as though they had to bring in an East-coaster to qualify this telecast. Lou was available and so they hurried up and bought him a suit, gave him a comb, and let him join them.

He's certainly no announcer but it was nice seeing him call that stolen base earlier.

If this is brutal to listen to it's because these guys don't appreciate good baseball. They aren't excited because no NYY/BOS. They think that is real baseball. I say the 4 best, and most well-rounded teams are the 4 that are left.

Good game so far, though. Don't know why Crede didn't get the sure out at first earlier though. This game would be tied. And those guys are idiots to suggest that Jose should have come home with that ball on 1st and 3rd 1 out with Vlad running to first. He made a good play but Iguchi sailed the throw.

Anyway this should remain close for the duration.

Dynasty 10-11-2005 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well it appears as though they had to bring in an East-coaster to qualify this telecast. Lou was available and so they hurried up and bought him a suit, gave him a comb, and let him join them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lou was signed to do the ALCS before the playoffs began.

[ QUOTE ]
If this is brutal to listen to it's because these guys don't appreciate good baseball. They aren't excited because no NYY/BOS. They think that is real baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like you've got an inferiority complex.

10-11-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lou was signed to do the ALCS before the playoffs began.

[ QUOTE ]
If this is brutal to listen to it's because these guys don't appreciate good baseball. They aren't excited because no NYY/BOS. They think that is real baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like you've got an inferiority complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. The Yankees and Red Sox are far superior to any other team. I'm not worthy of being a fan of theirs.

Dynasty 10-11-2005 10:13 PM

Kennedy owes Cabrera a dinner for that bad throw at second.

Pierzynski owes and explanation to White Sox fans for why he just got caught stealing. A.J. stole 0 bases in 2005, 0 in 2004, and just 6 in his career before that.