Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Most wanted PartyMine feature? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354843)

Prod1gy 10-10-2005 08:50 PM

Most wanted PartyMine feature?

What PartyMine feature would you most like to see?

Tk79 10-10-2005 09:09 PM

Re: Most wanted PartyMine feature?

Distributed Mining across multiple XP accounts would allow you to mine every table if you really wanted to right? You could have 30 XP accounts if you really wanted to take it that far couldnt you?

TMFS9 10-10-2005 09:27 PM

The most important feature I would like to see isn't on the list. It would be to have a maximum amount of people at the table, I.E. datamine all of the 20/40 tables with 6 or less players. But if that's not an option it would be distributed mining across multiple xp accounts.

Prod1gy 10-10-2005 11:41 PM

So basically set a range? Right now I have the minimum players for PartyMine to open a new table and start mining.

You are saying make it so you could set a minimum of 3 and a max of 6?

tizim 10-10-2005 11:55 PM

Can you explain what the Buddy Tracker feature would do?

Prod1gy 10-11-2005 12:03 AM

Basically would combine your buddy lists from all skins that you mine and notify you when a buddy is on a table being mined.

I was thinking of also making it so you could auto join a wait list, I need to do more research on all of this to make sure that its not in violation of PP's T&C. I don't want to add some feature that will result in them shutting the whole thing down.

TMFS9 10-11-2005 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that would be wonderful.

SippinSoma 10-11-2005 01:43 AM

SNG support is losing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

sthief09 10-11-2005 04:06 AM

Buddy Tracker- this would be amazing and would give you reason to charge double for a copy with that feature

SNG Mining Support- I don't play them but not being selfish for a moment, this will probably get you more new purchases

Distributed Mining across multiple XP account- are you sure it doesn't do this? I think it does it for me. the tables from the other accounts show up on my list

sthief09 10-11-2005 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically set a range? Right now I have the minimum players for PartyMine to open a new table and start mining.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I'd love to see that too, and I'd imagine it's fairly simple

sthief09 10-11-2005 04:08 AM

a simple one

someone suggested it already, but to make sure it's in this thread here goes:

since party now allows 10 tables, I'd like to sometimes be able to split it up instead of having to choose between 10 or 0

sthief09 10-11-2005 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically would combine your buddy lists from all skins that you mine and notify you when a buddy is on a table being mined.

I was thinking of also making it so you could auto join a wait list, I need to do more research on all of this to make sure that its not in violation of PP's T&C. I don't want to add some feature that will result in them shutting the whole thing down.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a good point, but do we know for a fact that party is ok with partymine? it's possible they just aren't detecting it right? maybe disguise your question to them and ask if you can create a program where, when you open up 10 tables, it tells you if any of your buddies are on. that's basically what it's doing

that said, I don't think the buddy tracker would be against the T&C.

sthief09 10-11-2005 05:24 AM

Re: a simple one

and another that's maybe more complicated

a backup limit. for example, right now I have two party accounts mining 10 tables of 30/60 each. but there are only 12 tables going so I still have 8 tables available. it would be nice if as a backup it would start mining 20/40

tizim 10-11-2005 05:51 AM

Buddy Tracker doesn't seem that useful to me. What advantages would it provide over simply searching for my buddies? It may be quicker for $30/60, where you can open all 10 or so tables at once to check if any buddies are online, but at $10/20 short, where there are many more tables to check, the search feature would be much more efficient IMO.

Am I missing something?

sthief09 10-11-2005 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Buddy Tracker doesn't seem that useful to me. What advantages would it provide over simply searching for my buddies? It may be quicker for $30/60, where you can open all 10 or so tables at once to check if any buddies are online, but at $10/20 short, where there are many more tables to check, the search feature would be much more efficient IMO.

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of my buddies figured out how to block themselves from search. also, I don't have time to search while I'm playing. this feature would give me a popup whenever a buddy came on if I'm mining that table.

tizim 10-11-2005 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a lot of my buddies figured out how to block themselves from search.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, good point.

[ QUOTE ]
also, I don't have time to search while I'm playing. this feature would give me a popup whenever a buddy came on if I'm mining that table.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're mining on Party while you're playing, I assume you're doing so on a different Windows user account. If you're mining on a different Windows account, will PartyMine still notify you about the buddy?

sthief09 10-11-2005 11:30 AM

yeah good point. there are 2 options I guess. if you play 4 tables you can leave 6 others open. what I would do if the option was available is use my old computer that I use to datamine and mine for 10 tables. I would've worked better in the past though when I could run 5 skins at once.

sthief09 10-11-2005 11:32 AM

distributed mining across xp accounts...

is definitely working for me right now, though it seems only across 2 accounts even though I'm running 4. but the two that are sharing the same limit are definitely working, because one account only has 6 tables open since tehre are 16 total open now

MarkD 10-11-2005 12:03 PM

Re: distributed mining across xp accounts...

How does mining across multiple xp accounts work? You must need multiple party accounts as well correct? did you just sign up for a bunch of new play money accounts or soemthing else?

sthief09 10-11-2005 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does mining across multiple xp accounts work? You must need multiple party accounts as well correct? did you just sign up for a bunch of new play money accounts or soemthing else?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can open a bunch of play money accounts I think, but you'd need to keep reformatting or finding clean computers, and only get 4 tables per screenname

MarkD 10-11-2005 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you can open a bunch of play money accounts I think, but you'd need to keep reformatting or finding clean computers, and only get 4 tables per screenname

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what you did (or something else?) I'm curious because I've logged into party from two computers at the same time under the same account and it didn't like that (kicked me off) so I don't really see how else it could work.

Wiith the way the skins have changed I want to find a better way to mine.

If you have multiple real money accounts and don't want to say how you got that, then that's cool.

sthief09 10-11-2005 12:45 PM

yeah I have 4 Party accounts from my days of bonus whoring and from picking up stray accounts from friends

Tk79 10-11-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You dont need to even sigh in to mine 4 tables. Just sign in on one xp account and mine 10 tables. Then you can use as many more xp accounts as you want and just open party and dont sign in and mine 4 tables on each.

10-12-2005 02:45 PM

The 2 features I'd most like to see are:

1. Don't shut down table I'm playing at, even if it falls under the minimum number of players to mine it.

2. Ability to specify which tables to mine by, e.g., even #, odd #, and/or named tables, or a range of tables by table number. This would facilitate two people who are not networked mining the tables and being able to share data.

Cheers, Carl.

10-13-2005 12:27 AM

I'm confused. Are you signing on to multiple XP accounts on the same computer? Or are these on different computers?

How many tables can you mine on one computer?

10-13-2005 12:38 AM

Newbie here. Can someone explain to me what PartyMine is?

Luv2DriveTT 10-13-2005 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Newbie here. Can someone explain to me what PartyMine is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Google here, you should try it!

10-13-2005 02:21 AM

Already did. All that site told me is it datamines PartyPoker. About page and FAQ page isn't up yet.

jba 10-13-2005 02:22 AM

how do you get it to mine 10 tables on party? If I try to set the settings to anything above 4 it resets to 4.

Jeff W 10-13-2005 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my #1 feature request also.

Rudbaeck 10-15-2005 12:32 PM

Mine 20/40 if you run out of 15/30 tables, but primarily focus on 15/30 is high, high, high on my wish list!

Jacques 10-20-2005 11:37 AM

The number one for me is definitely not to shutdown the tables I am playing at when they go below the threshold that I set for the number of players per table.

There is a do not close check box for each table, but that doesn't work for me.

Sponger15SB 10-20-2005 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my #1 feature request also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prod1gy 10-20-2005 08:37 PM

I am going to change the way the Don't Close works to make it work in the way you describe, I think it will be much more useful that way.

Prod1gy 10-20-2005 08:56 PM

I am thinking of a clean way to design and implement this. It will require alot of detailed logic to make it work right. Basically I would have to monitor every level and starting from the highest level fall back and keep monitoring every level.

What happens when a new 20/40 table opens, do I drop one of the 15/30's and start mining the new 20/40?

What if there was only 3 20/40's 3 15/30s do I then fall to 10/20?

splashpot 10-20-2005 09:17 PM

So I guess SNG support is last on the list? Only when that is implemented will I consider buying.

sthief09 10-20-2005 09:18 PM

in your algorithm, it seems to know when to pick up a new table. if I get 10 tables, and 8 are available, then one new one opens, it knows to add it.

so I'm thinking, have a list of 11 in the program, but don't let it open an 11th table. only let the 11th table be of the higher priority limit. so if someone wants to mine 30/60 first and 20/40 second, and a new 30/60 table opens, make that 11th. when there is an 11th table, force it to close a 20/40 table to open a 30/60 table.

would something like that work?

or you could put all the available tables in a priority queue and close a 20/40 table if a 30/60 table is on the top

Rudbaeck 10-23-2005 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am thinking of a clean way to design and implement this. It will require alot of detailed logic to make it work right. Basically I would have to monitor every level and starting from the highest level fall back and keep monitoring every level.

What happens when a new 20/40 table opens, do I drop one of the 15/30's and start mining the new 20/40?

What if there was only 3 20/40's 3 15/30s do I then fall to 10/20?

[/ QUOTE ]

For my purposes it'd be the other way around, first do 15/30, if necessary fill out with 20/40. Mining 10/20 full would be pretty pointless for me.

Logic seems simple. If you allow N different limits being ranked, then when it's time to open a new table it checks if one is available on limit 1. If there isn't it checks limit 2, then limit 3.... then finally checks limit N and gives up. (The day it can't find ten tables to observe spread over four limits on Party I'll believe the 'Internet Poker is Doomed' prophets.)

A checkbox option for 'instantly switch on available primary limit table' would be nice. But that's just icing on the cake. The above feels pretty essential to 24/7 15/30 mining though. The number of tables at peak and bottom hours is so far apart it's not even funny.

Jeff W 10-23-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, would this work:

Lets say we want to mine 10 tables. 5/10 full and drop down and mine 3/6 if there are no more tables.

Mine 5/10.

If there are no more available 5/10 tables to mine and we are mining<10 tables, then switch to 3/6 and add tables until we are mining 10 tables.

If one of our tables falls below the threshold min# players, then start the whole process over again at 5/10.

Of course, I don't think this is anywhere near as important as adding flexible player range or distributed mining against XP accounts.