Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What really pisses me off..... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354614)

Trantor 10-10-2005 03:45 PM

What really pisses me off.....

...is when I and all these believers-in-God die I won't be able to say to them "I told you so".

10-10-2005 03:58 PM

Re: What really pisses me off.....

So true..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RxForMoreCowbell 10-10-2005 04:13 PM

I really think statements like this are what keep the "Atheists are just angry" argument around, and I'm glad I see so few non-believers make it here.

Trantor 10-10-2005 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think statements like this are what keep the "Atheists are just angry" argument around, and I'm glad I see so few non-believers make it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear what you say but there is a sub-text to my comment other than frustration and anger.

sexdrugsmoney 10-10-2005 04:58 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
...is when I and all these believers-in-God die I won't be able to say to them "I told you so".

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be nice.

benkahuna 10-11-2005 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sentence is [censored] up. Do you mean you'll be able to tell all the nonbeliever I told you so?

I'm assuming that's what you mean, but your sentence structure has failed utterly.

You can tell me you told me so and you might even be right. It would be dishonest for me to pretend I believe in something I don't.

bocablkr 10-11-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you are correct and I am in hell how do you know we won't meet?

Trantor 10-11-2005 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I realised the ambiguity after posting but the statement is true in either case. I had mistakenly assumed my atheism was inherent in my statement but tbnat is not the case.

I am an atheist so I believe when I die my existance will have ended hence I will not be able to say I told you so.

If I am wrong then again it will hold true beacause it will be the theists saying I told you so to me!

bocablkr 10-11-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I realised the ambiguity after posting but the statement is true in either case. I had mistakenly assumed my atheism was inherent in my statement but tbnat is not the case.

I am an atheist so I believe when I die my existance will have ended hence I will not be able to say I told you so.

If I am wrong then again it will hold true beacause it will be the theists saying I told you so to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake, mis-interpreted your post. Understanding it now - I agree.

Bez 10-11-2005 12:05 PM

As an atheist, I'd love the God botherers to be right, they can rub it in my face all they like.

10-11-2005 01:15 PM

Im a sad atheist. I wish I could believe in it... so if all this is true, Im hoping I get through some kinda divine loophole since Im trying to figure out the truth

malorum 10-11-2005 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im a sad atheist. I wish I could believe in it... so if all this is true, Im hoping I get through some kinda divine loophole since Im trying to figure out the truth

[/ QUOTE ]

No mercy, no reprieve, just eternal pain.
Get to church heathen sinner, before its too late

10-11-2005 02:13 PM

...and if there is a heaven and the atheists who didnt believe wont be invited. Either you die and thats it, like you think, or you get to go to eternal paradise, like theists believe. Seems like believing in God is +EV according to your views.

malorum 10-11-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and if there is a heaven and the atheists who didnt believe wont be invited. Either you die and thats it, like you think, or you get to go to eternal paradise, like theists believe. Seems like believing in God is +EV according to your views.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

chezlaw 10-11-2005 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No mercy, no reprieve, just eternal pain.
Get to church heathen sinner, before its too late

[/ QUOTE ]

I trust you are joking or greatly saddened by this view. No good god would look kindly on this judgement of yours although you can take comfort from the fact that a good god will not punish you with eternal pain.

chez

AngryCola 10-11-2005 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, as a non-believer in an afterlife, one of your biggest annoyances is that you won't be able to rub something in a person's face?

Wow.

Personally, not being able to exist anymore would be my biggest complaint.

10-11-2005 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It turns out that I'm going to Limbo. I don't quite get into the kindom of heaven, but it doesn't sound that bad. There's some cool people in Limbo and it's fairly peaceful, but just a little bit sad. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

chezlaw 10-11-2005 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It turns out that I'm going to Limbo. I don't quite get into the kindom of heaven, but it doesn't sound that bad. There's some cool people in Limbo and it's fairly peaceful, but just a little bit sad. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a heretic. Sound accurate.

chez

10-11-2005 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

"Level 6 - The City of Dis"
Good Luck with that Chez, sounds kinda rough. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bigdaddydvo 10-11-2005 07:31 PM

Purgatory-where I expected to go anyway.

chezlaw 10-11-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

"Level 6 - The City of Dis"
Good Luck with that Chez, sounds kinda rough. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those Furies sound kinda cute, limbs of women and hair of serpents.

chez

RJT 10-11-2005 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Purgatory-where I expected to go anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will be spending a few more moments there after this weekend. I.e., even through our victory you will be cursing a bit along the way, I am sure.

Btw, what odds do you place on the green jerseys being worn? I was there for the USC game when that happened a few years back (20+ years ago). It was electrifying.

Trantor 10-12-2005 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, as a non-believer in an afterlife, one of your biggest annoyances is that you won't be able to rub something in a person's face?

Wow.

Personally, not being able to exist anymore would be my biggest complaint.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://volweb.utk.edu/Schools/bedfor.../hyperbole.htm

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

tolbiny 10-12-2005 03:22 PM

8th level of hell- can anyone beat that? I answered them all as honestly as i could- though the last one- some people deserve to die, i answered true to since apparently all people deserve to die, no?

I'm pretty pissed that i don't get any chicks with snakes for hair though.

Rduke55 10-12-2005 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem like quite the charmer.

10-12-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope there is a God... and that he bases his judgement of eternal destiny on the amount of rationality someone had in their belief or disbelief in him. Then, he'd know that 1) I didn't believe in him because there wasn't enough evidence to warrant such an extraordinary belief, and 2) that I think he's a prick for sending people to hell based on the ir/rationality of their beliefs.

But, I'd be in heaven, so I'd be happy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]