Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Tables different on Party vs Skins (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353345)

10-08-2005 06:27 PM

Tables different on Party vs Skins

Anyone else notice that the tables on Party don't match up with the tables on Euro? For example, the NL100 tables on Euro are numbered between 36000-54000. On party, they are all in the 65000 range.

10-08-2005 06:30 PM

Re: Tables different on Party vs Skins

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else notice that the tables on Party don't match up with the tables on Euro? For example, the NL100 tables on Euro are numbered between 36000-54000. On party, they are all in the 65000 range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, I just opened both empire and party, nothing is the same. This is the day the fish have been waiting for! I'm glad I am a fish! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mikeyworm 10-08-2005 06:30 PM

tell me this doesn't mean what it could mean.

10-08-2005 06:30 PM

Yes, and they show different number of people connected,7968 on party and 2827 on Multi

crego20 10-08-2005 06:30 PM

Yeah, same with the limit tables. They look to match numbers across skins(Empire/Euro) though.

gr8vertical 10-08-2005 06:31 PM

Hrmmmm

KingMedicine 10-08-2005 06:31 PM

holy moly.

did they break apart?

the 2000$ NL tables are COMPLETELY NOT CONNECTED on party and empire.

this could change a lot of things.

Smarty 10-08-2005 06:32 PM

This is bad....really bad.

KingMedicine 10-08-2005 06:34 PM

if this is happening with SNGs too, it's going to really screw up my life (12-16 tabling).

how many people log on to intertops to play SNGs besides pros?

ZeeJustin 10-08-2005 06:35 PM

This is really really really bad. I'm seriously freaking out. This will cost me so much money if this is how it's supposed to be.

10-08-2005 06:36 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

KingMedicine 10-08-2005 06:37 PM

time to get the resume dusted off.

Unabridged 10-08-2005 06:39 PM

i had an update for party, but no update yet for the skins. i'm hoping the next update will link all the tables

if not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

mikeyworm 10-08-2005 06:39 PM

this is absolutley terrible. but at least now there is no question that i want to be a dr.

KingMedicine 10-08-2005 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i had an update for party, but no update yet for the skins. i'm hoping the next update will link all the tables

if not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

not going to happen. the tables are completely unlinked and unconnected. im pray to freakin god that the SNGs are linked or im going to learn how to actually play poker or get a real job.

SNG PROs (multitablers):

If the SNGs are linked, your life is going to change very dramatically. how many people log onto intertops to play SNGs who ARENT pros? The fish come in thru party and if party isnt linked to the skins for SNGs, have fun 4tabling at party.

bobbyi 10-08-2005 06:42 PM

I don't understand exactly what the situation is. Can someone explain? Is every skin different than every other skin (i.e., no shared tables between euro and empire)? Are all the skins the same as each other but different than Party itself? Is anything shared?

Unabridged 10-08-2005 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand exactly what the situation is. Can someone explain? Is every skin different than every other skin (i.e., no shared tables between euro and empire)? Are all the skins the same as each other but different than Party itself? Is anything shared?

[/ QUOTE ]

the skins have the same tables, party has a different set of tables

KingMedicine 10-08-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for cash games: the skins appear to still be linked to each other, but the party games are completely seperate from the games on any of the skins. so, in effect, they are "skins" anymore, there are 2 networks - the "party" network and the "skin" network.

SNGs arent up yet. please let them be linked to party, but im having my doubts.

Wabby 10-08-2005 06:47 PM

to make matters worse they increased the rake as well.

So far I noticed rake at 50/100 tables are now 5 dollars a hand instead of 3 dollars.

KingMedicine 10-08-2005 06:49 PM

you can now 8 table on party.
you can still only 4 table on the skins.

Jeff W 10-08-2005 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So far I noticed rake at 50/100 tables are now 5 dollars a hand instead of 3 dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasn't it always been this way?

POKhER 10-08-2005 06:51 PM

Can the smarter guys explain to us drunk/Confused/Clueless guys what this means?

Does it affect rakeback? The ammount of fish? What does it affect?

P.s. party has updated its software... whats changed>

Synergistic Explosions 10-08-2005 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said in a reply last night, will people accept a rake increase to $5.00 max and say it's OK because Party has a right ot maximize their profit to whatever the market bares?

People said they have a right to. Party exercised that right I guess.

Unabridged 10-08-2005 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

for cash games: the skins appear to still be linked to each other, but the party games are completely seperate from the games on any of the skins. so, in effect, they are "skins" anymore, there are 2 networks - the "party" network and the "skin" network.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless party just held renegotiations with the skins, this is probably just a technical issue. i doubt any of the skins would sign a contract that didn't guarentee them access to all of party's games

MicroBob 10-08-2005 06:55 PM

I thought that the rake on the 50/100 tables was $5-max BEFORE this latest update.
This isn't new.

The bit about the different tables for different skins is interesting and potentially problematic though.

Smarty 10-08-2005 06:55 PM

Anyone know how to import Notes/Buddy Lists between PP and Eurobet?

mikeyworm 10-08-2005 06:57 PM

buddy copy. someone will have a link.

ihardlyknowher 10-08-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know how to import Notes/Buddy Lists between PP and Eurobet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just copy Notes.txt from one directory to the other, and agree to overwrite existing file.

Jeff W 10-08-2005 06:59 PM

Eurobet:
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/1...odtimes6dl.jpg

Me(figuratively, of course):
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7...dodgers2or.jpg

MicroBob 10-08-2005 07:00 PM

I highly doubt that this is just a 'technical issue'.

This definitely seems intentional because they know that many of the skins players (and multi-tablers0 are there because they can get to the same tables on party AND get RB on top of that.

Contract wouldn't really matter a whole lot either. Party is holding all the cards (so to speak).
They seem to be severing ties with Empire already (the word 'Empire' is already censored on their site) and are clearly trying to bring as many of the multi-tabling grinders back to their site.

This is NOT an accidental change.

KramerTM 10-08-2005 07:00 PM

Why does this just not mean you will have to play on Party instead of one of the skins? Please excuse my naivete... and my dear Aunt Sally.

Wabby 10-08-2005 07:01 PM

A piece of good advice:

If you own any shares of Empire Poker.... sell .. sell.. sell... and do it now!

XxGodJrxX 10-08-2005 07:01 PM

People that play on the skins rather than PARTY, are typically better players that play with rakeback (or rather, there is a higher percentage of better players). As of right now, Party and the skins are not sharing tables. This means that there is the typical donkfest going on at Party and a bunch of rakeback whores playing against each other at the skins.

Hopefully it doesn't stay this way, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They went out of their way to create new tables at Party, and I doubt it is for "technical" reasons.

mikeyworm 10-08-2005 07:01 PM

rakeback=trading money with TAGs on the 7 empire tables
money=no rakeback on party.

Nightwish 10-08-2005 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does this just not mean you will have to play on Party instead of one of the skins? Please excuse my naivete... and my dear Aunt Sally.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does, and for many of us it means a loss of tens of thousands of dollars in rakeback per year.

KaneKungFu123 10-08-2005 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is really really really bad. I'm seriously freaking out. This will cost me so much money if this is how it's supposed to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get what the big fuss is about? the only thing shitty for me is that i got rakeback on non party skins!

Ulysses 10-08-2005 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get what the big fuss is about? the only thing shitty for me is that i got rakeback on non party skins!

[/ QUOTE ]

The better you are at poker, the less this impacts you.

jrz1972 10-08-2005 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if this change means what it seems to mean, many people who used to play at Euro, Empire, etc. will now have to play at Party. This means the loss of rakeback for those people. That sucks.

Smarty 10-08-2005 07:02 PM

Can someone post a link to this buddy copy program, I searched but could not find it.

ace_in_the_hole 10-08-2005 07:02 PM

WOW, so basically this is the end of rakeback as we know it. We will all be going to party now which is exactly what they wanted. Sucks but I don;t see any other option.