Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Need advice in winning prop bet. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352560)

dibbs 10-07-2005 02:22 PM

Need advice in winning prop bet.

In the past day I've slept a total of 4 hours. I just made a bet with my friend for 1,000$ that I can't stay awake for 72 starting at 2pm today. There's 20 100 dollar bills in a jar, my buddy is staring at me making sure I dont cheat, its gonna be a long weekend.

I'm staying away from caffiene, booze, and yellowjackets until the last leg cuz I dont want to risk the comedown.

Any advice/tactics on how to rough this one out?

kitaristi0 10-07-2005 02:23 PM

Re: Need advice in winning prop bet.

Don't fall asleep.

TheMainEvent 10-07-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm staying away from caffiene, booze, and yellowjackets until the last leg cuz I dont want to risk the comedown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you drink at all?

dibbs 10-07-2005 02:25 PM

Alcohol wakes me up for some reason, unless it's wine.

fatdave 10-07-2005 02:28 PM

- Play lots of computer games, sitting up.
- Do NOT play video games on the couch. Even if you are sitting up, you'll pass out.
- Go for a bike ride / run every 12 hours or so.
- Paint some rooms in your house/apartment
- Work on the yard

Shajen 10-07-2005 02:29 PM

what time is it where you are?

Cause it's 1:30 here on the east side...meaning 30 minutes til the bet starts...on 4 hours of sleep?

I wouldn't take this bet.

GuyOnTilt 10-07-2005 02:30 PM

I think you'll have a hard time winning this bet without drugs.

GoT

Cancer Merchant 10-07-2005 02:30 PM

Yeah, he's handicapping himself. Get a good night's sleep and try again tomorrow.

Espresso beans and an addicting videogame make time fly by.

dibbs 10-07-2005 02:31 PM

2:30 PM right now. I really wish I had a full sleep last night but oh well.

FouTight 10-07-2005 02:32 PM

whatever you do, make sure near the end of this stunt, you write some poetry or some story or something and post it here, should be an interesting insight into your lack of sleep.

dibbs 10-07-2005 02:32 PM

I was thinking about the videogames in uncomfortable chair situation.

I want to do some form of mild excercise periodically but also worried about the come down effect, gotta keep the blood flowin though.

10-07-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Play lots of computer games, sitting up.
- Do NOT play video games on the couch. Even if you are sitting up, you'll pass out.
- Go for a bike ride / run every 12 hours or so.
- Paint some rooms in your house/apartment
- Work on the yard

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea genius, wear yourself out doing meaningless chores. Yea that'll keep you freah!

Entity 10-07-2005 02:33 PM

http://www.provigil.com/

dibbs 10-07-2005 02:34 PM

Mmmmmm.

fnord_too 10-07-2005 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2:30 PM right now. I really wish I had a full sleep last night but oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty sure you will fall asleep in this time, but it depends on what your frined considers to be asleep. I think you will have lots of 10 second ish periods where you don't even know you fell asleep.

bdk3clash 10-07-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
dingdingding

glen 10-07-2005 02:36 PM

after 72 hours I believe you are considered legally insane. 48 is easy, but then it gets exponentially harder. My roommate in school did it once and he was a f'ing mess. He may have dozed for minutes here and there though, so I doubt he would have won the bet. As for your bet, I am with GOT and think you will bonk at some point without drugs. You will fall asleep standing up even, start seeing things etc. And, it's gonna suck when you lose after hour 60 - that's time you're not getting back. . .

CrazyEyez 10-07-2005 02:37 PM

This bet depends on whether or not your friend was ever ranked as a tennis pro.

TheMainEvent 10-07-2005 02:38 PM

Make a post in this thread every half hour for the duration of the bet. If you miss one we'll know and we'll give you [censored] so that's motivation.

dibbs 10-07-2005 02:38 PM

We've set the rule at 30 seconds for an "extended eye blink", after that it's KO. We're good friends so any judgement will be fair hopefully.

dibbs 10-07-2005 02:40 PM

Is that really true about being legally insane after 72 hours? I've done it before but not limping in like this with a handicap.

I'm allowed to use as many drugs as I feel like, but I haven't decided what hour they'll be introduced, not til at least half way probably later though.

dibbs 10-07-2005 02:41 PM

When I'm sleep deprived OOT is incredibly entertaining to me, it works out really.

benza13 10-07-2005 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the past day I've slept a total of 4 hours. I just made a bet with my friend for 1,000$ that I can't stay awake for 72 starting at 2pm today. There's 20 100 dollar bills in a jar, my buddy is staring at me making sure I dont cheat, its gonna be a long weekend.

Any advice/tactics on how to rough this one out?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is only one answer here - Adderall. 72 hours would be a piece of cake with this good friend, you won't even be thinking about sleep.

Entity 10-07-2005 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
dingdingding

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a few for Vegas. We'll see how they work. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

manpower 10-07-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is only one answer here - Adderall. 72 hours would be a piece of cake with this good friend, you won't even be thinking about sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]
This advice is best. Amphetamines are your best friend here.

Amid Cent 10-07-2005 02:48 PM

Can I get in on this bet? No offense, but I think you're toast.

Subfallen 10-07-2005 02:48 PM

I question whether this is worth $1k. E.g.

[ QUOTE ]
There once was a fair amount of research on total sleep deprivation...doctors would keep humans awake for 48, 72, or even 96 hours, and watch their performance deteriorate while their mental states devolved into psychosis.

[/ QUOTE ]

From here...in any case, if you can't get out of the bet, OOT is going to be your lifeline here. So keep us updated.

rlpsjstyle 10-07-2005 02:57 PM

Wait for friend to fall asleep. Place an alarm between his head and couch/pillow/whatever. Fall asleep. Wake up when alarm goes off. Rinse/repeat.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...F.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

dibbs 10-07-2005 02:58 PM

Haha I was gonna lay him 2 to 1 too. Stupid cocky moods.

wrongarm300 10-07-2005 03:26 PM

Is he going to watch you shower and/or use the restroom? Just take a nice looooooong bath (while curled up in the bathroom floor sneaking in a few minutes of sleep)

Koss 10-07-2005 03:38 PM

I've heard users of Crystal Meth will stay up for days at a time while high. How much is $1000 worth to you?

swede123 10-07-2005 03:42 PM

I can't believe you didn't get some kind of odds, at least 2:1 but more like 3:1 for this bet. You're screwed.

Swede

Eihli 10-07-2005 03:47 PM

I don't think you can win this without having practiced before. Read up on that world record holder. I think I remember reading his diet consisted of a lot of fish, don't remember why.

mason55 10-07-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is he going to watch you shower and/or use the restroom? Just take a nice looooooong bath (while curled up in the bathroom floor sneaking in a few minutes of sleep)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right. If he lays down on the floor to sleep after 50 hours without sleep he WON'T be waking up in a timely fashion.

Seriously dude, once you start feeling the strain, start hitting the drugs. Meth was suggested earlier, I would seriously consider it for $1000. Actually... for a grand... yeah I would find a meth dealer right now.

theghost 10-07-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would find a meth dealer right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

krimson 10-07-2005 03:54 PM

Is methamphetamines considered cheating? If not, this is an easy prop bet to win.

(edit: Little late on this suggestion I see...)

Stu Pidasso 10-07-2005 04:02 PM

An long term episode of sleep deprevation can screw you up for life. In the end, you may find the $1000 was really not worth it. I suggest you spend the first few hours researching what negative effects this bet can have on you and then decide wether to continue to try to win it.

Stu

Slow Play Ray 10-07-2005 04:03 PM

"cocaine is a hell of a drug"

GuyOnTilt 10-07-2005 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An long term episode of sleep deprevation can screw you up for life. In the end, you may find the $1000 was really not worth it. I suggest you spend the first few hours researching what negative effects this bet can have on you and then decide wether to continue to try to win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fnord_too 10-07-2005 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah right. If he lays down on the floor to sleep after 50 hours without sleep he WON'T be waking up in a timely fashion.

Seriously dude, once you start feeling the strain, start hitting the drugs. Meth was suggested earlier, I would seriously consider it for $1000. Actually... for a grand... yeah I would find a meth dealer right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because it's like $1000 and totally worth potentially royally [censored] up your life. (If you were talking about just meth amphetamine and not crystal meth, ignore my comment).