Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   how often does he have a king here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350678)

JackThree 10-04-2005 11:28 PM

how often does he have a king here?

i raise pocket queens and get called by the sb.

flop is KK2r sb bets out and i raise

turn is a blank, sb bets out and i call

river is a K, sb bets out

can i raise this river or should i just call?

10-04-2005 11:31 PM

Re: how often does he have a king here?

hmm, calling a raise from sb indicates a premium to good hand to me.

He very well might have it. I would not raise the river.

gopnik 10-04-2005 11:43 PM

I'd raise that river. I think we are good more than 70% of the time here.
People usually wait until the turn to show aggression with flopped trips HU.

JackThree 10-04-2005 11:58 PM

thinking about the hand, i think i should have raised, but i still don't know how often he has a king, if he'd c/r the turn then obv i would just call the river, the turn donk scared me a bit. btw this is Absolute

Duerig 10-05-2005 12:13 AM

I would call the flop and raise the turn.

2+2 wannabe 10-05-2005 01:43 AM

easy river raise

raising the turn doesn't do anything - it loses you the most when you're behind but wins you less than if you're ahead - this is WA/WB to a T

call turn raise river (cap a 3-bet)

people will do this with jj-77 - they have a full house!!!1111ONE!!OMG!

Hojglad 10-05-2005 04:10 AM

If 4 bets go in on this river, our hero will probably be the one who is feeling like:

[ QUOTE ]
they have a full house!!!1111ONE!!OMG!

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise the river and call a 3-bet. When he three bets this river, he has a K a lot more than is "probable."

Shillx 10-05-2005 04:18 AM

C'mon people this is very upsetting. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

CALL the flop. CALL the turn. Call a generic river as well. This river is more interesting, but the plan in hands like this should be to CALL three times and be happy when he shows down a stone bluff.

Brad

<font color="white">Ed Miller made this exact post in SS a while ago. The beauty is in its simplicity. </font>

Paxosmotic 10-05-2005 04:25 AM

He's not bluffing, he has a full house. We have a better one. Raise river for value.

Shillx 10-05-2005 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not bluffing, he has a full house. We have a better one. Raise river for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do we know if he is bluffing or not when all we do is call? The point is that raising anywhere in this hand (or at least planning on raising) is wrong. If we call the 1st two streets I would raise this river for sure, but it isn't as clear cut here IMO.

Brad

Paxosmotic 10-05-2005 04:36 AM

That's what I'm saying, call the first two, then after he bets again on the river, dramatically push all in and start doing pushups while your girlfriend yells things standing on a chair from across the room.

Oh sorry thought we were Phil Laak for a minute.

Edit : I really don't understand what you're saying. Your first post says call all three. Then you point out that we don't know whether or not he's bluffing if we only call. Then you say raising is wrong. Then you advocate call/call/raise. Sweet jesus man you're all over the map. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Hojglad 10-05-2005 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's what I'm saying, call the first two, then after he bets again on the river, dramatically push all in and start doing pushups while your girlfriend yells things standing on a chair from across the room.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was the funniest poker-related thing I've ever seen. Wouldn't you fold if you were Johnny Chan? JOHNNY CHAN!

Paxosmotic 10-05-2005 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This was the funniest poker-related thing I've ever seen. Wouldn't you fold if you were Johnny Chan? JOHNNY CHAN!

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think that's funny, play live with me some time.

Paxosmotic: Can I request a seat change?
Dealer: Sure, where would you like to sit?
Paxosmotic: Here's fine, but when the drunk comes back I'd like him on my right.

Edit : Oh and let's not forget the chip I bounced off invictus's forehead.

Shillx 10-05-2005 04:47 AM

I only said to call/call/raise in this rare case. This is the classic 2+2 hand here. You call 3 times unless a Q or K comes. If a queen comes, you raise the street that it hits. If a king comes, you raise the river regardless if it hits on 4th or 5th. I was only suggesting calling down as a guideline since you will rarely find the 3rd king or a queen here.

Brad

Edit - The river play really isn't very interesting. The main point to get across here is that people should not be inclined to get aggressive in this hand. Not raising the river when the 3rd king falls is much less worse then raising either the flop or turn.

TomBrooks 10-05-2005 06:06 AM

No one knows for sure, but odds are you can raise it. Call a three bet.