Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Name Change: IdiotLiberal (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350362)

Derek in NYC 10-04-2005 03:28 PM

Name Change: IdiotLiberal

Since I decided this morning to dump my 2p2 identity, I figured I'd also dump my online Eurobet identity while Im at it, as it is time for a name change. Any feedback on my play as IdiotLiberal appreciated. 5/10SH.

Wynton 10-04-2005 03:45 PM

Re: Name Change: IdiotLiberal

I'll check my stats on you when I get to the computer with PT, but in exchange you have to say how you picked that name.

Derek in NYC 10-04-2005 03:50 PM

I was being redundant. Also, FilthyIdiotLiberal was too long.

MAxx 10-04-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I decided this morning to dump my 2p2 identity,

[/ QUOTE ]

what?

baronzeus 10-04-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was being redundant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Derek in NYC 10-04-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since I decided this morning to dump my 2p2 identity,

[/ QUOTE ]

what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized that I somehow was spamming 2p2 enough to get Pooh Bah status, which is totally unwarranted. So Im starting off again as a stranger.

C'mon, somebody must have played me and/or dropped a note on me? Seriously, any thoughts on my play would be very helpful.

tolbiny 10-04-2005 04:02 PM

I know i have seen your name around, but i don't have you in my database- my oldone was lost to comp malfuncitons, an di only have played 2k hands of 5-10 on this one- but i thought that i had seen you recently.

pyroponic 10-04-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was being redundant.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.umich.edu/~jnwu/1005/liberals.jpg

Wynton 10-04-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I realized that I somehow was spamming 2p2 enough to get Pooh Bah status, which is totally unwarranted. So Im starting off again as a stranger.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to pose as a noob? Verryyy sneaky.

StellarWind 10-04-2005 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I decided this morning to dump my 2p2 identity, I figured I'd also dump my online Eurobet identity while Im at it, as it is time for a name change. Any feedback on my play as IdiotLiberal appreciated. 5/10SH.

[/ QUOTE ]
We've played many times and I respect you as a good player. I've never noticed any specific weaknesses.

10-04-2005 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We've played many times and I respect you as a good player. I've never noticed any specific weaknesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

meow_meow 10-04-2005 04:55 PM

I didn't like this hand at all (i'm not sitting at the table, must have been waiting).
You are the CO:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: is with , .

Flop: (1.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333"> bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

River: (6.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB doesn't show.
BB has Tc 6d (two pair, tens and sixes).
CO has Jh Kh (high card, king).
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: BB wins 10.20 BB. </font>

Other than that pretty standard. Converter a bit messed up.

Turning Stone Pro 10-04-2005 05:09 PM

Country\'s never been in worse shape . . .

Bush should be impeached, for sure, if not worse. This country has become a laughing stock around the world. After the Katrina fiasco, I was ashamed to be an American.

Thousands of American lives have been needlessly sacrificed as a result of this administration's incompetance and arrogance.

Bush and his cronies are uneducated, unintelligent morons who have absolutely no sense of history, science, foreign affairs, or human nature.

Hopefully, this Country can survive another 3 years of it.

TSP

B Dids 10-04-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was being redundant. Also, FilthyIdiotLiberal was too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kinda tempted to ask for your new name so I can pre-ignore it.

baronzeus 10-04-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda tempted to ask for your new name so I can pre-ignore it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Catt 10-04-2005 05:32 PM

I've played with you but have no immediate recollections. I'll check PT when I have a chance.

fatpants 10-04-2005 05:33 PM

Got 63 hands against you in one session--you were down 20BB, but took some unlucky beats from a maniac.

Checked out the HH where you went to SD, and it looks pretty good, didn't really see you get out of line anywhere.

Roland19 10-04-2005 05:37 PM

Re: Country\'s never been in worse shape . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Bush should be impeached, for sure, if not worse. This country has become a laughing stock around the world. After the Katrina fiasco, I was ashamed to be an American.

Thousands of American lives have been needlessly sacrificed as a result of this administration's incompetance and arrogance.

Bush and his cronies are uneducated, unintelligent morons who have absolutely no sense of history, science, foreign affairs, or human nature.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKYS

Catt 10-04-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played with you but have no immediate recollections. I'll check PT when I have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized I had my PT db with me and checked quickly. 200+ hands at 5/10 and looked solid those hands you showed down(statwise &amp; playwise). There was one abnormal stat and a related note, but I chalk it up to small sample: I have a note that reads essentially "semi-bluffs turn often" and over this small sample size your turn ag was 7.0. You were winning a good number of hands and generally seemed to have pretty strong starting hands, so I wouldn't read too much into my note. Might have caused me to 3-bet you a bit light on the turn or stop n go the river more than I otherwise would, but I have no hand examples showing that.

imported_stealthcow 10-04-2005 05:54 PM

fwiw of the 700 hands i have with you, 6 of your top losers are against me. this one was a pretty bad calldown in my opinion.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Tc Jc (one pair, jacks).
Hero has Qd Qh (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB. </font>

dont take this the wrong way, because its not like i searched through your hands and have you as a bad player. but your style is pretty typical of the "good players" at 5/10sh in which they dont do anything really sneaky, aren't aggressive enough to pick up pots off of other good players, in general just taking their slice of the pie from the nice base of bad players out there. ie, i had a hand where you open raised on the btn, sb calls all in and i 3bet from the bb. you should cap that with AQo against me every time.

stigmata 10-04-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This country has become a laughing stock around the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

People playing on poker sites under names such as "IdiotLiberal" or "NukeTheCube" only helps to crystalise negative stereotypes of americans.

ALL1N 10-04-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush should be impeached, for sure, if not worse. This country has become a laughing stock around the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

This much is true.

bdk3clash 10-04-2005 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People playing on poker sites under names such as "IdiotLiberal" or "NukeTheCube" only helps to crystalise negative stereotypes of americans.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah but in Derek's case they're all true. (Except he's Asian.)

Derek in NYC 10-04-2005 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah but in Derek's case they're all true. (Except he's Asian.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I must also confess that you have (how I dont know) hit on one of my old Party Poker identities. I was also NukeTheCube, and you are exactly the second person that I'm aware of who figured out what my name meant.

brettbrettr 10-04-2005 11:11 PM

I think we just sat together...BB here is uber-loose, calls down with anything, bet this turn: (You had KQo)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks.

River: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

This you played well--I should not have paid off:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

obsidian 10-04-2005 11:26 PM

All I know is that I remember that alias and usually avoid it. One thing I never understood is the aversion people seem to have with other's knowing their screen name.

party36master 10-04-2005 11:41 PM

I dunno about this one against me.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

You had 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

whodaman 10-04-2005 11:57 PM

i had 41 hands with you... you look solid. Good luck

ArturiusX 10-05-2005 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol bush is dum am i rite

nervous 10-05-2005 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno about this one against me.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

You had 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I would have played it. What do you think is better?

blackize 10-05-2005 12:49 AM

deleted

ArturiusX 10-05-2005 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He should really fold the turn.

wheelz 10-05-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He should really call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

stigmata 10-05-2005 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was also NukeTheCube

[/ QUOTE ]

Either the irony is escaping me, or you are incredibly ignorant &amp; obnoxious. I don't understand bdk3clash stating your are Asian.... this makes even less sense
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

On the other hand, you play poker well, so you can't be plain stupid. At least stupid people have the excuse of being impressionable, and lacking the ability to make reasonable &amp; sound judgements about complex situations.

ArturiusX 10-05-2005 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], misread the hand entirely [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

imported_azalin 10-05-2005 06:44 AM

I have checked my PT dbase and found 2976 hands from you. You seem solid (judging from your stats). As a sidenote u seem to be in a downswing (- 4,63BB/100). Good luck at the tables.

RunDownHouse 10-05-2005 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a really strong move from a solid player (if Hero had that read at the time). Is it a call down simply because its second pair in a HU blind battle?

Wynton 10-05-2005 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a really strong move from a solid player (if Hero had that read at the time). Is it a call down simply because its second pair in a HU blind battle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm misplaying this situation. Against an unknown 5/10 player, I'd be folding that turn. I suppose I'd call, though, if I had seen the villain show above-average aggression before, particularly in a blind/battle situation.

Derek in NYC 10-05-2005 11:25 AM

In looking at the hand, I would definitely call it down, without any of the fancy raises. I dont like the ace on the flop, but it is middle pair, and a lot of people will opern raise and continuation bet with random hands. The way I played it, calling the turn after all of the action was a mistake.

wheelz 10-05-2005 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored], misread the hand entirely [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, so did i [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i thought derek was the sb.