Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Canterbury Roll Call (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349140)

augie00 10-02-2005 11:35 PM

Canterbury Roll Call

Tongni and I are going to be here from the evening of the 8th to the 11th. We will be playing massive amounts of poker and staying up all night drinking. I will be smoking as well. If any of you fine chums would like to share this with us (as well as the mandatory 3/6 "magoo" game as you all say) then shoot me with a PM w/ your cell #, but also reply in this thread so everyone will know you'll be there. If you hang out with us I will buy you lunch.

I'll be playing 15/30 (maybe taking a shot at 30/60 if I run good) and Tongni will be playing the highest game available, I also want to play some tournaments if they got 'em. I understand it's the "Fall Poker Classic" or something like that, I'm not quite sure what that's all about.

Bartman387 10-02-2005 11:42 PM

Re: Canterbury Roll Call

[ QUOTE ]
I also want to play some tournaments if they got 'em. I understand it's the "Fall Poker Classic" or something like that, I'm not quite sure what that's all about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heres what it's all about
http://www.canterburypark.com/cardcl...lassic/FPC.htm

kurosh 10-02-2005 11:48 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

10-03-2005 06:09 AM

Does anyone know if they will be running satellites to the tournaments and if so when?

thanks

HD03King

WDC 10-03-2005 01:29 PM

One table sats start October 5. Don't know specifics but believe last year buy-ins ranged from about 65 to 115.

WDC 10-03-2005 01:31 PM

I doubt they will let a magoo game go this weekend.

I am going to try to make it on Sunday. I expect by then you will have made a name for yourself. If you sign up as augie I am sure I can find you.

PokerBob 10-03-2005 03:12 PM

i'm sure i'll be there at some point. i typically play there a few times each week when online starts to drive me mad.

worm33 10-03-2005 03:41 PM

I'll be there trying to defend title.

augie00 10-03-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you sign up as augie I am sure I can find you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got on the waiting lists at TUrning Stone under "AUG." If they allow full names I will probably put "Brad" but I might put "Augie." There's also a chance I will go by "Peoria" or "Peoria Brad" but that whole thing is a little silly anyway.

dtbog 10-03-2005 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tongni and I are going to be here from the evening of the 8th to the 11th.

[/ QUOTE ]

if there's a fruit wheel, you know what to do.

tongni -- don't lend any money while you're there. I mean it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Shilly 10-03-2005 09:34 PM

Damn, sounds like a good time. You ever been to Canterbury before?

If I hadn't just gone home last weekend, Jeff and I would probably make the trip (well, if he's not banned anymore).

augie00 10-03-2005 09:40 PM

lol, how did jeff get banned? also, no I have not been to canterbury before.

Shilly 10-03-2005 09:46 PM

Drankin'.

Schneids 10-03-2005 09:57 PM

I think I will probably come out for one of the tourneys this weekend with the possibility of doing both of them.

worm33 10-03-2005 10:07 PM

just one? come oooooon buddy

augie00 10-03-2005 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drankin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can get banned for drinking? i could be in some trouble...

NLSoldier 10-03-2005 10:41 PM

Im actually thinkin about flying home to play in the $500 limit holdem event on the 15th. Are the limit events pretty legit or are they total crapshoots?

Would my EV in the tourney be enough to cover the $300 flight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PokerBob 10-03-2005 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im actually thinkin about flying home to play in the $500 limit holdem event on the 15th. Are the limit events pretty legit or are they total crapshoots?

Would my EV in the tourney be enough to cover the $300 flight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i'm gonna donate in one of the NL events.

Shilly 10-03-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Drankin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can get banned for drinking? i could be in some trouble...

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody bought him a beer and he was drinking at the table. I think somebody told on him, because he'd done it a few times before without incident.

I think that as long as you get drunk beforehand, it won't be a problem.

Schneids 10-04-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Noon start time sucks, I might be too hungover to make it there on time. Right now looking like less than 10% chance I'll be there Saturday... So probably sunday. Shame cuz I'm pretty sure I'd win the LHE tourney AND knock you, Pickett and Fox out of it.

whiskeytown 10-04-2005 12:45 AM

I will do what I can - I'll have you send me your cell number -

I suspect I will be pretty busy for a few weeks - band has started recording our album - that kills weeks of time, esp. since I'm the guy with the equipment/recording engineer.

RB

worm33 10-04-2005 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Noon start time sucks, I might be too hungover to make it there on time. Right now looking like less than 10% chance I'll be there Saturday... So probably sunday. Shame cuz I'm pretty sure I'd win the LHE tourney AND knock you, Pickett and Fox out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha since my picture is on the wall for that tournament (even though I won more $ for the one it says i got 2nd) I would make myself a 72% favorite to make the final table.

daryljobe777 10-04-2005 06:17 PM

I'll be there on the 8th during the evening.

WDC 10-04-2005 07:18 PM

Without knowing your prowess I would say probably not. Levels seem to go up quickly and the 500 event is midweek I think.

BigBaitsim (milo) 10-04-2005 07:54 PM

I'll be entering the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday tourneys. If I cash (a near certainty, since the poker gods have forsaken me for many months now and will use the CPFC to ask for my forgiveness), I will enter the Stud and O/8 tourneys as well.

Sadly, my pathetic $5K BR will not sustain a run at all events. Next year, I take the All Around title. This year I will have to content myself with an early bustout (150th), a weak cash (26th) and a final table (4th).

Stellastarr 10-05-2005 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be entering the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday tourneys. If I cash (a near certainty, since the poker gods have forsaken me for many months now and will use the CPFC to ask for my forgiveness), I will enter the Stud and O/8 tourneys as well.

Sadly, my pathetic $5K BR will not sustain a run at all events. Next year, I take the All Around title. This year I will have to content myself with an early bustout (150th), a weak cash (26th) and a final table (4th).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Luck, Milo and everyone else.

NLSoldier 10-05-2005 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone answer this for me? Preferably mike or someone else who has played in it before... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

kurosh 10-05-2005 04:15 PM

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I wanna go [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Stupid [censored] school and stupid [censored] tests - on the 10th and 11th!

tongni 10-05-2005 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tongni -- don't lend any money while you're there. I mean it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha i'm a moron.

Swedebubba 10-05-2005 06:28 PM

Does Canterbury have NL cash games?

BigBaitsim (milo) 10-05-2005 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Canterbury have NL cash games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forbidden by Minnesota law. Max bet is $60, so the games run from 2/4 to 30/60.

icepick 10-05-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forbidden by Minnesota law.

[/ QUOTE ]

The State Where Nothing is Allowed

Gator519 10-06-2005 07:43 PM

I'll be there playing in the sunday 300+30 NL tourney. I'll also be playing 15/30 during the week / weekend.

Andy B 10-07-2005 02:18 AM

40 minute rounds. The structure is here. I'll be playing in cash games myself.

I have demonstrated to myself once again that I really, really shouldn't go down there on a week night. This weekend is kinda shot, although I'm debating between Canterbury and Les Claypool. Claypool is winning right now. I'll be down there on the 14th or 15th, maybe the 16th if I don't go bust. Hopefully the $30/60 stud/8 game will be going.

augie00 10-07-2005 09:46 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH MAN, WE LEAVE THIS AFTERNOON, YAY

hopefully we can find a hotel

oscar057 10-07-2005 01:02 PM

Is there a risk that the events will sell out? I plan to play Sunday and Monday, but am concerned out tournament capacity. I have been unable to find any information on early registration.

Thanks.

Andy B 10-07-2005 08:22 PM

They've made all the buy-ins high enough that there shouldn't be any problems with events selling out. They had a $100 NLHE tournament last year or the year before that had 600+ players. You can sign up for tournaments in advance, so you can pay for Sunday's and Monday's tournaments at the same time. I'd recommend getting there early, as the lines can be long.

whiskeytown 10-07-2005 09:22 PM

new photo, Andy?

I may go play a couple satellites Mon/Tues - not sure - I'd almost rather play the limit tourney then the NL one - I think the money will be easier.

RB

Bartman387 10-08-2005 01:23 AM

I called Canterbury and their recorded message said satelites for the fall classic start on Oct. 5th. Does this mean for all tourneys or just the main event? I'm looking to satelite into the sunday $300+30 NLHE event, to the guys that were out there tonight, did they have satelites for this running or will they tomorrow??

TIA

ggbman 10-08-2005 01:50 AM

This is making me mad, why do all you guys get to congregate in MN? I'd love to come bust you up if wasnt half way accross the country.