Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Official White Sox 2005 AL Central Champs Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347011)

JayLear 09-29-2005 03:38 PM

Official White Sox 2005 AL Central Champs Thread

Bumpy ride at the end, but they got it done. Let's hear it White Sox fans!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

pokerdirty 09-29-2005 03:55 PM

Re: Official White Sox 2005 AL Central Champs Thread

Bust.

JayLear 09-29-2005 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bust.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever, dude. Can't rain on my parade.

johnnybeef 09-29-2005 04:05 PM

They haven't even won the central yet. Of all five of the playoff contenders in the AL, I think they have the worst chance of all. It's going to be a great post season, as besides the cardinals, there is no clear cut favorite.

JayLear 09-29-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They haven't even won the central yet. Of all five of the playoff contenders in the AL, I think they have the worst chance of all. It's going to be a great post season, as besides the cardinals, there is no clear cut favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. They won today, giving them 96 victories. The best Cleveland can do is tie, assuming the sweep the Sox this weekend and win tonight. This scenario would give the White Sox the division by virtue of a better head-to-head record against the Tribe. I also disagree with the rest of your statement, but that's just my opinion. The fact that they have won the division is factually correct.

LoaferGee12 09-29-2005 04:37 PM

Break out the champagne.

johnnybeef 09-29-2005 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. They won today, giving them 96 victories. The best Cleveland can do is tie, assuming the sweep the Sox this weekend and win tonight. This scenario would give the White Sox the division by virtue of a better head-to-head record against the Tribe. I also disagree with the rest of your statement, but that's just my opinion. The fact that they have won the division is factually correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry. i just turned on around the horn, and saw that they won today, i thought they were playing tonight. as for the rest of your statement, they are 9-20 vs the angels, a's, red sox, and yankees. besides spanking the indians early when they were god awful, the white sox have yet to beat anyone, and i think that everyone here knows that the indians that they faced last week and tomorrow are a totally different team then the ones they faced early in the season. i'm not saying that the tribe will dominate in the post season here. i'm just saying that of the 5 teams remaining, the white sox seem like the odd man out.

pokerdirty 09-29-2005 05:23 PM

jbeef, where's the OSU avatar? unacceptable.

JayLear 09-29-2005 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry. i just turned on around the horn, and saw that they won today, i thought they were playing tonight. as for the rest of your statement, they are 9-20 vs the angels, a's, red sox, and yankees. besides spanking the indians early when they were god awful, the white sox have yet to beat anyone, and i think that everyone here knows that the indians that they faced last week and tomorrow are a totally different team then the ones they faced early in the season. i'm not saying that the tribe will dominate in the post season here. i'm just saying that of the 5 teams remaining, the white sox seem like the odd man out.

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd better tune back into Around the Horn. Last I checked, the A's were no longer a "contender".

JayLear 09-29-2005 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd better tune back into Around the Horn. Last I checked, the A's were no longer a "contender".

[/ QUOTE ]
Removing the A's from that equation, which obviously you should, the Sox are 11-5 against the Tribe, 3-4 vs. the Red Sox, 3-3 vs. the Yankees, and 4-6 vs. the Angels. I wouldn't exactly call those numbers dominating in any sense.

Look, I know the Sox have faults. I felt a lot better about them two months ago than I do now. I said last week that the Indians are probably the most complete team left in contention. That's why I hope the Sox help knock them out of the playoffs this weekend. I'll take my chances with any of the others.

B00T 09-29-2005 05:44 PM

I am hoping the Yanks win the east and Boston or Cleveland takes the Wild Card so the Angels can kick the holy hell out of the Yankees.

johnnybeef 09-29-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i plan on it being back at the end of october.

johnnybeef 09-29-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am hoping the Yanks win the east and Boston or Cleveland takes the Wild Card so the Angels can kick the holy hell out of the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

You better start rooting for Boston then. The ChiSox will not be able to play the Indians in the first round. As such, the Angels would have to play someone from the central if it came down to two teams from the central making it.

KDawgCometh 09-29-2005 06:02 PM

You can put it on the board, YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSS

oh man, this is a great day. Its always been hard for me to be a sox fan, I'm from the north burbs of chi-town originally and have followed them since 88. Tis a good day, a very good day

B00T 09-29-2005 06:05 PM

You are right, I am wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

pokerdirty 09-29-2005 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so it will be back on saturday when the indians are out of the race? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

KJS 09-29-2005 10:24 PM

Nice work Sox.

Now please play all your scrubs this weekend.

KJS

johnnybeef 09-30-2005 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so it will be back on saturday when the indians are out of the race? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon

Clarkmeister 09-30-2005 01:40 AM

Congrats to the Sox!

LoaferGee12 09-30-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats to the Sox!

[/ QUOTE ]

TY! I'm still so happy right now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

craig r 09-30-2005 02:53 AM

I know the feeling. I just hope they don't put their scrubs out there against CLE (I am a BOS fan, but have nothing bad to say about CHI..or any team for that manner). Congratulations man!

craig

LoaferGee12 09-30-2005 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the feeling. I just hope they don't put their scrubs out there against CLE (I am a BOS fan, but have nothing bad to say about CHI..or any team for that manner). Congratulations man!

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt they'd do this .. maybe like 1 sub a game. With 3 games left I personally think it's better just to keep your guys playing.

johnnybeef 09-30-2005 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt they'd do this .. maybe like 1 sub a game. With 3 games left I personally think it's better just to keep your guys playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I'd like to see the tribe earn their way in, I don't think that Ozzy will do this. I'm not saying the position players so much, but rather, I don't think that The Indians are going to see too many of The Sox best pitchers in an effort to get them some rest.

JayLear 09-30-2005 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I'd like to see the tribe earn their way in, I don't think that Ozzy will do this. I'm not saying the position players so much, but rather, I don't think that The Indians are going to see too many of The Sox best pitchers in an effort to get them some rest.

[/ QUOTE ]
The rotation for the weekend will remain the same, from what I understand. Buehrle tonight, Garland Saturday, and McCarthy on Sunday. I'd be very surprised to see more than 5 IP from Buehrle and Garland though.

JayLear 10-02-2005 02:43 PM

In case there was any question before today, Brandon McCarthy has a lock on the post-season roster. This guy has been absolutely awesome since being called back up in August.

LoaferGee12 10-02-2005 03:18 PM

Ya but Ozzie won't do it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

JayLear 10-02-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He has to. I don't think there's even a choice.

JayLear 10-03-2005 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe it. You were right. No McCarthy in the first round of the playoffs. I'm shocked by that, especially as shakey a Vizcaino has been lately.

Voltron87 10-03-2005 05:02 PM

this is ozzie at the end of the last regular season game

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...llen100305.jpg

LoaferGee12 10-03-2005 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe it. You were right. No McCarthy in the first round of the playoffs. I'm shocked by that, especially as shakey a Vizcaino has been lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, he's not even coming out of the bullpen?? If that's the case .. I'm speechless. Vizcaino is one of the worst pitchers ever to pitch in all of baseball (little league included).

pokerdirty 10-03-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, was he making fun of his own team, or the indians in cleveland? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

JayLear 10-03-2005 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, he's not even coming out of the bullpen?? If that's the case .. I'm speechless. Vizcaino is one of the worst pitchers ever to pitch in all of baseball (little league included).

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know about all that, but yes I agree. Vizcaino shouldn't be on this roster. Ozzie tried explaining it away by saying that McCarthy wouldn't be available for the early games in the playoffs due to extended action Sunday, but it seems he could have had something to say about that.

JayLear 10-03-2005 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, was he making fun of his own team, or the indians in cleveland? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently he was playing around with the Indians mascot. He was goofing on the Indians. I love Ozzie, but sometimes...

stanky 10-03-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Ozzie will add him to the ALCS roster after we shock Boston. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

JayLear 10-03-2005 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Ozzie will add him to the ALCS roster after we shock Boston. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd be shocked?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]