Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Looking to Stake Online Players! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346932)

jackkingoffsuit 09-29-2005 02:00 PM

Looking to Stake Online Players!

Months ago, I started investing some of my online winnings into other winning players. If you are a winning player, and interested in winning for yourself, by using my bankroll, I will email you all the details.

Brent

RollaJ 09-29-2005 02:31 PM

Re: Looking to Stake Online Players!

Would it be OK if I wanted to sign up, and dump your bankroll to my friend?

steelcmg 09-29-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would it be OK if I wanted to sign up, and dump your bankroll to my friend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me to

gila 09-29-2005 03:28 PM

I avg. $1.35 an hour over 45,000 hands this month at 5/10 and 10/20 6-max. Does that interest you at all?

theben 09-29-2005 03:48 PM

i dominate the play money tables at pokerstars and i have turned 1000 chips into over 5 million! can you stake me?

callydrias 09-29-2005 04:32 PM

I've never played 300/600, but I'd like to try. PM me.

craig r 09-29-2005 04:38 PM

I am assuming this is some kind of scam, but I don't know what it is? Does he ask for your username and password?

craig

B00T 09-29-2005 04:42 PM

Craig will you stake me?

Freudian 09-29-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am assuming this is some kind of scam, but I don't know what it is? Does he ask for your username and password?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't have to be a scam. Occationally we have people who have dreamed up plans of making a lot of money staking great players. What they fail to realize is a) very few great players need to be staked and b) it is very easy to get screwed if you give strangers money on the internet.

CrazyN8 09-29-2005 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dominate the play money tables at pokerstars and i have turned 1000 chips into over 5 million! can you stake me?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, you are good!

Uglyowl 09-29-2005 05:41 PM

I'm a winning player, but have no money, any interest?

I don't get it.

dogmeat 09-29-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a winning player, but have no money, any interest?

I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens in the real world - just like the post a few weeks ago where it was stated (by a college student in a $250 dorm room no doubt) that a couple thousand dollars was plenty of income for anybody. I mentioned then that my nut was $10K a month, and somebody else (probably living in their parent's basement) mentioned that the $10K figure was impossible.

It's possible.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

craig r 09-29-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Craig will you stake me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure! Are you willing to make the jump to the .05/.10 games? Oh, also, you will have to work an extra day.

craig

wateronrock 09-29-2005 06:32 PM

Maybe they are looking to stake players, and collect their unmentionables? Or it could just be a straight up scam?

operaman 09-29-2005 06:52 PM

I currently make 5k/month playing lower stakes poker. I have played as high as 25-50 and am up ~2k at that level.
Personaly I prefer making 300$ one day and $300 the next, instead of making 2k one day and -1.2k the next. I feel I am up to high stakes poker, I am just not up to the trauma of having -1k days since this is what I do for a living.
Pm me if ur interested.

jman220 09-29-2005 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I currently make 5k/month playing lower stakes poker. I have played as high as 25-50 and am up ~2k at that level.
Personaly I prefer making 300$ one day and $300 the next, instead of making 2k one day and -1.2k the next. I feel I am up to high stakes poker, I am just not up to the trauma of having -1k days since this is what I do for a living.
Pm me if ur interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a well respected 2+2 poster with many posts who has been registered for a long time, you should definitely stake him.

FieryJustice 09-29-2005 07:25 PM

If someone wants to stake me to play step 5 highers, ship me some money and I will play them.

operaman 09-29-2005 09:05 PM

So being a well respected poster is a requirement for being a skilled poker player? Its not like I am unwilling to prove my skills to the person offering. (on the off chance it is a legit offer.)

William 09-29-2005 09:32 PM

are you offering to transfer $50 if we accept to play at this new site using your link? and you only want 10% of our winnings? a good deal maybe.... and very original... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

gila 09-29-2005 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played as high as 25-50 and am up ~2k at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG how are you up so much? Did you win TWO hands are something?

operaman 09-29-2005 11:39 PM

I am up 50k this year. I just don't have the balls to play 25-50 with my money. I added the comment about 25-50 to let them know I have played that level and wasn't killed. 2 sessions to be exact. btw if i played 25-50 commonly I wouldn't be interested in someone staking me. What is up with all the neg. comments on this site? Get back to the the study of poker and stop trying to denegrate other people.

TStoneMBD 09-29-2005 11:50 PM

for those confused what this is all about, its probably just another way to market the word "rakeback" but in a much more flashy and attention demanding way.

gila 09-30-2005 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am up 50k this year. I just don't have the balls to play 25-50 with my money. I added the comment about 25-50 to let them know I have played that level and wasn't killed. 2 sessions to be exact. btw if i played 25-50 commonly I wouldn't be interested in someone staking me. What is up with all the neg. comments on this site? Get back to the the study of poker and stop trying to denegrate other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take it personal, it's just that, saying you are up $2000 at 25/50 is saying absolutely nothing, i.e., the statement is meaningless. Saying you are down $2000 would say the same thing. And, then, saying these things, that are, in effect, saying nothing, makes one wonder what exactly you are trying to say; oh yea "I have played that level and wasn't killed". Wow, impressive!

jman220 09-30-2005 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another newbie coming to these boards telling us how he's gods gift to poker and we should all respect him. Yawn.

operaman 09-30-2005 05:03 AM

how exactly am i saying i am gods gift to poker? there are many players better than me. I have also been registered on this site longer than you. I know you need up too 300k hands to have a rock solid reading on your win rate, but 8 hours being up 2k is different than being 8 hours and down 2k at a particular limit. I might not be a winning player at 25-50 but I might be. If i were down 2k the odds of me being a winning player would be much less.

People who are gods gift to poker are making 200k+ a year.
I am just a journeyman working to get better.
Lets move on ,this thread was stupid to begin with.

gila 09-30-2005 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but 8 hours being up 2k is different than being 8 hours and down 2k at a particular limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This difference is sooo slight (as far as if you are a winning player is concerned) that it could be thought of as no difference; that's how close it is.

[ QUOTE ]
I might not be a winning player at 25-50 but I might be. If i were down 2k the odds of me being a winning player would be much less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you are totally wrong here. The ODDS of you being a winning player after being up after eight hours is less than even money; way less--lets say about 12-1 against you being a winning player (not you in particular, but you as the avg. poker player). Now, lets say you lost the 2,000 in the eight hour stetch of 25/50, your odds of being a winning player may have gone all the way up (down) to 11.99998-1 against. So, in this example, I guess you could say you have a .00002-1 better chance of being a winning player if you are up after eight hours vs. if you are down after eight hours. Disclaimer: these numbers could be wAAAy off, BUT, the point is, you have NO idea if you are a winning player or losing player, after eight hours of play.
[ QUOTE ]

Lets move on ,this thread was stupid to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was! And again, I am not trying to rip on you, I am just telling you that this $2000 win at 25/50 over eight hours means so close to nothing that you mays well say that it means nothing. If you are indeed a 5k/month winner, I am really surprised you don't understand that. I guess all I can say is, be careful.

operaman 09-30-2005 07:30 PM

not to quibble, but i would say for the average player:
(I agree the following numbers are quite speculative.)
8h +2000 =winning player chance of ~1/12 (in agreement)
8h -2000 =winning player chance of ~1/150 (not in agreement)
Note: only %3 of online players are winning players over a multi-year period, %5 for single year as I understand from
somewhat reliable sources. I also understand 25-50 is not a normal stake so the ratios may be different as regards to %3 and %5. It seems winning players win at a particular table about %60-%70 of the time. 8 hours is two sessions generaly. so the odds of a winning player losing 2 sessions is about %15 of the time. Even winning players go on tilt so there should be a clumping effect so lets say %20.
%3x.2=%.6 according to my way to thinking. I am assuming a 1k win or loss is typical for a 4 hour session at 25-50. (+200 -200 is a little more than typical for 5-10.)

gila 09-30-2005 11:40 PM

SO, you are tying to tell me, after 320 hands (40 hands an hour X 8 hours) you can have a extremely high indication that the guy up $2000 at the 25/50 table is a better player than the other guy, at the same table, that is stuck for two large? huh. I've never been able to see that in 320 hands, but then, I only play 5/10 and 10/20 so maybe that is my problem. Or maybe I just suck because I often go through 40BB swings, in both directions, several times a day and go through 100BB swings often. But, if you can tell to a high degree if somebody is a winner/loser after 320 hands, or 3,000 for that matter, all power to ya. Good luck.

wonderwes 09-30-2005 11:58 PM

I could use about three fifdee.

IronDragon1 10-01-2005 12:03 AM

i have a feeling those details will include a request to take "tasteful pictures"

10-01-2005 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could use about three fifdee.

[/ QUOTE ]
I need a "I just spat coke all over my keyboard" emote. IJSCOAMK will have to do.

NH

operaman 10-01-2005 01:13 AM

when you set at the table gilla how long does it take for you to evaluate a player as winner or loser. How many players on pt do you have more than 500 hands on? Most people place the stat of how much a player is up or down on the overlay software. If it were meaningless you wouldn't see that, it seems to me. We as poker players make judgements on players at the drop of a hat, because we rarely get stat. meaningfull data.

p.s. I wonder how many hands we have played against each other? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gila 10-01-2005 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when you set at the table gilla how long does it take for you to evaluate a player as winner or loser. How many players on pt do you have more than 500 hands on? Most people place the stat of how much a player is up or down on the overlay software. If it were meaningless you wouldn't see that, it seems to me. We as poker players make judgements on players at the drop of a hat, because we rarely get stat. meaningfull data.

p.s. I wonder how many hands we have played against each other? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes as few as one hand to tell if somebody is a loser, telling if they are a winner would take many more hands. For me, at least, the assumption of their winning/losing ability has nothing to do with how much they are up or down(b/c of the very fact that I don't have enough hands on them). If they are cold calling raises often with middling hands, if they are letting the BB in for one bet instead of three-bettting from the rear, if they are playing any ace, from anywhere, or playing any two suited cards, etc. etc. These are the things that tell me there is a fish present. As for stats, I don't waste space with what they are up/down. I would much rather see their aggresion, their PFR, their VPIP, and really, anything else besides what they are ahead or behind. The only benifit I could see in showing these stats is to get a sense of flow and rhythm but even then, they will not make my front page.

As a side note, just out of curiosity, I looked up the biggest winners on my database. This is all for 5/10//10/20 six max tables and all in the last two months (about 90,000 hands). Here is the top five's VPIP/PFR numbers. They all have between 100 and 351 hands.

1st duh
2nd 60/27
3rd 48/23
4th 26/21
5th 42/13

You see four probable long-term winners. I see, to the best of my ability, one fish, two very bad players, one decent player, and a mirror.

I will claim the top player i've played against out of my 90,000 hands, the 60/27 guy, the man, the machine, the big money winner, is a HUGH loser. You?

operaman 10-01-2005 05:14 AM

You are looking at it all wrong. We all have swings of +-40 units in 8 table hours but frequency and DURATION are dif. for the winning player.)

Lets say the odds of observing you for a RANDOM 8 hour period on a -40 unit down turn = X

divided by

the odds of a typical losing player being observed to have a -40 unit downturn during a RANDOM 8 hour period= Y.

You imply x/y is close to 1, but there is no way these numbers are close to 1. You are focusing on the frequency and not the duration.

If you don't believe me take a small sample yourself. Take your first 4 tables for 1 hour and -10 bb. do the calculation yourself. Most of the time x will be much lower than y.

Ill give you the last word, as I am done with this line.
We can agree we have a different way of thinking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
(btw a -100 unit swing with 8 table hours is really unusual. )

SammyKid11 10-01-2005 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have also been registered on this site longer than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've also been registered on this site a hell of a lot longer than me, too. Yet in all that time, you've posted exactly 18 times (at the time of this posting)...and in the 2+ months I've been registered...I've actually gotten involved somewhat. Who gives a flying monkey how long you've been REGISTERED...you're a donkey. Accept it, quit bothering us, and move on to the next phase of your life.....constant masturbation.

boose_bagina 10-01-2005 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
move on to the next phase of your life.....constant masturbation.

[/ QUOTE ]
you say it like its a bad thing

10-02-2005 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
move on to the next phase of your life.....constant masturbation.

[/ QUOTE ]
you say it like its a bad thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad thing? I see this as +EV. Saves me alot of money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]