Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   most ridiculous call ever... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346403)

r3vbr 09-28-2005 06:39 PM

most ridiculous call ever...

This was amazing, I played exactly as I would with AA KK.

Oh and by the weak way he played I was confident he had QQ. What other hand calls my huge reraise preflop, then just calls the flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (4 handed) converter

Hero ($1113)
BB ($200)
UTG ($242.90)
Button ($1257)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (poster) raises to $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $180</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $120.

Flop: ($390) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $250</font>, Button calls $250.

Turn: ($890) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $683 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $683.

River: ($2256) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $2256

r3vbr 09-28-2005 06:41 PM

Re: most ridiculous call ever...

therefore I push, continuing to represent AA/KK

what you you think about this play

flawless_victory 09-28-2005 06:42 PM

whatd he have? (if QQ then you are on crack)

r3vbr 09-28-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, what's that suposed to mean?

flawless_victory 09-28-2005 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, what's that suposed to mean?

[/ QUOTE ]he has an overpair and gutter in a four handed game w/ 100BB... most ridiculous call ever? hello?

cdxx 09-28-2005 06:50 PM

my guess he has QQ or KK. not AA as i think a lot of people reraise once more pre-flop or the flop. definitely not JJ-TT

cdxx 09-28-2005 06:54 PM

actually i take that back. JJ-TT are possible

r3vbr 09-28-2005 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually i take that back. JJ-TT are possible

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the subject of the post, to make a better guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ulysses 09-28-2005 07:00 PM

Did he have 55?

HoldEmKillah 09-28-2005 07:00 PM

From the tone of the post I'd think he has AJ. But standing alone, it looks like QQ or KK to me and he can't get away from it.

That 3-bet OOP w/AK is bad unless button has been reraising to isolate often. Nevermind OOP, it's bad. If he calls and a K hits (or even an A or both)you are in a horrible spot playing a large pot.

flawless_victory 09-28-2005 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did he have 55?

[/ QUOTE ]haha... this is actually the exact hand i thought of when i read the post...

midget23 09-28-2005 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
therefore I push, continuing to represent AA/KK

what you you think about this play

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the "therefore i push because i think I can get QQ to fold and if not i have 18 or so outs" better.

queenhigh 09-28-2005 07:45 PM

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ?

HoldEmKillah 09-28-2005 07:46 PM

good call.

r3vbr 09-28-2005 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good call.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha that was the best reply so far! pretty funny since i din't yet revealed what he called WITH.

okay heres what he had:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kh Ac (high card, ace).
Button has Qd Qs (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Button wins $2256. </font>

The overpair is irrelevant
considering the ammount I raised preflop, theres not many hands i could have, none of them the "overpair" would do good. I either have AA KK QQ (in this case with the flush draw) JJ TT or AKs or AK.

In all these cases, he has 2, 6 outs, sometimes even drawing dead (if i had AKs and made the flush). On the rare scenario in wich i'd have AK (and play it this way), i'd still have lots of outs from the flush+gutshot. How can that be a good call?

captZEEbo1 09-28-2005 07:59 PM

quit bitching. The reason he calls here with QQ is because people like you are idiots and overplay AK enough of the time that it's not THAT -ev

And you should be HAPPY people are willing to make calls like this. Except next time actually have the goods instead of a bluff.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and by the weak way he played I was confident he had QQ

[/ QUOTE ]
then why are you bluffing dumbass.... no offense, but in NL, you don't make the most money by making unknowns make big laydowns "I put him on the nut boat, but I thought my allin would tell him I had quads and he'd fold, wtf did I do wrong?"

Big_Jim 09-28-2005 08:00 PM

My guess is that you don't really play as tight as you think, and your range is wider here than you give it credit for.

You don't provide us with any reads on either his style or yours in this game.... and he obviously put you on a bluff.

Spike an A next time.

jetsg4 09-28-2005 08:04 PM

isn't a "good" call any call that is made with the best hand? even more so if the play in the hand is consistant with calling a bet that, to the naked eye, looks be be behind? i think there is a HUGE difference between a "good" call and a "right" call.... i think it was played out well, u overplayed your hand and lost, i don't see the big deal

Allinlife 09-28-2005 08:09 PM

what Zeebo said w/o the harsh tone [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

AZK 09-28-2005 08:11 PM

zing!

09-28-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quit bitching. The reason he calls here with QQ is because people like you are idiots and overplay AK enough of the time that it's not THAT -ev

And you should be HAPPY people are willing to make calls like this. Except next time actually have the goods instead of a bluff.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
then why are you bluffing dumbass.... no offense, but in NL, you don't make the most money by making unknowns make big laydowns "I put him on the nut boat, but I thought my allin would tell him I had quads and he'd fold, wtf did I do wrong?"

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, if he knows this player is just as likely to make this move with AK as with KK,AA, then his EV is actually +...

OMG, I tried to sell AA's and the guy didn't believe me, wah wah wah, what a ridiculous thread.

hit_the_set 09-28-2005 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, if he knows this player is just as likely to make this move with AK as with KK,AA, then his EV is actually +...

OMG, I tried to sell AA's and the guy didn't believe me, wah wah wah, what a ridiculous thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going by what your subject line says, I thought the guy made all these calls with 55 or lower!. Oh wait, he called with a worse hand [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

HoldEmKillah 09-28-2005 08:20 PM

I was kidding.

so many donkeys at 400 who just call call call then call some more.

Richie Rich 09-28-2005 09:25 PM

You. Got. Served. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Big_Jim 09-28-2005 10:01 PM

If this is the most ridiculous call you've ever seen.... you haven't been playing long.

This is a bad beat post, but it's also a good example.

PP NL $400

UTG ($350) Limps. MP Limps. SB Completes. I check in BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop ($16): K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB Checks. <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>. <font color="red">UTG Raises to $30</font> <font color="grey">2 folds</font> <font color="red">Hero raises to $70</font>. UTG Calls.

Turn ($155): [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Hero Bets $300 (all-in)</font> UTG calls $275 (all-in).

Turn ($155): [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River ($705): [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Final Pot: $705

Hero shows 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 99922 Full House.
Villian shows K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] KKK99 Full House.

r3vbr 09-28-2005 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is the most ridiculous call you've ever seen.... you haven't been playing long.

PP NL $400

UTG ($350) Limps. MP Limps. SB Completes. I check in BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop ($16): K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB Checks. <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>. <font color="red">UTG Raises to $30</font> <font color="grey">2 folds</font> <font color="red">Hero raises to $70</font>. UTG Calls.

River ($705): [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero shows 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 99922 Full House.
Villian shows K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] KKK99 Full House.

[/ QUOTE ]

incredible beat.. i wanted to see one of these people irl and ask them what were they thinking.. it's hard to understand

thanks for the replies btw..

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

captZEEbo1 09-28-2005 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PP NL $400

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be too surprised that this guy got to showdown with that hand, considering he limped utg with K6s lol

Big_Jim 09-28-2005 10:12 PM

Frankly, I wasn't too shocked. hence the blatant aggression.

creedofhubris 09-28-2005 10:30 PM

Putting in the third raise preflop with ak is rarely a good idea, particularly from the blinds.

That said, you have a large number of outs on the turn and pushing is clearly the best move.

edge 09-28-2005 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
then why are you bluffing dumbass.... no offense

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

James282 09-28-2005 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PP NL $400

[/ QUOTE ]

incredible beat.. i wanted to see one of these people irl and ask them what were they thinking.. it's hard to understand

thanks for the replies btw..

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet bad beat thread guys!
-James

Ulysses 09-29-2005 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Button has Qd Qs (one pair, queens).

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? He had QQ? This thread was about him calling with what was the best hand start to finish, an overpair to the board which also had a straight draw, for an underbet on the flop and turn? I am seriously shocked this guy had a hand better than 77 given the tone of this post.

lapoker17 09-29-2005 01:08 AM

that chintzy flop 3 bet is brutal.

foldem 09-29-2005 01:22 AM

Maybe he say you play this this hand. Personally I would have had a tough time calling with QQ in this spot but to say this is the most ridiculous call ever is a pretty assinine.

Dr. StrangeloveX 09-29-2005 04:40 AM

Hasn't everyone seen someone call a big bet with an underpair to a double paired board where the draws got there?

Like 44 on a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

That is a ridiculous call.

Popinjay 09-29-2005 04:45 AM

AA/KK/AKcc: 13
AK missed: 15

Big_Jim 09-29-2005 04:46 AM

First off... I said it was a bad beat post.

Second off... I was just giving an example of a worse call.

Third off... This whole thread sucks, anyway. Can't really make it much worse.

Big_Jim 09-29-2005 04:47 AM

Yeah... I know.

augie00 09-29-2005 10:50 AM

Your last two posts have made me lol.

"I put him squarely on QQ so I put all my money in, which he's probably going to call, with ace high"

technologic 09-29-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOWNED