Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Blind suicide (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346067)

steelcmg 09-28-2005 09:51 AM

Blind suicide

Figure i would ask this to see how many people would rather be dead then blind.

imported_The Vibesman 09-28-2005 09:52 AM

Re: Blind suicide

Suicide is never the answer, Lane.

diebitter 09-28-2005 09:52 AM

I think a 'castrated or dead' poll would be more revealing.

Shajen 09-28-2005 09:54 AM

suicide is selfish.

steelcmg 09-28-2005 09:58 AM

I probabaly wouldnt kill myself but there is just to many things that i need my eyes for i dont know what i would do with outthem.

Dave G. 09-28-2005 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
suicide is selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expecting someone not to suicide because it might affect you is pretty selfish too.

Shajen 09-28-2005 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
suicide is selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expecting someone not to suicide because it might affect you is pretty selfish too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

09-28-2005 12:02 PM

I think this is one of those questions where the only correct answer is "that depends".

polltard

krazyace5 09-28-2005 12:20 PM

Better question is quadrapalegic or dead. I pick dead.

MINETZ 09-28-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
suicide is selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

suiciding when it affects EVERYONE is around you is selfish

MINETZ 09-28-2005 12:43 PM

but when ur quadrapalegic u can still play online poker...

09-28-2005 12:47 PM

Aside from the occassional feeling of "claustrophobia", I guess...it still beats being dead. I think I would freak out a lot and feel like I was "trapped" in a closet or something without sight, but I'd get used to it.

Things you can still do when blind: Play guitar, listen to sports on the radio (and TV for that matter), shower, take dumps, learn to read braille, play Jeopardy, go swimming, exercise, work out (with machine weights, maybe not free-weights), have sex, drink beer, smoke, play drums, play piano, listen to music, go to church, talk poker-theory, listen to books on tape...there is still a lot you can do. It totally wouldn't be the end of the world, plus anytime you were seen doing something in public, people would tell you how "courageous" you are and how "inspirational" and all that. You would give people hope, and they would respect you, which in turn, would lead to better quality of life.

Bonus: When walking behind fat ladies, you would never have to stare at streched spandex riding up their crevasses, anymore.

MyMindIsGoing 09-28-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
suicide is selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totaly agree, it is up to each person if he/she wants to live or not. [censored] every one else.

steelcmg 09-28-2005 01:09 PM

I seriously could see why Ray Charles did all the drugs he did.

09-28-2005 01:55 PM

Don't be racist.

steelcmg 09-28-2005 01:56 PM

LOL i hope ur joking. because im talking about being blind.

09-28-2005 02:21 PM

I'm kidding.

BTW, Are you diabetic or something? You've mentioned leg-loss and vision loss. Did you just get diagnosed with Diabetes mellitus?

steelcmg 09-28-2005 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kidding.

BTW, Are you diabetic or something? You've mentioned leg-loss and vision loss. Did you just get diagnosed with Diabetes mellitus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Na im fine i just thought i would ask due to a conversation between a friend of mine. It all started because it was dark out and other cars lights where making it hard to see.

09-28-2005 02:27 PM

In any case, I think it's better to lose your legs at the knees than to lose your vision. I'd hate to never be able to play baseball, and stuff like that, but I could still play poker and junk.

steelcmg 09-28-2005 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In any case, I think it's better to lose your legs at the knees than to lose your vision. I'd hate to never be able to play baseball, and stuff like that, but I could still play poker and junk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i felt the same way i would rather never be able to walk again then not be able to see. As long as i could still have use of my Penis and arms still worked i would be ok.

09-28-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as i could still have use of my Penis and arms still worked i would be ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-huh

mikeyp 09-28-2005 04:26 PM

If I went blind now, probably yes. But if I was born blind then probably no because I would not know what I was missing out on.

SpearsBritney 09-28-2005 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
suicide is selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's selfish to bring someone into the world without their prior consent. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

renodoc 09-28-2005 05:21 PM

Dumb poll.

Half of my patients are "blind"-- very very few of them truly have No Light Perception. So you need to define your terms better.

About 0.005% of people even talk about killing themselves in the face of blindness.

09-28-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Half of my patients are "blind"-- very very few of them truly have No Light Perception.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean? That most "blind" people aren't completely "blind"?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!! 09-28-2005 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Half of my patients are "blind"

[/ QUOTE ]

are you an eye doctor?

Wake up CALL 09-28-2005 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dumb poll.

Half of my patients are "blind"-- very very few of them truly have No Light Perception.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could also be construed to mean that all your patients are half-blind.

renodoc 09-28-2005 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
---------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this mean? That most "blind" people aren't completely "blind"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Legal blindness is defined at 20/200 in the better eye. The range of vision between 20/200 and no light perception is huge, as is the range of function in these patients. Most people conjure up an image of a blind person who sees no light in either eye and this just isnt usually the case.

renodoc 09-28-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This could also be construed to mean that all your patients are half-blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about?

renodoc 09-28-2005 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you an eye doctor?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!! 09-28-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you an eye doctor?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[/ QUOTE ]

i was trying to imply that youre not a good doctor and made your patients blind. i sure failed that...