Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What do you do? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345141)

kurosh 09-27-2005 12:16 AM

What do you do?

I wanted to save my carpal tunnel post for something special, but I couldn't think of anything so first, yay, carpal tunnel!

You're 19-22ish and live near your parent's house. You are big and strong. You have a younger brother, 16, and a younger sister, 14. You like them both. Your parents are out of town for the weekend. Your sister has been raising money for one of her friends, who has recently become very sick and needs it for hospital bills.

She calls you and tells you:
The $1000 she has raised so far has been stolen from her room. Your little brother is having a party that night with 9 or so of his friends. They've been drinking and doing some drugs. All of his friends are still there. You're 99% sure one of them stole it.

What do you do? Can violence be avoided with a positive outcome here?

TheBlueMonster 09-27-2005 12:22 AM

Re: What do you do?

doubtful. To much emotion and drugs involved

imported_anacardo 09-27-2005 12:24 AM

I can't see this ending in a successful recovery without a full lock-down, interrogation, and possible beating. I doubt you can afford to lose that grand, so that's just the way it's gonna have to be.

mmbt0ne 09-27-2005 12:25 AM

a) I kick my 16 year old brothers ass for not just drinking and doing drugs, but doing it around his 14 year old sister.
b) You go over and put the house on lockdown. I don't know if you're big and strong, but I'm sure you can do a good enough job handling 10 stoned 16 year olds.

scotty34 09-27-2005 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you can do a good enough job handling 10 stoned 16 year olds.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many stoned 16 year olds...

imported_anacardo 09-27-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you can do a good enough job handling 10 stoned 16 year olds.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many stoned 16 year olds...

[/ QUOTE ]

All of 'em.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!! 09-27-2005 12:40 AM

youre not big and strong lol!

kurosh 09-27-2005 12:43 AM

This isn't about me.

PoBoy321 09-27-2005 12:46 AM

Put the house on lockdown. Get everyone in one room. Beat the living piss out of your brother until he gives up who stole the money, then beat the living piss out of him until he gives up the money.

Rat on your brother to your parents because he's a [censored] scumbag.

MelchyBeau 09-27-2005 12:48 AM

To avoid the violence situation I have an option.

Inform them what the money was for. Then inform them that if the money is not returned you will inform thier parents what is happening. Then figure out a way to allow them to give you the money anonimously.

Then buy a safe.

Melch

kurosh 09-27-2005 12:48 AM

Can anyone think of a non-violent solution? Say you're on probation.

mcb 09-27-2005 12:49 AM

beat the hell out of one of them. set an example. the money will return. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

edit: err nonviolent eh. tell them you are going to call the police. if they think you are joking call the police, tell them you have 9 people at your house and $1000 is missing. the kid who took it will give it back since none of the kids want to get in trouble for drugs/alcohol. when the police arrive tell them the money turned up and to have a good night.

Stuey 09-27-2005 12:51 AM

You go buy some drug on the cheap but something that will make them all pass out. I'm not a drug expert but anyways you get that stuff. Then you go sell it to the kids really cheap or for free and when they pass out you search for the cash.

I'm joking of course. Lock them in the house ask for the money if no one gives it up call the cops. Semi bluff but be prepared to go all the way if they don't fall for it.

imported_anacardo 09-27-2005 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To avoid the violence situation I have an option.

Inform them what the money was for. Then inform them that if the money is not returned you will inform thier parents what is happening. Then figure out a way to allow them to give you the money anonimously.

Then buy a safe.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

This solution seems highly dubious. Your typical teenage stoner A) isn't about to let go of a grand just because Betty Sue needs surgery; B) has parents that probably don't give a flying [censored] one way or another how they spend their time and C) will vanish like the wind the instant you let them out of your sight. A little muscle is probably a necessity here, unless the consequences of a successful suit/case brought against you for whatever you have to do to get the money back are more -EV than writing off that grand.

James Boston 09-27-2005 12:57 AM

Lockdown the house. Either they give the money back, or you call all their mommies and daddies and inform them of what's going on.

imported_anacardo 09-27-2005 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You go buy some drug on the cheap but something that will make them all pass out. I'm not a drug expert but anyways you get that stuff. Then you go sell it to the kids really cheap or for free and when they pass out you search for the cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like what? Chloroform? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

And by no means can you let these kids out of your sight.

tonypaladino 09-27-2005 01:06 AM

I agree with the lockdowns. Get a tire iron or "the club" and get them all in one room. You're gonna have to crack one in the knees to show your serious, then keep poppin kneecaps until one of them owns up or rats.

Stuey 09-27-2005 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right but I just thought of something else.

The waste of skin kid that stole this money would be much more likely to give it back if he can save face while doing so.

So get them all together tell them you want that money back or the cops are getting called. Then send them into your sister’s room one at a time. And say if after they all have been in there the money is not back where it belongs the cops are getting called.

You get the money and the dirt bag kid gets to live to steal another day but hell it is better than explaining this to cops as you are a adult and should not have let them get so messed up on your watch.

I still like the idea of running into the room and chloroforming them all that would be sweet.

MelchyBeau 09-27-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You get the money and the dirtbag kid gets to live to steal anouther day but hell it is better than explaining this to cops as you are a adult and should not have let them get so messed up on your watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't his watch though. He doesn't live in the house, just near it.

Melch

imported_anacardo 09-27-2005 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right but I just thought of something else.

The waste of skin kid that stole this money would be much more likely to give it back if he can save face while doing so.

So get them all together tell them you want that money back or the cops are getting called. Then send them into your sisters room one at a time. And say if after they all have been in there the money is not back where it belongs the cops are getting called.

You get the money and the dirtbag kid gets to live to steal anouther day but hell it is better than explaining this to cops as you are a adult and should not have let them get so messed up on your watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the worst play, but how do you keep the kids from bailing as soon as they hear the word "cops?" They'll all get cited for possession as-is. No, I have a hard time seeing this not ending in heads being gone-upside.

Voltron87 09-27-2005 01:25 AM

turn up the ice cube, grab a weapon, maybe get a friend for backup and corner all the kids. then be a badass. if theyre teenagers just yell loud enough and if you threaten them and look mean theyll crack. then set up some way where they can give it back anonymously.

Eurotrash 09-27-2005 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
turn up the ice cube, grab a weapon, maybe get a friend for backup and corner all the kids. then be a badass. if theyre teenagers just yell loud enough and if you threaten them and look mean theyll crack. then set up some way where they can give it back anonymously.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this idea, but if I may suggest a theme, you should go with Geto Boys - Still. bring a baseball bat.

09-27-2005 01:39 AM

Just phone up each of their parents, the truth will come out

imported_anacardo 09-27-2005 01:42 AM

How do you propose to do this? Herd 'em all into the sister's room, bar the door from the outside, go out and keep tabs on the window, and come back in ~10 minutes, expecting the money to be in place? That could work. Point is, they're gonna try and bolt if they can.

DasLeben 09-27-2005 01:45 AM

I think that realistically, you should lock down the house and call the police.

InchoateHand 09-27-2005 02:23 AM

Yah! Way to get your little brother busted, and your parents in trouble with CPS for a little pot! Great idea DasLeben, gee, you aren't as stupid as you suck after all!

DasLeben 09-27-2005 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah! Way to get your little brother busted, and your parents in trouble with CPS for a little pot! Great idea DasLeben, gee, you aren't as stupid as you suck after all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey cool, you made up for that stupid "knock you down a peg" thread you made and failed miserably at a week or so back. Bravo.

InchoateHand 09-27-2005 02:30 AM

Not to Hijack, but I made a thread and never returned to it, because offending moronic three-year olds like yourself isn't quite in my top-ten priorities. Which means I move on as the whim moves me.

And your advice in this thread, objectively, [censored] sucks.

Voltron87 09-27-2005 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to Hijack, but I made a thread and never returned to it, because offending moronic three-year olds like yourself isn't quite in my top-ten priorities. Which means I move on as the whim moves me.

[/ QUOTE ]

still weak dude. you pwned yourself in that peg thread, it was a bad showing.

InchoateHand 09-27-2005 02:32 AM

Hey, that thread had wonderful potential, and just because I never knocked you down a peg (I didn't even read your reply till the next day) doesn't mean you should hold it against me.

I'm a busy man.

PokerBob 09-27-2005 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your little brother is having a party that night with 9 or so of his friends. They've been drinking and doing some drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is wrong with you?

kurosh 09-27-2005 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your little brother is having a party that night with 9 or so of his friends. They've been drinking and doing some drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is wrong with you?

[/ QUOTE ]A lot of things? I don't see what that has to do with anything though? This situation has nothing to do with me. The guy doesn't have control over what his little brother does either.

Stuey 09-27-2005 03:10 AM

Hey what about finding the snitch!

When I was that young we all new who the thieving kids were. We just never want to be the snitch that told. But in every group there is a snitch.

I turn up the heat really high on the little brother without alerting the other kids. If the little brother does not know who took it he will tell you who is the most likely to have done it and who is the most likely to know and be willing to spill the beans on the thief.

Just an idea.

Running into the room and chloroforming them all would still be the coolest though.

Dave G. 09-27-2005 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Calling the police and locking down the house is the only way to resolve it non-violently and have a reasonable chance of success. If any of them bolt that money isn't coming back, so you need some kind of backup, you aren't going to be able to take care of 10 people by yourself unless you start cracking some skulls (which goes against the whole non-violent thing).

As for getting your brother busted, tough [censored] I say. If he's that irresponsible to be doing drugs and drinking around his little sis, he needs a serious kick up the ass. A visit from the cops could be the thing that sets his life straight, rather than having it devolve into a drug dominated existence. I'm all for sticking up for flesh and blood, but sometimes, a kick up the ass is the only thing that'll work, and the people we love are the people we should most care about kicking up the ass when they need it.

Screw your brother. Think about your little sis.

imported_anacardo 09-27-2005 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Calling the police and locking down the house is the only way to resolve it non-violently and have a reasonable chance of success. If any of them bolt that money isn't coming back, so you need some kind of backup, you aren't going to be able to take care of 10 people by yourself unless you start cracking some skulls (which goes against the whole non-violent thing).

As for getting your brother busted, tough [censored] I say. If he's that irresponsible to be doing drugs and drinking around his little sis, he needs a serious kick up the ass. A visit from the cops could be the thing that sets his life straight, rather than having it devolve into a drug dominated existence. I'm all for sticking up for flesh and blood, but sometimes, a kick up the ass is the only thing that'll work, and the people we love are the people we should most care about kicking up the ass when they need it.

Screw your brother. Think about your little sis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely spot-on. Don't bitch because you got pwned in some random thread.

The Goober 09-27-2005 04:12 AM

If your parent's house doesn't have a lot of exits and you can call in some favors from some equally big and strong friends, then call up said friends and have them secretely guard the exits. Start asking around about the money and making kids empty their pockets (start with the ones most likely to be compliant). The first one to bolt will most likely be the theif, and your friends can tackle him on the way out (they should be able to do without really hurting him).

SGS 09-27-2005 04:16 AM

One thing that is for sure is no one is leavin til something is figured out.

SGS

PokerBob 09-27-2005 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is wrong with you?

[/ QUOTE ]A lot of things? I don't see what that has to do with anything though? This situation has nothing to do with me. The guy doesn't have control over what his little brother does either.

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy is a retard. there is one simple rule of adolescence: go to parties, do not have them