Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I feel dumb (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344738)

yvesaint 09-26-2005 02:58 PM

I feel dumb

2/4 full-ring, Prima. Villain has 400, I cover. He seems average, nothing special.

Folded to me on the button, I raise to 16 (standard) with 3h4h. Villain calls in the SB.

Flop (36): As 2s Kx

Villain checks, I bet 30. He calls.

Turn (96): Qx

Check, check.

River (96): 5s

Villain bets 45

TheWorstPlayer 09-26-2005 03:12 PM

Re: I feel dumb

Raise and fold to 3-bet.

Simplistic 09-26-2005 03:14 PM

what do you like raising to?
I prefer call here, you're not going to get called by anything you beat.

sirpupnyc 09-26-2005 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise and fold to 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, except this is the PL/NL forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RicktheRuler 09-26-2005 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise and fold to 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, except this is the PL/NL forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't mean the villain can't put in a third bet.

RicktheRuler 09-26-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you like raising to?
I prefer call here, you're not going to get called by anything you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? I bet A5 would call--to name one.

Isura 09-26-2005 11:55 PM

I'd raise to about 125 and fold to a push. Two pair and 22 call you here, and he'll reraise most flush hands.

TomBrooks 09-27-2005 09:21 AM

Preflop: just call.

Flop: just check

Turn: good

River: bet too big, especially since it's a spade. If it's called your beat. If you ahead, you won't get called.

vanHelsing 09-27-2005 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Booo!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Boooooo!

[ QUOTE ]
River: bet too big, especially since it's a spade. If it's called your beat. If you ahead, you won't get called.

[/ QUOTE ] Huh? Hero is yet to act.

jjacky 09-27-2005 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: good

[/ QUOTE ]

if the river bet was too big, there is no reason for hero to feel bad about it. it isn't fair to blame him for a possible mistake that villain made, is it? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

yvesaint 09-27-2005 09:36 AM

Yeah, so I hit call and felt really, really stupid about it, because I could probably get at least 80-100 more if I raise from 2-pair hands.

He showed AQo.

TheWorstPlayer 09-27-2005 09:54 AM

I win. Heads up, don't worry about the hands that beat you until there is overwhelming evidence that you are beat. Also don't underestimate the propensity of opponents to call when you are heads up. I wouldn't be surprised here if he were to call a raise with just top pair. Definitely he will call with two pair or a set.

TomBrooks 09-27-2005 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Booo!

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think low suited connectors work well as stealing hands. High cards take on added value shorthanded and these kinds of hands have reduced value shorthanded.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Booo!

[/ QUOTE ]
With an Ace and a King and a two flush board on the flop, hero may be behind and drawing to four or perhaps only three non-flush outs. This seems like a pretty long shot semi-bluff, but since Hero showed that he liked his hand a lot preflop, perhaps he can get any Ax or worse to fold.

However, Villian may be suspicious of a continuation steal bet and not fold too easily if he's got one of those high cards. Having a feel for the opponent probable reaction and an awareness of how Villian percieves Hero is important here, and I don't know what those are. This is close to one of the few good flops Hero could have hoped for though, so maybe firing a shot here is warrented. It's a little thin though and I think these kind of low suited connectors tend to get you into these kind of thin spots often.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River: bet too big

[/ QUOTE ] Huh? Hero is yet to act.

[/ QUOTE ]Opps, I got mixed up and thought Hero bet. I like only calling the river as Villian may well have the flush.

yvesaint 09-27-2005 07:21 PM

I don't know - the weak river bet looks just like that, a weak river bet. It seems like he wants to showdown his hand, and I think I can safely raise to 120 and fold to a 3-bet. 2-pair, set, all call the raise.

swolfe 09-27-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think low suited connectors work well as stealing hands. High cards take on added value shorthanded and these kinds of hands have reduced value shorthanded.

[/ QUOTE ]open limping anything on the button is a crime. this is a perfectly good stealing hand...two live cards.

[ QUOTE ]
With an Ace and a King and a two flush board on the flop, hero may be behind and drawing to four or perhaps only three non-flush outs. This seems like a pretty long shot semi-bluff, but since Hero showed that he liked his hand a lot preflop, perhaps he can get any Ax or worse to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]The A and K make this a perfect flop to make a continuation bet steal. If the blind defended with a mid pocket pair or the like, they're going to fold since you can expect a Button open raiser to have an A a lot of the time. Even if they have a K, they may fold because of the A.

To the OP, perfectly played to the river. I'd raise the river to $135.