Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   LC: How do you play AK? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343490)

Dr_Jeckyl_00 09-24-2005 02:54 PM

LC: How do you play AK?

I was wondering how you play AK. AK often cost me a lot of money.

1C5 09-24-2005 03:12 PM

Re: LC: How do you play AK?

Bad poll.

Can be summed up in 2 words.

It depends.

That is the one choice your poll is missing.

EDIT: cool avatar so you are forgiven. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

KingDan 09-24-2005 03:14 PM

Checkraise preflop.

This poll is too situation dependant, and AK/AQ on missed flops early is a difficult situation.
With AK if I raise pf and its two or 3 handed I will generally follow up one bet the size of my original PF raise as a continuation bet.

valenzuela 09-24-2005 03:56 PM

youre poll sucks , in the first question I can only choose one answer.

pooh74 09-24-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad poll.

Can be summed up in 2 words.

It depends.

That is the one choice your poll is missing.

EDIT: cool avatar so you are forgiven. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

pooh74 09-24-2005 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering how you play AK. AK often cost me a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The extistence of the poll is the antithesis to the correct answer.

Degen 09-24-2005 04:29 PM

far too simplistic

do a search for adanthar's 'quick and dirty ak guide' or something like that...its a very good place to start

09-24-2005 08:33 PM

Position is a huge factor playing AK post flop. Especially if you are betting at a pot with only ace high.

wickss 09-24-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me see if I get this straight. The correct answer of "how should you play AK early in a tourney" is: "Do not let a poll exist."

nortonmalc 09-24-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me see if I get this straight. The correct answer of "how should you play AK early in a tourney" is: "Do not let a poll exist."

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me see if I get this straight. You are incapable of interpreting anything in anything other way than the exact literal meaning.

pooh74 09-25-2005 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ehem...cute...my point is that no poll could possibly capture anything helpful to such a general question. Its sheer extistence is more unhelpful than helpful because being devoid of knowledge on the subject makes you better off than following the majority on the poll (or minority).

Yes, awkward...but, "do not let the poll exist... and people will play AK better because they will incorporate the ever-changing variables of the game they are in and block out the misguidance of the poll which ignores the innumerable contexts possible for this hand"

Thats why we post hands...noob

Ogre 09-25-2005 03:22 AM

this poll sucks and there is no "use pattern mapper to find out if you flop an A or K" option

09-25-2005 03:31 AM

Can some one tell me how to check raise preflop? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

vinyard 09-25-2005 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do a search for adanthar's 'quick and dirty ak guide' or something like that...its a very good place to start

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. My comfort level with playing AK (early)has grown considerably thanks to that post by adanthar. Its not definitive but of any of the "great" posts by respected 2+2ers its the one I have found clearly the most useful. Well thought out and well-written.

Here's the link: Adanthar's post

FWIW, I think all posts re: how do you play X? should have an option for Poorly.

Maulik 09-25-2005 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. My comfort level with playing AK (early)has grown considerably thanks to that post by adanthar. Its not definitive but of any of the "great" posts by respected 2+2ers its the one I have found clearly the most useful. Well thought out and well-written.

Here's the link: Adanthar's post

FWIW, I think all posts re: how do you play X? should have an option for Poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

get AK HU. then you can begin to make a c-bet with it, otherwise you're looking at lots of trouble in a multiway pot and you're better off c/folding if you miss.

09-25-2005 02:41 PM

I guess the solution is to limp and flop QJT AAA KKK or AAK and then take it down

wickss 09-25-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So let me see if I get this straight. You are incapable of interpreting anything in anything other way than the exact literal meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]
So let me get this straight. You are saying that this statement was ment to be figurative? If so, how did you arrive at such a conclusion? I personally believe that this statement was meant to be taken literally. However, I think that it was misstated.