Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Brain or Bimbo (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343432)

mslif 09-24-2005 12:32 PM

Brain or Bimbo

Guys, this one is for you. I recently had a debate about this.Assume you're looking for an at least semi-serious relationship with a woman. You're not just looking for an easy lay. For a relationship, would you rather have a very smart woman or a dumb bimbo?

jdl22 09-24-2005 12:34 PM

Re: Brain or Bimbo

This question is pretty absurd and the answer should be obvious. None the less I suspect the first choice will get way too many votes.

jakethebake 09-24-2005 12:35 PM

Easily the bimbo. Who wants a less good-looking girl that just wants to debate all the time? I'll take the one that will keep her mouth shut and look good.

IggyWH 09-24-2005 12:36 PM

This poll should only have 1 choice as the answer is obvious.

Mason Hellmuth 09-24-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Average smart girl

[/ QUOTE ]
And it's not close.

Edit: The smart girl can still cook, right?

mslif 09-24-2005 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Average smart girl

[/ QUOTE ]
And it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes she actually knows how to use the stove [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jakethebake 09-24-2005 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the girls' blow job skills equal as well?

Clarkmeister 09-24-2005 12:38 PM

What if you rated personality/intelligence on a 1-10 scale and looks on a 1-10 scale. And you had 13 "points" to spend. How would you spend them?

touchfaith 09-24-2005 12:40 PM

I'll take the wicked smart chick anyday.

jakethebake 09-24-2005 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you rated personality/intelligence on a 1-10 scale and looks on a 1-10 scale. And you had 13 "points" to spend. How would you spend them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good, Clarkmeister. But you can't put personality & intelligence together.

Some people like dumb/compliant as a good personality.

mslif 09-24-2005 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking about me personally?

Clarkmeister 09-24-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to. Lots of intelligent but irritating people and lots of personable but dumb people.

I guess we could have 3 scales, but then the value of the points becomes a little more difficult. I think the looks vs personality/intelligence is roughly equivalent, but if we had 3 categories, I think the looks points would become more "valuable". Maybe not. Sounds like a good thread if we can hammer out these ideas.

Clarkmeister 09-24-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking about me personally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just thinking out loud.

Dominic 09-24-2005 12:44 PM

I can teach the dumb girl things. And she'll still be hot.

jakethebake 09-24-2005 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to. Lots of intelligent but irritating people and lots of personable but dumb people.

I guess we could have 3 scales, but then the value of the points becomes a little more difficult. I think the looks vs personality/intelligence is roughly equivalent, but if we had 3 categories, I think the looks points would become more "valuable". Maybe not. Sounds like a good thread if we can hammer out these ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my edit. Some people think dumb is a good personality trait. A hot compliant idiot is a good thing.

jakethebake 09-24-2005 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!

cardcounter0 09-24-2005 12:45 PM

which one has the biggest tits?

mslif 09-24-2005 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This question is pretty absurd and the answer should be obvious. None the less I suspect the first choice will get way too many votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too absurd if you read some of the answers given

mslif 09-24-2005 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But what about having someone who actually stimulates you intellectually?

Clarkmeister 09-24-2005 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my edit. Some people think dumb is a good personality trait. A hot compliant idiot is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe just remove the personality from the system then since most obviously would never be with someone who has an intolerable personality?

jakethebake 09-24-2005 12:53 PM

I'm betting that >half the guys that want relationships would forget that for a night if they met at the smae bar one night both a dumb 10 that wanted to [censored] them blind and a smart 5 that wanted a relationship.

touchfaith 09-24-2005 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting that >half the guys that want relationships would forget that for a night if they met at the smae bar one night both a dumb 10 that wanted to [censored] them blind and a smart 5 that wanted a relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe you're just shallow.

jakethebake 09-24-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe you're just shallow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe but at least I'll be sleeping with a hot girl, not being nagged by the smart one for eternity.

miajag81 09-24-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easily the bimbo. Who wants a less good-looking girl that just wants to debate all the time? I'll take the one that will keep her mouth shut and look good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think of a bimbo as more likely to be constantly talking (and constantly talking about stupid nonsense) than a smart chick.

jakethebake 09-24-2005 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think of a bimbo as more likely to be constantly talking (and constantly talking about stupid nonsense) than a smart chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I was thinking the compliant variety of bimbo. Just tell her to shut up. I don't need a girl that will actually win arguments.

Clarkmeister 09-24-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I was thinking the compliant variety of bimbo. Just tell her to shut up. I don't need a girl that will actually win arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many bimbos have you been with? They do tend towards highly irritating.

jakethebake 09-24-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well just don't keep them around long ewnough for that.

Clarkmeister 09-24-2005 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well just don't keep them around long ewnough for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This all sounds like theory.

jakethebake 09-24-2005 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This all sounds like theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing about the other side of this argument. In theory, you find a smart girl that really shallenges you intellectually and fulfills you. blah blah blah

tdarko 09-24-2005 01:14 PM

i think the answer depends on how smart you are.

Dave G. 09-24-2005 01:27 PM

I need some kind of intellectual stimulation if we're talking about a relationship. I can't see myself being fulfilled by someone whose idea of a great conversation is her babbling on about how her new nail polish matches her bag so well. She doesn't have to be a rocket scientist, but I really can't see myself comitting anything even remotely serious towards someone who I must constantly explain things that are trivial from my perspective.

Dave G. 09-24-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. Can I have more points please? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'd go with 7 personality/intelligence and 6 looks.

MrWookie47 09-24-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe just remove the personality from the system then since most obviously would never be with someone who has an intolerable personality?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I think that dumb chicks tend to be more likely to have irritating personalities. They very often talk too much, and even if you can convince them to be quiet, too often they'll pipe in with something that just wants to make you hang your head and cry.

What about a scale that might be looks from 1-10 and redefine the intelligence/personality scale to "how well you two interact socially/intellectually." On that scale, 1 is someone who constantly annoys you, 5-6 is someone you just don't interact with much, and 10 is brilliant, bright, and witty.

09-24-2005 01:50 PM

stimulate me intelectually????

Clarkmeister's avatar is stimulating me right now!

Pirc Defense 09-24-2005 02:00 PM

My fantasy through high school and college was to date the editor of the Harvard Law Review (provided it was a she, mind you).

I chose option two.

mslif 09-24-2005 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My fantasy through high school and college was to date the editor of the Harvard Law Review (provided it was a she, mind you).

I chose option two.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

asofel 09-24-2005 02:17 PM

I'll take both [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But to answer the questiron, I can't imagine having a relationship with someone who didn't stimulate me intellectually.

GuyOnTilt 09-24-2005 02:19 PM

Definitely average and smart. I've only met one girl in my whole life that I've gotten along well with, been attracted to, and have been able to relate to on an intellectual level. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

GoT

Clarkmeister 09-24-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely average and smart. I've only met one girl in my whole life that I've gotten along well with, been attracted to, and have been able to relate to on an intellectual level. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Arwen?

GuyOnTilt 09-24-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Arwen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Engrish?

GoT