Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Official Ed Miller Bachelor Party Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342519)

Luv2DriveTT 09-23-2005 01:23 AM

Official Ed Miller Bachelor Party Thread

THE DETAILS:

WHAT: Ed Miller’s Bachelor Party

WHEN: Saturday October 15th

WHERE: 38 West 38th street, 5th floor, New York CITY Magazine

WHY: Debauchery. Pure unadulterated debauchery.

DETAILS: Private party to start right after Ed’s book signing event at the Satellite Club at 6:30PM SHARP. Alcoholic beverages and exotic dancers for Ed’s pleasure and our amusement will be provided.

FUNDING: We need to raise a minimum of $1,500 to cover the remaining expenses. I am asking that donations of $50 be made for those who wish to attend, or$25 for those who wish to contribute for Ed’s “gift” but cannot attend. To ensure complete accountability, I ask that each person who donates respond to the “Official Ed Miller Bachelor Party Donation Fund” post with the amount of their contribution.

PERMISSION: Yes, Ed’s fiancé has given her permission for Ed to attend. She may rue the day she agreed to this!

DONATIONS: Currently we are accepting donations via Neteller or Paypal. To help pay for Ed’s travel expenses as well as numerous exotic dancers. Other options will be made available if found to be feasible. Please PM me with your name, amount of donation, and email address attributed to your Neteller or Paypal account. Remember to post “Official Ed Miller Bachelor Party Donation Fund” post with the amount of your contribution to assure complete accountability. If you wish to donate via a player transfer at Pokerstars please PM me for details.

NETELLER: transfer funds to smcloughlin@themusicincubator.com
PAYPAL: transfer funds to ttpoker@gmail.com

EXCESS DONATIONS: Excess donations above our goal of $1,500 will be used to buy the future Mr. and Mrs. Miller a wedding gift, to be determined by nomination at the bachelor party.

WHAT ABOUT POKER?: Yes… there will be lots of poker for those who want to play, and for those who just want to party, that option is available as well. I suspect a Sunday morning road trip will occur to Atlantic City for those who are interested.

TRAVELING?: I have been contacted by numerous 2+2’ers who are traveling cross country for this special event (it’s not every day that Ed gets married), looking for advice on lodging. I recommend using Travelaxe to find the best possible prices (thanks Brad!).

TIPS: To make things easy, the exotic dancers will accept tips in the form of chips! Cool eh?

B Dids 09-23-2005 01:36 AM

Re: Official Ed Miller Bachelor Party Thread

I have donated 25 bucks. I am first, I win.

whiskeytown 09-23-2005 01:45 AM

can you believe I'm SERIOUSLY considering coming to this...LOL - NYC did rock big [censored] time...

though I'm hesitant to actually recommend it, I see my package that I am TENATIVELY pricing out to my old hotel is running about $675 for 4 days - that includes airfare and hotel -

my hotel was no frills in NJ (lots of airline folks stay there on layover) - but hell, all we're gonna do is friggen sleep for 3 hrs anyways....

and it's a block from that PATH train - it'll take you right into NYC - worked well last time I was there...

I may do this, and skip out on AC - that town was hard on me..

RB

brettbrettr 09-23-2005 02:37 PM

I"m in for $50.

JoshuaD 09-23-2005 04:32 PM

I'm most likely in. I'll send the money and post again when I know for sure.

brettbrettr 09-24-2005 12:32 AM

Paid in almost full. I owe you and Ed $1. Damn fees.

brettbrettr 09-24-2005 12:34 AM

I'll put this out there for you and others:

if you need a place to crash, my place is only slightly ghetto. I'm in "East" Williamsburg, though some call it Bushwick. I recently took a cab ride to the airport through Bushwick though, and I have to say that I really do live in East Williamsburg.

Luv2DriveTT 09-24-2005 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you need a place to crash, my place is only slightly ghetto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to be closer than Moratti's! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

brettbrettr 09-24-2005 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if you need a place to crash, my place is only slightly ghetto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to be closer than Moratti's! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

closer != safer.

whiskeytown 09-24-2005 01:24 AM

a decent hotel you could stay at in Jersey City

guys, I'm not gonna make it....Love and kisses to all that debauchery...

when I was in NYC I stayed at a Ramada Limited over in Jersey City - it was a block (a long block though) from the Journal Square Station, and that PATH train will take you into the WTC -

it worked great when I was there - and it's cheap - a bit of a Soprano's vibe around there, but essentially - a good hotel - used a lot by airlines for layovers for their pilots - very lo frills -

you can find it on Expedia.com - anyone on a budget get one of the two bedroom rooms and split with folks...

that's my recommendation - if I was gonna go again, and wanted a cheap place to stay, I'd stay there...

and you can take the train from the airport to Journal Square easy...and on into Manhattan.

TT saw the hotel and the neighborhood - it was fine for our purposes - you'll only be there 2 hrs. the whole weekend anyways.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB

Francis Begbie 09-24-2005 03:31 AM

The way I see it, Ed owes me money.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

smokingrobot 09-24-2005 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Debauchery. Pure unadulterated debauchery.

[/ QUOTE ]

dem's some magic words.

im in and will post and donate once i fund my neteller account.

also if anyone in philadelphia and wants a ride to new brunswick train station, let me know via PM as i have an outstanding parking ticket from november of 2003 in NYC and i dont think it would be wise to park on the street there.

i can fit 3 somewhat comfortably. 4 and it gets a little cramped. and if anyone who wants a ride can bring a radar detector for the drive up the turnpike, that would be sweet too.

radek2166 09-24-2005 04:35 PM

25 sent. Enjoy boys!!!

StevieG 09-24-2005 08:00 PM

TT-

You need a thermometer, or tally board, or something. Maybe something like Major League where every time they win the coach pulls more clothes off that poster of the owner.

Do that, and I'm in.

Luv2DriveTT 09-24-2005 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT-

You need a thermometer, or tally board, or something. Maybe something like Major League where every time they win the coach pulls more clothes off that poster of the owner.

Do that, and I'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are a little over $700 including $75 in pledges that haven't come in yet. When the fund raising drive is done, I'll post all the donator's with the amounts they contributed unless they specifically ask me not to tel anyone (quite a few modest 2+2'ers asked me to keep it quiet).

PS: I hope your in for Ed, not the thermometer!

StevieG 09-24-2005 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS: I hope your in for Ed, not the thermometer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, but I respond to a feedback loop like any other mammal.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3144/ratexp3xd.gif

Instinct 09-26-2005 04:41 AM

This Rocks.
Sounds like a blast of poker fun mixed in with some solid partying.
NY NY NY.
Please pm to remind me iof function.

StevieG 09-26-2005 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
sure, TT'll get right on that

Luv2DriveTT 09-26-2005 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a personal assistant, PM yourself or visit this thread again.

GrunchCan 09-26-2005 05:06 PM

$25 sent via neteller. Ironically, I'll be in Vegas when this happens. Guess I'm not buying Ed that beer...

09-27-2005 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alcoholic beverages and exotic dancers for Ed’s pleasure and our amusement will be provided.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not an alcoholic. Will there be any beverages there for me?

Oh, wait, nm, I live in Canada, can't make it.

Congrats anyway! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DavidC 09-29-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a personal assistant, PM yourself or visit this thread again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Write it down on your fridge or something.

benkath1 10-01-2005 01:44 PM

$25 donation. Have a g00t time guys.

Luv2DriveTT 10-01-2005 02:37 PM

some stuff...

1) A few notables are flying in from the West Coast for this crazy weekend. There has been a request to coordinate a Friday night game of some sort followed by a late night out on the town. Anyone want to join, and if so please post your recommendations.

2) I have gotten tons of PMs and phone calls from people who plan on attending, but can't confirm until the week of due to family, school midterms, work, or gambooling addiction (you know who you are [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ). I am trying to get the donation process complete before the event so we have time to get a gift if we go over the goal, and I have to pre-pay for most of the festivities. So please donate early, it makes planning this much easier.

3) I've raised the goal to 2K, because the exotic dancer service we will be using is more expensive than anticipated. For those who are wondering we just passed the $900 mark in collected funds, plus $200 worth of pledges that have not been received yet.

4) QUESTION - How much do you tip 4 strippers after a bachelor party?

5) I had a mystery donation from Robert Richardson on September 23rd. Robert if you are out there, please send me a PM so I know who you are. Thanks for your generosity.

6) Please remember to send me a PM after you donate.. thanks!

tonypaladino 10-01-2005 03:37 PM

$50 paypal'd

will be there.

chopchoi 10-02-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how satisfied you are with the service. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm in for $50.

Luv2DriveTT 10-02-2005 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how satisfied you are with the service. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm in for $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets assume the service is average [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Bubu 10-03-2005 10:31 PM

Hi,

I just made the transfer and plan to attend. I'm also up for a trip to AC on Sunday and might be able to attend Friday's preparty.

Luv2DriveTT 10-04-2005 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I just made the transfer and plan to attend. I'm also up for a trip to AC on Sunday and might be able to attend Friday's preparty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, please send me a PM to verify who you are when the Neteller amount is transfered.

Speaking of which, BRANDON BATES & PATRICK FLYNN - please pm me with your email addresses so I can attribute your donations to you.

Thank you everyone... including $200 in uncollected pledges, we are now at the $1,275 mark.. thats $750 short of our minimum goal. Now that the event is less than 2 weeks away, those of you who hope to attend but cannot confirm until the last minute please notify me via PM so I can keep a projection running.

Thanks in advance to everyone who donated... this is going to be an amazing party for Ed!

ActionBob 10-04-2005 04:41 PM

I will certainly try to make this. I'll have a definitive answer later in the week.

-ActionBob

Luv2DriveTT 10-04-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will certainly try to make this. I'll have a definitive answer later in the week.

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]

Its never a party without you Bob, hope you can make it!

True story - Tank IM's me after your big win, saying "I thought Bob was the reason why we lost at Bunkfest. Now I'm beginning to think I was wrong" - classic!

bugstud 10-04-2005 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]

True story - Tank IM's me after your big win, saying "I thought Bob was the reason why we lost at Bunkfest. Now I'm beginning to think I was wrong" - classic!

[/ QUOTE ]

can we get another tag tourney? the faaaaaaaaaantastic invitational? that might coerce me to even make the trip

Luv2DriveTT 10-05-2005 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can we get another tag tourney? the faaaaaaaaaantastic invitational? that might coerce me to even make the trip

[/ QUOTE ]

no comment. The room is "officially" an event space.

Cough cough.... parden me, I must have something in my throat. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Luv2DriveTT 10-05-2005 11:29 PM

Donation Update: We now have 1.4K (assuming the $200 in outstanding pledges come in). We are getting closer to the goal of 2k, those of you who are planning to attend but haven't kicked in yet please contact me so I am aware of your intentions.

Ulysses 10-05-2005 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on whether or not they will be sticking around to make extra tips from those attending the party. How much time are you expecting them to stick around?

Luv2DriveTT 10-06-2005 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on whether or not they will be sticking around to make extra tips from those attending the party. How much time are you expecting them to stick around?

[/ QUOTE ]

since the party is early, 30 mins-2hours if we keep them entertained. I have then arranged in "waves"... but by 9 they have to go to the next party, these girls have to make their Saturday night $$$$.

I assume the guys will be tipping during the show, and then I tip the entire team based on their additional time spent. Am I correct?

tonypaladino 10-06-2005 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

since the party is early, 30 mins-2hours if we keep them entertained. I have then arranged in "waves"... but by 9 they have to go to the next party, these girls have to make their Saturday night $$$$.

I assume the guys will be tipping during the show, and then I tip the entire team based on their additional time spent. Am I correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, wait, can we really tip chips?
How will i stick a white in her g-string??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Ulysses 10-06-2005 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me and we can discuss in detail. I have too much experience with orchestrating this kind of nonsense.

Luv2DriveTT 10-06-2005 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, wait, can we really tip chips?
How will i stick a white in her g-string??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about g-strings?

MercTec 10-06-2005 10:30 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to mention the sarcasm dripping from that statement. Bob rules at poker.