Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   PokerAce Hud - Version 0.29 Released - UltimateBet Support (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340857)

PokerAce 09-20-2005 04:54 PM

PokerAce Hud - Version 0.29 Released - UltimateBet Support

I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Hud version 0.29.

Download Version 0.29 here:

http://pokeracesoftware.com

PokerAce Hud is a companion application for the PokerTracker online poker hand history tracking application. PA Hud reads the statistics from PokerTracker and places them directly on the poker client window as you play.

What's New in Version 0.29:

# New Feature: UltimateBet support
# New Feature: Can now automatically check the website to see if an update is available
# New Feature: New filtering method: Last X hands
# New Feature: New filtering method: Current session only
# New Feature: New filtering method: Number of players at table
# New Feature: New Stat: Continuation Bet Turn (how often after PFR and flop bet, bets turn)
# New Feature: New Stat: Continuation Raise, Call, Fold
# New Feature: New Stat: Fold to Raise
# New Feature: New Stat: Won SD When Raised Turn, River
# New Feature: New Stat: Icon Description
# New Feature: New Stat: Showdown Information
# New Feature: Table averages stats can now be added to the main table list
# Fixed: PokerStars HH reading problem causing sporadic updates
# Fixed: Party private tables not being recognized as 6 max
# Fixed: Right-click set as 6 max locking problem
# Fixed: William Hill self stats problem (third time's a charm)

There is a tutorial up on the PokerAce Software website that gives detailed instructions on how to configure and use PokerAce Hud. If you are having an issue, please read through the tutorial. Chances are, your issue is addressed in there and you'll likely get things resolved faster than trying to contact me to help you.

If you've experienced problems in the past, please download this version to see if your problem has been fixed, even if it's not mentioned in the list above. Sometimes I fix bugs and forget to mark them on the list. Let me know if your problem still exists in this version. I'm doing my best to get all the bugs squashed as soon as I can.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

Please join the mailing list on the PokerAce Software website to be notified of new releases by email.

smartalecc5 09-20-2005 05:33 PM

Re: PokerAce Hud - Version 0.29 Released - UltimateBet Support

heck yea [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

09-20-2005 05:44 PM

Great!
Has anyone a good PokerStars layout?

MaxPowerPoker 09-20-2005 06:05 PM

Showoff!

gr8vertical 09-20-2005 08:23 PM

Do I need to upgrade from .28 if i dont use UltimateBet?

Zygote 09-20-2005 08:47 PM

i'm using prima and after installing this new version and opening the hud, my prima screen freezes. as i close acehud, the poker screen comes back.

I also noticed in the last version (i'm not sure if this is fixed yet) that in the Prima h/u tables the stats are mostly non-existent. They sometimes flicker on the top right corner of the screen while the player is seated no where near that.

thanks for the software

oreogod 09-20-2005 08:47 PM

Now the Won SD when Raise Turn stat...Im assuming anything above 60 percent on that stat means to watch out...am I correct. What kind of numbers mean what there.

09-20-2005 09:05 PM

i'll continue to use gametime+ because of the "autofetch last 100-400 hands" feature

PokerAce 09-20-2005 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I need to upgrade from .28 if i dont use UltimateBet?

[/ QUOTE ]

There were a lot more changes than just UltimateBet support. Look at the list of changes, then decide if you want to upgrade or not.

If nothing is urgent for you, you may want to wait a few days. It's likely that I will fix a few bugs introduced in this version that will be fixed in a patch release.

LethalRose 09-20-2005 09:33 PM

Awesome. any performance tweaks?

PokerAce 09-20-2005 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm using prima and after installing this new version and opening the hud, my prima screen freezes. as i close acehud, the poker screen comes back.

I also noticed in the last version (i'm not sure if this is fixed yet) that in the Prima h/u tables the stats are mostly non-existent. They sometimes flicker on the top right corner of the screen while the player is seated no where near that.

thanks for the software

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind turning on logging and super logging, reproducing the problem, and emailing the PAHud.log file to pkrace@gmail.com? Thanks.

As for heads up tables, they are currently not supported. I will be adding support for them, but I want to make some changes to the layout manager to make creating and managing layouts a lot easier.

PokerAce 09-20-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now the Won SD when Raise Turn stat...Im assuming anything above 60 percent on that stat means to watch out...am I correct. What kind of numbers mean what there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't done extensive research on the values of this stat. That would be the job of someone with a large database.

PokerAce 09-20-2005 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll continue to use gametime+ because of the "autofetch last 100-400 hands" feature

[/ QUOTE ]

PA Hud will prefetch UB hands for you as well. Read the new tutorial for more information.

PokerAce 09-20-2005 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Performance as in where? Are you experiencing performance problems?

LethalRose 09-20-2005 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Performance as in where? Are you experiencing performance problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

PA worked fine for me til i hit about 300k hands, then it started to slow down a bit. I tweaked the refresh times and all but it still takes a lot longer. After compacting my db etc it still took forever. I made a new DB and linked PA to only 3 of my databases (I had it linked to 20 before) and it works super fast. You may want to look at performance issues when linking several databases which are all over 1gig.

my only real beef with PA so far is im changing displayed stats a lot and its difficult to get them to align up. I also have issues with popup stats coming up when i dont want it to.

PokerAce 09-20-2005 11:00 PM

I have a few users who have very large databases with no slowdowns at all. Are you using PostgreSQL? If not, you should look into it. Also, CPU, memory and Harddrive speed might be factors as well.

Using the Snap to Grid option in the layout manager should help you align stats easier. Popup stats should only appear if you click on a player's name. When you go to a window, do you click on players to give the window focus?

APerfect10 09-21-2005 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PA worked fine for me til i hit about 300k hands, then it started to slow down a bit. I tweaked the refresh times and all but it still takes a lot longer. After compacting my db etc it still took forever. I made a new DB and linked PA to only 3 of my databases (I had it linked to 20 before) and it works super fast. You may want to look at performance issues when linking several databases which are all over 1gig.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

20 Databases and you expect no slowdown? You do realize that for each player, you are making 20 queries on 20 different postgres connections. If you have 8 tables open, thats 8 tables * 10 players * 20 queries = 1600 possible queries. Plus you then have to combine the result sets of each of the 20 queries. Unfortunately, postgres does not allow cross database queries at this point (although it is supposed to be coming in the next version) therefore there is nothing that we can do. Regardless, no matter what Postgres does nor we do, if you are using 20 different database I would expect significant slowdown. 20 databases is completely unnecessary and overkill IMHO, but to each their own.

skaughty 09-21-2005 12:05 AM

I'm getting the stats falling out of order at UB, due to the repositioning of me at the bottom - solutions?

PokerAce 09-21-2005 01:21 AM

It should be adjusting for that. Can you enable logging and super logging and email the PAHud.log file to pkrace@gmail.com? Thanks.

Luv2DriveTT 09-21-2005 01:31 AM

Something is wrong with the color scheme in the popup stats. I can't see them properly anymore.

Speaking of which, please add the ability to change font & color in the pop-up

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PokerAce 09-21-2005 12:08 PM

The popup stats should use the same formatting as the layout, unless you've turned that off. What colors are you using?

flair1239 09-21-2005 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If same sex marriage were allowed in my state, I think I would ask you to marry me.

PokerAce 09-21-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If same sex marriage were allowed in my state, I think I would ask you to marry me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to break your heart, but I'm already married and I don't think my wife would want to share. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Disconnected 09-21-2005 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The popup stats should use the same formatting as the layout, unless you've turned that off. What colors are you using?

[/ QUOTE ]

The same thing happened to me when I upgraded -- the stats became hard to read in popup. I am using the same formatting as the layout, but the layout I've disabled Opaque Background.

The background for popups used to be black (the same color as the background if I enable opaque); with the latest upgrade, the popup background is gray.

Once again, fantastic work. Thanks.

PokerAce 09-21-2005 03:34 PM

I know what is causing this problem and it will be fixed in the next release.

Sniper 09-22-2005 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
# Fixed: William Hill self stats problem (third time's a charm)

[/ QUOTE ]

Still seems to be a problem!

If I may suggest a simple solution... since the problem with WillHill is that the screen name and user name don't match... add a configuration option to PAHud to allow us to enter our willhill screen name [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Keep up the great work!

PokerAce 09-22-2005 01:53 PM

Yeah, William Hill stats are still a problem. Fortunately, I'm working with a user to iron this problem out for good. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll keep it in mind as a last resort.

flair1239 09-23-2005 12:11 AM

Problem with the 10 seat at UB

PAHUD was not displaying stats for the 10 seat tonight.

I tried to shut it down and restart it, but forgot to close the UB HH windows before I restarted, so it locked me up for a bit. So I don't know if that fixed the problems

Don't remember having this problem last night.

PokerAce 09-23-2005 12:20 PM

Re: Problem with the 10 seat at UB

There is a known bug in the UB seating code. I'm going to be putting out a patch release soon that fixes the problem.

I apologize for the inconvenience and hopefully I can get the patch out tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

witeknite 09-24-2005 12:56 AM

I'm not sure what "Continuation Raise, Call, Fold" are. Could you provide some additional explanation? Thanks.

WiteKnite

RunDownHouse 09-24-2005 09:26 AM

First, great software, thanks.

Second, I don't see a way to add a database on another computer. It looks like eits auto detecting databases, but doesn't check other computers on the network. I'd like to be able to use PokerAce on my laptop, but all of my PT/database stuff is on my desktop.

PokerAce 09-24-2005 12:27 PM

Continuation Raise - How often a player raises when facing a bet after raising preflop.

Continuation Call - How often a player calls when facing a bet after raising preflop.

Continuation Fold - How often a player folds when facing a bet after raising preflop.

There is a list of stats and descriptions here:

http://pokeracesoftware.com/hud/tutorial.php?page=stats

PokerAce 09-24-2005 12:28 PM

You will need to follow the steps listed here if you want to access databases that aren't registered with PokerTracker on the computer you want to use PA Hud on:

http://pokeracesoftware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=218