Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   getting the cigar taste out of my mouth (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338797)

gamblore99 09-17-2005 11:12 AM

getting the cigar taste out of my mouth

I like smoking cigars on occasion, but the day or two after my mouth feels disgusting. I always brush and mouth wash a lot but I can't seem to get rid of this disgusting feeling. Anyone had this before? How do I get rid of it.

Vish 09-17-2005 11:15 AM

Re: getting the cigar taste out of my mouth

A day or two after? I've never had the taste last that long... But then maybe it's because I smoke cigars often, and don't notice an aftertaste. Maybe it's the particular cigars you're smoking?

Tron 09-17-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A day or two after? I've never had the taste last that long... But then maybe it's because I smoke cigars often, and don't notice an aftertaste. Maybe it's the particular cigars you're smoking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... Two days sounds kind of ridiculous. I smoke a cigar every few weeks, and I try to make sure to eat a meal and brush my teeth soon after smoking. Usually does the trick for me.

manpower 09-17-2005 01:04 PM

Unfortunately I don't think there's much you can do to help get rid of the taste beyond brushing and listerine. That is, unless you wanna get crazy with it and start doing shots of Frank's Red Hot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The cigar taste rarely lasts beyond the following morning for me, FWIW.

zuluking 09-17-2005 01:26 PM

Try smoking a decent cigar.

http://mdcigars.com/padron.htm

_2000Flushes 09-17-2005 01:32 PM

Stop inhaling.

-2kF

touchfaith 09-17-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like smoking cigars on occasion, but the day or two after my mouth feels disgusting. I always brush and mouth wash a lot but I can't seem to get rid of this disgusting feeling. Anyone had this before? How do I get rid of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it flesh colored? Are you sure there isn't something else you are trying to tell us?

09-17-2005 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the same amount of mouthwash you would use as if you were trying to get that cock-feeling out of your mouth

Ulysses 09-17-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't smoke cigars (maybe 3 or 4 in my life), but a couple of weeks ago I had a really nice expensive Cuban cigar that a friend had brought down from Canada. Three of us smoked the cigars and all of us had that taste in our mouths for a couple of days. It was indeed disgusting.

Edited to add: Romeo y Julieta I'm pretty sure that's the cigar I had. It was really tasty, but I got high as a kite, my legs got all wobbly and $hit and then I ended up puking a little after finishing it. I was pretty zonked out for a couple of hours. It was like I had 800 drinks.

JihadOnTheRiver 09-17-2005 03:58 PM

ElD, you inhaled it didn't you?

Ulysses 09-17-2005 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, yeah. Am I not supposed to?

Vish 09-17-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edited to add: Romeo y Julieta I'm pretty sure that's the cigar I had. It was really tasty, but I got high as a kite, my legs got all wobbly and $hit and then I ended up puking a little after finishing it. I was pretty zonked out for a couple of hours. It was like I had 800 drinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, this is one of the girliest things I've ever heard.

STLantny 09-17-2005 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try smoking a decent cigar.

http://mdcigars.com/padron.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

The padron 1926 Aniv, which I dont particularly like, left a taste in my mouth for a day.

STLantny 09-17-2005 07:01 PM

Oh ya, heres my solution that always seems to work. Do not brush your teeth before you smoke, and always brush after you smoke/listerine too. Eating before/after always helps too.

GuyOnTilt 09-17-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't smoke cigars either so I'm pretty ignorant too, but from what I know/have heard you're not supposed to inhale.

GoT

tonypaladino 09-17-2005 08:26 PM

No, you are not supposed to inhale cigars

draw the smoke into your mouth, hold it and slowly blow out.

Also, toss it after smoking 2/3 of it. The last 1/3 is nasty

miajag81 09-17-2005 08:29 PM

Frankly I'm a little shocked that a wise man who appreciates the finer things in life such as Diablo didn't know this.

09-17-2005 08:48 PM

he's obviously joking

scotty34 09-17-2005 08:53 PM

"I'll have a water"

"I'll have a water too"

"I'll have a Samuel Adams"

"But it's 9:30 in the morning!"

"Yea, but I have to get the taste of weed and hooker spit out of my mouth"

"I'll have a Sam Adams too"

Samuel Adams - Always a good decision.

Mars357 09-17-2005 10:19 PM

Suck your roommate's or buddy's cock?

benfranklin 09-17-2005 11:13 PM

I smoke a cigar about twice a year, and had the same problem. I have found that if I only smoke about half of it or less, the after-taste is not nearly as bad.

I have been told by a cigar smoker that you can smoke one partially, put it out, cut off the end of it, and smoke it again later. I don't know the best way to store said cigar, or the shelf life of a half-smoked cigar. I haven't tried that yet, but I still wouldn't smoke more than about 2/3 of one.

NobodysFreak 09-17-2005 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suck your roommate's or buddy's cock?

[/ QUOTE ]

just when I was about to lose faith in OOT...

Inthacup 09-18-2005 12:04 AM

I have been told by a cigar smoker that you can smoke one partially, put it out, cut off the end of it, and smoke it again later

Don't listen to this guy.

tonypaladino 09-18-2005 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been told by a cigar smoker that you can smoke one partially, put it out, cut off the end of it, and smoke it again later

Don't listen to this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if you want a nast ass smokey bitter cigar, then you can do that. I would say you can only relight a cigar within 10-20 minutes of it going out without destroying the flavor

Jimbo 09-18-2005 12:31 AM

Monica Lewinsky used a blue dress, you might try that next time.

imported_adhoc 09-18-2005 12:51 AM

I think, partly, this is a function of quality, and partly, a function of how robust the tobacco is in the cigar. Cheaply made cigars will deposit all kinds of poison in your mouth and should be avoided; the choice of cigars over cigarettes is usually made for the taste of the tobacco, and the taste of cheap cigar smoke is horrible. Lighter smokes, like most of the smaller light-leafed Connecticut shade wrapper Ashtons, Avos, and some Dunhill cigars will have a less aggressive aftertaste; Padrons, Partagases, darker Montecristos, and similar smokes will leave a taste that can linger for a morning or a day. The more often you smoke, the more you will get used to this, too.

Also, do not store and relight used cigars, this is bad advice and will result in an unpleasant smoke. Cigars are rolled, the better ones carefully, to produce a particular series of sensations when they are smoked - the way a cigar transitions from lighter to spicier notes is part of the experience, and you will lose this by quitting early. Relighting a cigar doubles up on the number of nasty flavors imparted by butane or the sulfur in a matchhead, and if you let the cigar sit around for a day it will go stale and become basically unpalatable. If you can't finish a cigar you should throw out the rest; whatever made your smoke too hard to finish will become many times worse the next day.

Wired Jokers 09-18-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a cat take a dump in your mouth. Same difference.

Jack of Arcades 09-18-2005 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I'll have a water"

"I'll have a water too"

"I'll have a Samuel Adams"

"But it's 9:30 in the morning!"

"Yea, but I have to get the taste of weed and hooker spit out of my mouth"

"I'll have a Sam Adams too"

Samuel Adams - Always a good decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it.

JaBlue 09-18-2005 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's obviously joking

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Ulysses 09-18-2005 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't smoke cigars either so I'm pretty ignorant too, but from what I know/have heard you're not supposed to inhale.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I was out tonight w/ the guys I smoked the cigars with and they told me that there's no way I inhaled because then I would have been coughing like crazy from the start and then would have been near death and the only reason I was so f'd up was because I'm a pu$$y who doesn't smoke cigars. Fair enough, I'll buy that. So, I guess I didn't actually inhale.

wacki 09-18-2005 04:43 AM

I used to inhale. Doesn't bother me. I don't do it anymore though.

ArchAngel71857 12-15-2005 04:51 PM

You could just violently throw up in the bushes so loudly the couple sitting on the other side gets up and moves clear across the patio, simultaneously destroying any chance of hooking up with the hot girl we were with that night.

-AA

kipin 12-15-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been told by a cigar smoker that you can smoke one partially, put it out, cut off the end of it, and smoke it again later. I don't know the best way to store said cigar, or the shelf life of a half-smoked cigar. I haven't tried that yet, but I still wouldn't smoke more than about 2/3 of one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Horrible advice, the cigar will taste awful when you relight it. Never do this. Ever.

CollinEstes 12-15-2005 06:16 PM

I think the best way to get a taste out of your mouth is to eat ginger, like they serve at a Sushi Resturant.

Or just buy a box of these.

http://www.mycigarblog.com/blog/arch...s_anejos-7.jpg

pokerdirty 12-15-2005 06:28 PM

i'm guessing eating pussy would get the cigar taste out of your mouth.

_2000Flushes 12-16-2005 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You could just violently throw up in the bushes so loudly the couple sitting on the other side gets up and moves clear across the patio, simultaneously destroying any chance of hooking up with the hot girl we were with that night.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure there was ever any chance that "we" were going to hook up with that girl.

-2kF

Mr_J 12-16-2005 01:44 AM

I used to pop in an extra and an airwave afterwards. Been told they don't make airwaves anymore, so I subbed in whatever they replaced it with, dunno what it's called.

pokerclack 12-16-2005 02:02 AM

I chew one piece of gum for a minute, spit it out, then chew another one and Im good. Dentyne ice intense is great. When brushing, brush your tongue, then listerine.
Also, the crappier the cigar, the longer a crap taste will be in your mouth.

ArchAngel71857 12-16-2005 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure there was ever any chance that "we" were going to hook up with that girl.

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I had a girlfriend, you had projectile vomit. And you brought Loffi.

-AA