Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   STTF-HUC II: It's coming (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334843)

Irieguy 09-12-2005 02:11 AM

STTF-HUC II: It\'s coming

Since the First Annual Labor Day STTF-HUC was such a huge success, I've decided to run another one sooner than next Labor Day.

The next one will be the First Annual Presidents' Day STTF-HUC. It will be held in Las Vegas over Presidents' Day weekend, which I believe is 2/18-2/20.

This is simply a preliminary post... to let you all know it's coming. The real details will follow within a few weeks. Here are the basics:

1. The format rocked, I think, so it will be the same: double-elimination.

2. I will NOT cap the field at 16. I'm not sure yet what I will cap it at... or even whether or not I will cap it. Since I already have seeding information for 16 players, this tourney will be easier to seed and I don't mind giving first round byes to the best players.

3. There will be 2 levels of buy-in again. I didn't like that going into the first one... but it turned out to be a cool little quirk, and gives a lot of different people a chance to play.

4. The payout will be structured to pay more than 1 spot, probably 3 or 4.

5. Bluetooth can't come. (which shouldn't bother him too much since all the best SNG players in the world do is talk about OT stuff anyways.)

Much more to follow. I already can't wait.

Irieguy

raptor517 09-12-2005 02:14 AM

Re: STTF-HUC II: It\'s coming

obviously.. im there ship it holla

Bonafone 09-12-2005 02:21 AM

Even though I only know a few people on the boards and rarely post I will be there donating my money.

ace_in_the_hole 09-12-2005 02:25 AM

I have already made plans to be in Vegas that weekend, so if there is a cap please let me in Irie. I have been soo jealous after seeing all the posts and pictures from the Labor Day Tourney. Thanks. Also what were the buy-ins last time?

raptor517 09-12-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have already made plans to be in Vegas that weekend, so if there is a cap please let me in Irie. I have been soo jealous after seeing all the posts and pictures from the Labor Day Tourney. Thanks. Also what were the buy-ins last time?

[/ QUOTE ]

buyins were 200 for small stakes calcutta nd 500 for large stakes. holla

Jman28 09-12-2005 02:31 AM

Jman + January = 21

Watch out Vegas.

raptor517 09-12-2005 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jman + January = 21

Watch out Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

raptor + just under 2 years now = 21.

vegas applauds.

holla

Irieguy 09-12-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the over/under on how long it will take Raptor to figure out what a Calcutta is?

Greke... put it on the side bet site.

Irieguy

raptor517 09-12-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the over/under on how long it will take Raptor to figure out what a Calcutta is?

Greke... put it on the side bet site.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah lets get raptor on specifics. i dont even think yer so called calcutta is a word. i have dictionary.com. you dont know bout that. WHATEVER. i hate you irie. holla

Irieguy 09-12-2005 02:47 AM

Oh yeah, Freemoney can't come either since he stiffed me on a side bet.

Funny how the only 2+2er to stiff somebody on the sidebets is called "Freemoney."

Irieguy

ilya 09-12-2005 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Funny how the only 2+2er to stiff somebody on the sidebets is called "Freemoney."

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

So Giga paid up on his huge calcutta bets? Cool.

oh btw I'm definitely coming.

bones 09-12-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess he won't be teaching any 13 year old epileptics to bet props.

SuitedSixes 09-12-2005 02:55 AM

I'm in. Don't know if I'll be playing, though.

The Yugoslavian 09-12-2005 03:02 AM

Wow, this makes me want to take down the noose!!!

Life has been such sad sorrow since last weekend (well not really but I got kinda sick).

Anyway, Vegas and buck nekkid big bootay scrippaz here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

Irieguy 09-12-2005 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess he won't be teaching any 13 year old epileptics to bet props.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

But, I believe he said that he could teach a "mentally handicapped person" to beat SNGs. I don't think he would need to offer his coaching services on prop betting to that demographic since I personally witnessed SFB paying off several prop bets at the tourney... and if SFB can do it, a refresher course for the mentally challenged is certainly unnecessary.

Irieguy

Gramps 09-12-2005 03:14 AM

I'm down if I can get in. Let me know in advance in case I decide to travel to some podunk town in the middle of the country for another wedding and decide to not check 2+2 for a couple of days. If there's another half-hearted bachelor party that weekend for a wedding that isn't happening I'll blow that off as well.

iMsoLucky0 09-12-2005 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

SFB hasn't paid me the 21 dollars he owes me.

AM I getting STIFFED?!?

Jman28 09-12-2005 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

AM I getting STIFFED?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? He sent me a check for the $30 he owed me. Promptly, I might add.

bugstud 09-12-2005 03:41 AM

I'll play instead of feed hungry strippers this time

IHateKeithSmart 09-12-2005 03:42 AM

My bets are paid up. Lost all 3 - 2 because of dali and 1 to dali. sttf-huc == rigged

btw, I may try to make the next one. Sounds like it was fun.

Daliman 09-12-2005 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My bets are paid up. Lost all 3 - 2 because of dali and 1 to dali. sttf-huc == rigged

btw, I may try to make the next one. Sounds like it was fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a better horse. Either that or backline my BJ bets.

#16 seed

IHateKeithSmart 09-12-2005 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You need a better horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. My money's on Yugo next time.

Daliman 09-12-2005 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You need a better horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, stay away from horsetracks.

The Yugoslavian 09-12-2005 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You need a better horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice....you're not in bad company:

http://69.93.50.122/wonderfulgirls/p...062950B7A0.jpg

Yugoslav

bugstud 09-12-2005 04:10 AM

with that kind of teamwork how can you lose?

just bring 'em to vegas and you'll win

lacky 09-12-2005 05:18 AM

ehh, what do I have to gain at this point. I spose I'll just say im coming and bet a bunch on myself and no-show.....

Steve

skipperbob 09-12-2005 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

AM I getting STIFFED?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I owe you $$$, I didn't know it....Please PM your addy to me & I will "ship 'it"....I DON'T EVER STIFF A BET

Re: *STTF-HUC II* ....Book It ! Dano!

bluefeet 09-12-2005 08:58 AM

the webbed one will be there!! to play, fetch beverages, keep the strippers entertained whilst the rest of you play...whatever. very much looking forward to it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Unarmed 09-12-2005 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother playa.
I have no played 8 HU games in my life.
Once this number gets into double digits, I will be invincible.
Holla.

ForumBot 09-12-2005 11:15 AM

I'm In [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Lallo [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]SIIHP [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]Byatches [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

raptor517 09-12-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother playa.
I have no played 8 HU games in my life.
Once this number gets into double digits, I will be invincible.
Holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

psh. you could play quadruple digits and still be worse than even money against me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla

bearly 09-12-2005 11:51 AM

he said it, but his tail was between his legs as he slinked off when called on it. only 2 stepped foreward. the coincidence linking them is startling. on sfb: i think if you took his prop bets long enough he would wind up w/ your money. but, he's an easy target---guiet, reserved, doesn't like to cause a scene, etc......h

MegaBet 09-12-2005 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, give the guy a break. He had to take a job at McDonald's to save up for his next downswing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Phill S 09-12-2005 12:17 PM

Bah. I [censored] hate being a poor student in England.

Even people not old enough to gamble in Vegas have been there! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

GL guys. If i win a EPT event or something ill be spending the $2K or so to travel and play. In reality i hope you have more trip reports and write ups like you did for the last one.

Phill

MegaBet 09-12-2005 12:21 PM

If there are any STTF tourneys next year during the WSOP, then I'll be there.

skipperbob 09-12-2005 12:59 PM

I will be leaving for Vegy on Fri.(2/17/06) @ 7:00 AM (PST)(sharp)....Anyone who wants to ride along is welcome..The top WILL be down...The music will be COUNTRY...The BEVOS will be cold...Return on Mon. (2/20) @ 6:00 AM (sharp). Stop @ Whiskey Pete's for "Trucker's Breakfast".

Don't feel sorry for Me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I boogie down with a country sound and fresh air and cold Tecate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SuitedSixes 09-12-2005 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be leaving for Vegy on Fri.(2/17/06) @ 7:00 AM (PST)(sharp)....Anyone who wants to ride along is welcome..The top WILL be down...The music will be COUNTRY...The BEVOS will be cold...Return on Mon. (2/20) @ 6:00 AM (sharp). Stop @ Whiskey Pete's for "Trucker's Breakfast".

Don't feel sorry for Me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I boogie down with a country sound and fresh air and cold Tecate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may fly out of my way to SoCal just to take you up on this offer . . . and so you can say, "Sorry Yugo, car's already full."

runner4life7 09-12-2005 01:05 PM

I also turn 21 in Jan, so I may have to join in on this

Irieguy 09-12-2005 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may fly out of my way to SoCal just to take you up on this offer . . . and so you can say, "Sorry Yugo, car's already full."

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling Yugo will be finding his own transportation this time around.

Irieguy

SuitedSixes 09-12-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling Yugo will be finding his own transportation this time around.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

You overestimate Yugo's intelligence and/or underestimate Skipperbob's generosity.