Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   [censored] yea!! (LC) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331889)

crosse91 09-07-2005 06:52 PM

[censored] yea!! (LC)

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

UTG ($384.40)
UTG+1 ($139.50)
UTG+2 ($293.50)
MP1 ($398)
Hero ($616.20)
MP3 ($400)
CO ($677.33)
Button ($390)
SB ($460.31)
BB ($394)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $4, Button calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($18) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $17.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $40</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $40, CO calls $22.90.

Turn: ($138) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $125</font>, CO calls $125, Button calls $346 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $567</font>, CO calls $442.

River: ($1618) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero calls $5.20 (All-In), CO calls $5.20.

Final Pot: $1628.40

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 7h 9h (straight, jack high).
CO has Jc Qc (one pair, jacks).
Button has 2c 2s (three of a kind, twos).
Outcome: Hero wins $1628.40. </font>

09-07-2005 07:00 PM

Re: [censored] yea!! (LC)

VNH. Well done.

crosse91 09-07-2005 07:02 PM

ty, ty, i think my whole apartment heard me yell...........

09-07-2005 07:07 PM

No doubt your whole zip code heard your celebration on this hand. I think I will print and frame this one and call it "Maybe One Day..."

Seriously nice hand.

yvesaint 09-07-2005 07:10 PM

First time sitting with over $1k at a table? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I broke my $1k cherry at 400 NL two weeks ago.

I just don't get how CO can call that. And how he managed to get a $600 stack.

crosse91 09-07-2005 07:19 PM

he was a complete maniac-upto 1200, down to 33, then reloaded to 300 and just pushed just about anything and got his way back to 600.

lesson: when a complete retard/maniac is at your table don't become an 8/1/1, loosen up and play some hands.

jkkkk 09-07-2005 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ty, ty, i think my whole apartment heard me yell...........

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, nh.

GoCubsGo 09-07-2005 07:27 PM

nh fish. Too bad you're a Cards fan.

crosse91 09-07-2005 07:33 PM

lets not be bitter......you're only 21 games back....and i've been meaning to say something to you about it as well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

09-08-2005 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nh fish. Too bad you're a Cards fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you guys can't even surpass my Astros, even with Nosemar back in the lineup.

BTW, how's K-Wood doing? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

09-08-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: ($18) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $17.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $40</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $40, CO calls $22.90.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is going through your head here?

vulturesrow 09-08-2005 11:06 AM

Fold preflop [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ni han, sir.

TheWorstPlayer 09-08-2005 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is atrocious, particularly if you know that CO is a maniac, but whatever. Ni han, sir.

Rick H 09-08-2005 11:16 AM

I'm new here, and haven't played much NL ring, but when I first read this thread, I thought I must be terrible.... I don't think I could have called that raise even on tilt and all previous replies indicated this was a good play. Am I just a bad weak-tight, or was this call bad?

09-08-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied Odds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

09-08-2005 11:38 AM

Well, I DON'T think he should play this hand for flush-strength, ONLY straight strength.

Someone else could have him dominated with two hearts one of which is higher than a lowly 9.

So basically, I'd treat this as a gut-shot call, only hoping to hit a T that isn't a heart, PLUS dodge a heart on the river. There was a bet and a raise and now he's calling 40 for a 75 pot with the original bettor open for a re-raise...all for a gutshot.

IMO, this is a fold. But I don't play nearly high enough for 400NL.

Also, when the A falls on the river, is he sweating KQ at all? I know he's probably committed by this point but KQ in the opponents hand would suck.

yvesaint 09-08-2005 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I DON'T think he should play this hand for flush-strength, ONLY straight strength.

Someone else could have him dominated with two hearts one of which is higher than a lowly 9.

So basically, I'd treat this as a gut-shot call, only hoping to hit a T that isn't a heart, PLUS dodge a heart on the river. There was a bet and a raise and now he's calling 40 for a 75 pot with the original bettor open for a re-raise...all for a gutshot.

Also, when the A falls on the river, is he sweating KQ at all? I know he's probably committed by this point but KQ in the opponents hand would suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really play this weak-tight? You're going to get crushed at higher levels. You're worried about another flush draw? KQ when the A falls on the river?? Are you kidding me?? You want to DODGE a heart?

You play this on the flop like a flush draw + gutshot. Why play suited connectors or 1-gappers if you're not going to play for your suits. He already had a read on CO as a maniac, and the other guy has a very wide range to be raising, could be TPTK isolating the maniac, 2-pair, a set, etc.

subzero 09-08-2005 11:55 AM

Was someone there to revive you if T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell on the river?

[ QUOTE ]
Final Pot: $1628.40

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice read, nice hand, nice pot. Shift the decimal one place to the left for my biggest pot.

09-08-2005 12:07 PM

CO has him covered (each has over 1.5 buy-ins total), what does he do here if CO pushes all in on the flop after it's been raised?

09-08-2005 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweat KQ? Yeh, KQ definitely beats his straight, but could you explain to me how someone might have that hand given the action on previous streets. You can't be serious.

09-08-2005 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO has him covered (each has over 1.5 buy-ins total), what does he do here if CO pushes all in on the flop after it's been raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold.

09-08-2005 12:14 PM

KhQh

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, my line looks similar with this hand if I'm in a tournament...FAR from the bubble.

And I never said his play was "wrong". I just wanted to know what he was thinking on the flop, after the raise.

It seems like he played it like a limit hand (except for that fact that he'd have 3-bet it on the flop.) Not-so-great flush draw + gut-shot... is that really a monster holding on the flop after a bet and raise? When the original bettor has you covered?

I just think he needs to discount the value of his flush here, that's all. Obviously, he can make the nuts here (only with the straight), and yet, even on the river, his straight isn't the nuts.

yvesaint 09-08-2005 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KhQh

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, then why call with suited connectors in the first place if you're going to be afraid of a higher flush draw everytime you you hit?

crosse91 09-08-2005 12:17 PM

while this might look atrocious-Maniac/Retard CO didn't reraise. He was very much a calling station. Occasionally he'd push-but it would only be an open push. Through a 100 hand i had not seen him reraise when he was reraised. And to the guy worrying about my flush outs, this hand was very simple to play. I had a gut shot and flush draw. From the flop action and the fact that level-headed villian limped in made my reads super easy. I knew i was against a set from the ep reraiser and lord knows what from maniac. Honestly i expected something around what i was shown. I was near postive that my flush outs were good and the 10 was definately the winner. I was only afraid of the board pairing-with all the doom and gloom responses (Fear KQ???) that no one mentioned how obvious the set here is and how i didn't want the board to pair, not a heart to fall.

crosse91 09-08-2005 12:18 PM

i just can't be afraid of k-q of hearts here, it would be playing too afraid. I'm afraid that if someone did have k-q of hearts i'm [censored] and i'm paying off.

09-08-2005 12:20 PM

Sounds good.

Like I said, I play 25NL not 400 NL

TheWorstPlayer 09-08-2005 12:23 PM

Well none of this info was included in the OP so it looked like a terrible call. Sure, if you know that CO will pay out like an ATM and that the raiser has a set and will also pay you off, and that CO won't re-raise, and that all of your outs are good, then it's a fine call. Plenty of implied odds in that case. But I really don't see how you can know all those things. What if CO has top set and the flop raiser has NFD? Then you're screwed royally.

09-08-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I really don't see how you can know all those things. What if CO has top set and the flop raiser has NFD? Then you're screwed royally.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the point I was trying to make. Not only do you lose a buy-in, but you could lose over 1.5 buy-ins on one hand. All I'm sayin'

crosse91 09-08-2005 12:26 PM

i am screwed, but do you honestly think that a 70/35/1 isn't raising jacks in the co? ( i don't know if included his stats in the initial post) Also, how often in full ring is suited a-x limping from ep from a very tight tag?? His play reeks of set, and i read it as such. If i was wrong then i lose alot of money obviously.

crosse91 09-08-2005 12:27 PM

Usually that is the case, this is that one hand in 10000 where you have just about perfect reads and the perfect hand to collect. Usually this is a very scary hand, and i don't argue that, it was just very special circumstances.

TheWorstPlayer 09-08-2005 05:46 PM

All this is fine. I just don't think you included these very specific reads in the OP. So, in general, it is a bad call drawing without pot odds to a non-nut flush and a non-nut gutshot, not closing the action, in front of a maniac who has already bet the flop. That's it.

theben 09-08-2005 05:53 PM

blah blah

crosse91 09-08-2005 05:57 PM

??

crosse91 09-08-2005 05:58 PM

so in general, do you fold this hand?

TheWorstPlayer 09-08-2005 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so in general, do you fold this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
In general, I bet the flop.

crosse91 09-08-2005 06:02 PM

repop it to about 120? do you think maniac still won't raise that? even if he does reraise that then we know he's got a hand that we can beat if hit our card(s)...right?

i usally reraise here as well.

TheWorstPlayer 09-08-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
repop it to about 120? do you think maniac still won't raise that? even if he does reraise that then we know he's got a hand that we can beat if hit our card(s)...right?

i usally reraise here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
OOC, are you on drugs? I didn't understand one word you just wrote.

Edit: I said that I bet the flop. Not check/3-bet it if that's what you're thinking about. That is insane.

crosse91 09-08-2005 06:10 PM

oh [censored], i did check, my bad. Well here's how i should've played we should've just kept this lc...haha

anyways
yes i should've bet the flop. Sometimes i do, sometimes i don't. Several of my straight/flush draws didn't come in after being aggressive with them, so i've slowed down somewhat. However, here, i'm ready to 3-bet occasionally, but not all of the time. I'd also much rather prefer the cold call if i'm closing the action-where as here i am not. another mistake. all in all maybe i didn't play the hand optimally, but i'm not on drugs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

09-08-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another mistake. all in all maybe i didn't play the hand optimally, but i'm not on drugs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it boils down to the fact that you took down a 4 buy-in pot and so your play deserves to be scrutinized to the fullest extent! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]