Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   WCOOP Stud event (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=329226)

BTirish 09-03-2005 10:59 PM

WCOOP Stud event

Is anyone planning on playing in this event?

This post is really an excuse to be self-congratulatory for winnings the 500 FPP satellite I just played. Well, "winning" is being one of the top 8 to get a seat... but I ran over my last table (we were playing short-handed, 5 on each table), finishing in first chip position with around 25% of the chips in play.

Anyways, I'm hoping to see some of you 2+2'ers in the tournament. I'm totally new to tournament stud... I tried to adjust as I thought best to the changing ante/BI structures as the tournament progressed. I made a few mistakes and was lucky to win one crucial pot where I would have otherwise been done for.

Ok, enough rambling--anyone else playing the event?

grb137 09-03-2005 11:02 PM

Re: WCOOP Stud event

Nice job!

When and how much?

BTirish 09-03-2005 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice job!

When and how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. The amount I won was less than you contest in a regular $20/$40 pot, but this was still really fun.

It's Monday, September 12th on PokerStars. Buy-in is $300+$20, and it's a "$150,000 guaranteed" prize pool. Right now there are around 150 people registered... not sure whether to expect that the 500 mark will be passed or not.

09-04-2005 12:25 AM

I got in through a satellite. Good luck to you.

Alchemist 09-04-2005 12:34 AM

I played in a few of the 80 FPP satellites for Stud/8. I think in each one I've gotten crippled or eliminated by someone who either doesn't know how to play (literally) or a guy who sees 4th street 100% of the time and gets hit in the face with the deck. (grumble)

09-04-2005 03:15 AM

I suck at stud but I might give it a shot. Consider yourself fortunate if I'm at your table.

BTirish 09-04-2005 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played in a few of the 80 FPP satellites for Stud/8. I think in each one I've gotten crippled or eliminated by someone who either doesn't know how to play (literally) or a guy who sees 4th street 100% of the time and gets hit in the face with the deck. (grumble)

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried a couple of the 80 FPP satellites for stud hi and had a similar experience. It was like being at a play money table at some points. I decided to just buy into the 500 FPP event, and I'm glad I did. Most of the competition was semi-competent, but still soft enough to beat.

benneh 09-04-2005 09:22 AM

i'll probably buy into the hi/lo event directly, and only play the hi event if i win a satellite.

PoorLawyer 09-05-2005 05:52 PM

I won the 50FPP and then came in @#$%ing 10th in the 500FPP. DOnt know if I will get a chance to try again, but good luck. I dont think i will be wasting $320 on it since I seem to bubble out of every tourney I play in as of late.

RayGarlington 09-06-2005 09:16 AM

I played in the $22R satellite for stud H/L last night. The structure was very odd, with stakes rising every 5 minutes, and unlimited rebuys until the 1st break. If you decide to try that format, be prepared for rebuying; otherwise, don't bother.

mscags 09-06-2005 11:32 AM

Are there any other qualifiers for the H/L event? I want to play but am NOT putting up 500 [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Alchemist 09-06-2005 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any other qualifiers for the H/L event? I want to play but am NOT putting up 500 [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There should still be 80 and 800FPP satellites going on. Not sure about cash satellites.

dandy_don 09-06-2005 11:56 AM

Yep, they are running three (I believe) 80 FPP satelites every day. I've tried a couple of them without success.

Look under the special events link, and click the "FPP Staelites" tab.

Wu36 09-06-2005 01:49 PM

I bubbled out of the one qualifier i tried, just gonna buy in straight.

mscags 09-06-2005 02:11 PM

I'd really like to see a Single table sat. I saw they have them for the Stud event, but haven't seen anything about stud h/l. Can you win a Holdem sat and then buy in to the h/l event?

Nick_Foxx 09-06-2005 02:13 PM

the wcoop stud/8 event (500+30) is on thursday, up until then, they have $22R and $11R rebuy satellites

i played in the $11R stud/8 tourney last nite, there were only 65 players total... its really a $31 tourney since you should rebuy at the start (for 3000 chips) and the $10 add-on at the first break (for 2000 more chips)... 5000 chips should give you plenty of play

in last night's satellite, 3 $530 seats were given out while #4-#6 received cash

mike

PoorLawyer 09-06-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really like to see a Single table sat. I saw they have them for the Stud event, but haven't seen anything about stud h/l. Can you win a Holdem sat and then buy in to the h/l event?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure you can do this. when you unregister from teh hold em tourney you will just get tournament dollars (or whatever they call them) that you can use to buy into any other tournament

RayGarlington 09-06-2005 02:33 PM

Just a word about the 80FPP tourneys. They are actually a qualifier for the 800FPP tourney where the final table gets into the main event.

Stud high has a similar FPP qualifier, but I think the amounts are 50FPP for round 1 and 500FPP for round 2.

Aicirt 09-06-2005 02:49 PM

I played in one of the $10R tournies and finished 2nd with 1st being the only place to get the seat. I plan on playing in as many of these as possible to try to win a seat before next Thursday.

I havent tried the $20R turbo tournament. Im not sure if I will or not. Im fine putting up $60 to try to win a $500 seat, however the 5 minute levels kinda makes me think that I should stick to the slower levels and deep stacks so that I have a chance to get the seat being the rock that I tend to be.

If anyone has played in one of the $20 tournies, how did it go?

Aicirt

RayGarlington 09-06-2005 03:15 PM

I tried this, but didn't like the format at all. It is set up so that you MUST buy the add-on and probably rebuy a couple of times to stay competitive. Or you could just get lucky.

PoorLawyer 09-06-2005 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried this, but didn't like the format at all. It is set up so that you MUST buy the add-on and probably rebuy a couple of times to stay competitive. Or you could just get lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the 11R i didnt do the rebuy, just the add-on. I probably only had 2300 at the break and ended up coming in 5th or 6th and it paid 3. I'm pretty sure those extra chips would not have mattered all that much in the end. These things are all about right cards at teh right time it seems. On that one I had rolled 5s and got all my chips in and lost to some crazy suckout boat. If I win that hand im probably in 2nd instead of out.

Aicirt 09-08-2005 04:20 AM

I won my seat to the stud h/l event tonight in the $10R sat. 70 entries and it ended up being 3 seats qualifying for the event. I had the chip lead at the beginning of the final table and had the 2nd biggest stack when the 4th player was eliminated. Ill post some hands tommorrow...some interesting hands throughout the tournament.

Aicirt

Alchemist 09-08-2005 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I won my seat to the stud h/l event tonight in the $10R sat. 70 entries and it ended up being 3 seats qualifying for the event. I had the chip lead at the beginning of the final table and had the 2nd biggest stack when the 4th player was eliminated. Ill post some hands tommorrow...some interesting hands throughout the tournament.

Aicirt

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job! I was watching your table early on (I think this was two nights ago). You had some real maniacs at your table. One hand that sticks out was when you were showing A-baby-A-A and getting raised by the flush. I bet you were sweating that river card since you hadn't filled up yet!

Aicirt 09-08-2005 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Aicirt

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job! I was watching your table early on (I think this was two nights ago). You had some real maniacs at your table. One hand that sticks out was when you were showing A-baby-A-A and getting raised by the flush. I bet you were sweating that river card since you hadn't filled up yet!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I dont remember that particular hand, mostly because so many strange things have happened in the satelites that Ive played in. One of them I had an open-ended low straight flush draw on my board and 3 people called me down. I ended up making my straight flush on the river and everyone paid me off. Crazy stuff.

Aicirt