Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How much does the increased rake at party effect us? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327796)

Elken 09-01-2005 05:32 PM

How much does the increased rake at party effect us?

The cap at the 6-max tables seem to be 3$ now instead of 2$ (If 6 players are seated) as it used to be. This is something new isn't it? Anybody knows how much this means in BB/100?

jason_t 09-01-2005 05:41 PM

Re: How much does the increased rake at party effect us?

More details please. Is that at all limits? Etc.

Alobar 09-01-2005 05:51 PM

yeah no kidding....wtf? Has everyone decided to raise the rake now?

kidcolin 09-01-2005 05:55 PM

At least I get a raise in my rakeback job

spamuell 09-01-2005 05:57 PM

It certainly seems to be at 10/20. [censored], this is bad.

Alobar 09-01-2005 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least I get a raise in my rakeback job

[/ QUOTE ]

you do realize that, that raise actually costs you money

so while yes, your affiliate will be sending you a fatter check at the end of the month, you will still make less for the month than you would have before

and not to pick on you, but I think this is a big reason why poker sites can get away with [censored] like this. People have an effed up view of how things work.

sublime 09-01-2005 05:59 PM

i dont understand how they think this is good for long term business. time to flood them with emails?

spamuell 09-01-2005 06:00 PM

It's at 5/10 too, I think it's when the pot is above $70 but I'm not sure yet.

spamuell 09-01-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand how they think this is good for long term business. time to flood them with emails?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they'll probably get away with it. We're all really pissed off, but what are we going to do, stop playing at party?

sublime 09-01-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they'll probably get away with it. We're all really pissed off, but what are we going to do, stop playing at party?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, there is nothign we can do. just seems like they need a slap in the head. then again, maybe they know more about the future of this industry than we do. we assume they are morons, but a company that large has to have some intelligent people making some input.

Drontier 09-01-2005 06:04 PM

Please everyone lets flood them with emails

Lost Wages 09-01-2005 06:05 PM

Link.

[ QUOTE ]
We have made some modifications in the rake structure of 6 handed tables, No Limit Tables and Pot Limit Tables. These changes have been done to bring the rake structure in line with the rake structure of other online poker sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
All 6 Max Tables will have the same rake structure as the regular tables

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

partygirluk 09-01-2005 06:07 PM

I keep a massive party 5/10 mined database (pm me if you wanna buy). It evinces a .13BB/100 increase in rake due to the changes.

spamuell 09-01-2005 06:07 PM

I started a thread in Internet Gambling about it so we can have a proper discussion without clogging up this forum, although I don't know if it's clogging up given that it affects practically everyone.

Shillx 09-01-2005 06:08 PM

Greedy [censored] bastards. I feel bad for you guys as this will take an easy .7 BB/100 or so off of the bottom line at 5/10. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Brad

B Dids 09-01-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started a thread in Internet Gambling about it so we can have a discussion with the idiots and trolls that make that forum almost unreadable

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd much rather discuss it here.

sublime 09-01-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started a thread in Internet Gambling about it so we can have a discussion with the idiots and trolls that make that forum almost unreadable

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd much rather discuss it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

the dids has spoken

Alobar 09-01-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Link.

[ QUOTE ]
We have made some modifications in the rake structure of 6 handed tables, No Limit Tables and Pot Limit Tables. These changes have been done to bring the rake structure in line with the rake structure of other online poker sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
All 6 Max Tables will have the same rake structure as the regular tables

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, is there some secret illuminati for online poker where they all decide to go against the proven workings of economics and [censored] everyone over all at the same time?

or are they just that stupid?

"oooo, site Y just upped their rake big time, we dont want to fall behind, all the players might flock to that site, we better hurry and up ours too!!!"

B Dids 09-01-2005 06:13 PM

I have!

I don't see this being something we can change. It sucks, but in no universe does a change is rake make Party a worse place to play that other sites. It's a captive market, and a vocal minority isn't going to change that.

The obvious solution is that we all need to get like .15BB/100 better.

spamuell 09-01-2005 06:13 PM

Good point. Still, I'll leave the thread there, some useful information might be revealed.

kidcolin 09-01-2005 06:15 PM

yes.. it was a joke. A bad, bad joke.

jason_t 09-01-2005 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's at 5/10 too, I think it's when the pot is above $70 but I'm not sure yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

3/6 also. This is terrible.

Alobar 09-01-2005 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes.. it was a joke. A bad, bad joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, my sarcasm indicator must just be busted.

But lots of people actually think that way, which is why I thought you were serious.

sublime 09-01-2005 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have!

I don't see this being something we can change. It sucks, but in no universe does a change is rake make Party a worse place to play that other sites. It's a captive market, and a vocal minority isn't going to change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get as worked up over the short term losses, moreso the fact that the fish are now losing money at a more rapid pace.

Mr. Graff 09-01-2005 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF, is there some secret illuminati for online poker where they all decide to go against the proven workings of economics and [censored] everyone over all at the same time?

or are they just that stupid?

"oooo, site Y just upped their rake big time, we dont want to fall behind, all the players might flock to that site, we better hurry and up ours too!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]
They are not stupid, they are brilliant. They rely on the majority of their users being stupid. And they are right.

Of course they have no problem being unethical about it and not inform their customers that the price of the service has just increased.

baronzeus 09-01-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep a massive party 5/10 mined database (pm me if you wanna buy). It evinces a .13BB/100 increase in rake due to the changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

.13BB/100 is .09BB/100 after rakeback. Really not much at all if you're right.

obsidian 09-01-2005 06:24 PM

Are we sure it was $2 before? I am pretty sure the break off point is 5 people.

joop 09-01-2005 06:25 PM

Would anyone be able to tell me how many BB/100 this will take off a 3/6 player?

sammy_g 09-01-2005 06:25 PM

It will be more at 10/20 since more pots will reach $70.

B Dids 09-01-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have!

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get as worked up over the short term losses, moreso the fact that the fish are now losing money at a more rapid pace.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that other things that were supposed to make the fish lose money faster (more 30/60 tables, tables higher than 30/60) don't seem to have hurt the fish population. I feel like the fish may be plentiful enough where the fact that they lose money faster won't have a meaningful effect on anybody's earn (beyond the effect of the rake increase itself) (and I'm basically guessing here).

spamuell 09-01-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It will be more at 10/20 since more pots will reach $70.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah way more. And, I was wrong, it's $60 where they take the third dollar and at $50 they take $2.50 now.

Wynton 09-01-2005 06:33 PM

And how does the rake now compare to stars? Anyone know offhand?

B Dids 09-01-2005 06:36 PM

About the same

Wynton 09-01-2005 06:38 PM

So the rake at stars had been higher than party, until now?

Nigel 09-01-2005 06:38 PM

They went and capped the number of 30/60's again last month. Granted 25 > 6, but they obviously must feel that the fish are losing it too fast.

As if the fish that bust at 30/60 won't go play 2/4 to build back up and feed their addiction.

obsidian 09-01-2005 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the rake at stars had been higher than party, until now?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I don't understand. The rake at party has always been $3 for 6-10 players I thought.

Alobar 09-01-2005 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.13BB/100 is .09BB/100 after rakeback. Really not much at all if you're right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats several hundred dollars a month for a full time player. Thats a car payment.

baronzeus 09-01-2005 06:49 PM

Im willing to make that trade for all the fish . Without party I wouldnt have any money.

yanicehand 09-01-2005 06:54 PM

Rake is like another gambling tax and this is just inflation. Awful, of course, but that's what happens when a pokerroom has a near monopoly on idiots and mongoloids. I second the idea that the most disturbing effect of this is going to be fish breaking slightly sooner.

tansoku 09-01-2005 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we assume they are morons, but a company that large has to have some intelligent people making some input.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a seriously bad assumption to make.
Experience has taught me that both the Peter principle and the Dilbert principle apply, always, and everywhere.
Even if there were intelligent people providing input it would be dismissed and ignored by management.
If it looks like stupidity, it probably is...