Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tiltblocker...thank you (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326633)

Subby 08-31-2005 09:59 AM

Tiltblocker...thank you

I don't know what took me so long, but I finally implemented tiltblocker(tm) last night and it was everything I needed. I just played purely decision-based poker, completely ignorant of my results. I felt more relaxed, dealt with beats much better, and as a result, played smarter.

Crazy that a tiny little app made so much difference. Sad that a 34-year old adult needs it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway...one day I will grow up and be a zenmaster, but until then...tiltblocker.

MAxx 08-31-2005 10:27 AM

Re: Tiltblocker...thank you

Do you think they make a Tiltblocker Post Blocker? I'd buy that app. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dammit, I got baited into repsonding to another Tiltblocker Post....if only I had the Tiltblocker Post Blocker I could cure my disease.

What other blockers coudl we come up with?

stigmata 08-31-2005 10:28 AM

Yeah its funny, i keep seeing all these people sit down with 50BB and I already know exactly what to expect [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Subby 08-31-2005 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think they make a Tiltblocker Post Blocker? I'd buy that app. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I just use white-out and pirate eye patches. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

stigmata 08-31-2005 10:30 AM

My new tactic is to start un-tilt-blocking.

"Hey, TAG, your down $370 at this table and $230 at the other, ROFL" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Subby 08-31-2005 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Hey, TAG, your down $370 at this table and $230 at the other, ROFL"

[/ QUOTE ]
Gold. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MAxx 08-31-2005 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Hey, TAG, your down $370 at this table and $230 at the other, ROFL" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I like that. They will undoubtedly turn chat off though...so you may have to send a pm.

08-31-2005 10:41 AM

Tiltblocker ??? Sounds like something me and my friends need... We are true steamers.... what is it and where can I get it?

helpmeout 08-31-2005 11:36 AM

I hope I can get over my problems without using this.

I think it is really just a bandaid solution, being able to play well and be down is a more important longterm goal.

witeknite 08-31-2005 11:41 AM

Remind me not to check PM's while playing.

WiteKnite

spydog 08-31-2005 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope I can get over my problems without using this.

I think it is really just a bandaid solution, being able to play well and be down is a more important longterm goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really a bandaid solution if it permanently solves a problem that most of us have.

Tiltblocker is a great tool. I'm embarrassed to say I ran out of chips yesterday, though, because I forgot to buy in for more than 25 BBs.

MarkL444 08-31-2005 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah its funny, i keep seeing all these people sit down with 50BB and I already know exactly what to expect [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i buy in for 50bb and usually dont use tiltblocker.

Michael Davis 08-31-2005 11:48 AM

Honestly, I'm surprised that you guys really don't know where you are at. I 8-table and I generally know when I'm getting killed. I don't know how I'm doing at any individual table but I know when I'm just getting shelled, and not having numbers on the screen wouldn't help me at all, the psychological state would be the same. Furthermore, since I play so many hands I get sucked out on a ton, and it often feels like I'm getting rocked even when I'm breakeven or so, so checking my results can be a comfort.

Finally, if I have any tilt in me, it happens after a series of major suckouts in rapid succession, whether or not I'm up or down money for the day, and I don't see how you can guard against that, nor do I see how not knowing how much money you have will help you.

-Michael

spydog 08-31-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I'm surprised that you guys really don't know where you are at. I 8-table and I generally know when I'm getting killed. I don't know how I'm doing at any individual table but I know when I'm just getting shelled, and not having numbers on the screen wouldn't help me at all, the psychological state would be the same. Furthermore, since I play so many hands I get sucked out on a ton, and it often feels like I'm getting rocked even when I'm breakeven or so, so checking my results can be a comfort.

Finally, if I have any tilt in me, it happens after a series of major suckouts in rapid succession, whether or not I'm up or down money for the day, and I don't see how you can guard against that, nor do I see how not knowing how much money you have will help you.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever tried it?

stigmata 08-31-2005 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i buy in for 50bb and usually dont use tiltblocker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet my conclusion about what to expect is still correct...

Poldi 08-31-2005 12:20 PM

I think it may help although I feel I m pretty immune to tilt. I still use it because I dont see a valid reason against it when playing 3 tables and I can just focus on playing well. Most of the time I dont even check after a session now if I won or lost.
You feel anyways how the sessions went but I feel better just knowing that I lost but played well than knowing I lost 1,5k over 1000 hands.

MarkD 08-31-2005 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what took me so long, but I finally implemented tiltblocker(tm) last night and it was everything I needed. I just played purely decision-based poker, completely ignorant of my results. I felt more relaxed, dealt with beats much better, and as a result, played smarter.

Crazy that a tiny little app made so much difference. Sad that a 34-year old adult needs it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway...one day I will grow up and be a zenmaster, but until then...tiltblocker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started using it and love it. My goal is to be able to play without it but for now I really do like it a lot.

I was in better control of my emotions at the table 7-9 months ago and at that time I don't think I would have needed it at all. But a huge prolonged downstreak caused some subtle tilt problems and this helps me atm, until I am able to regain and improve my overal emotional control while at the table. It's another aspect of my game that needs improvement.

I dont understand why anyone would knock this program though. it's just another tool.

TwoNiner 08-31-2005 01:31 PM

Alright. I'm the jerkoff who needs a link to it.......

B00T 08-31-2005 08:52 PM

link???

here it is

forum link for it

Trix 08-31-2005 09:14 PM

I put this on top of my chips when I play live:

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7...forlive8au.jpg

If anyone need, feel free to print and use.

Subby 08-31-2005 09:16 PM

Awesome. PM me your neteller info so I can send a donation.

I want to reward freeware utilities [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Durs522 08-31-2005 11:31 PM

How do you get it to work for more than one table?