Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I wanna kill some bees (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321444)

college_boy 08-23-2005 08:36 PM

I wanna kill some bees

The last two times I've mowed my lawn I've been stung and come to find out there's a ground hive in my yard. I bought some chemicals to put down there but that doesn't sound like much fun. So far I've put a bucket over the hole just to see what would happen and they got pretty pissed. Right now I'm considering some combinations of gas, fire, bug spray, and a vacuum cleaner. Any other creative ideas? I'm planning on making a night of it.

swede123 08-23-2005 08:37 PM

Re: I wanna kill some bees

I'd put my money on the bees in this one.

Swede

Ringo_Mojo 08-23-2005 08:40 PM

Whatever you decide to do... Make sure to videotape it.

Reef 08-23-2005 08:41 PM

buy some hornets and release them right by the bee hole.

Duffman 08-23-2005 08:42 PM

Heh,

I used to go upstate every summer and one summer when I was 14 we found an undergroun bee-hive. We decided to get this kid Sam all bitten up. We set up a baseball game and we told him to play outfield in the area right next to the hive.

It didn't take Sam long to step on the hive and it was pretty damn funny to see a chubby little kid getting stung like crazy.

It took about two minutes for the bees to spread EVERYWHERE and sting the [censored] out of all of us. Almost everyone in the colony got stung, and my grandmother got stung like 4 times. She was pissed off.

young nut 08-23-2005 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] good reference

seriously though, you are mowing your lawn and now you want to set a section of it on fire? how about, stop mowing it if you don't care what it looks like.

jakethebake 08-23-2005 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed hard at this.

college_boy 08-23-2005 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] good reference

seriously though, you are mowing your lawn and now you want to set a section of it on fire? how about, stop mowing it if you don't care what it looks like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think this could be fun. I will probably dump chemicals down there at some point but that's too easy.

turnipmonster 08-23-2005 09:10 PM

bees are really cool, don't kill the bees.

imported_CaseClosed326 08-23-2005 09:11 PM

Punch every bee in the face

Al P 08-23-2005 09:11 PM

Hand grenade.

ethan 08-23-2005 09:14 PM

Build a PVC flamethrower. Get someone to take pictures.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3697/longjetstreet.jpg

Navers 08-23-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever you decide to do... Make sure to take photos and post them

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

stankybank 08-23-2005 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right now I'm considering some combinations of gas, fire, bug spray, and a vacuum cleaner. Any other creative ideas? I'm planning on making a night of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. good luck with that!

jdl22 08-23-2005 09:20 PM

Are they actually wasps? If so get a wasp trap. My dad has used one quite effectively. Might work on bees too, not sure. You can even build one out of a two liter bottle but the ones you buy for five bucks or so work better it seems.

masse75 08-23-2005 09:48 PM

Find a monkey with some weed and ask him to get the bees high.

Luzion 08-23-2005 09:53 PM

Soapy water works. I believe they use "soapy foam" to kill swarms of Africanized bees. Makes the bees drown.

Spota 08-23-2005 10:46 PM

Walk out to the hole at night (when the bees are sleeping) and find it with a flashlight. Pour a little gasoline in the hole then light it on fire. Obviously move the gas can away from the hole just in case, but that should take care of your problem.

KungFuSandwich 08-23-2005 10:48 PM

Bad Advice Guy?

RacersEdge 08-24-2005 12:18 AM

How about a little Quick-Crete?

Cancer Merchant 08-24-2005 01:21 AM

Cup of gasoline + match. Better during the daytime. Vacuum up the remains and apply more fire.

Remember to have a can of hairspray and more matches to maul survivors with.

UseThePeenEnd 08-24-2005 01:33 AM

Are these bees or yellow jackets? I didnt think honeybees or bumblebees nested underground.

Anyway, yellow jackets are dormant at night. There are hornet killer foams, this works well. Wait till just after dark, get close to the hole and let fly. Works well.

Look for other activity in the area. Yellowjacket colonies are usually clustered, and one colony will repopulate the massacre hole of another, so you may have to do this more than once unless you find all the nests.

MelchyBeau 08-24-2005 01:55 AM

ok if they are active right now, they aren't bees.

If they are 2 inches or bigger they are wasps that kill cicadas. These don't sting humans.

If they are small like an inch or so you got yellow jackets.

I'd recommend you actually getting pest control out there. Colonies of Yellow Jackets can get very big.

Melch

jakethebake 08-24-2005 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Colonies of Yellow Jackets can get very big. Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

...and very mean. Take it from someone that was once swarmed on by an entire nest. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Bulldog 08-24-2005 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Soda came out my nose when I read this! Well, not quite out, but up the nasal passage at least. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

newfant 08-24-2005 09:41 AM

Two ideas:

1: Park your lawnmower over the hole, turn on the blade, and see if it chops all the bees up.

2: Buy a small-diameter, long rubber hose. Cork one end. Pour gasoline in. Put a wick in the other end and cork it. Light the wick, drop the hose into the hole, move back slightly and videotape the result. Post the video here if you live.

jakethebake 08-24-2005 09:43 AM

In all seriousness, people in Texas kill fire ants by running a hose from their truck exhaust pipe to the anthill and gassing them.

Shajen 08-24-2005 09:48 AM

If you go the gasoline route (which is the way I went, with the exact same problem) do it in the evening and don't light it unless you like fireballs. They'll be asleep and the fumes and the gas itself will kill them. On second thought, I shoulda tossed a match.

BTW, RESULTS?

08-24-2005 10:15 AM

In norcal we always used kerosene. Take a trash can lid and swirl some kerosene on it then set it over the nest, and leave it there overnight. People have told me this works with gas, but i've never tried it.

imported_The Vibesman 08-24-2005 10:18 AM

Squat over it and defecate. They hate that.

jakethebake 08-24-2005 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Squat over it and defecate. They hate that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like an excellent idea. Please try it asap.

Where is college boy this morning anyway? No updates. This can't be good.

SL__72 08-24-2005 10:32 AM

That happened to me once. Walking through the forest, hidden ground wasp hive, 25 stings later I decided that walking through forests was dumb.

jakethebake 08-24-2005 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That happened to me once. Walking through the forest, hidden ground wasp hive, 25 stings later I decided that walking through forests was dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was summer camp when I was maybe 11 or so. There was a huge paper nest, probably 2' x 3' under the eves of one of the cabins. Some kids thought it was a good idea to throw rocks at it. I was stung too many places to count, pretty much all over my body, but especially my head. I dropped to the ground and started rolling like I was on fire. Of course it was the day of the big camp dance and I looked like the kid from Mask. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

benza13 08-24-2005 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2: Buy a small-diameter, long rubber hose. Cork one end. Pour gasoline in. Put a wick in the other end and cork it. Light the wick, drop the hose into the hole, move back slightly and videotape the result. Post the video here if you live.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like the best idea yet. Please remember College Boy, the results of this are useless without pics or video posted if you survive.

swede123 08-24-2005 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like the best idea yet. Please remember College Boy, the results of this are useless without pics or video posted if you survive.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he survives? What the hell? If he dies as a result of this a video or at least pictures is even more a necessity. Hopefully some relative and/or crime scene investigator will eventually get to OOT and discover this thread, followed by a graphic, in-depth documentation of the demise of collegeboy.

Swede

jakethebake 08-24-2005 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he dies as a result of this a video or at least pictures is even more a necessity.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would almost be adequate compensation for ILIKEBIGASSES' survival.

CORed 08-24-2005 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, people in Texas kill fire ants by running a hose from their truck exhaust pipe to the anthill and gassing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fire ants (workers anyway) don't fly.

jakethebake 08-24-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this have to do with the price of beans in Mexico. I'm talking about pumping exhaust down into their hole.

benza13 08-24-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure that this makes a difference in this situation, but I guess its good to know.

benza13 08-24-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he survives? What the hell? If he dies as a result of this a video or at least pictures is even more a necessity. Hopefully some relative and/or crime scene investigator will eventually get to OOT and discover this thread, followed by a graphic, in-depth documentation of the demise of collegeboy.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I assumed 2 things if he doesn't survive:

That the video probably wouldn't either and that there would be no one to post it to OOT, unless we can get another OOTiot to film from a distance and post it.