Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The stupidest, most trite, and overused quote of all time (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317444)

joedot 08-17-2005 09:02 PM

The stupidest, most trite, and overused quote of all time

"can't we all just get along".

Deathbear 08-17-2005 09:04 PM

Re: The stupidest, most trite, and overused quote of all time

SIIHP

Uglyowl 08-17-2005 09:31 PM

I said to the telemarketer: "Can I have your home #"

captZEEbo1 08-17-2005 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be nice to telemarketers. How would you like to have that crummy job? It's not the telemarketers idea to hassle you. Either way: http://www.donotcall.gov

Nathan183 08-17-2005 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be nice to telemarketers. How would you like to have that crummy job? It's not the telemarketers idea to hassle you. Either way: http://www.donotcall.gov

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I always just say "Sorry, not interested" and hang up if they persist. Stops them from wasting my time, and allows them to spend their time talking to someone who might have a remote possibility of buying whatever crap it is that they are selling.

Back In Black 08-17-2005 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I always just say "Sorry, not interested" and hang up if they persist. Stops them from wasting my time, and allows them to spend their time talking to someone who might have a remote possibility of buying whatever crap it is that they are selling.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the ones that are dicks when you do this and continue to try to sell you something?

just2pimp 08-17-2005 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the ones that are dicks when you do this and continue to try to sell you something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimbo 08-17-2005 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask them if they will talk dirty to you for three minute first so you can get in the proper mood. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

34TheTruth34 08-17-2005 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"can't we all just get along".

[/ QUOTE ]

why does everyone say "can't we all just get along?" when Rodney King never used the word 'just'???

I've always wondered about that (yeah, I'm not normal)...

08-17-2005 11:27 PM

Most overused poker line...

"No limit hold'em is the cadilac of poker."

Ugh, I want to puke whenever I hear it.

joedot 08-17-2005 11:36 PM

I haven't heard that one since I watched Rounders like 2 years ago. What circles are you hanging around in.

Uglyowl 08-17-2005 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The post is about overused jokes, the joke is dumb.

I am just saying it is a much overused joke and people think they are funny telling how they said it.

It is dumb!

CrazyN8 08-18-2005 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard that one since I watched Rounders like 2 years ago. What circles are you hanging around in.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you not watch WPT?

"It's takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master" is the other one.

kyro 08-18-2005 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't like it. That's why I plan on getting a real job that doesn't involve pissing off half of America.

Warik 08-18-2005 08:34 AM

"Business is business."

I've never heard this line used by anyone other than someone who just did something totally assholish 3 seconds prior to saying it.

zoomOut 08-18-2005 08:44 AM

there's this condescendng manager at work who thinks she can motivate us peons by telling us constantly

"You Rock!"

after she hands us secretarial crap. It's getting old.

razor 08-18-2005 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be nice to telemarketers. How would you like to have that crummy job? It's not the telemarketers idea to hassle you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about the dumbest thing I've read this week.

jakethebake 08-18-2005 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should be nice to telemarketers. How would you like to have that crummy job? It's not the telemarketers idea to hassle you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily.

You should be nice to muggers. How would you like standing out in the cold waiting for someone? What a crummy job.

mslif 08-18-2005 09:36 AM

"that's hot"

jakethebake 08-18-2005 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"that's hot"

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except when referring to you. Then it's usage is still appropriate. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

jakethebake 08-18-2005 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there's this condescendng manager at work who thinks she can motivate us peons by telling us constantly

"You Rawk!"

after she hands us secretarial crap. It's getting old.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

NobodysFreak 08-18-2005 09:46 AM

nh... and its not even close.

mslif 08-18-2005 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"that's hot"

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except when referring to you. then it's usgae is still appropriate. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am blushing.. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

BeerMoney 08-18-2005 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always act like I'm taking a crap.

jakethebake 08-18-2005 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very good actually. I'm going to do this. Let them hear the toilet lid, courtesy flush, grunting, etc. Very effective.

Miggo 08-18-2005 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very good actually. I'm going to do this. Let them hear the toilet lid, courtesy flush, grunting, etc. Very effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask them their name and company name and have them spell it, because you are on the National Do Not call list, and they get polite and hang up real fast.

I was pissed at my wife when she put us on this list because, the way I look at it, the telemarketers had to pay for a list of active phone numbers in the past, now the government is giving them one for free. And you know some people on this list put themselves on there because they got sucked into buying something before. I'm not real sure how I feel about the list. All I know is we don't get called any less, and I think the list helps out the telemarketers.

ChipWrecked 08-18-2005 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask them their name and company name and have them spell it, because you are on the National Do Not call list, and they get polite and hang up real fast.

I was pissed at my wife when she put us on this list because, the way I look at it, the telemarketers had to pay for a list of active phone numbers in the past, now the government is giving them one for free. And you know some people on this list put themselves on there because they got sucked into buying something before. I'm not real sure how I feel about the list. All I know is we don't get called any less, and I think the list helps out the telemarketers.

[/ QUOTE ]

One glaring loophole is that if you were a customer of the company in like the past five years they are allowed to call you.

rusellmj 08-18-2005 10:54 AM

I can't take it. Everytime I here someone use the line from Platoon that Oliver Stone used to describe combat duty, "long periods of boredom punctuated by surreal...", and apply it to whatever they're doing. Like mountain biking or something. Drives me nuts.

Slow Play Ray 08-18-2005 10:58 AM

"it's not rocket science"

I was thinking about this the other day - rocket science is far from as cutting-edge as it was when this quote first became popular; it's actually pretty simple, standard technology nowadays (no offense patrick! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). We should evolve this saying to "it's not nanotechnology" or something to that effect.

2+2 wannabe 08-18-2005 11:02 AM

"what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger"

I don't think I even need to explain how stupid this is

BeerMoney 08-18-2005 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"it's not rocket science"

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a goof one time and joined this one and "Its not brain surgery" together to make :

"Its not rocket surgery"

stripsqueez 08-18-2005 11:13 AM

with respect

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

craig r 08-18-2005 11:15 AM

"You just need to take one day at a time."

Oh, thanks a fing lot. Until you said that i didn't even know I had an option.

craig

schwza 08-18-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you expect them to do, talk about the weather? if you don't want them to try to sell you something, hang up the phone.

dealer_toe 08-18-2005 11:17 AM

"I'm gonna give it 110%"

now its like you aren't trying if you say 100%...its so retarded!

Slow Play Ray 08-18-2005 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a goof one time and joined this one and "Its not brain surgery" together to make :

"Its not rocket surgery"

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo, i like that! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jakethebake 08-18-2005 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Its not rocket surgery"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I actually use that all the time.

Slow Play Ray 08-18-2005 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Its not rocket surgery"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I actually use that all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's new to me so [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Grump.

JayLear 08-18-2005 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JayLear 08-18-2005 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotten into the habit of letting my 6-year-old son answer the phone when tele-marketers call. He has a blast with it, and eventually they hang up in frustration.