Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party Skins Racist? LC (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317404)

mcozzy1 08-17-2005 07:45 PM

Party Skins Racist? LC

As one player at my table was calling another player at my table a "nigga", I noticed that all the player icons depict white people.

Shouldn't the player have the options to choose a white, black, Asian, or Eskimo picture? I'd be pissed if I weren't white.

TTChamp 08-17-2005 07:50 PM

Re: Party Skins Racist? LC

I was playing on a 2/4 table at Party once and this topic came up. This one guy was saying that there should be options to have other races. Another guy kept calling him a "liberal puke" and it turned into a full on debate. The guy that wanted a diverse table freaked out and totally went on tilt. Classic!

Voltron87 08-17-2005 07:51 PM

this is so low on my list of things i care about its not even funny.

mcozzy1 08-17-2005 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why it says "LC" in the subject line, idiot.

TheHip41 08-17-2005 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As one player at my table was calling another player at my table a "nigga", I noticed that all the player icons depict white people.

Shouldn't the player have the options to choose a white, black, Asian, or Eskimo picture? I'd be pissed if I weren't white.

[/ QUOTE ]

All my characters are invisible [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

08-17-2005 08:41 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

TheHammer24 08-17-2005 09:01 PM

What is super ironic is the dealer on what of the skins...don't know which one, is black.

mcozzy1 08-17-2005 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is super ironic is the dealer on what of the skins...don't know which one, is black.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty funny. The Eurobet dealer is black.

daryn 08-17-2005 10:40 PM

nah, that is clearly a tan white dude, possibly italian or greek. check the hair

lefty rosen 08-17-2005 11:11 PM

I have always said the dealer looks like the Sugarman aka Sugar Ray Leonard. Now why does Party only have a black dealer you draw your own conclusions. I suspect the programmer was a foreigner who still views America in this Beaver Cleaver world...... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

IggyWH 08-17-2005 11:30 PM

PokerNOW has a black dude and a black chick.

Non_Comformist 08-17-2005 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you post this worthless retarded crap and you think labeling it "lp" excuses you from responses like I don't give a [censored].

look up idiot dip [censored] and let me know if you like the picture.

CrazyN8 08-18-2005 12:18 AM

I always thought it was funny (in an odd way, not funny, haha) that planetpoker only had a black guy at the stud table and not at hold'em. Such a racist site! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mcozzy1 08-18-2005 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you post this worthless retarded crap and you think labeling it "lp" excuses you from responses like I don't give a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Having trouble from telling the letter "p" from "c" again. Don't worry it will come. Hooked on phonics will eventually straighten you out.

What kind of idiot clicks on a post with "racism" and "LC" in the subject and then takes the time to write that he doesn't care.

If you don't give a [censored], go to the next post.

I don't open every 2001FP post and write "I don't give a [censored]" at the end of the post.

....but being a "non-conformist" I guess you have to look for the "non-conformist" approach to everything......even things you don't care about.

"Look it up in the dictionary" jokes were old by the 3rd grade. Idiot. It's scary that people as dumb as you actually win at poker. You act like you live in Oregon and were in the Army, Jeremy.

whiskeytown 08-18-2005 04:51 AM

does anyone who in all seriousness plays Party even use those damn icons? - those things sucked.

RB

2ndGoat 08-18-2005 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

look up idiot dip [censored] and let me know if you like the picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to pull out my "[censored]" stamp again.

I sense a good flame war starting.

2nd

KaBoom 08-18-2005 05:47 AM

Pokerroom has a black dude too if I remember correctly. The Big tit woman went broke though.

MyMindIsGoing 08-18-2005 06:13 AM

OMFG if this is not a troll post then you must have a misserable life.

poker-penguin 08-18-2005 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't the player have the options to choose a white, black, Asian, or Eskimo picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

They prefer to be called Inuit. Eskimo is a derogatory term (from another language I believe) meaning "meat eater" (and it doesn't have good conotations.

You're a racist!

Schwartzy61 08-18-2005 11:04 AM

World Eskimo-Indian Olympics

They don't seem to mind the name Eskimo here???

JohnnyHumongous 08-18-2005 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't the player have the options to choose a white, black, Asian, or Eskimo picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

They prefer to be called Inuit. Eskimo is a derogatory term (from another language I believe) meaning "meat eater" (and it doesn't have good conotations.

You're a racist!

[/ QUOTE ]

In French, the word is spelled "Esquimaux".

primetime32 08-18-2005 11:58 AM

i am jewish, and i think there should be a jewish icon. Maybe a rabbi with a beard. Or maybe an old jewish lady cooking chicken soup. every race and ethnicity should be fairly represented. We should all boycott PP until they do the right thing! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CrazyN8 08-18-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone who in all seriousness plays Party even use those damn icons? - those things sucked.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

not at party and skins (just a table)but at some sites you have to.

GoblinMason (Craig) 08-18-2005 01:48 PM

Proof.

-Craig

lighterjobs 08-18-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

everything is black on my party background.

SuitedSixes 08-18-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be pissed if I weren't white.

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist?

boose_bagina 08-18-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMFG if this is not a troll post then you must have a misserable life.

[/ QUOTE ]
woah woah woah woah woah......woah.............woah. Lois, this is not my batman glass.

and relax bud, if you don't like a thread, move on...some people find it fun to read some light topics every once in a while.

terrapin314 08-18-2005 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am jewish, and i think there should be a jewish icon. Maybe a rabbi with a beard. Or maybe an old jewish lady cooking chicken soup. every race and ethnicity should be fairly represented. We should all boycott PP until they do the right thing! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I am originally from a hicktown, I would like to see redneck player. Perhaps a mullet and a belt buckle with a nascar shirt. Boycott on.

Greg J 08-18-2005 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised no one has pointed out the irony of this post.

I would personally be more pissed about being called that by a some lame white poser than I would be about not being culturally represented by a retarded looking online mannequin.

SoftcoreRevolt 08-18-2005 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised no one has pointed out the irony of this post.

I would personally be more pissed about being called that by a some lame white poser than I would be about not being culturally represented by a retarded looking online mannequin.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't every other member of PartyPoker's fault that you are so backwards that you value not being called racial slurs over being able to choose the race of the avatar we all have turned off.

CrazyN8 08-19-2005 05:20 PM

more proof...

Party $2/4
***** Hand History for Game 2562411344 *****
$2/$4 Texas Hold'em - Friday, August 19, 17:11:15 EDT 2005
Table Table 32744 (Real Money)
Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 9
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ks, Kh, Kd ]

***** Hand History for Game 2562391102 *****
$2/$4 Texas Hold'em - Friday, August 19, 17:07:11 EDT 2005
Table Table 32744 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 10
** Dealing Flop ** [ Kh, Kc, Ks ]

GoblinMason (Craig) 08-19-2005 08:24 PM

But those have the black king included!

The proper racist flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BottlesOf 08-19-2005 09:27 PM

This is one of the dumbest posts I've read in a while, and yet, I bet Party et al. gets emails every day about this subject.

Guthrie 08-19-2005 09:31 PM

Turn off the icons. End of problem.

08-19-2005 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn off the icons. End of problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? Some avatars look sexy and have bigger breasts than mine.....

p.s. This posts is so funny. Good way to start the weekend.

08-19-2005 09:47 PM

Im going to enjoy wasting 15 mins of my life ripping into this thread....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me, you'd actually file a complaint? LOL, shouldn't you be more worried about improving your game?

[ QUOTE ]
Another guy kept calling him a "liberal puke"

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for him.

[ QUOTE ]
nah, that is clearly a tan white dude, possibly italian or greek. check the hair

[/ QUOTE ]

duh, he's clearly native american.

[ QUOTE ]
Having trouble from telling the letter "p" from "c" again. Don't worry it will come. Hooked on phonics will eventually straighten you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Look it up in the dictionary" jokes were old by the 3rd grade. Idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's blatent hipocracy...if you dont know what that means: look it up.

[ QUOTE ]
Time to pull out my "[censored]" stamp again.

I sense a good flame war starting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] right, here here!!!

[ QUOTE ]
a retarded looking online mannequin.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, they do look like mannequins!!, lol

[ QUOTE ]
It isn't every other member of PartyPoker's fault that you are so backwards that you value not being called racial slurs over being able to choose the race of the avatar we all have turned off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you took his post too seriously, and I think you sound a little backwards yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the dumbest posts I've read in a while, and yet, I bet Party et al. gets emails every day about this subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

In refrence to that dudes avatar....OWNED!!!!
And for the record, there's a black chick at the bottom of the party table. Pay more attention next time.

08-21-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you donīt have to answer to that post if itīs low on your list. and nobody said itīs funny either

08-21-2005 02:57 PM

Thank you for that post. I think you should have an option to choose. Actually Iīm just wondering why the big pokersites havenīt thought of that already.
Tess