Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The "loathed" Norman Chad Favorite Quotes Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317238)

08-17-2005 03:44 PM

The \"loathed\" Norman Chad Favorite Quotes Thread

Since some people find this guy funny let's put together some of his more memorable one liners at the World Series of Poker.

When referring to Mattias Andersson's all in win,

"That sounds like the mating of the wildebeasts."

Quicksilvre 08-17-2005 03:46 PM

Re: The \"loathed\" Norman Chad Favorite Quotes Thread

"Lon, if [Dutch Boyd] looks at [Moneymaker] for five more seconds, he should ask him out to dinner." --2003 ME

Jordan Olsommer 08-17-2005 04:03 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm not quoting him 100% accurately, but in one of the preliminary holdem events in 2004, Norman Chad was referring to a particular player at the final table who had not been involved in any hands up until that point, so Norman thought he wasn't there the whole time and just snuck in:

Norm: "I'm serious, Lon - don't you remember when that guy just jumped in halfway through the New York Marathon?"
Lon: "HE'S BEEN THERE THE WHOLE TIME!"

moose47 08-17-2005 04:03 PM

From the Tournament of Champions:

"It's so quiet in here you can actually here Phil Hellmuth thinking to himself, 'I am the best player at this table'"

bobhalford 08-17-2005 04:13 PM

Honestly, I don't know why people rip on Norman Chad so much. I get a couple giggles out of each episode. The other guy is decent, but should be replaced by Hellmuth or some other pro that knows what he's talking about. I definitely prefer Chad over the WPT dork.

Hal 2000 08-17-2005 04:41 PM

"If you're gonna look at another guy for that long, the least you could do his give him a hot shave."

08-17-2005 04:45 PM

When Marcel Luske is informed that "Europe is on the phone and they want to know your chip count" at the 2004 ME:
"What does that mean? Yeah, Europe's on the phone, and South America's in the lobby"

Hal 2000 08-17-2005 04:51 PM

Raymer writes down in his book, "Seat 1 is a JERK."

08-17-2005 04:52 PM

Not quoting him exactly. went something like this when Phil Hellmuth made one of his infamous late entrances.

"Phil's not looking for his seat. He's looking for people to acknowledge his presence in the room"

Just looking at Phil's demeanour you get the feeling there was some truth to that. got a chuckle out of me.

mccreadj 08-17-2005 05:12 PM

I'm not sure if this was Norm or some other announcer, but I thought this was funny: a player was raising with a junk hand, and the announcer said something like "Did Gus Hansen just put out an instructional DVD that I'm not aware of?"

DemonDeac 08-17-2005 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"It's so quiet in here you can actually here Phil Hellmuth thinking to himself, 'I am the best player at this table'"

[/ QUOTE ]

this is easily his best line

TheCroShow 08-17-2005 07:44 PM

NC sux

kyro 08-17-2005 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this was Norm or some other announcer, but I thought this was funny: a player was raising with a junk hand, and the announcer said something like "Did Gus Hansen just put out an instructional DVD that I'm not aware of?"

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part about that quote was that one guy limped with 22 and another guy limped behind with 44 making his quote incredibly retarded.

08-17-2005 08:02 PM

I loved his one during the first Circuit event after Jean Robert Bellande says something like, "I'm far and away not the best player at the table." -obviously referring to Jennifer Harman.

NC says, "Uh maybe he's talking about Doug Lee."

MicroBob 08-17-2005 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that one guy limped with 22 and another guy limped behind with 44 making his quote incredibly retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that hand. NC was criticizing their play for limping with small pockets from EP to see if they could get in cheap and hit a set (turned out they both did...and then split the pot on a 'wheel' board).
There was nothing wrong with their play but NC acted like they were calling an all-in bet with 72o.

moose47 08-17-2005 09:42 PM

I may be mistaken but wasn't it Lon that was criticizing their play? I think it went

Lon "And [some guy] comes in with 44. Did Gus Hansen put out an instructional video"

Norman "Actually Gus doesn't like anything paired"

Not that this excuses Chad's numerous other mistakes.

Quake1028 08-17-2005 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

liquid 08-17-2005 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raymer writes down in his book, "Seat 1 is a JERK."

[/ QUOTE ]

stu-unger 08-17-2005 10:28 PM

phil helmuth says,"If it wasn't for luck i guess id win 'em all."

NC says,"Phil's last book was titled play poker like the pros, his next one should be cry like a baby."

not that funny, just thought id add it.

miajag81 08-17-2005 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think this is pretty funny.

Tyler Durden 08-17-2005 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"If you're gonna look at another guy for that long, the least you could do his give him a hot Carl."

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

TheBlueMonster 08-18-2005 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

CaptSensible 08-18-2005 02:37 AM

I can't remember the exact quote but it was something like "trying to win money at the blackjack table will make your stomach explode". Made me laugh out loud

Punker 08-18-2005 03:09 AM

There was two I liked; the one about the Crew putting out a coloring book, and (my favorite) one about Harrington being so old that his picture was on some of the money. Can't remember the exact lines for either one.

driller 08-18-2005 08:35 AM

His newspaper column, which is mainly about sports is pretty good, better than his "live" commentary.

Godfather80 08-18-2005 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The one about Harrington being so old that his picture was on some of the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful.

beekeeper 08-18-2005 10:33 AM

Dutch Boyd or some other member of the former "crew" was playing at a table with 3-4 players who had written poker books.

[Dutch Boyd's] writing a book on poker, a coloring book.

Easy E 08-18-2005 10:37 AM

Any divorce quote.. ANY.

You've beaten it into the ground, you bitter man, Norm. No WONDER they all left you.

henrikrh 08-18-2005 12:05 PM

"I would be playing here, but firstly I don't need the $5 million and secondly I don't have the $10k buy-in"

Thought that was pretty clever. He'a not a terrible announcer like some people say, guess he could easily get annoying to an uptight person.

revots33 08-18-2005 12:11 PM

"If you're gonna fold a set of tens in that spot, you might as well go sell refrigerator magnets on the beach."

Matt Williams 08-18-2005 02:29 PM

This was on the other day, but some poker player was saying his favorite hand was a 4-7 because it was sneaky. NC says, "His favorite hand is a 4-7? Hey Lon, I finally found someone I can beat!"

transmitt 08-18-2005 04:00 PM

Now wiping soda off the keyboard, I thought the hot carl was a thing only of legend.

Tyler Durden 08-18-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now wiping soda off the keyboard, I thought the hot carl was a thing only of legend.

[/ QUOTE ]

glad i could make ya chuckle.

imported_The Vibesman 08-18-2005 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"If you're gonna fold a set of tens in that spot, you might as well go sell refrigerator magnets on the beach."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of quote I really love from the guy. Hilariously absurd.

08-18-2005 05:53 PM

WSOP 2004 ME when Scott Fischman asks Doyle if he limped in with QQ again when his AK is re-raised all in. He then says "I can beat QQ" and NC was like "AK beats QQ. Someone owes me money from the other day"

that was quite funny.

benkahuna 08-18-2005 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was on the other day, but some poker player was saying his favorite hand was a 4-7 because it was sneaky. NC says, "His favorite hand is a 4-7? Hey Lon, I finally found someone I can beat!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, but they were suited. Sorry, my BP.

T_Money 08-19-2005 02:25 AM

Easily this one.

"Prahlad is a vegetarian and likes to meditate a lot... I don't agree with either of those decisions, but whatever he has to live his own life."

Then RWIII picks up aces after Prahlad raises w/ like 46 and NC says "Now THERE'S a meat lovers hand."

And I agree that Norm is better than VVP and possibly sexton, I wish ESPN could get a pro to do commentary. FSN is still by far the best w/ howard and konik.

DDC67 08-19-2005 08:52 PM

One of my favorites is from 2004ME final table. I'm not sure but I think it was when Al Krux is All-in the second time against Raymer. If you remember, Krux was the guy with the white towel around his neck and NC says something like, "Al's going to need a real good cut man...if he wants to stay in this tournament."

08-19-2005 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my favorites is from 2004ME final table. I'm not sure but I think it was when Al Krux is All-in the second time against Raymer. If you remember, Krux was the guy with the white towel around his neck and NC says something like, "Al's going to need a real good cut man...if he wants to stay in this tournament."

[/ QUOTE ]

Just looked it up. It was Matthew Hilger's pocket rockets up against Al's 99.

Norman Chad's quote,

"Al Krux's got a towel on hand. He's soon going to need a cut man."

lol, great line.

DDC67 08-19-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just looked it up. It was Matthew Hilger's pocket rockets up against Al's 99.

Norman Chad's quote,

"Al Krux's got a towel on hand. He's soon going to need a cut man."

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for getting the context right. I tried to do it from memory. Probably my favorite NC line.