Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Esfandiari (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=317090)

DrSavage 08-17-2005 12:01 PM

Esfandiari

Could someone enlighten me why he's being referred to as Rocks & Rings ?

DemonDeac 08-17-2005 12:02 PM

Re: Esfandiari

cuz of his webpage

its a total 1.4 baby

lucas9000 08-17-2005 12:03 PM

go to his website (i would provide a link but i can't bear to ever see it again).

DrSavage 08-17-2005 12:36 PM

tyvm

autobet 08-17-2005 12:47 PM

I guess his secret order is not so secret...

KingMedicine 08-17-2005 01:04 PM

i just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Godfather80 08-17-2005 01:10 PM

This guy remains a hero to math teams everywhere. I'd write more, but I'm hotwiring right now. So 1.4, baby!

lighterjobs 08-17-2005 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just a little bit?

Quercus 08-17-2005 02:41 PM

Antonio doesn't want to join your stinky club, he has his OWN club and he is the PRESIDENT.

NobodysFreak 08-17-2005 03:29 PM

Wow... that's all I can say.

MeanGreenTT 08-17-2005 03:48 PM

Is wearing a backpack 1.4?

Sluss 08-17-2005 04:40 PM

I just lost five minutes of my life. Thanks Deac.

unit63 08-17-2005 05:10 PM

Rocks & Rings is what happens when a scrawny little dorktard named Amir gets beaten up one too many times in middle school.

KingCon 08-17-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy remains a hero to math teams everywhere. I'd write more, but I'm hotwiring right now. So 1.4, baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

If youa re hotwiring, make sure you have some DEEP DISH, and dont be a budget boy when it coems to the wine

DemonDeac 08-17-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rocks & Rings is what happens when a scrawny little dorktard named Amir gets beaten up one too many times in middle school.

[/ QUOTE ]

its Antonio.

DemonDeac 08-17-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just lost five minutes of my life. Thanks Deac.

[/ QUOTE ]

i aim to please

Sponger15SB 08-17-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its Antonio.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not have read all of the website then. It says his birth name was Amir.

Jim T 08-17-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its Antonio.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not have read all of the website then. It says his birth name was Amir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn you have a strong stomach.

KSOT 08-17-2005 06:21 PM

What is the origin of the 1.4 joke I always see about him?

Scooterdoo 08-17-2005 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the origin of the 1.4 joke I always see about him?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go to his website you'll see that the the Rocks and Rings club has it's own dictionary. Here's the official definition of 1.4 (I'm not making this up):

1.4. Homage to the $1.4 million that Antonio won at the 2004 LA Poker Classic, now an R&R seal of approval. "This party is a total 1.4."

DemonDeac 08-17-2005 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its Antonio.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts exactly

TheCroShow 08-17-2005 07:39 PM

cuz he's on point

Klepton 08-17-2005 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in some cultures, they only eat vomit

MicroBob 08-17-2005 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1.4. Homage to the $1.4 million that Antonio won at the 2004 LA Poker Classic, now an R&R seal of approval. "This party is a total 1.4."

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of referring to things like this in honor of Antonio.

from now on whenever I go to a party that's a completely gay I'll say "This party is a total 1.4."
Or more simply, "This party is so Antonio."

Do something really jackass-ish and I'll say, "Geez...How Antonio of you."

It would be pretty fun to have the opportunity to sit at the same table as him and use these phrases either in his presence or directly towards him.
I look forward to the opportunity.

Al P 08-17-2005 11:36 PM

We could always googlebomb his website....

zipo 08-18-2005 12:10 AM

I didn't really read the site - I thought the 1.4 referred to his penis length in inches.

And it's obvious all the talk about "babies" is a pathetic obfuscation of some pretty blatant homoeroticism. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

cadillac1234 08-18-2005 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cuz of his webpage

its a total 1.4 baby

[/ QUOTE ]

Shopping at the Sharper Image is really cool.

thatpfunk 08-18-2005 08:53 AM

I hope this is a 2+2er joking:
[ QUOTE ]
ASK ANTONIO

Got a question that needs an urgent answer? Send it this instant to Askantonio@ultimatebet.com

What's up Antonio?

I just wanted to say that you have been a huge inspiration for me. I tend to lack confidence, even though I have a lot going for me: girls seem to find me hot, I drive a Porsche, I just graduated in mechanical engineering... Still man, I'm very shy and seeing someone like you living life at its fullest just makes me wants to change completely. Your advice on how to play high stakes tournaments and how to pick up girls is exactly right. I won't be afraid anymore and I won't settle for second. Hearing it from you (good person, excellent poker player, lucky with the ladies) makes it that much sweeter. Not only will your advice improve my poker game, but my life in general I'm sure.

Thanks man, you're the best and I really look up to you.

Your #1 fan,

Alexx from Montreal

Wow, Alexx,

What can I say? All this time I thought I was just playing poker and here I'm changing people's lives. Well, okay, man. Keep on keepin' on. Life's a party and you're on the VIP list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Khabbi 08-18-2005 09:50 AM

I'm reading this from work and I still feel like I have wasted my own time. I can't beleive this guys is for real.

Malachii 08-18-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't really read the site - I thought the 1.4 referred to his penis length in inches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genius

Allinlife 08-18-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its Antonio.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
*laf*

Rosie5 08-18-2005 03:57 PM

you fags are all just mad Antonio wouldn't let you into his club

he taught me how to do the wave, that's right THE WAVE

but honestly, you have to be a prettttty big dork to do something like 'the wave' and have people overlook that and make fun of you for something else.

i love how people like Antionio, Prahlad and even more mainstream people like jessica simpson lose all their respect once you see them outside of their careers [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

dynamite 08-18-2005 05:35 PM

I'm pretty sure you Budget Boys are just jealous becuase you don't hotwire with any pluckworthy honeys, like antonio does.

Tapin 08-18-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be pretty fun to have the opportunity to sit at the same table as him and use these phrases either in his presence or directly towards him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell, don't "use the phrases". Just quote his website at him.

"Hey, Antonio: BITE. An incoming cell phone call, especially from a baby. 'I've got to step outside and take this bite.'"

"I read something deeply profound the other day. 'Eudamonism: A lifestyle of hedonism tempered by reason.'"

(Deep movie-announcer voice required) "In the history of humanity there have been many secret orders: The Free and Accepted Masons; the Hickenloopers; the Gnomes of Zurich. Some of these groups are bent on global domination, while others just, you know, want to have fun. It's in the latter category that you'll find Rocks and Rings (or R&R as its shorthandedly known), a posse comprised of Antonio and his closest friends, guys who really know how to party -- and seem determined to teach the world this skill, one nightclub at a time."

I have a feeling that last one would work best immediately after he goes all-in with KK against his opponent's AA, but before he puts his backpack on.

Al P 08-18-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We could always googlebomb his website....

[/ QUOTE ]

For those that don't know this is the process of creating links on many websites and using the text of those links to influence google search results. For example go to google and search for "miserable failure". Even though the #1 result doesn't have that text on it, enough people created links like this:
miserable failure
to get it to #1.

So we could do something like Small Penis and if enough of us put a link like that on our blogs and websites eventually his name will show up #1 in google when anyone searches for "small penis".

Or we could hit Phil Hellmuth.

Rosie5 08-18-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure you Budget Boys are just jealous becuase you don't hotwire with any pluckworthy honeys, like antonio does.

[/ QUOTE ]

TAKE IT BACK

Daniel Hoerr 08-18-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of referring to things like this in honor of Antonio.

from now on whenever I go to a party that's a completely gay I'll say "This party is a total 1.4."
Or more simply, "This party is so Antonio."

Do something really jackass-ish and I'll say, "Geez...How Antonio of you."

[/ QUOTE ]

Thant's not a bad idea at all.

This is a repost from an older thread this year...

Funny story from the WSOP floor, Saturday June 11:

We had been mostly playing cash games all day, myself, my wife and another couple friends of ours. We were also with a couple that did not play, but had come along to see the spectacle that is the WSOP. While at the table, my non-playing friend Gary started asking a lot of questions, etc so I decided to walk him around a little bit and show him some faces, explain some of the games, etc.

After sweating Huck Seed and Eric Lindgren for a little while and trying to explain some basic parts of the game being played, we started walking back to the area where my chips sat at my 5/10 NL table. On the edge between the tournament area there is an ongoing cash game which can usually include any number of known faces and was most commonly spreading a high stakes mixed game. At this particular time the table consisted of Antonio, JDags, Raymer, Laak and Patty G as I recall. We stopped for a couple of seconds standing just to the left rear of Antonio and I tried to put into layman's terms what was going on at the table.

All of the sudden out of know where, Antonio goes "Hey honey..." Looking in the direction he was spitting his words stood a rather homely looking blonde, probably 6' tall, thin body with a skin-tight pink shirt that read "VIRGIN" across her breast. I wouldn't have been surprised if she just came from a Slayer concert or perhaps a trailer park with her hair all short and ratty with obvious dark roots glaring under her horrid bleach job.

"Come over here, what's your shirt say sweetheart?" Antonio continued.

"Virgin" as she gave a little smile to him as to ask to be bent over the table.

"Are you?" he asked. "Not at all" she said. Duh. Then he says (and I swear these were his words), "come over here, you're a hot little thing aren't you... Why don't you sit down behind me for a while and let's talk." She couldn't get to the chair fast enough and was acting like a star-struck Beatles fan on February 7, 1964.

Not really wanting to puke on the table, I made my way back to my table and Gary headed over and told the story to our other friend Phil. Now, Phil's about 6'5", 280lbs of Columbian tough guy. Nice as can be most of the time, but turns into "that guy" when he wants to run his mouth.

Hearing the story and conjuring up memories of magicantonio.com, Phil decided he was going to have some fun. He came and got me and said "Just don't look at him as we walk by."...

As we approach the table, we are looking forward as Phil instructed, and Phil spouts out "I wonder if that faggot with the Rocks and Rings website is here..." Completely nonchalantly, just as if mentioning it in passing.

I almost hacked up an organ trying to keep from laughing, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Antonio whip around at about 120 mph and stare us down as we continued to walk past the table on our way to the lobby.

I really wish he would have said something back for no other reason than to be an observer to a certain exchange between the two of them as Phil NEVER shuts his mouth! But that was the end.

I saw Antonio throughout the entire weekend here and there, once darting directly into the womens restroom apparently too cool to wait in the mens line that had formed during a break.

I guess it's just the nail in the coffin of his shitty "holier-than-thou" attitude.

GimmeDaWatch 08-20-2005 05:33 AM

I too came across his unctuous Persianess' website a few months back, and felt compelled to share it with my roommates. The following blog entry is the result:

http://crushedbyinertia.blogspot.com...ve-awards.html

I e-mailed Antonio a link, wonder if he got it?

AlcateL 08-20-2005 06:43 AM

quote from his site:

"Did you know that he busted out of the Big One at the 2004 WSOP in the first few hours of play? Can you imagine that Antonio -- magic though he may be -- loses more tournaments than he wins? Of course he does. Everybody does! And that, in a sense, is the secret of Antonio's success."

benkahuna 08-20-2005 07:12 AM

I can't tell if you love Antonio or hate him. Whatever it is, you got strong feelings Mr.

I think I now know about 1000x more about Antonio than I ever wanted to know.

I wrote about him in my blog too. I saw him at the WSOP ME this year and asked him to autograph a card for me. I then proceeded to spill half the deck on the ground. He and his girlfriend were very nice about helping me pick them up (and it's not like I asked them, they were just helpful). I then told him I dropped them because I was really nervous about being around him. Heh. He thought I was serious and said "Don't be." The thought that he thought I was serious still puts a smile on my face. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]