Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Costco (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315726)

stankybank 08-15-2005 03:33 PM

Costco

this place for all you noobs.

anyhow, some of my favorite food items here are the rotisserie chicken, taquitos (delimex steak brand?), and some of their steaks.

I usually get some Soy Milk as well.

What does your typical list look like?

JaBlue 08-15-2005 03:35 PM

Re: Costco

the point of costco is to buy the absolute biggest quantity of something that you can, not to buy single rotisserie chickens and steaks.

jakethebake 08-15-2005 03:36 PM

My favorite item is whatever samples they're handing out that day. Drives the wife crazy. She shops while I run from sample stand to sample stand eating a bunch of crap. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sponger15SB 08-15-2005 03:36 PM

I usually eat out, so when I go to costco I only buy stuff like Cheezits, Milk, Tortillas, Pepperjack Cheese, Muffins, etc.

However back when I used to "cook" I would buy the french bread pizza, which is incredible. Also potstickers and Taquitos.

Sponger15SB 08-15-2005 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the point of costco is to buy the absolute biggest quantity of something that you can, not to buy single rotisserie chickens and steaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, god has spoken.

Ok everyone, we can go home now....

shant 08-15-2005 03:37 PM

The chicken bakes are rad. So are tons of free samples.

jakethebake 08-15-2005 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and Taquitos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the giant boxes. Also, the stuffed jalepenos.

Sponger15SB 08-15-2005 03:38 PM

Of course the best thing about costco is the hotdog + drink for $1.62 (incl tax)

Shajen 08-15-2005 03:38 PM

Is she not wearing anything under her apron?

SWEET. http://www.xeni.net/images/bm2003/costco.jpg

jakethebake 08-15-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is she not wearing anything under her apron?

SWEET. http://www.xeni.net/images/bm2003/costco.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap!!! Where was this?

sfer 08-15-2005 03:39 PM

I've never gone to Costco and not eaten 2 hotdogs on the way out.

Shajen 08-15-2005 03:41 PM

Looks to be Burning Man.

Damned hippies. She's moderately attractive though.

touchfaith 08-15-2005 03:42 PM

It's all about getting the flatbed pushcart, seeing how much you can pile on and figuring out what you got when you get home (and finish your hot dogs).

jakethebake 08-15-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks to be Burning Man.

Damned hippies. She's moderately attractive though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's Burning Man? What's the story behind this pic? I will be lobbying hard for naked Costco workers here.

jakethebake 08-15-2005 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never gone to Costco and not eaten 2 hotdogs on the way out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not had the hot dogs. Should i try them? Are they really good? Are they worth saving some room for? maybe I'll forego my third trip to the toasted ravioli or crab salad sample cart next time.

irishpint 08-15-2005 03:48 PM

OTTERPOPS

CHOCOLATE MILK

CHILI

dcasper70 08-15-2005 03:49 PM

they have a seasoned whole porkloin that is fantastic.

I also like the gallon jugs of salsa and the giant bricks of velveeta. Nuke those together and you're set for the weekend!

Shajen 08-15-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What's Burning Man?

[/ QUOTE ]
A hippy fest where a bunch of hippy drug users go out to the middle of the desert, do a bunch of drugs and listen to hippy music. They also apparently burn a giant "man" one of the hippies made.

[ QUOTE ]
I will be lobbying hard for naked Costco workers here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good idea, and I'd vote for you.

<font color="white">wonder how long it'll take for someone to respond defending burning man? Not that I actually care at all about it. </font>

beerbandit 08-15-2005 04:02 PM

i had never heard of this place before - i was out of town going to a party and needed some beer/booze

i saw this place and seeing the cart racks decided i cold buy some there --- walk in get the [censored] and stand in line ---- you need to be a member to buy [censored] [censored]

i didnt realize it was like sams club(which is what i use), they didnt check me at the door - so i just wandered not realizing that i was just wasting a bunch of time

[censored] you costco

love,
rob

ChipWrecked 08-15-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What's Burning Man?

[/ QUOTE ]
A hippy fest where a bunch of hippy drug users go out to the middle of the desert, do a bunch of drugs and listen to hippy music. They also apparently burn a giant "man" one of the hippies made.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">wonder how long it'll take for someone to respond defending burning man? Not that I actually care at all about it. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

One good thing about Burning Man is the website has lots of good desert camping tips.

However.

Hippies suck.

Edit: Christ! Hippie titty made me forget what the thread topic was.

I'm married with a kid. Giant portions of toilet paper, baby wipes and paper towels. And a few cases of Diet 7Up.

jakethebake 08-15-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What's Burning Man?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One good thing about Burning Man is the website has lots of good desert camping tips.

However.

Hippies suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they all wear flip flops.

brassnuts 08-15-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've not had the hot dogs. Should i try them? Are they really good?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a hotdog.

brassnuts 08-15-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i had never heard of this place before - i was out of town going to a party and needed some beer/booze

i saw this place and seeing the cart racks decided i cold buy some there --- walk in get the [censored] and stand in line ---- you need to be a member to buy [censored] [censored]

i didnt realize it was like sams club(which is what i use), they didnt check me at the door - so i just wandered not realizing that i was just wasting a bunch of time

[censored] you costco

love,
rob

[/ QUOTE ]

You had never heard of Costco? Don't bash it just because you were raised in a barn or basement or something (they probably just don't have them where you were raised but I'm going to be an ass).

Also, you don't need to be a Costco member to buy alcohol. Federal law mandates that alcohol, prescription drugs, medical type stuff, and some other things have to be available to anyone. Don't exactly know why alcohol fits into that category, but it's great because all I really ever buy at Costco is alcohol.

beerbandit 08-15-2005 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You had never heard of Costco? Don't bash it just because you were raised in a barn or basement or something (they probably just don't have them where you were raised but I'm going to be an ass).

[/ QUOTE ]

not barn, but we didnt have insulated windows --- we have sams club -- which seems to be close to the same thing

[ QUOTE ]

Also, you don't need to be a Costco member to buy alcohol. Federal law mandates that alcohol, prescription drugs, medical type stuff, and some other things have to be available to anyone. Don't exactly know why alcohol fits into that category, but it's great because all I really ever buy at Costco is alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

now i really [censored] hate costco, that [censored] at the check out line said i couldnt buy that [censored]

edit: i was in canada, i dont know if that makes a difference

meep_42 08-15-2005 04:25 PM

Nice avatar.

-d

RunDownHouse 08-15-2005 04:32 PM

I used to buy all my beer at Sam's Club (same thing as Costco) and on more than one occasion had to inform the cashier that I did not have to be a member to buy beer, and ask to see a manager if they continued to insist that I needed a membership.

offTopic 08-15-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyhow, some of my favorite food items here are the rotisserie chicken, taquitos (delimex steak brand?), and some of their steaks.

I usually get some Soy Milk as well.

What does your typical list look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ribs, when they have them. Lately, I've been getting the granola and/or the Aussie Bites (though those look pretty straightforward to make).

Costco cookies are terrific.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Costco.

jakethebake 08-15-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ribs, when they have them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last ribs iu got there were pretty good. but they have no clue about brisket. They trim all the fat off. You can't smoke a damn brisket w/ no fat on it.

wayabvpar 08-15-2005 04:45 PM

Toilet Paper
Mach III razor replacement heads
Books
DVDs
Fresh bread
Beer/Wine/soda/other drinks

Usually a Polish Sausage dog with mustard, relish, and onions on the way out, and maybe a slice of pizza. Mmmmmm.

Sponger15SB 08-15-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a hotdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are extremely good though, plus its only $1.62

Just grab one on the way out. Its a nice big dog on a sesame seed bun. Very yummy. I used to take my girlfriend there on our dates.

jakethebake 08-15-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The extremely good part hooks me. The only $1.62 doesn't. You realize a whole pack of dogs is like half that much in the meat section?

wayabvpar 08-15-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The extremely good part hooks me. The only $1.62 doesn't. You realize a whole pack of dogs is like half that much in the meat section?

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of white trash ghetto dogs are you buying? Are those things made with horsemeat or something? The decent dogs are $2-$3 a pack minimum.

citanul 08-15-2005 05:30 PM

the way your question is phrased, it should be like "what kind of meat are they, Unicorn?!"

they're talking about buying individual, cooked hotdogs, not a package of them.

citanul

Los Feliz Slim 08-15-2005 05:47 PM

Diapers
Baby Wipes
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Laundry Detergent
Dish Detergent

The above all in quantities sufficient to see me through a 90-day siege.

Variably:
Toothbrush heads for the Oral-B
Beer
High-end liquor (Patron, single malts)
Wine
Hamburger
Fruit
Vegetables
Socks
Underwear
CD's
Soap

RollaJ 08-15-2005 06:04 PM

frozen mozzarella sticks
Salsa
Steaks
Choc chip cookies

..........Super Sized TUMS-EX

brassnuts 08-15-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a hotdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just grab one on the way out. Its a nice big dog on a sesame seed bun. Very yummy. I used to take my girlfriend there on our dates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, dude, don't get me wrong. Back when I was a broke ass, I used to eat Costco hot dogs 2-4 times a week, standard. Half the time, I'd show up with 16 dimes and 2 pennies.

wayabvpar 08-15-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the way your question is phrased, it should be like "what kind of meat are they, Unicorn?!"

they're talking about buying individual, cooked hotdogs, not a package of them.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

The Costco Dogs are a great deal. I am talking about buying an entire pack of hotdogs for $.81 (1/2 of $1.62). To get them that cheap, you have to be buying some seriously low quality meat.

cadillac1234 08-15-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of white trash ghetto dogs are you buying? Are those things made with horsemeat or something? The decent dogs are $2-$3 a pack minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're Hebrew Nationals...Kosher is about as good and clean as a hotdog can get.

RollaJ 08-15-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...Kosher is about as good and clean as a hotdog can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic since kosher has nothing to do with good or clean [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

citanul 08-15-2005 07:08 PM

kosher has everything to do with "clean."

citanul