Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I Just Took SECOND Place at The Gaming Club (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314128)

CLC 08-12-2005 11:44 PM

I Just Took SECOND Place at The Gaming Club

Forgive me if I come off as bragging, but I guess I am. This is a big deal to me.

I have been dabbling with MTTs for the last couple weeks. Mainly playing smaller tourneys with small buy-ins. I have done pretty good, making "the money" several times.

I got a phone call from The Gaming Club Wednesday advising me that there was a "special" $5000 Freeroll that I was eligible to play. I took them up oon the offer and tonight I played in the tourney.

I TOOK SECOND PLACE. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The prize was $975.

nervous 08-13-2005 12:01 AM

Re: I Just Took SECOND Place at The Gaming Club

nice job

dizong 08-13-2005 12:02 AM

Congratulations man

HavanaBanana 08-13-2005 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me if I come off as bragging, but I guess I am. This is a big deal to me.

I have been dabbling with MTTs for the last couple weeks. Mainly playing smaller tourneys with small buy-ins. I have done pretty good, making "the money" several times.

I got a phone call from The Gaming Club Wednesday advising me that there was a "special" $5000 Freeroll that I was eligible to play. I took them up oon the offer and tonight I played in the tourney.

I TOOK SECOND PLACE. The prize was $975.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watta Playa! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ToT

groo 08-13-2005 03:16 AM

So that was you that beat me, I was 6th. Good job!!

Nice freeroll, wasn't it? 68 players for $5000 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

smartalecc5 08-13-2005 03:21 AM

haha, the OP forgot to mention there were 68 players!!

damn - thats like real good overlay.

08-13-2005 04:30 AM

congratulation!!
and good luck for the next one!

Benholio 08-13-2005 05:26 AM

Wow, last $5k freeroll I got to play there had 400+ players. Isn't it too bad we don't have an insider around here to get us into some good opportunities like this one? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CLC 08-13-2005 09:25 AM

Yes it was a nice Tourney. I apologize if I knocked you out (well, maybe a small apology). I too, had not played at Gaming Club since they had their $300 bonus. Kinda of a nice "please come back" promotion.

I wasn't sure if I was going to get to play. I usually get home from work late on Fridays had had less than an hour to DL the software, get login info, etc. I had a few problems and had to get on phone with support. I managed to register with almost 15 minutes to spare.

As for the 68 players, I was amazed. I expected way more. I kept waiting for the ticker to take off.

Keith Fellmy 08-13-2005 11:00 AM

congrats even though we now hate you.

Yea there is a special site that I play that has a 5 digit freeroll for qualified players and gets a similar amount of players. I always cash in at that tourney. Lots of fun.

dibbs 08-13-2005 11:46 AM

Congrats bro. How are the small buy in tourneys on TGC? Tourney structure, play etc. I mainly play ring but have been somewhat interested in tourneys lately like yourself so I'm startin to check these out.

groo 08-13-2005 11:52 PM

I'm not sure if it was you that knocked me out. I got tired and made a bad decision went all in with slightly smaller than average stack with 55, ran in to TT as I recall. I'm pretty pleased though, I don't play many tournaments, my last cash was the tsunami relief tournament, lol.

I had planned on playing all day and nearly missed it, got busy and literally sat down, signed on and was on the button in the first hand and three people had already folded.

Thanks to Gaming Club for the invite. And good job to you.

gk2400 08-14-2005 12:05 AM

Congrats. I took 5th I was jaba2400. I think the freeroll had to do with signing up through bonus whores. Leson boys & girls always sign through bonus whores on sites [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Gene

jek187 08-15-2005 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats. I took 5th I was jaba2400. I think the freeroll had to do with signing up through bonus whores. Leson boys & girls always sign through bonus whores on sites [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Gene

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. Players who signed up through either BW or (the now inactive) RakeReturns were sent special invites to this tourney.

groo 08-15-2005 05:25 PM

thanks jek [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]