Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Andy Ried Kicks TO out of Practice (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312275)

Sluss 08-10-2005 04:22 PM

Andy Ried Kicks TO out of Practice

Linky Linky

Josh W 08-10-2005 04:36 PM

Re: Andy Ried Kicks TO out of Practice

according to ESPN (the tv station, not the website), it is unclear at this time if reid told him to leave or he left on his own accord.

regardless...not the ideal situation in philly...

Josh

sublime 08-10-2005 04:40 PM

TO is the biggest douchebag in pro sports

CollinEstes 08-10-2005 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep he beats Bonds by a hair.

Soul Daddy 08-10-2005 04:48 PM

He is a whiny little bitch. This saga is like a bad, neverending wrestling storyline.

ThaSaltCracka 08-10-2005 04:54 PM

where are all the TO defenders now? I know they were everywhere when everyone was discussing TO vs. Moss. I, for one, never liked that jerkoff.

Soul Daddy 08-10-2005 04:58 PM

They're both ridiculous. TO's off-field antics are out of control, but he goes all out once you get him on the field. They are both incredible talents while simulaneously being douches.

Boris 08-10-2005 05:42 PM

T.O. is the man. The Eagles will be mediocre without him. It's pretty clear to me that the Eagles ownership has very little interest in putting a championship caliber team on the field. They just want to fill up the stadium and pay as little as possble to field a team. I mean they still havn't cut Todd Stinkton for cryin out loud!

As for the biggest douche in sports I'd have to go with Larry Brown or Rafael Pamliero.

CollinEstes 08-10-2005 05:47 PM

Andre Johnson > TO

Boris 08-10-2005 05:51 PM

riiiiiight. We're looking for data driven comments here please.

holeplug 08-10-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
T.O. is the man. The Eagles will be mediocre without him. It's pretty clear to me that the Eagles ownership has very little interest in putting a championship caliber team on the field. They just want to fill up the stadium and pay as little as possble to field a team. I mean they still havn't cut Todd Stinkton for cryin out loud!

[/ QUOTE ]

They made it to the NFC championship game 3 years in a row without him...and he was out for the NFC playoffs last year and the Eagles still easily won both those games.

Boris 08-10-2005 05:57 PM

that's because the NFC SUCKS!!! Do you think the Eagles would've had a prayer in the super bowl last year w/o TO?

Sluss 08-10-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
according to ESPN (the tv station, not the website), it is unclear at this time if reid told him to leave or he left on his own accord.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comcast just had an interview with T.O. from his house. Man is this guy a douche. They did confirm that Reid told him to leave and he is susspended from the team for a week. This also allows a special fine that is in T.O.'s contract for a $1.9 million return from his signing bonus. I don't think T.O. knows this.

billyjex 08-10-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep he beats Bonds by a hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

bonds was always a good teammate. He loved the Giants because of his family history and it's his home. TO is a douchebag who thinks nothing of anyone but himself.

TO is honestly an embarresment to mankind.

ThaSaltCracka 08-10-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the biggest douche in sports I'd have to go with Larry Brown or Rafael Pamliero.

[/ QUOTE ] good call, especially w/ Brown.

benfranklin 08-10-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Latest story is that Reid sent him home.
Here.

So I guess now T.O. stands for Time Out.

Loved this one:

[ QUOTE ]
Owens also skipped a scheduled autograph session with the rest of the Eagles' receivers after practice.

``He was unable to attend because he was injured,'' Etheredge said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess with that injury, he couldn't reach the pen in his sock.

sublime 08-10-2005 06:20 PM

It's pretty clear to me that the Eagles ownership has very little interest in putting a championship caliber team on the field.

based on what exactly?

nolanfan34 08-10-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty clear to me that the Eagles ownership has very little interest in putting a championship caliber team on the field.

based on what exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe you were being sarcastic and I missed it Boris, but I disagree. I'd say signing TO to a 6 year (7 year?) $40+ million contract LAST year was a sign they want to win.

I have no patience at all for guys like TO who sign a contract like that, then want to holdout. I'll give a bit more leniency to guys who bust out as rookies and are making near the minimum, but that's not that case here.

DemonDeac 08-10-2005 06:36 PM

we need TO. right now, our #1 WR is Greg Lewis. now he's GONNNA be good, but he cant be a #1. we can't win a Super Bowl without a premiere WR.

if we dont have TO, we need to trade for one

benfranklin 08-10-2005 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where are all the TO defenders now? I know they were everywhere when everyone was discussing TO vs. Moss. I, for one, never liked that jerkoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always felt that Moss was just a immature kid, totally oblivious to the rest of the world. TO impresses me as being much more aware of reality, and deliberately manipulative and self-serving.

You want to give Randy a kick in the butt to get him to focus. You want to give TO a kick in the gonads, just on general principle.

Josh W 08-10-2005 06:47 PM

I'm not pretending the Reggie Brown can carry TOs jock, but what do you think of him?

Josh

gonores 08-10-2005 06:54 PM

An open letter to all TO haters:

Are you insane? "TO is the biggest douchebag in sports" "TO's off-the-field antics are too much" "TO is a bigger problem than Moss" etc. These statements are knee-jerk reactions to today's story. When has TO EVER made negative non-football headlines a la Randy Moss? Granted, he is no Marvin Harrison in terms of character, but c'mon. When push comes to shove, TO will be there for his team. There is no precedent to think otherwise. Is a shameless self-promoter? Yes. Is he motivated by money? Yes. Has he ever let his team down when it counts? No.

TO will be a starter on opening day, and I am willing to put my money where my mouth is on that one.

Cheers,

Doug

sublime 08-10-2005 06:57 PM

dude, he signed a lavish contract, now doesnt want to honer it and is becoming such a distraction that he was aksed to leave camp. how that is 'being there for your teammates' is beyond me.

TO will be a starter on opening day, and I am willing to put my money where my mouth is on that one.

wow, a real bold predication, considering if he doesnt play he doesnt get paid!

SomethingClever 08-10-2005 07:12 PM

He's definitely causing a huge distraction that can't be anything but detrimental to the team.

I appreciate that he isn't out running people over with his car, sure, but that doesn't mean he's not a total douche.

Triumph36 08-10-2005 07:41 PM

Yes, he has. In the 2002 NFC Wild Card Game, TO took a costly 15 yard personal foul near the end of the game after a touchdown catch. Had the Giants not been stupid and taken a retalitory personal foul, the Niners would've been kicking off from their own 20.

Owens is all about himself, and that's great when the team is winning and he's getting paid well. But when anything goes wrong, I think TO's exactly the wrong guy to have around - he will make things worse.

ThaSaltCracka 08-10-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These statements are knee-jerk reactions to today's story.

[/ QUOTE ] no they are not.

He show zero class on the field
He rips former teammates and coaches, even accusing one of being gay.
He refuses to play for teams in which he is traded too
He holds out
and...

Showed nothing but utter selfishness this entire off-season. Clearly a class A douche.

2+2 wannabe 08-10-2005 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These statements are knee-jerk reactions to today's story.

[/ QUOTE ] no they are not.

He show zero class on the field
He rips former teammates and coaches, even accusing one of being gay.
He refuses to play for teams in which he is traded to
He holds out
and...

Showed nothing but utter selfishness this entire off-season. Clearly a class A douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

game, set, match

SossMan 08-10-2005 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we can't win a Super Bowl without a premiere WR.

[/ QUOTE ]

XXXIX Feb. 6, 2005 New England 24, Philadelphia 21
XXXVIII Feb. 1, 2004 New England 32, Carolina 29
XXXVII Jan. 26, 2003 Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21
XXXVI Feb. 3, 2002 New England 20, St. Louis 17
XXXV Jan. 28, 2001 Baltimore 34, N.Y. Giants 7
XXXIV Jan. 30, 2000 St. Louis 23, Tennessee 16
XXXIII Jan. 31, 1999 Denver 34, Atlanta 19
XXXII Jan. 25, 1998 Denver 31, Green Bay 24
XXXI Jan. 26, 1997 Green Bay 35, New England 21
XXX Jan. 28, 1996 Dallas 27, Pittsburgh 17
XXIX Jan. 29, 1995 San Francisco 49, San Diego 26
XXVIII Jan. 30, 1994 Dallas 30, Buffalo 13
XXVII Jan. 31, 1993 Dallas 52, Buffalo 17
XXVI Jan. 26, 1992 Washington 37, Buffalo 24
XXV Jan. 27, 1991 N.Y. Giants 20, Buffalo 19
XXIV Jan. 28, 1990 San Francisco 55, Denver 10

since 1990, only Dallas and San Francisco had top WR on the superbowl winning team.

thatpfunk 08-11-2005 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we can't win a Super Bowl without a premiere WR.

[/ QUOTE ]

XXXIX Feb. 6, 2005 New England 24, Philadelphia 21
XXXVIII Feb. 1, 2004 New England 32, Carolina 29
XXXVII Jan. 26, 2003 Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21
XXXVI Feb. 3, 2002 New England 20, St. Louis 17
XXXV Jan. 28, 2001 Baltimore 34, N.Y. Giants 7
XXXIV Jan. 30, 2000 St. Louis 23, Tennessee 16
XXXIII Jan. 31, 1999 Denver 34, Atlanta 19
XXXII Jan. 25, 1998 Denver 31, Green Bay 24
XXXI Jan. 26, 1997 Green Bay 35, New England 21
XXX Jan. 28, 1996 Dallas 27, Pittsburgh 17
XXIX Jan. 29, 1995 San Francisco 49, San Diego 26
XXVIII Jan. 30, 1994 Dallas 30, Buffalo 13
XXVII Jan. 31, 1993 Dallas 52, Buffalo 17
XXVI Jan. 26, 1992 Washington 37, Buffalo 24
XXV Jan. 27, 1991 N.Y. Giants 20, Buffalo 19
XXIV Jan. 28, 1990 San Francisco 55, Denver 10

since 1990, only Dallas and San Francisco had top WR on the superbowl winning team.

[/ QUOTE ]

St. Louis and Denver had a top 10 reciever when they won.

siccjay 08-11-2005 02:26 AM

You little T.O. fanboys are sick. I always thought this guy was great. He was creative on the field and extremely talented.

After the stunts he's proved this preseason it is proven that he is nothing but a cancer. If he was making less than a million or maybe even less than 2 this would be a LITTLE more reasonable.

I really think the guy is crazy. He has to be.

He is 10000x worse than Bonds.

imported_anacardo 08-11-2005 02:29 AM

Art Monk was pretty good, too.

Easy E 08-11-2005 04:31 PM

I've wondered about the T.O. effect from last year. He certainly had a strong impact on the offense during the regular season. He had no impact in the playoffs, being injured.
His SB stats were inflated by the soft defense that the Pats played- taking away the home run ball.

He joined a repeat NFC champion in a year that the playoff teams that the Eagles beat were seen as more suspect than we thought.

So, how much real impact did he have? Could the Eagles have gone to the SB without him during the regular season?
We'll never know.

Easy E 08-11-2005 04:32 PM

TO will be there for his team.

As long as "his team" doesn't mean the Eagles.. or any other NFL team. His team is the T.O team.

And I'll take that bet on starting opening day.

Easy E 08-11-2005 04:34 PM

Someone has forgotten about a certain groin injury. Don't think he won't get paid, unless he's suspended for conduct or traded.

Easy E 08-11-2005 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These statements are knee-jerk reactions to today's story. When has TO EVER made negative non-football headlines a la Randy Moss? Granted, he is no Marvin Harrison in terms of character, but c'mon. Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are reactions to his long history, not just this summer but with the 49ers.

The question we can't answer, the Moss question, is does a talented athlete with great skills who's a malcontent cost his team more than he contributes on the field? In other words, does Vikings - Moss = a gain? Will Eaagles - T.O. = +EV?

This will be interesting to follow.

sublime 08-11-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Someone has forgotten about a certain groin injury. Don't think he won't get paid, unless he's suspended for conduct or traded.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, so what he meant is TO will stop acting injured once the games count.

what a guy.

Easy E 08-11-2005 05:44 PM

No, think constant rehab and reinjuries until T.O. gets a contract or a trade.

Which probably won't happen
T.O.'s real value

Sluss 08-11-2005 06:00 PM

Wow, right now they are cutting in to Daily News Live on Comcast "live at T.O.'s House." T.O. is in his yard playing one on one basketball with his brother. T.O. is dunking. Now they are interviewing his brother. Who is just as big of a jackass as T.O. This is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

sublime 08-11-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, right now they are cutting in to Daily News Live on Comcast "live at T.O.'s House." T.O. is in his yard playing one on one basketball with his brother. T.O. is dunking. Now they are interviewing his brother. Who is just as big of a jackass as T.O. This is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys like TO make it harder for the black athlete get respect from society.

MoreWineII 08-11-2005 06:30 PM

TO = piece of [censored]