Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Yahoo Fantasy Football Leauge, anyone? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308257)

uw_madtown 08-05-2005 04:13 AM

Yahoo Fantasy Football Leauge, anyone?

Set up league Brown Trout on Yahoo. I know there's at least one league going already on Sportsline headed by brett, but there's always people who missed out, or want to double up on leagues, or whatever.

No entrance fees or prizes for the league, although betting on games, putting out bounties on other teams, and other such gambling is encouraged. Rules are almost entirely standard Yahoo league, but I'm open to changes if someone can make a good argument for it. The only change I made was to change from 3 WR to 2 WR + 1 WR/RB flex.

Once the league is filled up, we'll do the draft in a thread on here, since auto-pick blows nuts and trying to set up a day and time for a live pick can be hard.

16 max teams, although I'll consider bumping that up if there's interest. Post in here to let me know team names and such.

League: Brown Trout (ID# 336750)
Password: brilliantimo

- madtown

Davey 08-05-2005 04:42 AM

Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football Leauge, anyone?

Im in. Missed out on some of the other ones.

Name is Lets Go Buffalo until I can think of something cool. Im pretty tired now so Im not getting to creative.

oneeye13 08-05-2005 05:39 AM

Bumble Deez in. Offline draft?

kasey2004 08-05-2005 05:54 AM

Ya 2+2 started one that i know of on yahoo already (that i joined) but im a huge fan and would like to get in this one as well if thats cool.

Online or Offline draft ?

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

brettbrettr 08-05-2005 08:54 AM

Brett's actually got spots open for one or three more ballers.

Its $100 plus the Sportsline vig of $11.

PM me if you want in.

link

uw_madtown 08-05-2005 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once the league is filled up, we'll do the draft in a thread on here

[/ QUOTE ]

jstnrgrs 08-05-2005 11:46 PM

I'm in as Montgomery Biscuits. I've never played before, so this should be fun.

pryor15 08-06-2005 12:12 AM

the dharma bums are in and ready to either kick ass or die trying

Jack of Arcades 08-06-2005 01:58 AM

Toi Cooks in and ready to go .500.

morello 08-06-2005 02:54 AM

I'd like to join. My team name will be "Fred Taylor's Groin". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

uw_madtown 08-06-2005 04:44 AM

Okay, still room for 7 more teams. Guys already in it, pimp the league out to any 2p2ers you might chat with on AIM. Would like to get this filled up within the next 2-3 days so we can get the draft moving.

Teams Thus Far:

Luckboxes 'R Us - Commissioner uw_madtown
BostonZak - BostonZak
Lets Go Buffalo - Davey
Bumble Deez - oneeye13
Montgomery Biscuits - jstnrgrs
dharma bums - pryor15
Toi Cooks - Jack of Arcades
Fred Taylor's Groin - morello
Evil Monkeys - kasey2004 (??? I'm assuming, based on his av)

2+2 wannabe 08-06-2005 05:27 AM

i'm in

Enrique Bouncers

for some reason i think i'm getting last

UncleRemus 08-06-2005 06:26 AM

Got one more yahoo slot, why not. In as Brent Musburger.

Mike Gallo 08-06-2005 11:51 AM

Thanks for the invite.

I just joined as the Hitmen.

This should be a lot of fun.

Good Luck everyone !!!

When is the draft?

mmbt0ne 08-06-2005 12:30 PM

I'm in and I'm Gunner Stahl.

tworooks 08-06-2005 12:38 PM

Vaqueros here.

::only 2 more teams neeeded

handsome 08-06-2005 02:22 PM

I joined the league as #15. I ween.

imported_anacardo 08-06-2005 02:26 PM

Infinite Drew Downs rings in as the last. The Last Shall Be Firsts, Haters.

How will we decide draft order?

uw_madtown 08-06-2005 02:38 PM

Okay, league's full up. Draft order will be random (thanks randomizer.org!) and will run in snake format (draft order reverses in even rounds). Thread will be up soon, so look for that and get ready to start making picks.

2+2 wannabe 08-06-2005 02:38 PM

x-posting rocks!

imported_anacardo 08-06-2005 02:42 PM

So the draft begins ASAP?

Also, these scoring rules are insane [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]; touchdowns are ridiculously overvalued, thus randomizing things to a great extent.

Standard "good" rules are something like
4 pts per passing TD
1 pt per 20 passing yards
-2 per INT
6 pts rushing/receiving TD
6 pts special teams return TD (credited to individual)
1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards
-2 per fumble lost
2 pts 2 conversion
2 pts chip-shot FG
3 pts mid-range FG
4 pts 45+ FG
2 pts defensive TO
6 pts defensive TD (credited to defense)
1 pt per sack
2 pts per blocked kick
2 pts per safety

mmbt0ne 08-06-2005 03:13 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Okay, league's full up. Draft order will be random (thanks randomizer.org!) and will run in snake format (draft order reverses in even rounds). Thread will be up soon, so look for that and get ready to start making picks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we start the draft like, Monday morning maybe? Just to give everyone a little time to make any trades and get things planned and whatnot?

tworooks 08-06-2005 03:14 PM

I don't like the whole offline draft. I'm sure you guys will have no trouble finding 1 more. I'm out.

uw_madtown 08-06-2005 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the whole offline draft. I'm sure you guys will have no trouble finding 1 more. I'm out.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I've had to tell nearly everyone this, even though it's in the ORIGINAL POST.

Okay, just to be clear -- the draft will be taking place IN A THREAD HERE IN THE SPORTING EVENTS FORUM. Once the league is full, I'll post the draft order and scoring rules (reviewing anacardo's suggestions now -- I'm sure Yahoo's default scoring blows), and other info here in this thread. As per a few people's wish to have time to potentially trade draft picks, I'll wait a day and a half to start the new draft thread.

Anyway, keep checking the forum. Once we get the last guy, the order and scoring will be up, and drafting shall commence pretty quickly after.

Mike Gallo 08-06-2005 03:24 PM

One more needed...

2+2 wannabe 08-06-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I've had to tell nearly everyone this, even though it's in the ORIGINAL POST.

Okay, just to be clear -- the draft will be taking place IN A THREAD HERE IN THE SPORTING EVENTS FORUM. Once the league is full, I'll post the draft order and scoring rules (reviewing anacardo's suggestions now -- I'm sure Yahoo's default scoring blows), and other info here in this thread. As per a few people's wish to have time to potentially trade draft picks, I'll wait a day and a half to start the new draft thread.

Anyway, keep checking the forum. Once we get the last guy, the order and scoring will be up, and drafting shall commence pretty quickly after.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa ... whoa

you mean it's an OFFLINE DRAFT?!?!? why was i not informed? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

uw_madtown 08-06-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa ... whoa

you mean it's an OFFLINE DRAFT?!?!? why was i not informed? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

*kick* [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

imported_anacardo 08-06-2005 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the format, it looks like this is going to be a pretty relaxed, sprawling, perhaps multi-day affair (which will be an interesting change) so I don't think there will be a whole lot in the way of pressure.
Can we start the draft like, Monday morning maybe? Just to give everyone a little time to make any trades and get things planned and whatnot?

[/ QUOTE ]

TxSteve 08-06-2005 03:46 PM

I'd like in!

Mike Gallo 08-06-2005 03:49 PM

I'd like in!

Then join so we can get a draft going. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

uw_madtown 08-06-2005 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like in!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, sign up over at Yahoo!

Upon further reflection, I think a day and a half is excessive, given the probable length of the draft. So I'm going to go randomize the draft order now, and post it in a few minutes. My compromise is that the draft will start at 9 PM central tonight. That gives you five hours before the draft to discuss any possible trading of picks. And even after the draft starts, it'll be moving slowly enough that trades can be discussed. Worst case, if you're interested in trading with someone, just post in the draft thread letting them know you want to deal so they'll get ahold of you before making their pick.

Sound good? Great.

TxSteve 08-06-2005 03:58 PM

ok..i'm in

for curiosity's sake...how long you think the draft will take? few days as people pop in? or hoping to complete the draft quickly?

uw_madtown 08-06-2005 04:00 PM

I expect at least a few days, but hopefully people will do what they can to speed it along.

Draft order coming.

Mike Gallo 08-06-2005 04:07 PM

Good luck everyone.

See you at 9:00 pm cst.

I have AIM if anyone wants to chat at that time. MikeGallo23.

mmbt0ne 08-06-2005 04:08 PM

I'd like in!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, sign up over at Yahoo!

Upon further reflection, I think a day and a half is excessive, given the probable length of the draft. So I'm going to go randomize the draft order now, and post it in a few minutes. My compromise is that the draft will start at 9 PM central tonight. That gives you five hours before the draft to discuss any possible trading of picks. And even after the draft starts, it'll be moving slowly enough that trades can be discussed. Worst case, if you're interested in trading with someone, just post in the draft thread letting them know you want to deal so they'll get ahold of you before making their pick.

Sound good? Great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Ok, let the studying begin.

uw_madtown 08-06-2005 04:22 PM

I used randomizer.org to generate 16 numbers, 1-50. Applied them to the list made as people joined.

Despite having 15 man rosters, we will be drafting 14 rounds. The rationale will be explained later in the post.

Here's your draft order. [number drawn] just means what number you drew from the RNG.

DRAFT ORDER (Team - Owner [number drawn]
1. The Hitmen - Mike Gallo [47]
2. Lets Go Buffalo - Davey [44]
3. Brent Musburger - UncleRemus [43]
4. Enrique Bouncers - 2+2 wannabe [33]
5. dharma bums - pryor15 [31]
6. Poop Soup - TxSteve [30]
7. handsome - handsome [29]
8. Toi Cooks - Jack of Arcades [25]
9. Gunner Stahl - mmbt0ne [24]
10. Infinite Drew Downs - anacardo [16]
11. Fred Taylor's Groin - morello [15]
12. Montgomery Biscuits - jstnrgrs [10]
13. Bumble Deez - oneeye13 [7]
14. Evil Monkeys - kasey2004 [6]
15. Luckboxes 'R Us - Commissioner uw_madtown [3]
16. BostonZak - BostonZak [1]

On even rounds, the order is reversed. This is pretty standard in FF, and is there to prevent early pickers from having a huge advantage over those later. So, for example, after BostonZak makes the final pick of the first round, he will then make the first pick of the second round, then I'll pick, then kasey2004, and so on back up the order.

Draft picks can be traded. For example, say I REALLY want the #1 pick in the first round. I could offer Gallo my first round and my third round for it. Similarly, after a pick has been made, you can negotiate. Say someone picks Terrell Owens two picks ahead of me, and I REALLY wanted him but thought he'd slip to me. Go ahead and offer up a trade -- maybe there's still someone they want two spots later and they'd be willing to give you TO and slide down 2 spots if they're going to get a late round pick.

The reason we're only drafting 14 rounds when we have 15 man rosters is so trading makes sense. If we were drafting 15 rounds, there is zero incentive to make a trade where you drop to a lower spot in exchange for an extra pick -- it just means you're going to be cutting your 16th pick anyway. But if you'll be able to keep that extra guy, it makes you a little more likely to make that trade.

What this means is that if you pick all 14 rounds and don't trade any picks or players, you'll have to pick up one guy off the waiver to fill out that last bench spot.

TxSteve 08-06-2005 04:25 PM

cool.

i'm pumped

Mike Gallo 08-06-2005 04:27 PM

I have the number one pick...sweeet.

TxSteve 08-06-2005 04:28 PM

You suck Gallo!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mike Gallo 08-06-2005 04:30 PM

You suck-out Gallo!

I corrected it for you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]