Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Made flush on the turn. River puts 4 to the flush. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306970)

hemstock 08-03-2005 04:12 PM

Made flush on the turn. River puts 4 to the flush.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (17 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

I don't think reads are really important here. Should I have folded the river? I would be really surprised if my hand was still good.

imported_The Vibesman 08-03-2005 04:15 PM

Re: Made flush on the turn. River puts 4 to the flush.

I don't think you can fold for one bet here. If you are good 1 in 20 or so you will break even. Call and cry.

2+2 Junkie 08-03-2005 04:41 PM

You are probably beaten, but you can't fold a flush. Call here.

davelin 08-03-2005 04:43 PM

Call. Kick the cat.

xenthebrain 08-03-2005 09:01 PM

You played it fine.

hizo1 08-03-2005 09:09 PM

Grunching

[ QUOTE ]
I would be really surprised if my hand was still good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, but this is a great place to just call and go for the overcalls. I like the call here. NH.

GrandmaStabone 08-03-2005 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (17 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

I don't think reads are really important here. Should I have folded the river? I would be really surprised if my hand was still good.

[/ QUOTE ]

- grunching -

I don't like the call on the river. HU this might be debatable but you have BB betting AND A CALLER. Your 10- high flush has to beat BB's hand (possibly) and the callers hand (less likely) and it is not that strong IMO.

GrandmaStabone 08-03-2005 09:40 PM

^^^^^^^^

even after seeing the other replies I still feel this is correct with 4 players involved in this river.

Me and You 08-03-2005 09:54 PM

Two cards beat you A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] The chance someone was holding the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or below and something else is your read. I would fold as with a better and a caller. With that many high cards on the board I would expect to see you beat. If however you held the J I would call.

Ps. Did BB have Either AK or AA with the A of spades?

teajay 08-03-2005 10:10 PM

I don't see folding here getting 19:1 with the third nuts and no action other than the PFR still betting.

teajay 08-03-2005 10:12 PM

Do you really think that you are beat more than 95% of the time?

*Edit: In a pot this big and getting those odds, it would take one hell of a read to fold I think. Especially with no one raising.

GrandmaStabone 08-03-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see folding here getting 19:1 with the third nuts and no action other than the PFR still betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

PFR still betting, one player with a hand good enough to call with, and 2 players yet to act.

teajay 08-03-2005 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PFR still betting, one player with a hand good enough to call with, and 2 players yet to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

But only two cards in the deck that beat us. You're still going to have to do better to convince me to fold

GTSamIAm 08-03-2005 10:17 PM

You don't have to win much. I could see you being ahead about 1 in 20.

Me and You 08-03-2005 10:20 PM

My point is that you know where the K Q 10 and 9 are, so that leaves the others holding either 8 or less for the flush. For you to beat them now on that board why would they still be in the pot if they did hold this. You also have to ask why the BB is betting. Preflop raiser has the pot I guarantee it. (95%)

Me and You 08-03-2005 10:23 PM

I disagree there are already two players that you have to beat and one still to act. I say give up this hand cause your odds of winning in this situation are less than 5% IMO.

However if the caller folded. This is a different story.

teajay 08-03-2005 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree there are already two players that you have to beat and one still to act. I say give up this hand cause your odds of winning in this situation are less than 5% IMO.

However if the caller folded. This is a different story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost certain there is somewhere in SSH that sais not to fold marginal hands for one bet on the end in big pots. If this isn't a marginal hand and that not a big pot, I'm lost.

Sure there are two to act behind us, but they have done nothing but call so far.

Me and You 08-03-2005 10:32 PM

It probably does say that. I havn't read it yet.
But The only scenario I can see that gives the OP the win is this.

BB is bluffing.
Caller believes BB is bluffing and hence calls the bluff with their 87
The person last to act was on a full house draw and missed.

Other than that situation I would say you are behind. With no more cards to come.

What do you think Teajay?

P.S. It says in Lee Jones book that it is often wrong to fold on the river with big pots however when you know ttht you are beat it is right to do so. Of course this is paraphrased but I believe this is one of those times.

xenthebrain 08-03-2005 10:43 PM

First off, you don't know that SB will call.

BB might be bluffing here or betting a good but non-flush hand.
He was agressive the whole hand through.

It's true, while a bettor can bluff a caller cannot and you need a stronger hand to overcall.
But he might aswell just have a low spade or a strong not-flush hand and doesn't believe BB has him beat and/or just wants to show down his hand.

We have the third nuts here and there are a bunch of hands that could call that we beat.
The pot is huge, IMO it's for sure that we win more than 5% of the time (even if it weren't 0.05/0.10 where a call would be even easier).

Me and You 08-03-2005 10:49 PM

Thanx Xen what hands do you think could call as this is where my decision is based. I believe that the calling hands would have you beat. as why would you stick around for a bet on the flop and a raise when the flush came on the turn.

Cheers

P.S. I am a noob so more than likely I am missing something. Maybe I'm just to weak

teajay 08-03-2005 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, you don't know that SB will call.

BB might be bluffing here or betting a good but non-flush hand.
He was agressive the whole hand through.

It's true, while a bettor can bluff a caller cannot and you need a stronger hand to overcall.
But he might aswell just have a low spade or a strong not-flush hand and doesn't believe BB has him beat and/or just wants to show down his hand.

We have the third nuts here and there are a bunch of hands that could call that we beat.
The pot is huge, IMO it's for sure that we win more than 5% of the time (even if it weren't 0.05/0.10 where a call would be even easier).

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.
I was trying not to mention the fact that it was 0.05/0.10 as well, but it may have even more impact.

This board was fairly coordinated the whole way. The possibility of someone calling with two pair, a made straight and I wouldn't be surprised if sometimes only a K or Q will certainly make up the 5% you need.

Me and You 08-03-2005 10:51 PM

True I forgot about the limit.

Maybe it is worth a call. I just have that feeling that you are overcalling here.

xenthebrain 08-03-2005 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just to weak

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's that. That will change when you see AT and KK turned over in a spot like this and you killing your cat because you folded (save the pet, call).

Me and You 08-03-2005 11:04 PM

Trips maybe but why would you call a bet on the river w a four flush on the board?. And A 10 is worse. I just don't understand it. Am I expecting too much of other players to know when to fold there hands?

I sure as hell wouldn't call a bet on that river if I had trips or a straight. Just doesn't make sense to me

wabe 08-03-2005 11:13 PM

No, you don't fold. You might find someone here with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Crying call.

Iq75 08-04-2005 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I expecting too much of other players to know when to fold there hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the nanos: yes

Hero has the third nuts and has to win only 5 % of the time and that makes it a call for me.

There are a lot of scenarios where hero is ahead.

BB has something like QQ, makes a set on the turn, goes into tilt when realises that his set is worthless and decides to bluff against 4 players whit 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s on the board.

MP2 cant be bluffing but can be a beginning player whit something stupid like 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (yesturday a guy called me on the 6 max whit 7 high!)
If you think that MP2 has the first nuts or the second nuts, why is he not raising?!?

SB can have anythig.

I can come up whit a lot scenarios where hero is ahead. None of them are very likely, but they dont have to be, cause hero has to be ahead only 5 % of the time.

And furthermore when i was playing the 0.05/0.1, being on the position of SB i called allways whit 8-2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or straight or Kx or two pair or set .....

BatsShadow 08-04-2005 07:33 AM

grunch

The pot's huge and only 2 cards in the deck beat you. I would never fold that for 1 bet.