Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   so many regular 2+2 posters (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297777)

curtains 07-21-2005 07:17 PM

so many regular 2+2 posters

berate the bad players at my tables. Its really unbelievable. Why cant you all just stop it.

citanul 07-21-2005 07:17 PM

Re: so many regular 2+2 posters

yeah assclowns, stop that [censored].

citanul

EricW 07-21-2005 07:18 PM

I hate poker coaches: "DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY POKER!?!?!?!"

curtains 07-21-2005 07:23 PM

Just had 2 regular 2+2ers doing it within a span of 3 minutes....and since everyitme I post something like this Daliman asks me on IM if it was him, no it wasnt you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

citanul 07-21-2005 07:23 PM

meanwhile, there is nothing wrong with a nice sarcastic:

nice call.

when someone calls with a better hand than yours that they shouldn't have called with.

citanul

curtains 07-21-2005 07:23 PM

these were nothing like that, more across the lines of "you are a fish, you suck etc etc whats wrong with you you stupid idiot etc etc"

tigerite 07-21-2005 07:27 PM

Yes I see this too. I do my best not to say anything when I've had a bad beat. Some assclown was going on at some "fish" (who eventually beat me HU, he was actually ok) for calling him with KJ to his AK on a K high flop and hitting runner-runner straight, he wouldn't shut up, until I eventually said "would you have preferred him not to call".. then all went quiet.

Funny that, eh?

curtains 07-21-2005 07:28 PM

Of course this happens all the time, however in these cases they were regular 2+2 posters who made these comments.

EricW 07-21-2005 07:29 PM

It's the best when the poker coaches are giving lengthy lectures about pot odds and why the other player was wrong on their move. It's quite funny actually.

Another great thing is when someone takes a bad beat and starts berating the other player AND starts going on and on about how the site is rigged while they're not even seated on the table anymore.

Freudian 07-21-2005 07:31 PM

It's stupid and it's -EV to berate other players.

cleinen 07-21-2005 07:35 PM

I don't like when ppl do that either. I think its some sort of ego trip or something.

Freudian 07-21-2005 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like when ppl do that either. I thinks its some sort of ego trip or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it has everything to do with insecurity. Perhaps they should replace the berating with "my dad is stronger than your dad".

morgan180 07-21-2005 07:43 PM

there is nothing more annoying than this. you should thank people who make bad plays. personally i think anything sarcastic, rude, abusive, etc. is just stupid. why do you want to rile up the people you are trying to take money from? most people at the table just peg you as the jerk to take out and spend the whole game plotting against you.

personally i turn my chat off so i don't have to deal with any of it.

but really - show some maturity and restraint and be thankful there are people out there that make bad plays all day long.

hyde 07-21-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

nice call.

when someone calls with a better hand than yours that they shouldn't have called with.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid the sarcasm is not always clear, too many think they made a nice call......which is long term +EV however...

I think a better response is nr
nice result

It showed up on Atlantic Trout a few weeks ago. I like it.

SlackerMcFly 07-21-2005 07:44 PM

If someone is really a jerk, I'll usually start berating myself. "Dumba*ss Slacker, you shoulda folded that garbage." Slack's an idiot!

That kind of thing tosses them for a loop especially if you really get over the top in kicking your butt on every play.

Try it, you'll like it.....

SlackerMClown

tigerite 07-21-2005 07:58 PM

Well the guy who did the KJ suckout, later on folded 99 in his SB to my button push, and as I had A8o, I was very thankful for it. He said "anyone but you and I call" so hey, being nice to the "fish" can have a positive result.

morello 07-21-2005 08:11 PM

I've seen 2+2 posters berate fish at the $215 sngs, and then say stuff like "Don't you know anything about ICM?" "You didn't have any fold equity", "With my pot odds I was going to call regardless" and things of that nature.

It's one thing to call them morons, it's another to clue them in to the fact that maybe these SNGs aren't so straightforward.

curtains 07-21-2005 08:14 PM

Yeah its unbelievably stupid. I lose so much respect for someone when I see them berating a player like that.

curtains 07-21-2005 08:16 PM

lol, the 2+2er is still at it, just called someone else a fish. So pathetic.

johnnybeef 07-21-2005 08:17 PM

Slacker, you have got to be the dumbest piece of dog sh*t i have ever met.....berating your self, gimme a f'n break. do us all a favor and quit posting here.

The Yugoslavian 07-21-2005 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lol, the 2+2er is still at it, just called someone else a fish. So pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're *sure* it's not Dali? This really sounds like Dali.

Hmmm....

How about Fiery?

Oh wait....Raptor probably is 35k away from his car by now and losing it....yeah, gotta be him.

Yugoslav

lacky 07-21-2005 08:25 PM

nah, raptor's hangin with the girly. Does sound like dali..

Steve

SlackerMcFly 07-21-2005 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone is really a jerk, I'll usually start berating myself. "Dumba*ss Slacker, you shoulda folded that garbage." Slack's an idiot!

[/ QUOTE ]
Quoting Biffcake: [ QUOTE ]
Slacker, you have got to be the dumbest piece of dog sh*t i have ever met.....berating your self, gimme a f'n break. do us all a favor and quit posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Slacker, you suck! Go play checkers or something your feeble mind can understand. You are beyond stupid and dorky. You personify stupid and you smell bad.

Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon. You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

SlackerMcGag

The Yugoslavian 07-21-2005 08:29 PM

Wow...did you also go to the Pinko-Commie-[censored] school of self-esteem?? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

curtains 07-21-2005 08:30 PM

its definitely not Dali [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The Yugoslavian 07-21-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nah, raptor's hangin with the girly. Does sound like dali..

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the plan was to hang wit da batches after he got the shaggin' wagon. Hmmmmm.

Yugoslav

valenzuela 07-21-2005 08:39 PM

I reberate.
joe: how can u push with J2
me: maybe ,maybe one day ull get it.(when Im angry)
Or
jimmy: he calls with overcards, ha what an idiot( attacking a fish)
me: shut up , u suck...why do u complain?? what kinda idiot complains becuase he wins a 75% of the time.
I also berate players that say " anthr party special " or " in party 2 outer= win"
But Ive only berated one player like described above, I think it was because of all the bad beats.

valenzuela 07-21-2005 08:42 PM

Also since I twotable only, chatting is nice and fun. And whats better that getting involved with another player who thinks who has a clue, that adds a lot of fun to the SNG and it makes u me wanna win more, specially when I run to someone who did have a clue after all.

ilya 07-21-2005 08:56 PM

i am guilty of this unfortunately. generally i do this when i feel unsure about a play i made earlier. so i compensate for this insecurity by calling people morons when they make plays that are even WORSE. i'm always making resolutions with myself not to do it anymore, but it's hard.

Sponger15SB 07-21-2005 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

nice call.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I always flip out on someone when they call my bubble push with AA and I've got some garbage and I lose, is that bad?

Onaflag 07-21-2005 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

berate the bad players at my tables. Its really unbelievable. Why cant you all just stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out 'em! That'll learn 'em! Unacceptable behavior by 2+2ers. Out 'em!

Onaflag...........

curtains 07-21-2005 09:01 PM

If you are obviously joking or your ranting is not malicious towards anyone else I have no problem with it. I made VERY loose call (If I posted it without details everyone would think I was a total beginner) against this person whose been insulting everyone, and was surprised to not get insulted as well when my hand held up.

07-21-2005 09:01 PM

whenever i get a bad beat, i just tell the guy who beat me that he's the worst player i've ever seen in my life, and i hope he dies penniless and drunk in the gutter with no family or friends.

i think they usually know i'm joking.

The Don 07-21-2005 09:02 PM

I always go with the "nh" when I get sucked out on. If it is a REALLY bad call I will go with the sarcastic "nice call."

It does piss me off when people do the old "typical party" or "unreal" after a suckout where they were 3-1. Whenever this happens and I notice it I tell them the exact odds of that particular occurence.

curtains 07-21-2005 09:03 PM

My favorite is the guy who plays the 109s who always says "i hope you get cancer". For anyone whose played with him, hes joking around and just does it for fun. I told him once he was too predictable, but he said he mixes it up sometimes with "AIDS instead of cancer.

curtains 07-21-2005 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Out 'em! That'll learn 'em! Unacceptable behavior by 2+2ers. Out 'em!

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll out them but only if they insult me.

FieryJustice 07-21-2005 09:04 PM

I sure as hell tell people "nice fish" every time they outfish me...whay else am I supposed to say???

The Don 07-21-2005 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My favorite is the guy who plays the 109s who always says "i hope you get cancer". For anyone whose played with him, hes joking around and just does it for fun. I told him once he was too predictable, but he said he mixes it up sometimes with "AIDS instead of cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I know this guy. One time I went to a Redskins game (in DC) dressed in all Giants apparel. I was quite intoxicated and made a huge deal about every little thing the Giants did well. The redskins fan next to me polite told me "I hope you die of cancer."

durron597 07-21-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think about telling players that they make loose calls that subtract from both their equity and your equity.

07-21-2005 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also try "I hope you develop Crohn's Disease."