Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crooked house game, quads on flop, your move? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295650)

Rotating Rabbit 07-18-2005 11:01 PM

Crooked house game, quads on flop, your move?

6max. I have played with this group once, last week, and posted a big win. This is only the 2nd hand of the night. I have 750 in front, everyone has between 500 and 1000. 3/6.

So I'm BB. SB has just come back from collecting a pizza delivery and is sitting out this hand. So the guy to my right shuffles and I notice that he's fake shuffling, keeping the top bunch of cards in the same place. He's pretty good but I spent months practicing this trick so I know what to look for. I dont say anything, and tap the deck when he passes it to me to cut. This should be interesting...

Hero has 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Folded to CO (covers me) who limps, button folds, I check.

Flop comes: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Everyone is looking at me more intensely than usual. Whats my play?

spoohunter 07-18-2005 11:03 PM

Re: Crooked house game, quads on flop, your move?

check and fold and watch for any looks of disbelief

BobboFitos 07-18-2005 11:03 PM

open fold of course, someone has 67 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and another will have 88. 8 on turn, 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on river, piz0wned.

wtfsvi 07-18-2005 11:04 PM

Open fold would be fun. Certainly interesting to see what would happen at least.

pistol78 07-18-2005 11:05 PM

How certain are you that something is going on? If it is more then 90%. DO you want them to know that you know they are cheating, or do you use it to your advantage?

The Ocho 07-18-2005 11:05 PM

Go all in and turn your cards face up before anybody has a chance to act.

ChewyMint 07-18-2005 11:06 PM

I am not sure what I would do here. I would probably check/fold. If things play out as expected, I would talk to the host, and leave.

ChewyMint

Rotating Rabbit 07-18-2005 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How certain are you that something is going on? If it is more then 90%. DO you want them to know that you know they are cheating, or do you use it to your advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically im 100% sure something is up. But I dont know what, or who is being set up. But I suspect its me because almost everyone else was stuck considerably last week. I want to keep playing these guys because several of them are horrible fish with egos and loads of cash (rich fathers).

flawless_victory 07-18-2005 11:10 PM

check/fold, quit.
return with your boys/ski masks/gats and rob the game.

wtfsvi 07-18-2005 11:14 PM

If you want to keep playing with these cheating cencoreds, you are indeed in kind of a tricky situation. It's quite impossible to not get all your money in the middle without making it obvious that you know your being set up.

Check fold and claim you misclicked? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

pistol78 07-18-2005 11:15 PM

If you think it is you, there is basically no way to make money off these guys. HOw do you plan on playing it to your advantage? Look at this hand, It is set up for you to basically lose everything.

chuddo 07-18-2005 11:16 PM

if you want to keep playing fumble the cards so they get exposed.

or check-fold to any bets and if it is brought to light act stunned and claim you thought for sure you had 44.

but i would have no desire to continue to play in a game where this was attempted, regardless of how big of donkeys they are. what's next? jumping you on the way to your car?

BigEndian 07-18-2005 11:18 PM

I'm guessing these are all non-friends so this couldn't be just a prank. You have to fold this, otherwise they will go back to the well. Never come back.

- Jim

TheWorstPlayer 07-18-2005 11:20 PM

I would bet small, which should be read as being innocent like you are trying to sucker them in. As soon as you do not have the mortal nuts, check/fold.

SossMan 07-18-2005 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is clearly the best answer, but if someone calls you, make a side bet with someone else for the size of the pot that you will lose the hand.

spoohunter 07-18-2005 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is clearly the best answer

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, going all in, having opponent one call, and then demanding a shuffle is the best option.

BigEndian 07-18-2005 11:54 PM

That doesn't prevent further shinnanigans by someone saying, wtf, I'll gamble and call all in to hit the hand that cracks the quads.

Playing these games is silly, fold.

- Jim

BigEndian 07-18-2005 11:56 PM

Or the best way to get your ass beat and pockets emptied?

- Jim

PGarlic 07-19-2005 12:00 AM

In a friendly manner say "Haha I just flopped quads!" Then go ahead and show your cards. This will make it look like you're not there to make money as much as you are there to have fun. Does anyone else like this idea, or something like it?

AZK 07-19-2005 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
return with your boys/ski masks/gats and rob the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

durron597 07-19-2005 12:43 AM

Say "Oh [censored] pizza!" and open fold.

LetYouDown 07-19-2005 12:44 AM

1.) Why would he pass the deck to you to cut if he had very amateurishly stacked it?
2.) Why didn't you cut it?
3.) What happened?

Allinlife 07-19-2005 12:58 AM

open fold is pretty bad because you will basically further increase hostility and their fear towards OP.

I think it would be best to check-call all the way trying to keep the pot small, making it look like you were slowplaying it, but act all hellmuthian on the river and just call w/o nuts and say 'it didn't feel right', also act in same manner if guy starts overbetting.

this way, it not only do you not go broke, but they will be somewhat reliefed of their anger of losing money to you so it's almost a win-win situation. you gotta let the other guys win time to time.

after that try to improve your social relationship with people that play there and see if they try to pull this again. if they keep doing this to you, just stop going to the game because soon they will arrange a drive-by or somethin on you otherwise.

DrPublo 07-19-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the guy to my right shuffles and I notice that he's fake shuffling, keeping the top bunch of cards in the same place. He's pretty good but I spent months practicing this trick so I know what to look for. I dont say anything, and tap the deck when he passes it to me to cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any game where the guy about to deal shuffles his own deck is suspect from the get-go, IMO.

Also, if you don't cut the deck or otherwise mess up the setup deck, you deserve to lose your money to these idiots.

The Doc

Allinlife 07-19-2005 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the guy to my right shuffles and I notice that he's fake shuffling, keeping the top bunch of cards in the same place. He's pretty good but I spent months practicing this trick so I know what to look for. I dont say anything, and tap the deck when he passes it to me to cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any game where the guy about to deal shuffles his own deck is suspect from the get-go, IMO.

Also, if you don't cut the deck or otherwise mess up the setup deck, you deserve to lose your money to these idiots.

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]
he was just being a curious little 2+2er [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
but nevertheless, he should have thought of ackward spot he would be put though after deal by playing on the rigged deck.

Matt Flynn 07-19-2005 01:06 AM

"I'd like to cut the deck."

stu-unger 07-19-2005 01:10 AM

go all-in get called and b4 the turn pull out your desert eagle and say "i win, I win, I win" if the quads hold up play it off as a joke, if they dont shoot em all and say this is the dead mans hand. of course if u dont have the DE u just open fold your cards face up and say u thought this was WPT rules and the hand was dead. Buy the DE and shoot them later.just kiddin fold.

zepmetal 07-19-2005 01:17 AM

so, what happened?

turnipmonster 07-19-2005 01:32 AM

this story doesn't make any sense, what good is stacking the deck if he's going to allow you to cut?

jman220 07-19-2005 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so, what happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

chuddo 07-19-2005 01:34 AM

that way if the cut is refused and accusations of stacking are made, they can say "we fricken offered a cut!"

this can also be done if after the cut the deck is re-set. "the cards were cut buddy"

07-19-2005 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so, what happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jman28 07-19-2005 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so, what happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SnakePit 07-19-2005 03:12 AM

Silly question, but...

The dealer offered the cut to his left?

Maybe I'm too old school. I always offer the cut to my right.

Hope this post is a joke....

Jocke_F 07-19-2005 03:26 AM

If this is not much money for you and you won mych more in this game I would just lose my stack here and never come back

SpaceAce 07-19-2005 03:59 AM

There is too much about this story that doesn't quite make sense.I suspect we are having our collective legs pulled. I still want to hear the ending, though.

SpaceAce

flawless_victory 07-19-2005 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is not much money for you and you won mych more in this game I would just lose my stack here and never come back

[/ QUOTE ]rotating rabbit, dont listen to this advice...
where is this game? if i am in your town we are gonna rob these niggas... do they have security? does this game ever play deep (if so, i hope they have some effing security and as dealer!)? holler.

spahk 07-19-2005 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where is this game? if i am in your town we are gonna rob these niggas... do they have security? does this game ever play deep (if so, i hope they have some effing security and as dealer!)? holler.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the kind of outside the box thinking that makes this forum worthwhile. honestly, i think this is the best line to take here. they are trying to steal from you. reraise, with guns.

Xelent 07-19-2005 04:16 AM

I agree with SpaceAce, too many plot holes. Either that or your wrong about them cheating and they are just stupid. But... ya... what happened?

BZ_Zorro 07-19-2005 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check and fold and watch for any looks of disbelief

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my line too. By the math this is a clear check-fold.

EV = (chance they're setting you up)(-whole stack) + (chance they're not setting you up)(chance of quads holding up)(amount you win) - (chance they're not setting you up)(chance of quads not holding up)(whole stack)

While we don't have exact numbers, on this flop the only thing paying off is 88 or overpair. By the non-cheating PF action it's farily likely no one has either. Therefore, (amount you win) is likely to be much less than your stack based on Villains' possible range of holdings. Thus, assuming you'll back any action with your stack, you only need a small chance they're setting you up to make putting money in the pot -EV. This of course does not include metagame EV considerations.