Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   anyone see the gerald green dunk? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293865)

oneeye13 07-15-2005 11:53 PM

anyone see the gerald green dunk?

video attached to this article

nasty. how did the Cs get him? if he doesn't play any D it could be vince carter III (and they already have ricky davis)

hoopsie44 07-16-2005 10:44 AM

Re: anyone see the gerald green dunk?

[ QUOTE ]

nasty. how did the Cs get him? if he doesn't play any D it could be vince carter III (and they already have ricky davis)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, let's induct him into Springfield for a dunk in a summer league game.

Aytumious 07-17-2005 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, let's induct him into Springfield for a dunk in a summer league game.

[/ QUOTE ]

He should just hang them up know so that he doesn't tarnish his legacy.

Dead 07-17-2005 01:17 AM

What a dummy you are.

This kid is not even 20 years old, and here you are proclaiming him a great. He's not LeBron, not even close.

battschr 07-17-2005 01:19 AM

Gerald Green is a future all-star....of course he's not Lebron though.

oneeye13 07-17-2005 05:52 PM

can any of you read?

Stellastarr 07-17-2005 11:02 PM

That was sick! And no.. I dont think they can read. lol

battschr 07-17-2005 11:08 PM

I can read...barely.

tbach24 07-17-2005 11:18 PM

He's the man. Definitely a future all-star and future of the Celtics franchise. I am going to love seeing him and Big Al own the Bulls. Not to mention the rest of the league.

Aytumious 07-17-2005 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Future allstar based on what? I'm sure none of you have actually seen him play.

battschr 07-18-2005 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Future allstar based on what? I'm sure none of you have actually seen him play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seen video, of course...he's an unbelievable athlete...looks like Tmac or Kobe did when they came out of HS. Just my opinion.

Aytumious 07-18-2005 03:38 AM

I wouldn't expect much out of him anytime soon. He's really struggling in the summer league right now. He's turning ball over and fouling at an astounding rate. It is summer league, but it's clear he has a very long way to go before he could even be at the end of a rotation.

From what I can gather, the main reason he fell in the draft was very bad interviews. He came off as being extremely immature, especially when compared to the very mature Martell Webster. Green could turn into a player, but my impression from the interviews I saw and read were that it is very possible he will never get "it" enough to utilize his skills in the NBA. It will be interesting to see if he can prove myself and others who question him wrong.

Kobe was obviously very mature coming out of HS. McGrady, I don't really know, but he was a very solid defender early which earned him valuable minutes. Green is really a terrible defender at this point and he turns the ball over on offense so it will be hard for him to get any floor time if the C's are actually in the playoff chase.

battschr 07-18-2005 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't expect much out of him anytime soon. He's really struggling in the summer league right now. He's turning ball over and fouling at an astounding rate. It is summer league, but it's clear he has a very long way to go before he could even be at the end of a rotation.

From what I can gather, the main reason he fell in the draft was very bad interviews. He came off as being extremely immature, especially when compared to the very mature Martell Webster. Green could turn into a player, but my impression from the interviews I saw and read were that it is very possible he will never get "it" enough to utilize his skills in the NBA. It will be interesting to see if he can prove myself and others who question him wrong.

Kobe was obviously very mature coming out of HS. McGrady, I don't really know, but he was a very solid defender early which earned him valuable minutes. Green is really a terrible defender at this point and he turns the ball over on offense so it will be hard for him to get any floor time if the C's are actually in the playoff chase.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't know this...thanks.