Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   whine post (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291151)

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 03:07 AM

whine post

ran real well live lately. so well that i decided to get rakeback and put $1K in PP. 4 tabled the 200 game. got it in preflop with aces 4 times. won 0. TT is my AQ. bluffed my last off c/r all-in with OESFD vs TP9K.

chips!

fim

PS- day is still +EV. check OOT for why.

tiger_style 07-12-2005 07:18 AM

Re: whine post

man ill stake you on empire

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 07:30 AM

lol, thanks. if you could send $1 to me i just need another 95 cents to get to the $5 mark so i can sit.

on a real note, one thing that amazes me is that one of my favorite "buddies" from PP is still playing. I can't imagine the kind of disposable income this guy must have. not only that, he's playing 3/6 these days. needless to say my PP account now has a BR for that game in it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fim

BZ_Zorro 07-12-2005 08:22 AM

Couple of days ago when you were carrying on like a [censored] I commented that it had 'been a while'. Talk about a good read.

Just read your OOT post.

Now you write a zero content post about "I lost a grand, but it was a great day because a chick likes me!"

Please don't ever say a bad word about iceman again.

BZ.

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Couple of days ago when you were carrying on like a [censored] I commented that it had 'been a while'. Talk about a good read.

Just read your OOT post.

Now you write a zero content post about "I lost a grand, but it was a great day because a chick likes me!"

Please don't ever say a bad word about iceman again.

BZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

you've just joined the elite ranks of iceman, richie and redpill. you should be proud.
fim

wtfsvi 07-12-2005 08:41 AM

Read the FAQ you newb (with more posts than me). Fim is allowed to post no-content stuff. Haha, well [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BZ_Zorro 07-12-2005 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you've just joined the elite ranks of fimbulwinter, iceman, richie and redpill. you should be proud.
fim

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you. I've never flamed anyone before and never will again after this post, but you're the only poster who's been enough of a jerk to deserve it.

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you've just joined the elite ranks of iceman, richie and redpill. you should be proud.
fim

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you. I've never flamed anyone before and never will again after this post, but you're the only poster who's been enough of a jerk to deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing is that this little troupe of detractors i seem to carry around have all come by way of the exact same steps:

1. post crap advice
2. fimbulwinter calls them out
3. avoid subject
4. multiculturalist argument
5. follow fimbulwinter around like an annoying little bug

the really funny thing is that so many people see me as such a jerk. in reality there are posters who say things much more brazen and insulting; the fact that i give complete candor in expressing my opinion of someone seems to be 100 times more hurtful and offensive to them than simply swearing and throwing around 3rd grade insults as is often the norm. I'm simply amazed at how people like BZ, redpill, iceman, richie etc. are hurt and disgusted when i tell them they're below average intelligence WRT this forum. they are, heck, 50% of posters are.

ah well, I guess i'd much rather be a jerk for honesty than a jerk for stupidity. Final thought: the funny thing is that in real life people very often thank me for my honesty. i guess something doesnt translate. either that or the anonymity of the internet lets the dregs like my remoras get huffy and puffy since they can't in real life. ah the joys of the intarweb.

fim

BZ_Zorro 07-12-2005 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. post crap advice
2. fimbulwinter calls them out...
I'm simply amazed at how people like BZ, redpill, iceman, richie etc. are hurt and disgusted when i tell them they're below average intelligence WRT this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't recall you ever commenting about my poker advice, or calling me a below average poster. Your theory doesn't apply to me. I wouldn't mind at all if you called my advice or thoughts retarded, it's what this forum is about and I'm here to learn.

[ QUOTE ]
Final thought: the funny thing is that in real life people very often thank me for my honesty. i guess something doesnt translate.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your honest advice, and welcome your comments on my advice.

My reason for calling you a jerk has nothing to do with any of your poker related comments on this forum.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, this is the first time I've been involved in one of your threads.

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. post crap advice
2. fimbulwinter calls them out...
I'm simply amazed at how people like BZ, redpill, iceman, richie etc. are hurt and disgusted when i tell them they're below average intelligence WRT this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't recall you ever commenting about my poker advice, or calling me a below average poster. Your theory doesn't apply to me. I wouldn't mind at all if called my advice or thoughts retarded, it's what this forum is about and I'm here to learn.

[ QUOTE ]
Final thought: the funny thing is that in real life people very often thank me for my honesty. i guess something doesnt translate.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your honest advice, and welcome your comments on my advice.

My reason for calling you a jerk has nothing to do with any of your poker related comments on this forum.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, this is the first time I've been involved in one of your threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a step back, and just look at the people with whom you're associating. the people who think i am a jerk and flame me in threads consist of:

iceman: a guy brilliant enough to make a fool of himself while pleading his case. he managed to take a forum full of people who hand't noticed him and didn't care about him and turn it against him.

richie: a guy who sat there and had a massive argument against essentially all of MHPLNL over a retarded point where he was completely wrong. then he bombs in on any thread he can and says "fim your an idiot cos you think you only need 10K hands for your winrate." when in fact i said that by reviewing 10K hands it would be pretty easy to see if someone was a winner in a game. he still hasn't got the difference.

redpill: banned 9 times. can't beat 25NL.

Brings to mind the phrase

"you're known by the company you keep"

The reason i'll never be a diablo or a flynn is that i don't ignore people like these. In a sick way i really enjoy kicking people like you all around. in real life if someone like me bothered to get into an argument with people lie these, i'd look stupid and cruel for picking on them. here, there's no "don't hit a kid with glasses."

maybe i should ignore them, and i probably should ignore you as well. I'll sit here and hash it out with you for as long as you want. my e-persona means nothing to me, so if you must, keep up the "buzzing" cos i'll be waiting.

fim

BZ_Zorro 07-12-2005 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Take a step back, and just look at the people with whom you're associating.

[/ QUOTE ]
The connection is in your mind only. I'm posting my comments as an outside observer.

[ QUOTE ]
The reason i'll never be a diablo or a flynn is that i don't ignore people like these.

[/ QUOTE ]
This comment speaks for itself. I'll assume the rest of that paragraph is a joke.

[ QUOTE ]
maybe i should ignore them, and i probably should ignore you as well. I'll sit here and hash it out with you for as long as you want. my e-persona means nothing to me, so if you must, keep up the "buzzing" cos i'll be waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, I'm done.

TheWorstPlayer 07-12-2005 09:57 AM

Fim, why don't you post your thoughts on my retarded limp re-raise with suited one-gappers instead of arguing with people? I'd love to hear your view. Is it really as dumb as everyone says?

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Take a step back, and just look at the people with whom you're associating.

[/ QUOTE ]
The connection is in your mind only. I'm posting my comments as an outside observer.

[/ QUOTE ]

what part of "you are a member of this group. This group is defined as those who have taken their time to take shots at me in threads" is in my mind? aside from your fab avatar and your post's complete lack of contiguous logic, this is all i have to go off of, so yes, the connection is really there.

let's put it this way: If i could have all of 2+2 know that i was antagonistic with you all, i would consider it a compliment to my persona.

fim

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fim, why don't you post your thoughts on my retarded limp re-raise with suited one-gappers instead of arguing with people? I'd love to hear your view. Is it really as dumb as everyone says?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to say it, but i really have fun with these folk. like i said, in real life i'm a leader type who has to be kind and gentle to all. getting to take the kid gloves off for a while feels great.

off to your post.

fim

jkkkk 07-12-2005 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I hate to say it, but i really have fun with these folk. like i said, in real life i'm a leader type who has to be kind and gentle to all

[/ QUOTE ]

Secret life of a scout leader eh? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

poboy 07-12-2005 05:54 PM

Can't we all just get along. FWIW I think both of you are among the better posters on the forum(fim probably top 3). However this thread and the one in MH really paints a bad picture of your personalities. I think including iceman and BZ in a group that includes theredpill is downright retarded. It seems you are the only one who felt iceman doesn't know what he is talking about, and I think you are wrong here about BZ as well. I'm sure this post will get me a charter membership to your little group but really does anyone even care?

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't we all just get along. FWIW I think both of you are among the better posters on the forum(fim probably top 3). However this thread and the one in MH really paints a bad picture of your personalities. I think including iceman and BZ in a group that includes theredpill is downright retarded. It seems you are the only one who felt iceman doesn't know what he is talking about, and I think you are wrong here about BZ as well. I'm sure this post will get me a charter membership to your little group but really does anyone even care?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would i care what people think of an online poker persona? And FWIW, BZ, iceman and richie do post good things the majority of the time, i realize that. the real problem is what ML4l decribed, namely that they lack the capacity to understand complex situations and then get their panties in a bunch when told so.

so yeah, if i'm making a gour whose attributes are:
- basic understanding of poker
- self-precieved high level of poker understanding
- marginal overall intelligence
- take their time to e-stalk me

i'm certainly including all 4 of them.

fim

ps- as for me being the only one who thinks iceman is out of his league here, go back and look at the replies/history of the situation. the people disagreeing with him, in their ever so gentle ways, are all the staples of MH. simply because 4 upstart posters like flawless et al (who i've also corrected and have gotten mad at me) rally behind the ice cream man, doesn't mean he's liked or respected.

also look at the results of his poll. the sheer stupidity of having made it turned 1/3 of the furm, who hand't even noticed him before, against him. I for one would be more than happy if the guy took his awesome moniker and went back to BTP to make more inept 400NL opponents for all of us.

amoeba 07-12-2005 06:10 PM

where is the strat thread that started all this?

Sephus 07-12-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ran real well live lately. so well that i decided to get rakeback and put $1K in PP. 4 tabled the 200 game. got it in preflop with aces 4 times. won 0. TT is my AQ. bluffed my last off c/r all-in with OESFD vs TP9K.

chips!

fim

PS- day is still +EV. check OOT for why.

[/ QUOTE ]

did theredpill steal your password? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

iceman5 07-12-2005 06:14 PM

LOL. Fimbul, you are one of the most immature people Ive "met" in a long time. (Good thing he cant read this or I might be on double secret alert status).

2/3 of the people polled (the poll that he cant read because hes ignoring me) voted in my favor.

As stupid as a poll like that is, I'd like to see him put one up since he thinks his [censored] doesnt stink. And he calls ME arrogant. LOL.

Like I said before, Id be surprised if he was over 21 years old.

Sephus 07-12-2005 06:19 PM

heh, i have nothing whatsoever against you iceman and from lurking in mid-high i think you have a solid understanding of big bet poker, but i wouldn't brag that 2/3 of people who voted don't want you to leave the forum. i can only think of a couple of people who would "lose" a poll like that.

poboy 07-12-2005 06:19 PM

You're right there is no reason to care whether or not people like your e-persona, guess it's just a matter of personal preference. I did read the thread/poll that ice started and I don't recall anyone telling him he should leave or stop posting, and it seemed the majority actually felt he provided useful advice/comments. I agree 100% that was the most childish thing I've ever seen. But look at it this way he probably views you as a teacher type(most of us do), and when one of your teachers tells you and the rest of the class that you don't know jack, feelings are going to be hurt. Also the comment about marginal intelligence is really childish, I believe everyone here is more than marginally intelligent(well maybe not redpill). JMO

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right there is no reason to care whether or not people like your e-persona, guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

[/ QUOTE ]

so it is.

[ QUOTE ]
I did read the thread/poll that ice started and I don't recall anyone telling him he should leave or stop posting, and it seemed the majority actually felt he provided useful advice/comments. I agree 100% that was the most childish thing I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

go back and re-read it. there were people who wanted him out strictly on the basis that he made such an amazingly retarded post. most, until then, just saw him as a vanilla poster who was good at saying "DOOD FOLD AJ PRELOP TO RAISES!!!!!!"

real ML4L's reponse and then read iceman's complete fcukup of a response to it. golden.

[ QUOTE ]
But look at it this way he probably views you as a teacher type(most of us do), and when one of your teachers tells you and the rest of the class that you don't know jack, feelings are going to be hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when have i tried to be a teach type. i've tried to avoid that by not responding to random PM's etc. bottom line is that i have that role in real life, here i get to be nothing but a NLHE purist, so people who douche up th forums that are responsible for a massive amount of my cash gt my wrath.

[ QUOTE ]
Also the comment about marginal intelligence is really childish, I believe everyone here is more than marginally intelligent(well maybe not redpill). JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

this is my complait. NO NO NO. think hard on this one:

50% of the posters on this forum are above average intelligence for this forum
50% of the posters on this forum are below average intelligence for this forum

the forum has doctors, winning playes in the 10/20 games, WSOP winners, and people with impressive academic achievements. the ice cream man has been grinding 1/2 and below for a million hands, by his own admission (but he wants you to know that HE SOME TIMES PLAYS AS HIGH AS 5/10NL WITH A 1000 BUYIN!!!!!). He is obviously not more intelligent than half the people who post here.

fim

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heh, i have nothing whatsoever against you iceman and from lurking in mid-high i think you have a solid understanding of big bet poker, but i wouldn't brag that 2/3 of people who voted don't want you to leave the forum. i can only think of a couple of people who would "lose" a poll like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of only one person brilliant enough to put up a fantasitic thread like that. Once you add in the subsequent thread begging diablo to justify him, you have a one-in a million winner like icy.

fim

BZ_Zorro 07-12-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where is the strat thread that started all this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Original Thread

Iceman's Poll

amoeba 07-12-2005 06:55 PM

lol, KK preflop should be a banned subject.

poboy 07-12-2005 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Since when have i tried to be a teach type. i've tried to avoid that by not responding to random PM's etc. bottom line is that i have that role in real life, here i get to be nothing but a NLHE purist, so people who douche up th forums that are responsible for a massive amount of my cash gt my wrath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly I find this statement sad. Kind of like the star athletes who say I don't want to be a role model for young kids, I just want to play ball and make my $. Like it or not when you are at the top of the pyramid there are going to be those who look up to and want to learn from you.

Anyhow I'm done with this, as I said it is a matter of personal preference. If you prefer not to be viewed in this light, who am I to say you should.

iceman5 07-12-2005 08:50 PM

This will be the last time I respond to any of this idiots posts.

I just want to know a couple things
1) Who annoited this immature fool as king of this forum
2) Has anyone ever seen him play?
3) Does anyone even know if he wins?
4) Does anyone besides me think hes a self important, egotistical, jerk?
5) Does anyone know what HIS education level is?

All he does is spout off and talk down to people like hes some kind of god like figure. The guy is an idiot. It doesnt matter how good he is, and I dont see any evidence to even say he IS good, hes still a cocky, petty little boy with some kind of complex. I suspect that he has an inferiority complex and likes to dominate people on anonymous forums to make himself feel better about himself.

If he talked down to people like this in real life he would get knocked on his ass.

Hes SUCH a poker god here, but yet he plays $200NL and crys like a baby when he gets all in with AA and loses. Give me a break.

DoomSlice 07-12-2005 09:03 PM

fim, I think you need to take a posting break.

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fim, I think you need to take a posting break.

[/ QUOTE ]

but beating up on this guy is so much more fun than talking poker...

fim

Little Fishy 07-12-2005 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS- day is still +EV. check OOT for why

[/ QUOTE ]

I searched for you in OOT didn't see your name in there the last week... what thread are you talking about??

fimbulwinter 07-12-2005 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS- day is still +EV. check OOT for why

[/ QUOTE ]

I searched for you in OOT didn't see your name in there the last week... what thread are you talking about??

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got out of a long-term relationship that career paths forced to end, so i was feeling down. then i met a new girl and got called by another girl i knew from wayback, so im doing ok.

fim

BobboFitos 07-12-2005 11:33 PM

no more dancing with maria?