Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   PokerAce Hud - Version 0.20 Released - PokerStars Support! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287473)

PokerAce 07-06-2005 03:42 PM

PokerAce Hud - Version 0.20 Released - PokerStars Support!

I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.20. I'm also pleased to announce the launch of the new PokerAce Software website.

Download Version 0.20 at the new website:

http://pokeracesoftware.com

What's New in Version 0.20:

# New Feature: PokerStars support.
# New Feature: Window position saved on exit.
# New Feature: Separators in Popup Stats.
# New Feature: Actual numbers used for percentages in Popup Stats.
# Changed Feature: "Show Mine" stat option in Layout Manager is no longer tied to "Visible."
# Changed Feature: The "Format" stat option now uses a tilda (~) instead of percent (%) to indicate where the value goes.
# Fixed: Self stats displaying on wrong table ("flickering" issue).
# Fixed: Popups will no longer popup on empty seats.
# Fixed: Mucked cards should no longer be delayed.
# Fixed: Self stats for tournaments.
# Fixed: Problem with tables with hyphens in their name.

Here are a few major upcoming features:

# Additional poker site support. More poker sites will be supported shortly.
# Omaha support. Support for PT Omaha statistics.

Please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it.

A lot of the bugs that have been brought to my attention since the last release have been fixed. So, if you encounter a bug in this version that you were getting in an older version, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or on the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

udontknowmickey 07-06-2005 03:49 PM

Re: PokerAce Hud - Version 0.20 Released - PokerStars Support!

d'oh! I had just downloaded .19 and then right when I hit refresh on this forum you post this! Thanks for wasting all 30 seconds of my time! j/k j/k Thanks once again for a great job keep it up!

Subby 07-06-2005 04:07 PM

Just amazing. Really great stuff.

Thank you.

baronzeus 07-06-2005 04:16 PM

Hey,
for some reason, everything on pokerstars looks weird and out of place.

...edit: NEvermidn.

Edit: mucked cards are deelayed on stars

Supern 07-06-2005 05:14 PM

I like your new site.
Very nice!

PokerAce 07-06-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: mucked cards are deelayed on stars

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because Stars doesn't write the hand history until after the hand. I can't do anything in real time like I can for Party.

mmbt0ne 07-06-2005 05:43 PM

Congratulations. You've officially surpassed PV in every way, shape, and form. And you've done it all while having a free piece of software. I hope plenty of people are donating to your cause.

imported_azalin 07-06-2005 05:48 PM

I think i love you.

excession 07-06-2005 06:16 PM

I donated $20 -transferred $70 to PokerAce on Party and he sent $50 back - frankly anyone who doesn't donate something really must be a cheapskate..

Get your wallets out guys..

Nomad84 07-06-2005 08:30 PM

Working great! Just wanted to confirm that the bug I reported in v.19 seems to be fixed. No problems at all in the few minutes I've had it running. CPU usage pegged at 100% immediately with .19, but not now.

PokerAce 07-06-2005 08:54 PM

Glad to hear it. Be sure to let me know if it starts back up again.

teddyFBI 07-06-2005 10:00 PM

First off, I was a loyal PV user from the start, and you may have seen, I still like to defend Amir from attacks at every turn.

That being said, I downloaded PA to try it out and I think it's great, so kudos on a fantastic product. I don't regret the $50 I spent on PV for a single second, but I commend you on providing a free alternative.

A few questions:

1) mucked cards, for whatever reason, don't work for me...is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?? When are they supposed to display...?

2) I couldn't help but notice that many, many aspects of PA, in both function, and aesthetics, very closely approach PV...and yet PA seems MUCH more stable and quick than PV...I know very little about each product's functionality, but is there something fundamentally different about PA that makes it not susceptible to the things that seem to slow down PV??

TheIrishThug 07-06-2005 10:21 PM

in the layout manager it has stars with 10max. am i missing something cause i'm pretty sure that i've never seen stars with more than 9 players at a table?

teddyFBI 07-06-2005 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in the layout manager it has stars with 10max. am i missing something cause i'm pretty sure that i've never seen stars with more than 9 players at a table?

[/ QUOTE ]

stars has both 9 and 10 max tables

TheIrishThug 07-06-2005 10:32 PM

ahh, they hide the 10max over in limit.
so i assume that the layout labled tourney is the one that will apply to 9max?

TheIrishThug 07-06-2005 10:42 PM

it's taking a really long time for it to find the tables i have open. also the layout for 10max is being displayed for the 9max nl games, so nothing is lining up corectly.

Nomad84 07-06-2005 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to hear it. Be sure to let me know if it starts back up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Email sent about a different problem, but I think it may be a Party Poker issue and not a PAHUD issue.

PokerAce 07-06-2005 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) mucked cards, for whatever reason, don't work for me...is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?? When are they supposed to display...?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the layout manager, select the mucked cards at showdown from the dropdown and make sure they are visible.

If this is on Stars, you don't get mucked hands for observed tables, you have to be dealt in the hand. They are also shown at the beginning of the next hand.

If you check the option and it's set, send me a log file and I'll try to see what the problem is.

[ QUOTE ]
2) I couldn't help but notice that many, many aspects of PA, in both function, and aesthetics, very closely approach PV...and yet PA seems MUCH more stable and quick than PV...I know very little about each product's functionality, but is there something fundamentally different about PA that makes it not susceptible to the things that seem to slow down PV??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to comment on the quality of PV or the code, because I've not used PV for many months now and I haven't looked at the code. That said, it's possible that it's not coded well. It could also be basic design issues. It could also be some of the things it does is "iffy" and easily causes problems.

I really don't know. There are a lot of possibilities. Please don't think I'm saying Amir is a bad developer. I have nothing against Amir, and I have no idea what kind of developer he his. The last version of PlayerView I used was pretty good, it had it's problems but worked. I just honestly feel that it's not an application worth $50, that's why I'm developing this alternative.

Now for why PA Hud is stable, I'm very careful with my code and try to fix any and all bugs I run into and never do things half-assed. I always try to choose the most effecient AND stable way to do something. I've also been programming most of my life and was a professional software developer for 6 years. I have a lot of experience developing applications.

PokerAce 07-06-2005 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's taking a really long time for it to find the tables i have open. also the layout for 10max is being displayed for the 9max nl games, so nothing is lining up corectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bug was discovered with the PokerStars NL tables. Turns out they're using the 10 max layout rather than the 9 max. This has been fixed and I'll be releasing a new version shortly.

Also, how long does it take to find the tables? It shouldn't be longer than the end of the hand that was going on when you opened the table.

TheIrishThug 07-06-2005 11:58 PM

i think the loading problem might have been on my end. when i had it open i was not imporitng the hands being played into my database, idk if that would be an issue. just tried it again, it loads the first table. but anyother tables do not load. they have all had at least 3-4 hands played and the table has not been picked-up. closed poker ace and all the tables, opened PA agian and it got nothing.
closed out everything, including stars, this time i picked-up the first table i opened, but not the second.

PokerAce 07-07-2005 12:21 AM

First, please turn logging on in the preferences.

When you have both PA Hud and PS tables open, look in the Data\Stars\HandHistories directory. This is where PA Hud temporarily writes the hand histories. Check to see that there's a file for each table you've opened.

What kind of tables are you opening (limit, NL, PL, tourney)? Also, which particular tables are you opening?

Send me the log file and we'll get this figured out. Thanks for working with me.

PokerAce 07-07-2005 12:22 AM

Also, there's a bug with NL/PL tables, so if the tables you were having problems with are NL/PL, please wait until I release the fix for those. If not, then my request stands.

PokerAce 07-07-2005 02:33 AM

I released version 0.21. This fixes the bug with PokerStars NL and PL tables. It also fixes a bug with Party and skin's 2 and 3 table SnGs.

Download it here:

http://pokeracesoftware.com

Thanks, and let me know if you experience any problems.

KeysrSoze 07-07-2005 03:34 AM

Man, this is awesome on the basis of the show mucked hand feature alone! It's hilarious seeing the crap people are showing down in real time. I love the way it autodetects tables so I can scout them out while I'm on the waiting list. Have to paypal you something on my next cashout [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MiguelSanchez 07-07-2005 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is there something fundamentally different about PA that makes it not susceptible to the things that seem to slow down PV??

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anything about the code in either app but in a lot of cases the newer program has an advantage of knowing what they want to do, and being able to plan accordingly. Code will inevitably become inefficient and bloated when more and more features must be added to a core that wasn't meant to handle those features. Starting over (as PokerAce did) gives a big advantage in terms of the final product at the expense of requiring more time coding.

SlyGuy 07-07-2005 10:33 AM

I would dispute this statement. A bad origianl design will lead to a bad bloated application later on in the product lifecycle. This is a poor excuse for bad developement.

teddyFBI 07-07-2005 10:50 AM

I think it's safe to say that I'm officially a convert from PV (although as i've said 100 times before, I've never regretted that purchase for an instant).

A couple suggestions, if you wouldn't mind:

1. Can you make it possible for the mucked cards to be displayed for a little longer? I find they appear, and then disappear after about 2 seconds...if more than 1 person saw showdown, sometimes it's tough to take in all the mucked cards (esp. when you have other tables you're playing). I think in PV they more or less stay displayed until the next hand is dealt, which I actually like...you'd just have to find some way to ensure that they never covered up the view of your own cards from the current hand (i.e. make them a background object or something).

2) Can you have an option to display the showdown BOARD as well, as PV does? It's nice seeing mucked cards, but that's only half the story, as you have to see the board that the opponent was calling with.

3) silly questions: if I upgrade to a more recent version of PA, my layout doesn't get tossed, does it? It is 'saved' even during upgrades, right?

That's all the suggestions for now (oh, and I'll repeat the suggestion to somehow transfer the layout from 10 max over to the 9max and 6max layouts...it took me near 90 minutes to get the 10max the way i like it...i don't relish the idea of having to repeat it for the other layouts...i'd just like the stats that i have displayed around each player box to be copied (if nothing else, let us copy the formatting and ranges/colors...that took me even longer than the positioning).

TheIrishThug 07-07-2005 11:10 AM

they do not get thrown out.

u can go into the layout folder, save a copy of ur 10max, rename it as what it should be. when u open the layout manager again, u will have 10 of everything, but it takes far less time to remove a few ppl than re-format everything.

teddyFBI 07-07-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they do not get thrown out.

u can go into the layout folder, save a copy of ur 10max, rename it as what it should be. when u open the layout manager again, u will have 10 of everything, but it takes far less time to remove a few ppl than re-format everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but your suggestion confuses me a little -- what do you mean "save a copy of ur 10max, rename it as what it should be. when u open the layout manager again, u will have 10 of everything"??
Is this a way to avoid having to re-enter / position /specify range everything for the 9max and 6max layouts?

TheIrishThug 07-07-2005 01:24 PM

well this is what i did to setup the 10max stars table. i copied the party layout and then renamed it in the layout folder of PA HUD. i haven't had time to go and try to set up any of the other table layouts. so idk if this will work for trying to go from 10 -> 9 or 6, since i only did it from 10 ->10. i'll try it when i get home.

PokerAce 07-07-2005 01:28 PM

Thanks for giving PA Hud a shot!

1) I'm thinking of doing for Party what is done for Stars. Since Stars isn't realtime, I can't show the cards at showdown. Instead, at the start of the next hand, everyone's cards who went to showdown and the board are shown for five seconds.

2) See above. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

3) Installing will not overwrite any of your configurations. You can copy the files in Data\Config and Data\Config\Layouts if you're cautious/paranoid, but there should be no problems.

4) I do plan on making the Layout Manager easier to use. What TheIrishThug was talking about are the .PTH files. If you look in the Data\Config\Layouts directory, you'll see a .PTH file for each layout. You can copy and rename the file for the layout you completed. Just make sure you open the file you copy to and change the Name=Pty_10_Max (or whatever) to the appropriate layout.

tallstack 07-07-2005 04:39 PM

If you are planning on increasing the length of time that the cards are shown, then can you make this a user variable? Since I have changed the PA HUD cards back to the Party cards, it is very confusing when the mucked cards are showing at the same time as my next hand's hole cards. For this reason, I definitely do not want the cards showing up after the hand is over.

As a side note, I also had problems figuring out what my opponents had before the cards went away using the default mucked cards. When I changed them back to the Party cards, immediately I had no problem recognizing what my oppentents held. I am not saying that your cards aren't good (I think they are), just that it is much easier to quickly recognize the hand when all the cards are from the same deck. I understand that you needed to come up with your own cards to avoid copyright issues

My problem now is that with the Party cards the mucked cards don't look any different (spacing aside) from my mext hand's hole cards. On times where the mucked cards lag over to the next hand (this hasn't happened with the latest version [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) it has been real confusing for me. Especially when playing four tables. I think that those who are using the default cards likely won't get confused by this, but I really like using the Party cards and I don't want to change back to the default cards unless I have to.

So, is it possible to have the user configure the display time, say in seconds after the start of the next hand? I could set mine to 0 and other users could enter whatever value they want.

Thanks,

Dave S

PokerAce 07-07-2005 05:59 PM

Yes, it will be an option you can turn off. If you like the mucked hands at showdown just like it is, you can keep it that way.

TexBigSlick 07-07-2005 06:52 PM

Suggestion: Stat Reminder

I'm sure this will become less necessary the longer I use a layout, but I find myself not being able to remember which stat is where. Is there a way to provide a reminder of what the stat is if you either hover over it, click or right-click it?

Thanks. Great tool.

Rob (TexBigSlick)

excession 07-07-2005 07:31 PM

Oh one request please - can we please have an option to make mouse hover work to pop up stats without having to press buttons to turn them on and off? i find its a bit fiddly especially on the laptop - thanx

PokerAce 07-07-2005 07:38 PM

Re: Suggestion: Stat Reminder

Rob, that functionality would be difficult to add. Perhaps in the future I'll look for a good way to do it. However, you could try adding something to the format of each stat to identify it.

In the layout manager, there's a Format: box. This is where you can change the formatting of your stats. For instance, if you have "V:~" in your VP$IP stat, it will display like "V:23.4". That would give you an easy visual cue as to what the value is for. You can also click on the user name and get a list of stats with full descriptions.

I would recommend that if you have problems remembering what your stats are, is to only start off with a few. Then, when you have those down, add another and another. It shouldn't take very long to get all your stats on the window, but it might help in remembering which stat is which.

skoal2k4 07-07-2005 08:36 PM

a silly request

is there a way you can somehow incorporate PT's Auto-rate rules into this?

edit: disregard... found what I was looking for [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PokerAce 07-07-2005 08:38 PM

Re: a silly request

What do you mean? The icons? The icons are already available. Go to the layout manager and choose "(Player) Icon".

XxGodJrxX 07-07-2005 08:56 PM

I love your program, it is a godsend on Party. I have downloaded .20 and have tried to use it on Stars, but the stats have not been refreshing. It seems that in order to get the stats to refresh, I have to close the application, or actually bring up the instant-stats window (am not sure why that is). I am not using starspy or opening the window (besides when I figured out that opening it refreshes the stats). I kind of doubt it, but can pokertracker be the cause?

I've also just noticed that the "only show stats from current limit" button doesn't work. The only stats displayed are the ones from the table, and they show as N/A.

PokerAce 07-07-2005 09:13 PM

I know this is a silly question, but are you importing hands as you play? If the PT data isn't getting refreshed, PA Hud won't be able to put any new data out there.

If this isn't the problem, send me a log file where PA Hud did not refresh, but should have, and I'll see if I can spot the problem.