Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   PokerAce Heads Up Display - Stats You Want to See (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=284594)

PokerAce 07-01-2005 07:47 PM

PokerAce Heads Up Display - Stats You Want to See

Since the release threads tend to get filled with bug reports, I thought I'd start a new thread here where we can discuss stats you'd like to see in PA Hud.

Even if you've mentioned one before, please post it again. That way they are all gathered into one location.

marand 07-01-2005 08:10 PM

Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Stats You Want to See

I would like to see betFlop% betTurn% betRiver%.
Maybe (bet+raise)% for flop turn and river.
That would be more useful than the aggression stats for the flop, turn and river.
(Since the aggression stats are so much affected by how much they call. Often you really just want to know how much they bet or raise.)

littledave 07-01-2005 08:16 PM

Thanks very much for this great work! You have seemed to take the best of each of your competitors out there. Namely, PostgreSQL which GT has but PV hasn't. Stars support which GT has but PV probably won't ever. PV has a cleaner and more complete layout, but seems to be surpassed by PokerAce.

Keep up the excellent work!

1.) hold the mucked cards a bit longer, please. Sometimes it goes by so quickly... ahem, that couldn't be user-configurable, say, 1-5 seconds, could it?

2.) Layout stat, Table Average $$/hand, please.

3.) Global fonts - you've already mentioned this but it was on my list.

4.) Stars, Stars, Stars, I want to get my 3 votes in...

5.) I'd like to view my own stats, user-configurable, perhaps individually-configurable so that I can see a different set of stats for myself than the rest of the table.

6.) Previous board - PlayerView shows the board for the last hand, along with the players' showdown cards too. These are smaller, configurable either by text (i.e, Kh, As) or card icon/images. These remain on the screen until the next showdown.

Donation coming soon - I'll contact you privately - thank you!
Dave

brick 07-02-2005 04:20 AM

Percent opponent showed down the winning hand when they raised turn and a showdown occured.

This would be sweet.

astarck 07-02-2005 10:54 AM

This would be VERY simple to do. A list on the download page that tells you each site the software works with (any skins as well).

I have found myself wanting to download this and try it on the skins, but I don't know if it will work. I'd like to know before I download the software.

xLukex 07-02-2005 12:23 PM

Average Finish and ITM % in SNGs.

PokerAce 07-02-2005 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would be VERY simple to do. A list on the download page that tells you each site the software works with (any skins as well).

I have found myself wanting to download this and try it on the skins, but I don't know if it will work. I'd like to know before I download the software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but for now, here's a list of supported sites:

Party
Empire
PokerNow
Eurobet
MultiPoker
Intertops

TheIrishThug 07-02-2005 02:42 PM

i know party places ur name plate in a different position then if anyone else was sitting there. and that is probably y u have to place the user data manualy, seperate from the normal 10players. do u think u could have the user stats go next to the name plate, no matter what seat u r in.

marand 07-02-2005 05:18 PM

I would like to see the betting action so far in the hand.
For example:
R means raise
B means bet
C means call
x means check

So if a player calls preflop checkraises the flop and bets the turn and river it would look something like:
C/xR/B/B

A player who raises preflop, bets the flop and calls the check raise and calls the turn and river would look something like:
R/BC/C/C

This would be useful if you play many tables and for example forgets who raised preflop on a specific table.

12AX7 07-02-2005 10:45 PM

I've not used Poker Ace, but doesn't anyone want to see these things?

They are just basic, but seems like they are what you want for decision support.

1. A display that keeps track of each opponents opening and raising standards from each position and shows them to me in an "at a glance" format. (naturally it would have to be based on historical and recent play data.) Probably along with a "percentage of the time he does this" number for each data point.

2. Pot odds.

3. Odds of making hads with my holding + board

4. Hands my opponent can make from the board

5. What hands on the flop the opponent raises, calls, folds to a raise with, etc. Again, "at a glance" format.

So basically I'm thinking I want all the things I would be looking for if I was taking notes manually about opponents + playing time info to weight against the historical profile in order to make clear bet/call/fold/raise type decisions more accurately.

Nothin' real fancy or artificial intelligence like. Just good solid data that keeps me from making mistakes.

The bet history the poster above mentions would be good too.

Basically I want a HUD that boils everything down to free my on personal cycles up to make playing decisions.

To be honest I don't quite understand how folks are using data like "raises preflop 22% of the time" to make any kind or playing decisions other than "oh this guy is aggressive" etc. Probably just my lack of experience.

Jarekb 07-02-2005 10:48 PM

All good points, things I'd like to see implemented. Thing is though probably a lot of 2+2's would find point 1 a bit much, to see how they bet with what cards. You would need a large number of hands on them before it would be useful though. Even if people protest this sort of thing, it's the next step for poker huds.

12AX7 07-03-2005 05:18 AM

Well, what I'm thinking is... one thing I'd mine hand histories for is the data I need to make a strategy chart of how a specific player is playing.

Poker Spy already sort of does this in real time with that 20 hand or so window it has.

I find the cards are mucked so fast I can't scribble them down fast enough. So it's ripe for automation.

But it is simply what I'd do by hand if I was fast enough.

I also agree, a statistically valid sample would be very large. But I'm thinking, maybe even just *this* session or the last few.

I was thinking of a grid of a starting hands by position or similar. Just like typical strategy cards.

That having been said. Seems to me that if this software isn't freely distributed, I still feel it's sort of an unfair edge and only a step or two removed from bots.

After all, once you define all the input variables that can be boiled down to make a decision support "dashboard"... the next step is to add lookup tables and decision trees,perhaps externalized to the user much like Wilson's Turbo Texas Hold'em and you've got a user customizable bot.

Wouldn't suprise me if Wilson already has one and simply isn't talking about it. After all, the have the table driven decision interface right? Graft that to the data collection of a tool like Poker Spy, Poker Indicator, Calculatem, etc... and you've got yer bot.

Guess it was optimistic of me to believe that someday I really could become an online pro. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

'course my bankroll is telling me it's a pipe dream anyway.

I've tinkered with poker on and off for a few years. To be honest I don't believe I've ever made back the investment in books, let alone approached a profit.

There was a short time where I was playing Stud in Vegas at 10/20 and under where I was significantly in the black. But it didn't last long.

The online thing seemed to be the answer to a prayer. "Could I do this without having to live in Vegas/LA?"

Guess the JoeAbrams of the world are determined to wreck that idea.

astarck 07-03-2005 12:10 PM

I'd like to see the option of making the display for mucked cards user controlled. For instance, have a box where the user can select 1-10 seconds (or something around that time) to display mucked cards. It obviously can't be too long as it would interfere with the next hand, but something a little slower, and user controlled, would be nice.

excession 07-03-2005 01:50 PM

OK Poker Ace - I had a good session with the new version today. Thanks for a great program btw.

I would suggest that (like GT+) when it provides a stat on the drop down menu like W$SD it doens't just give a % but also the actual number of occurences (ie. not just 25% but 25% (1/4)) - this is really important when deciding on the solidity of your reads - a guy who is 1/4 might just be unlucky, a guy who is 4/16 really is a showdown muppet). This would apply for all stats ideally, especially those like check/raise, fold to bets on various streets etc...

In an ideal world, PA (like GT+)would recongise your seat and display your own stats for that table without you having to place these separately somewhere else. Also you should be able to pick stats to show for yourself but not others (I wanted to show my own net $ win/lost, but prefer to see others' stats by way of BB/100).

Actually I'd like the old click and drag funtionality of GT+ (much faster to shift stuff around the screen during play so you can avoid stuff on screen like cards and money etc without having to guess during set-up)

Also I tried to use format to put a '%' after appropraite stats (makes it easier to differentiate PFR% from TPFAgg. for example) but you had picked '%' to mean something else - could you switch it so that I can show % after appropriate stats please.

I'm aware that this comes across as a bit whiny , which I apologise for - it is a great program and I will be sending you a tip in due course - but you did ask for comments [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS can you msg me with your Party account details so I can transfer funds a tip (I think that I can tranfer at Party but don't have paypal)

cheers#

PokerAce 07-03-2005 02:05 PM

excession, thanks for the message. I'm glad the new version is working well for you.

The idea of adding the actual numbers to the popup is a good one, I will be adding that feature, hopefully for the next release.

Having your own stats appear around your player box like everyone else's would cause your own hole cards to be obstructed. That's why they are done the way they are done. I'm going to be adding an option to allow you to have an individual stat show for you, but not your opponents.

Click and drag on the poker window isn't likely going to happen. It would require a redesign and rewrite of a significant portion of the application, and I'm not willing to do that at this point. Perhaps later down the road, but not anytime soon.

For formatting, I will add the ability to display percent signs. This will be done by a double percent sign. For example, using a format like this: %%% Will cause the stat to look like this "12.3%". Would that be sufficient?

Your post didn't sound whiny. I'm glad for the suggestions. That means people are using the program and want to see it improve. Thanks, and if you think of anything else, please don't hesitate to post.

PokerAce 07-03-2005 02:10 PM

I wanted to post and make something clear. There's been a lot of worry about using these types of applications with Party and skins. One thing I want to make sure doesn't happen is to have PA Hud become one of the applications they don't like.

I'm going to avoid giving the user any information about the current hand, other than perhaps the past actions of the player (whether they checked, bet, raise, etc). Things like Pot Odds, I believe is going too far towards playing the hand for you. It's one thing to see your opponents statistics, it's another to know without doing any calculations if you're getting proper odds to call.

Just try to keep that in mind when you make suggestions. Thanks!

Jarekb 07-03-2005 02:23 PM

I think there's a minimum amount you can transfer with the party netowrk ($50 I belive), so while that would be a great tip I'm not sure you'd want to send so much.

astarck 07-03-2005 02:28 PM

You could always send X amount (say 75) and PokerAce could send 50 back, for a total of 25 dollars sent. Unless Party has a problem with that.

TheIrishThug 07-03-2005 07:35 PM

in the popup stats, next to the icon can it say the name that goes with the icon. no way i can remember what all 14 icons mean.

flair1239 07-03-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've not used Poker Ace, but doesn't anyone want to see these things?

They are just basic, but seems like they are what you want for decision support.

1. A display that keeps track of each opponents opening and raising standards from each position and shows them to me in an "at a glance" format. (naturally it would have to be based on historical and recent play data.) Probably along with a "percentage of the time he does this" number for each data point.

2. Pot odds.

3. Odds of making hads with my holding + board

4. Hands my opponent can make from the board

5. What hands on the flop the opponent raises, calls, folds to a raise with, etc. Again, "at a glance" format.

So basically I'm thinking I want all the things I would be looking for if I was taking notes manually about opponents + playing time info to weight against the historical profile in order to make clear bet/call/fold/raise type decisions more accurately.

Nothin' real fancy or artificial intelligence like. Just good solid data that keeps me from making mistakes.

The bet history the poster above mentions would be good too.

Basically I want a HUD that boils everything down to free my on personal cycles up to make playing decisions.

To be honest I don't quite understand how folks are using data like "raises preflop 22% of the time" to make any kind or playing decisions other than "oh this guy is aggressive" etc. Probably just my lack of experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

No this would be too close to a Bot application.

MaxPowerPoker 07-03-2005 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in the popup stats, next to the icon can it say the name that goes with the icon. no way i can remember what all 14 icons mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great suggestion. Now what does the mousey mean? Does the money bag mean I can take lots of his money? Does the elephant mean I am playing against republicans?

mistaken 07-04-2005 06:27 AM

I'd like to see Preflop Limping %, so I know how often they're limping with AA or garbage. Hopefully this is possible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Gl, I love your program already.

Mistaken

excession 07-04-2005 08:30 AM

you can already set up to show Vp$iP, PFR and Cold Call Raise%

Ignoring checks from the BB, the 'limp in' % should be Vp$iP - (PFR + CC)

Boolt 07-12-2005 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see betFlop% betTurn% betRiver%.
Maybe (bet+raise)% for flop turn and river.
That would be more useful than the aggression stats for the flop, turn and river.
(Since the aggression stats are so much affected by how much they call. Often you really just want to know how much they bet or raise.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, these are the stats I'd like to see added most.

Femto 07-12-2005 09:09 PM

The effort you are putting into this, freely, for everyone's benefit, is quite commendable. Amir has paying customers that don't get nearly the service you provide.

That said, the one thing I'd like to see implemented is the ability to view table stats from the PA window, where it lists all the open tables. Table VPIP, PFR, AGG, BB/100, etc. It would make table selection a lot more convenient. Kind of like PE had, and kind of like GT+ has.

Boolt 07-12-2005 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That said, the one thing I'd like to see implemented is the ability to view table stats from the PA window, where it lists all the open tables. Table VPIP, PFR, AGG, BB/100, etc. It would make table selection a lot more convenient. Kind of like PE had, and kind of like GT+ has.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just sent Josh an email on this same subject. One thing in addtion to the stats is that each table should be clickable in the PA window so that clicking it brings up the table. Would greatly simplify the table selection process.

PokerAce 07-12-2005 10:15 PM

Since this seems like a feature quite a few people want, I'll add it to my list. I also like the idea of double-clicking selecting the table. Both of these options will be added.

Kumubou 07-12-2005 11:03 PM

This may be a lot like the first reply's suggestion, but I would really like to see a VP$IP-independent aggression factor statistic. As it stands now, AFs widly differe depending on VPIP -- a AF of .9 is fairly passive with a VPIP of 25, but is really agressive with a VPIP of 90. I figure that would end up being ( num_raises + num_bets )/( num_raises + num_bets + num_calls). Maybe you can get cute and add the pythagorean theorm there and square the number of bets+raises and calls, see what happens. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

A fold-independent aggression stat. would probably be useful too -- a lot of weak-tight players have artifically high aggression numbers because they do a lot of folding.

-K

SamIAm 07-13-2005 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You could always send X amount (say 75) and PokerAce could send 50 back, for a total of 25 dollars sent. Unless Party has a problem with that.

[/ QUOTE ]I think Party has a problem with that. I've been reprimanded in the past when I buddy tried to pay me back for dinner this way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

SamIAm 07-13-2005 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see Preflop Limping %, so I know how often they're limping with AA or garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]This seems very close to VP$IP+ColdCall-PFR. If everybody sees VPIP and PFR, I'd rather add ColdCall to the list than Limp.
-Sam

SamIAm 07-13-2005 01:54 PM

A nice stat that PEdge used was "(PFRaise)Bet Flop". In other words, of the times they raised preflop, how often did they bet the flop. If it was high (~60) then they were good check-raise material. If it was low (~40) then they weren't.

I admit that this stat is highly tainted by their PFR %. If they only raise with AA and KK, they likely SHOULD bet the flop. But it's still a nice number to see.
-Sam

APerfect10 07-13-2005 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems very close to VP$IP+ColdCall-PFR. If everybody sees VPIP and PFR, I'd rather add ColdCall to the list than Limp.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

ColdCall is already available in PAH.

grinin 07-13-2005 06:11 PM

Won @ SD when bet flop
W$SD when bet turn
W$SD when bet River
W$SD when Raised flop
W$SD when Raised Turn
W$SD when Raised river

Also one minor point. Is there some way to eliminate the popup stats after you have clicked on them? When I first played with the app yesterday I clicked on someones stats and then had to wait until the popup timed out before I could act. I found I could usually click on another table and the popup would usually disappear. Is there an option for "click and hold" for popup stats or "hover"?

PokerAce 07-13-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also one minor point. Is there some way to eliminate the popup stats after you have clicked on them? When I first played with the app yesterday I clicked on someones stats and then had to wait until the popup timed out before I could act. I found I could usually click on another table and the popup would usually disappear. Is there an option for "click and hold" for popup stats or "hover"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Click the popup itself, it will instantly disappear.

SamIAm 07-13-2005 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there an option for "click and hold" for popup stats or "hover"?

[/ QUOTE ]I see that grinin already got an answer to his question, but this "click & hold" is a good idea. Instead of clicking to view and then clicking again to stop-viewing, I think it's better to get them to appear by holding down the button, and releasing the button to have them dissappear.

It's not like you ever sit there and read the stats. There's generally one number you want to find, you read it, and you're done.
-Sam

teddyFBI 07-14-2005 09:16 AM

Is the following possible? (and forgive me, it's kind of early in the morning, so this makes sense to me now, although it may in actuality be retarded):

I know PAHUD lets you ONLY display stats from the current limit, but I'd like to be able to make that filter a little broader: so it would be able to show ONLY stats from either LIMIT or NO LIMIT games. In other words, I may not have any stats on player X for the NL400 game I'm currently sitting in, because he's a regular at the NL600 or NL1000. So I'd like it to be able to say to PAHUD, "go ahead and include any stats from ALL NL limits...all I care about filtering out are stats from this guy in limit games".

I realize I could just unclick the 'filter for limit' button, but then the display would include all sorts of stats from limit, which - as I wrote above - I wouldn't want.

Hope that made sense, and i'm sure others will chime in on whether this might be useful, or if it is in fact retarded.

SamIAm 07-14-2005 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know PAHUD lets you ONLY display stats from the current limit, but I'd like to be able to make that filter a little broader

[/ QUOTE ]I agree, it'd be nice to broaden the filter. For instance, at 5/10, I'm happy to see their stats from 3/6 and 10/20, but I don't want their 2/4 or 15/30 stats.

PEdge had a window with every variation of limits in check-boxes. You could select which you wanted included. There were quick-links for "All", "All Limit", "All NL", and "None".

It was nice, unless you played at multiple limits. Then you'd have to change the filter when you changed games. (This is something that "Only current limit" does nicely.)

I think I'd be happy to manually set the filter, if we had such power to control it.
-Sam

PokerAce 07-14-2005 07:07 PM

I'll look into allowing filtering by any and/or all limits you have available in your databases. It might be several versions away though.

SamIAm 07-14-2005 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It might be several versions away though.

[/ QUOTE ]Don't worry, all of these suggestions are only to improve your already-amazing app. I would never mean to complain; I'm only trying to give suggestions, since you're modest enough to call this "beta".

Keep up the good work. We do appreciate it.
-Sam

OrianasDaad 07-15-2005 02:43 AM

Here's a list of things I'd like to see:

Table Average: Pot size in $$ and/or BB.
Table Average: Cold-call pre-flop %.
W$SD% for each street when betting/raising.
Last known board.
Optional text representation of hole cards.
PT notes in pop-up w/ icon representing this.
Transparent backgrounds for stats.
Auto-copy between 10, 9 and 6-player layouts.