Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.14 Released (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=284003)

PokerAce 06-30-2005 10:08 PM

PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.14 Released

I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.14.

PA Hud is an application along the lines of GameTime+ and PlayerView. It reads information about your opponents and places them directly on the poker table window for easy access.

Download PA Hud Here

What's New in Version 0.14:

* Popup stats! All those stats you don't have room for on the window can now be seen in the popup. Simply left-click on a player to see their stats.

* New stats added:
-- "Name" - Name of the player.
-- "Cold Call Preflop" - The % of times player cold calls preflop.
-- "Folds to Flop Bet" - The % of times player folds to a flop bet.
-- "Folds to Turn Bet" - The % of times player folds to a turn bet.
-- "Folds to River Bet" - The % of times player folds to a river bet.

* Minor bug fixes.

** Special note. This installation will not wipe out your layout and configuration files.

Here are a few major upcoming features:

Tournament Support. This includes SnGs and MTT.

Additional poker site support. More poker sites will be supported shortly.

Omaha support. Support for PT Omaha statistics.

It's still a tossup between additional poker sites and omaha support as to which one gets added first. Let me know how you feel. The feature with the most demand will get done first.

If you have any questions or comments, please send them to me. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

APerfect10 06-30-2005 10:12 PM

Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.14 Released

You've officially surpassed GT+ and PV...combined!

Congratulations!

PokerAce 06-30-2005 10:30 PM

Not quite yet, I still need to get tourney support, Omaha support and a few additional sites. Give me another few weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jarekb 06-30-2005 10:31 PM

Here's my vote to have support for more poker sites before Omaha.

theRealMacoy 06-30-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my vote to have support for more poker sites before Omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jarekb 06-30-2005 11:25 PM

I plan to bonuswhore 7 cryptic sites tomorrow, so if you feel like pulling an all nighter I'll make sure to drop a thank you note from my neteller account (well seems you only accept paypal, so paypal it is).

PokerAce 07-01-2005 12:16 AM

I found and fixed another bug. If you check the 'Show Stats From Current Limit Only' option and you play at a 9 max table, no stats will appear. This has been fixed in version 0.15.

You really don't need to download this version unless this bug affects you, nothing else was changed.

PokerAce 07-01-2005 12:17 AM

Sorry my friend, I pulled an all nighter earlier this week trying to get the new version out. I'm not about to do another. Support for those sites will make it in, but not by tomorrow.

Jarekb 07-01-2005 12:26 AM

Heh I was kidding (well...half kidding). Any idea which sites you plan to add first?

bubbahotep 07-01-2005 12:40 AM

My vote is for more sites over omaha support.

I havent had a chance to try the app yet (no money at party skins - tied up elsewhere). Does it start showing stats for a table immediately or do you have to play a hand at the table first, like GT+?

MaxPowerPoker 07-01-2005 12:49 AM

As soon as the first hand that you observe/play is complete, the stats display.

kevyk 07-01-2005 12:51 AM

PokerAce,

Thanks very much for writing this piece of code. I found it far superior to GT+ and PlayerView. It also seems to make far more efficient use of system resources. I will take note when you begin to accept Neteller donations and send something. Thanks again.

Kevin

kevyk 07-01-2005 12:55 AM

One small issue: saving changes in the configuration manager causes the system to hang for 10-15 seconds. I observed this behavior when saving changes to the 6-max layout; it did not matter whether or not tables were open.

PokerAce 07-01-2005 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One small issue: saving changes in the configuration manager causes the system to hang for 10-15 seconds. I observed this behavior when saving changes to the 6-max layout; it did not matter whether or not tables were open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am aware of this issue. I'm not sure what causes it yet, but since everything restarts correctly after 10-20 seconds or so, I don't think it's urgent that it gets fixed.

I'll hunt down the problem, but I'd like to get some additional features added first. After all, how often do you make configuration changes after the initial setup anyway?

jaym 07-01-2005 01:09 AM

Per the bug I found in the other thread (stats not popping up in 6max tables if I have a full ring table open too), that's been fixed. Thank you for the prompt response.

However, the popups aren't working for me. The first time I clicked on a player's stats, a small gray box about 20x20 pixels popped up with nothing in it. Subsequent clicks didn't do anything. Just a heads up.

MaxPowerPoker 07-01-2005 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, the popups aren't working for me. The first time I clicked on a player's stats, a small gray box about 20x20 pixels popped up with nothing in it. Subsequent clicks didn't do anything. Just a heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

MaxPowerPoker 07-01-2005 01:21 AM

Ah! There's a "Configure popup statistics" on the edit menu of the Layout manager.

flair1239 07-01-2005 01:25 AM

Other sites please. I will transfer $25 on Neteller the day that you get the additional sites added.

I would need Poker Stars, Pacific, Absolute, and Paradise; before I woulod switch from GT+.

sakki 07-01-2005 01:39 AM

I have a small problem with v0.15. The mucked cards are disabled by default (imo they shouldn't be). When I tried to enable them from the layout manager it's almost impossible to reposition them since all the players' boxes look the same.

And thanks for the great SW, PokerAce!

jaym 07-01-2005 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah! There's a "Configure popup statistics" on the edit menu of the Layout manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch. Popups working for me now.

PokerAce 07-01-2005 02:40 AM

Yeah, if you guys had existing configs, it didn't overwrite it with the defaults (that have all the stats turned on for popups).

PokerAce 07-01-2005 02:42 AM

I must have accidentally deleted the mucked cards settings with the new install. I'll get it fixed in the next version. Sorry about that.

PokerAce 07-01-2005 03:21 AM

I've released version 0.16. This version fixes the mucked cards not being shown by default, and it also places text on the mucked cards in the Layout Manager so you know which icon belongs to which players.

The popup box should also be populated by default for those with existing configuration files.

Mr_Bjarne 07-01-2005 05:47 AM

I cant download the program. It says the adress could not be found.

topspinner 07-01-2005 06:58 AM

I vote for more sites, specifically crypto and poker stars in that order....also, it would be great if you could add bettors actions, on each round (bet, raise, check etc...) Love the program

YoureToast 07-01-2005 08:10 AM

More sites. Also, I noticed yesterday that while the lockup problem was fixed, there were some players who joined the tables whos stats were not being displayed. I'm fairly certain they had the requisite number of hands, but I will do further testing this evening.

Jarekb 07-01-2005 09:20 AM

Well so far it seems that site support is getting the most votes. Since there are so many sites out there I'll try to keep track of which site gets votes. Guess PokerAce can add the most voted site first, 2nd later and so on.

Cryptic Logic- 2
Poker Stars-2
Pacific-1
Absolute-1
Paradise-1

YoureToast 07-01-2005 09:31 AM

I vote in this order:
Stars (provided tournaments are covered)
Paradise
UB

OrcaDK 07-01-2005 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cryptic Logic

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if it's intentional, but that is brilliant!

Jarekb 07-01-2005 09:50 AM

Hehe...for some reason I've been calling them that for the past week. Well here's the correct name....

Poker Stars-3
Cryptologic-2
Paradise-2
Pacific-1
Absolute-1
Ultimate Bet-1

sakki 07-01-2005 10:21 AM

Thanks PokerAce - I downloaded the new version and it shows the mucked cards correctly.

I went through all the stats and noticed that the table averages are not shown by default. I think it might be a good idea to enable also them in the next version, since they should be useful for most people.

cokehead 07-01-2005 10:53 AM

Well I vote for Omaha first, guess I'm the only one. Great piece of software by the way.

tallstack 07-01-2005 12:52 PM

I have two suggestions related to ease of use.

How about having the option to change the default font for all stats? Once I found the font that I liked best, I spent a good bit of time changing them all individually.

When I have updated new versions, I have had to change the preferences each time. Can these be saved as a configuration file, or have the new version recognize the previous settings?

Thanks,

Dave

Folding Pete 07-01-2005 01:15 PM

I used PokerAce Hud (for Party & Afilliates) and GT+ (for everything else) at the same time and it worked a lot faster than GT+ for everything.

Folding Pete

PokerAce 07-01-2005 01:25 PM

tallstack, that's a good suggestion about global font changes, it's been mentioned before. I'll be adding that ability soon.

From version 0.15 and on, you don't have to worry about your layouts being overwritten by a new install.

MaxPowerPoker 07-01-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about having the option to change the default font for all stats? Once I found the font that I liked best, I spent a good bit of time changing them all individually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until PokerAce gets the global font change option you can simply change the VP$IP stat to the font you want, save it, then open up the layout file and do a find and replace for the font value. Save your changes. I think you have to restart PA-HUD for the changes to take effect. Works for me.

fooz 07-01-2005 02:25 PM

And ...nitpicky...but I'd like to be able to right-align stats (might as well do "center" too).

Especially for placement on the right-side of the screen, I'd like to put as close to the edge as possible but you have to give extra room in the event that it's 3 digits.

fooz 07-01-2005 02:27 PM

And REALLY nifty would be conditional display...as in, only display the F-ag, T-ag, & R-ag if total hands is greater than 300. It would really clean up the screen. But that may be asking too much.

tallstack 07-01-2005 02:55 PM

Thanks. I never would have thought of that.

tallstack 07-01-2005 02:59 PM

Just one more question. I know that the layouts are not overwritten, but is this true for the preferences such as min hands to show stats, and hand refresh ranges? If so, then that is pretty nice. I know that I have manually entered this data on every version from .10 to .15. Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks,

Dave