Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "Official" Live at the Bike thread (6/10) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=270304)

Kevmath 06-10-2005 08:14 PM

\"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (6/10)

Tonight's show is scheduled to be the usual $1000 min/no max 10/20 NL game. Even though Mo or Yulette didn't fare too well in the $500 shootout last night, I'm sure they'll be back in tonight's game to redeem themselves. Throw in some of the other Friday regulars and it'll be good poker. Or it could be another 200 NL game.

Kevin...

Kashie 06-10-2005 08:59 PM

Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (6/10)

I wish I wasn't so damn tired cause I'd go down and play the Mini.

It must be the 200$ one Tonight at the Bike

Kevmath 06-10-2005 09:06 PM

Bzzt, looks like at least a 500 game.

Kevin...

Russ McGinley 06-10-2005 09:07 PM

Nice start. A weakly played set. I assume he was scared of the flush, but would your lone opponent check to you on the river?

ethan 06-10-2005 09:09 PM

Seat 2 is Daryn.

Kevmath 06-10-2005 09:13 PM

Hope he doesn't pull a McGinley and lose it all with the best hands.

Kevin...

Daxonovitch 06-10-2005 09:14 PM

GL Daryn, sir. Nice jacket. ;-)

Kevmath 06-10-2005 09:21 PM

Wasn't the 4 seat supposed to call against Daryn and hit the 2 outer since we all know L@TB is rigged!

Kevin...

Kashie 06-10-2005 09:23 PM

Denny, What's the Mini series Game for Saturday Night at
the Bike?
Thanks

wallofchips 06-10-2005 09:25 PM

Seat 6 wins the pot including the $900 all-in bet.

Daxonovitch 06-10-2005 09:26 PM

Answer to trivia question:

Seat 1 is entitled to receive the amount of his raise back, and then his hand is dead.

The floor should also say "protect your hand next time, buddy" and do his best to soothe a probably-infuriated rhinocerous.

Kevmath 06-10-2005 09:26 PM

Besides firing the dealer?

Since seat 1 is allin, you take seat 1's cards out of the muck and play the hand out, which looks like why I'll never be a floorman.

Kevin...

Russ McGinley 06-10-2005 09:26 PM

The answer is simple.

Give Denny a Stone Cold Stunner, do 10 push-ups next to his carcass, give him the double bird, and take the prize money.

http://dailytitan.fullerton.edu/issu..._08_austin.jpg

When2Holdem 06-10-2005 09:27 PM

can someone please repeat the question?

thanks

Pete 06-10-2005 09:27 PM

punch the dealer!!!

Kevmath 06-10-2005 09:27 PM

4:15pm $100+25 Pot Limit Holdem

Kevin...

benneh 06-10-2005 09:29 PM

When2:

6 bets 200

1 all in for 900

dealer mucks seat 1s hand before you 6 is able to call

Piers 06-10-2005 09:29 PM

I had a similar ruling made in a tournament I was playing. The player mucked his hand rather than the dealer, but I assume it makes no difference.

Basically the ruling was seat 6 could either.

Muck and seat 1 wins the pot.

Call 200, and win 200 from seat 6 pus blinds.

Call 600 or raise and win the whole pot.

That assumes everyone else has folded.

Also the person with the mucked hand, subsequently reached into the muck and pulled two cards out and said these were mine. Do not know what difference that made?

Jive Dadson 06-10-2005 09:31 PM

Assuming the cardroom has the rule that the floorman is allowed to remedy unusual situations to protect the integrity of the game ... The floorman should ask seat six to write down what his cards were, and not allow anyone to see it except the floorman The floorman should then instruct the dealer to retrieve them from the muck. If the cards match, play continues. If not, seat six loses everything including the $900 bet, but is allowed to murder the dealer without penalty.

The hard-nosed decision is that seat six loses everything. However, I don't think players should have to be too worried about the dealer stealing their cards from them.

When2Holdem 06-10-2005 09:31 PM

thanks benneh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jive Dadson 06-10-2005 09:31 PM

Let the record show that I picked number 3 before Denny listed it as an option.

Kashie 06-10-2005 09:32 PM

I believe in the Question,
You give seat#1 his Raise Back and then give him a free Hat and Some free entry to the Legends of Poker.

The guy in seat #6 wins whats left!

Jive Dadson 06-10-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming the cardroom has the rule that the floorman is allowed to remedy unusual situations to protect the integrity of the game ... The floorman should ask seat six to write down what his cards were, and not allow anyone to see it except the floorman The floorman should then instruct the dealer to retrieve them from the muck. If the cards match, play continues. If not, seat six loses everything including the $900 bet, but is allowed to murder the dealer without penalty.

The hard-nosed decision is that seat six loses everything. However, I don't think players should have to be too worried about the dealer stealing their cards from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is absolutely the right call. I've seen floormen do this at least three times at Bay 101, and no one ever complained. Players should not have to be worried that the dealer is in cahoots with one of the players. The floorman should make whatever ruling is most likely to give the result that would have happened if the dealer had not screwed up.

Kevmath 06-10-2005 09:35 PM

Here's a ruling from last night's WSOP 7 card stud that happened on the bubble. Would Denny actually do the same thing in this situation, and would it matter if it was a bubble position:

John Phan Eliminated on Bubble with Controversy
Phan moves all in for his last $300 with 9s as his door card. After moving all in, Phan receives a phone call. He opens it, and the floorman immediately calls his hand as dead. The point is then brought up that he's already moved all-in, and can take no further action. A phone call couldn't affect the outcome of the hand. Meanwhile, Phan politely offers to muck his hand in accordance with the rules. Tournament directors rule that the hand plays. The one caller immediately complains, and intimates that more controversy may develop should Phan win the hand. Eventually, Phan's Jacks and nines lose to his opponents Kings and Queens.

Kevin...

Kevmath 06-10-2005 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let the record show that I picked number 3 before Denny listed it as an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I edited my answer, I had Denny's option 3 before you did, so nyah!

Kevin...

Russ McGinley 06-10-2005 09:38 PM

Oh yeah? Well I knew the answer before he asked the question! NYAH NYAH

Jive Dadson 06-10-2005 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah? Well I knew the answer before he asked the question! NYAH NYAH

[/ QUOTE ]

Except, I think he said that wasn't his answer. How can you let the dealer take someone's cards away without at least trying to correct the mistake? So was Denny's answer #3, or was it wrong?

Russ McGinley 06-10-2005 09:45 PM

Denny might have been discombobulated a bit after receiving the Stone Cold Stunner.

WHAT!

Jive Dadson 06-10-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a ruling from last night's WSOP 7 card stud that happened on the bubble. Would Denny actually do the same thing in this situation, and would it matter if it was a bubble position:

John Phan Eliminated on Bubble with Controversy
Phan moves all in for his last $300 with 9s as his door card. After moving all in, Phan receives a phone call. He opens it, and the floorman immediately calls his hand as dead. The point is then brought up that he's already moved all-in, and can take no further action. A phone call couldn't affect the outcome of the hand. Meanwhile, Phan politely offers to muck his hand in accordance with the rules. Tournament directors rule that the hand plays. The one caller immediately complains, and intimates that more controversy may develop should Phan win the hand. Eventually, Phan's Jacks and nines lose to his opponents Kings and Queens.

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

The floorman made the right decision. Phan's opponent is no gentleman.

Edit: I meant, the TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR made the right decision.

wallofchips 06-10-2005 09:48 PM

The hand's dead. He loses the call, but keeps the raise.

When2Holdem 06-10-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is absolutely the right call. I've seen floormen do this at least three times at Bay 101, and no one ever complained. Players should not have to be worried that the dealer is in cahoots with one of the players. The floorman should make whatever ruling is most likely to give the result that would have happened if the dealer had not screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem i see with taking the cards out of the muck is that the muck could be alot of cards. What happens if seat 1 is dishonest and tries to gamble his way into a bigger hand. Lets say this happened after the turn (dont know what denny's question was)and he had top two pair, kings and aces; and the board is A 10 Q K rainbow . granted, a pretty weak all in with that board. but a dishonest seat 1 can claim he had K J instead of the A K he actually had, gambling that the floorperson will find a J in the muck to replace his Ace. possible? or am i missing something?

Jive Dadson 06-10-2005 09:51 PM

That may be Denny's answer, but it's certainly not the CORRECT answer. The reason for rules is to protect the integrity of the game. But you can't think of everything. When the dealer just reaches over and confiscates a player's hand in a big pot, the floorman is obligated to try to make things right.

Russ McGinley 06-10-2005 09:52 PM

making things right = 2x4 to the skull

Jive Dadson 06-10-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem I seee with taking the cards out of the muck is that the muck could be alot of cards. What happens if seat 1 is dishonest and tries to gamble his way into a bigger hand. Lets say this happened after the turn (dont know what denny's question was)and he had top two pair, kings and aces; and the board is A 10 Q K rainbow . granted, a pretty weak all in with that board. but a dishonest seat 1 can claim he had K J instead of the A K he actually had, gambling that the floorperson will find a J in the muck to replace his K. possible? or am i missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

The player did not initiate the trouble. There is no reason to assume he is going to try to cheat. As I said, I've seen a situation like this come up three times at Bay 101. Every time, the floorman was able to retreive the cards from the muck, and there was no doubt in anyone's mind that the hand proceded exactly as it should have. No one complained.

The other ruling would cause a lot of ill will. Besides, it's just not right.

Kashie 06-10-2005 09:59 PM

What I thought it was settled already.

End of story.

Next question.

JoeySkeets 06-10-2005 10:00 PM

What is the proper tip size for a winning pot in a cash game?

Thanks,

Joe
Chicago

ononimo 06-10-2005 10:00 PM

Q: how does one instantly lose all credibility?

A: admit to a crush on Phil Gordon.

wacki 06-10-2005 10:00 PM

Link for announcers

Kashie 06-10-2005 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the proper tip size for a winning pot in a cash game?

Thanks,

Joe

They give them from 1$ to 2$.

Depending on the size of Pot but that's normal.
Chicago

[/ QUOTE ]

stankybank 06-10-2005 10:05 PM

Re: Q: how does one instantly lose all credibility?

admit to wanting to marrying him for that matter.

obviously because he is a billionaire.