Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Running out of time to clear PP bonus. Need advice (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=268079)

HRFats 06-07-2005 08:01 PM

Running out of time to clear PP bonus. Need advice

I'm only 450 hands into the 1050 needed to clear the PP bonus. I played 2-table last night for three hours and only cleared 150 raked hands. I go out of town with no computer (going backpacking and I MUST go)on Friday. With my job and family I can only play from 9pm to midnight.

I have never 3 or 4 tabled before but that's what I must do to clear this I guess. Can you guys give me some suggestions on how to manage the 4-table game? THANKS!

splashpot 06-07-2005 08:03 PM

Re: Running out of time to clear PP bonus. Need advice

6max tables. More raked hands per hour.

HRFats 06-07-2005 08:06 PM

Any change in strategy on a 6-max vs a 10-max? Maybe play a little more loose or stick to my normal gameplan?

Sluke 06-07-2005 08:06 PM

Play 4 tables of 6 max 25NL.

richie 06-07-2005 08:08 PM

Also, the % of raked hands seems highest at the $1/2 level. You only need a $5 pot to qualify for a raked hand. Unless, of course, you are a high limit player and do not want to play at low stakes.

WayneX2 06-07-2005 08:17 PM

Play 1/2 6max. You will get ~60 raked hands per table per hour.

smartalecc5 06-07-2005 08:20 PM

You can 4-table 6max 1/2 for about 3.5-4 hours and clear 700 hands (that is what I did for PokerRaceNow)

jayboo 06-07-2005 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Play 1/2 6max. You will get ~60 raked hands per table per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the fastest way i have found to clear a bonus. 4 tables and you will be done in a couple hours.

lane mcbride 06-07-2005 09:16 PM

if you aren't familiar with 6 max it can eat up your bankroll pretty quickly... the swings are big.

I would suggest that if you play four tables... set them up at the four corners of your screen so there is as little overlap as possible. try and use the preaction buttons when folding is your clear action. once you have finished with the preaction you are ready to act on whichever table is next. also... anticipate which table will be next and be ready to act there. concentrate. limit your distractions since you are new to this. good luck!

hhughes 06-07-2005 10:08 PM

I very much agree with Mcbride on the use of the preaction buttons if you in a hurry...speeds your time up, though it might not help with the others at the table...

You've got ~600 hands left...play at least $1/2 limit and add one more table...and play the full 3 hours both tomorrow and Thursday...assume 60% raked hands per table and ~ 60-70 hands per hour...

65x3 = 195 hands playing 3 tables each hour
195x60% raked = 117 per hour
117x 3 hrs of play = 351 raked hands

If you do this both evenings, you should make it...(that is of course if my math is correct [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

I would personally stay away from $1/2 6 max...its very swingy and your bankroll could suffer if your shorthanded play is below average. Though if you do have the BR, then it is the best way to plow through the hands you need.

Hope this helps

KKbluff 06-07-2005 10:13 PM

If it ABSOLUTELY comes down to the deadline and you have a few hundred hands or so left, you can always 4 table the .1/.25 NL (or PL) tables very easily even if you are not comfortable playing 4 tables. (make sure they have at least 8 players or so per table)
You will avg at around 7 raked hands per orbit. That adds up to $1 in bonus money per orbit minimum. Folding every single hand will cost you $0.35 per orbit.
This leave you with a net gain of around $0.65 per orbit including bonuses .
You can always turn to this if it is your last resort.

Drunk Bob 06-07-2005 10:17 PM

I'm done with the PP bonus. PM me your Username and Password and I'll trust you too send me half the profits. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KKbluff 06-07-2005 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it ABSOLUTELY comes down to the deadline and you have a few hundred hands or so left, you can always 4 table the .1/.25 NL (or PL) tables very easily even if you are not comfortable playing 4 tables. (make sure they have at least 8 players or so per table)
You will avg at around 7 raked hands per orbit. That adds up to $1 in bonus money per orbit minimum. Folding every single hand will cost you $0.35 per orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the .1/.25 NL (PL) tables I obviously mean $25 NL or PL tables.

mungpo 06-07-2005 10:34 PM

The water is fine at the 1/2 6-Max. Just be prepared for the normal 100bb swings.

Lost Wages 06-07-2005 10:52 PM

In the past, the bonus hasn't actually expired for at least 24 hours after the deadline.

Lost Wages

PollyEmory 06-07-2005 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By the .1/.25 NL (PL) tables I obviously mean $25 NL or PL tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be the way I would do it if rushed for time. Open up 4 tables, buy in for like 5 bucks each and just post and fold. Push in with Aces and Kings. That should keep you about even. Since you're not actually really playing, 4 tables should be ok for you. If you're feeling frisky, you can try Miller's short stack strategy while you're at it.

--Polly

itsmarty 06-07-2005 11:46 PM

You could also just let this one go. Bonuses are nice, but this isn't the last one you'll have a shot at. You stand a real chance of ruining your bankroll by playing too many tables at unfamiliar games.

Martin

HRFats 06-08-2005 02:40 AM

Thanks Hughes. I played three 1/2 tables tonight and was down about $40 initially. Then I got the hang of 3 tables and the higher stakes (I always play .5/1). I played for just over two hours and cleared almost 300 hands AND made $128 in winnings. I may just have to stay at this level.

THANKS AGAIN!!

RaiNz 06-08-2005 03:38 AM

I was able to clear my last party bonus 48 hours late.

J_B 06-08-2005 06:28 AM

I 4 table 1/2 full ring. Seems to go rather quick. Nearly every hand is raked.

boondockst 06-08-2005 07:38 AM

Play $1/$2 6max Stud!!! It's pretty easy during most hours of the day and for sure EVERY hand is raked.

hhughes 06-08-2005 11:11 AM

Glad its working out for you...you gonna make it???

Nato76 06-08-2005 11:14 AM

When does the June bonus expire? I haven't even started on it.

hhughes 06-08-2005 11:23 AM

Nato:

Tonight at 11:59PM EST....

webgator 06-08-2005 01:05 PM

Wow! Those were some pretty crappy tables! I two tables $.50/1.00 for about an hour and cleared 93 raked hands and was up 45BB! I don't use PT to select my tables, but I usually try to find the higher pot tables with only one or two big/medium stacks.

I'd add one more table and play a tighter than usual...should have no problem clearing it.

HRFats 06-08-2005 01:15 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like I will make it now!!

Nato76 06-08-2005 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nato:

Tonight at 11:59PM EST....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks hughes. WTF, didn't we just deposit on Monday? Wow, I totally focked this one up.

DeuceKicker 06-08-2005 01:20 PM

Finally, a voice of reason.

I'm not sure if everyone just wants to talk about what games they play, but it's absolutely horrible advice to play a game you're not familiar with just to clear a lousy bonus. You'll most likely lose more than the bonus is worth.

HRFats 06-08-2005 01:44 PM

I tend to agree but the step from .5/1 to 1/2 was not as big a deal as I thought. And while adding a tird table seemed hectic at first I as able to "settle in" in about 15 minutes. And I just folded most of the first 50 hands while I got the feel of it.

So yes, be careful changing up your game to clear a bonus. But it worked out for me so far. I cleared almost 300 hands and made $128 to boot...